Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Alpha Dex (rated PG)

That's a good poem. Almost disturbing, like Spiritomb is confident enough to tell us that they will escape and destroy us before they are even released because they know we can't stop them.

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

@jeffdavid102: Yeah, that's what I was going for. Spiritomb is so awesomely creepy.

In this one, well, I split it from Spiritomb just to add Chansey and Munna to the mix. I'm pretty sure it would not have worked as well if it was done with Spiritomb.

I also got a request for Reshiram/Zekrom by VM, so on the list it goes.

Munna is my 50th Pokemon written about!

Working: Vanillite/Litwick
    Soon: Infernape/Azumarill, Vanillish/Snorlax/Pansage, Arceus/Weepinbell, Cherrim/Mothim, Volcarona/Torandus/Thundurus, Reshiram/Zekrom

Blissey, Chansey and Munna

“Mom!”

Blissey turned around, rustling some grass around her. Her pink fur didn’t exactly blend in with the grass, and her frills didn’t help much. Behind her was an almost identical Pokémon, but smaller and long hair in exchange for her many curls. “Shh!” she exclaimed. “Some of the humans could have heard you! What is it?”

“Mom,” Chansey said, noticeably quieter than before, “Me and Munna want to know when dinner’s going to be ready.”

“Munna and I,” she responded, a stickler for proper grammar. “It will be ready when it’s ready. Please keep your voice down!” Chansey nodded happily and skipped away. Blissey rolled her eyes. Sometimes she loved her daughters, some she didn’t know why she put up with them. Though she and Chansey were blood relatives, Munna was adopted. They had been on a walk when they found her, battered and bruised, and apparently released by a human.

Blissey’s first instinct, obviously, was to take the poor Pokémon in. Soon enough, Munna was back to health, mainly due to a diet of fresh, clean water, ripe Sitrus berries, and a delicious mix made from Chansey’s egg. Chansey’s egg was noticeably sweeter than hers, probably because she had only laid a few eggs, whereas Blissey had laid at least one hundred over the years.

Chansey and Munna were like sisters now. They protected each other and stood up for each other. They also enjoyed playing constantly, though that sometimes backfired on them. For example, the noise they made while playing sometimes attracted humans, forcing them to make a hasty escape. The Chansey line and Munna line were both endangered species, so the best most trainers could do was request a zoo to get an egg for them. They were extremely rare in the wild, though there were more Munna left in the wild than there were Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey.

The rarity of Munna was due to the fact that they create a powerful mist from their foreheads, which is highly valued by many scientists. Some even say the mist is a portal to a world of dreams, although Blissey didn’t believe this personally. Chansey and Blissey are rare because of their powerful healing capabilities. A single bite of a Blissey or Chansey egg can cure most diseases, and it also puts the consumer in a positive mood for the next twenty-four hours. They are also valued as drugs(Blissey gulped as she thought about this), despite the fact that they don’t harm the body if you take too much.

She got these thoughts out of her head and started collecting food for dinner. None of them had a large appetite, so collecting food wasn’t hard. She went out to a small Sitrus berry bush that she had planted when Chansey was hatched, and picked six of its eight berries. She’d have to find new berries tomorrow. She got the water and put it in a bowl-shaped rock, and placed the berries inside. She heated it with her Flamethrower attack, and soon, the berries were soft enough to eat. She spooned them out, put them in smaller bowl rocks, and quietly called over Chansey and Munna.

They appeared fast. After thanking Blissey for the food, they all sat down to eat. The berries had their true taste come out from the heat, making them sweet and tangy at the same time. Chansey conversed with Munna all the while, but her sister didn’t seem interested in responding. Or eating.

Blissey immediately noticed. “Munna dear? What’s wrong?”

Chansey realized as well. “Yeah, sis? What’s up? You’re not normally this quiet.”

Munna got a sudden interest in staring at the ground, and she made a few sounds under her breath that faintly sounded like talking.

“Come on, Munna!” Chansey exclaimed. “If you have some sort of secret double life or a crush or something, I want in!”

“Now, now, Chansey,” said Blissey calmly. “If something’s troubling Munna, she can tell us when she’s ready.”

Munna sighed. “Okay, it’s just that… well…” She made some more noises that sounded something like, “I link more pounds of peel rabbits.”

“Pardon?” Blissey asked.

“I think I found my real parents, okay?!”

The small table(which was actually a rock) was silent following this statement. The air was tense, and no one knew what to say that wouldn’t make this scenario more awkward. Finally, Blissey started. “So… what do you know about them?”

“I saw them, a pair of Musharna, and they were making dreams of me and crying. I think I remember them from when I was a baby. Let me see.” Suddenly, a pink smoke emanated from her forehead, and an image appeared. It was a newborn Munna, next to her parents. Notably, the mother was shiny.

The Musharna were cuddling the baby, when suddenly, they opened their eyes. They quickly floated away, motioning for the baby to follow. Unfortunately, she wasn’t old enough to understand, and a red and white ball appeared out of the blue, struck the baby, and sucked it in. It was then picked up by a male human.

The scene shifted. Now, there was a baby Munna, up against an enormous, flaming ape. A Darmanitan, no doubt. With a quick strike of its flame-cloaked fist, Munna was eliminated from battle. It was bruised in multiple spots as it was recalled.

Finally, the image was of the trainer dropping the Munna on the ground, and walking away. It looked like it was all over for the floral Pokémon, when a Chansey and Blissey pair came and collected it. They nursed it back to health, and the image stopped. Munna opened her red eyes. “See! The Musharna I saw were exactly like those two. I love you and Chansey, but I kind of want to go back to my real parents. You know, to see what life is like as a Munna, not a Munna in a Chansey and Blissey family. I guess you could say,” she said slowly, “I want to go back to my roots.”

After a brief silence, Chansey smiled. “Sis, you do whatever you want. I’ll still be there with you, since they can’t live that far away.”

Blissey smiled and agreed. “We’ll bring the two leftover Sitrus berries for them. I’d like to meet your parents as well. But just remember, I’ll always love you.”

Munna squeaked happily. “I love you guys too.”

-----

Blissey: It has a caring and kind nature. Its species has seen a harsh drop in numbers.

Chansey: Its egg is sweet and delicious. Eating it puts you in a positive, upbeat mood.

Munna: It can create smoke from its forehead that displays dreams or memories. It floats using psychic powers.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 12th July 2012 at 12:14 PM.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Neat little poem there. Also, that's not how your name is pronounced and you know it. :u

And Blissey was a neat little scene, all warm. Like a fire. On fire.

Hey, that was an awesome story there. I want to request a Boldore and Slowking story.
    Today's joke: What did Batman say to Robin before they got in the invisible car?
    "Robin where's the car?"

Black 2 current team:
    Shelly Lv74
    Im a Troll
    Arc
    Duck You!
    HeraBOSS
    Anthony

@Zibdas: Thanks, and I imagine a fire on fire would be more scary than warm. And in regards to the pronunciation... well... Look, a shiny Thundurus! *hides behind the curtains*

@EmBORING!: Okay, and it helps if you say more than "awesome story." Tell what you like, what you dislike, you know.

Don't really have much to say, other than RANK UP!

Working: Infernape/Azumarill
    Soon: Vanillish/Snorlax/Pansage, Arceus/Weepinbell, Cherrim/Mothim, Volcarona/Torandus/Thundurus, Reshiram/Zekrom, Boldore/Slowking

Vanillite, Litwick, and Chandelure

Valerie looked around uneasily. She kept surprisingly close to her trainer, mainly due to fear. They had entered the Celestial Tower to pay respects to her trainer’s first Pokémon that had passed away one year ago. But something about this place freaked her out. She wasn’t a Psychic Pokémon by any means, but there was something here. It may have seemed dead and still, but something was alive, and it wasn’t her trainer.

Despite the fact that it was quite warm inside, her trainer was shivering. Probably because she was huddling up with him, and her body temperature naturally caused surrounding air to become chilly. The Vanillite floated up to his face. “Lite?” she asked nervously.

Her trainer smiled. “Don’t worry, Valerie. We’re just here to visit my first Pokémon. Nothing’s going to happen to us.” He gently stroked the back of Valerie’s head, calming her considerably. At that point, they had reached an enormous flight of curling stairs. “Come on,” he said. He started walking up the stairs, and Valerie followed quickly.

The second floor was, in Valerie’s opinion, far creepier than the first floor. It was dimly lit, with only some candles providing light. The gravestones appeared to be moving, making this disturbing scene even more disturbing. There were no windows, so the candles were the only way they could see. But something wasn’t right about these candles. She wasn’t sure what it was, but there was something.

Just as she was about to hide in her Poké Ball again, one of the candles revealed it had a single, yellow eye, and hopped up to them. She shrieked at an ear-splitting volume. Her trainer covered his ears, and took out his Pokédex. The name showed up immediately: Litwick. “Hey!” he exclaimed. “I’ve never seen this kind of Pokémon before.”

Litwick smiled, and its little blue flame flickered. It swayed back and forth in a steady rhythm. It moved its tiny, white hand, as if motioning for them to follow. It then oozed over to the stairs. Oozed was the best way to describe its gait, which consisted of waving its melted underbody and pushing itself forward.

Valerie’s trainer glanced over at her. “Come on, let’s follow it,” he said. Vanillite was about to protest, but her trainer was already chasing after the small candle. She rolled her blue eyes, and floated forwards to catch up.

Litwick was already making progress up the stairs. It appeared to be floating in midair, but a closer examination revealed it was using Psychic on itself. Her trainer was following as fast as he could, and Valerie could barely keep up. Litwick got to the top first, and began oozing towards the next flight. They both quickly followed, and it went pretty much like this for the next five floors.

By the seventh floor, both she and her trainer were exhausted. He had nearly collapsed several times, but the Vanillite had pressured him to keep going. Oddly enough, the small candle appeared to be fine, if not better, than when they started. They paid it no mind and followed it up the last flight of stairs.

On the eighth floor, Litwick went to the back of the room. It was pitch-black, with only Litwick’s light allowing them to see. But Vanillite immediately perked up. Litwick wasn’t the only one here. There was something else here. She dashed behind her trainer, and attempted to climb into his backpack. But suddenly, there was a magnificent flash of light. Vanillite climbed out, and almost fainted.

Before them, there was a hollow blue-gray chandelier with a large purple flame on its head, and smaller flames on its two black arms. It had two pupil-less yellow eyes, and a smile that wouldn’t have been out of place on a scarecrow. This time, neither of them needed the Pokédex to recognize it. It was a Chandelure. It narrowed its soulless eyes, and suddenly, it spoke(albeit through telepathy). “Good job, minion. Now,” it turned to them, “you two, come here.”

The trainer and Pokémon duo made a break for the exit, but it was too late. With a wave of its arms, a fiery inferno blasted around them, trapping the two. They turned their heads, and Litwick and Chandelure had passed through the fire. The fire illuminated their features, making them seem even more creepy and undead. “Litwick,” Chandelure said menacingly. “Dispose of these two.” Litwick was only too happy to oblige. It tossed itself at the pair, and the human prepared for the worst. He waited for the inevitable.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Eventually, he looked, only to see that Valerie was fighting off Litwick. She had expelled a frigid breath at it, blasting it backwards and crashing into Chandelure. Its purple head flame had been put out, and the candle slipped into unconsciousness. Chandelure got back up, and sent powerful flames at the ice cream cone. She quickly dodged, and countered with an Icicle Spear attack. She spun rapidly, and pointed icicles shot out of the bottom of her cone, forcing Chandelure back.

Finally, as Chandelure was stunned, she focused her little icy hands. A blue sphere formed in them. A Water Pulse attack. She brought it back, and then threw it at the Luring Pokémon, dousing it and its purple flame. It turned into black smoke, and Chandelure fainted immediately.

The boy was still breathing heavily, but slowly seemed to be getting his strength back. She was still weary as well, but she felt better than before. “G-good job, Valerie,” he stuttered, amazed at the display of power his Ice-type had just shown. Valerie smiled at him. “Now come on, let’s get out of here before another Litwick attacks us.”

She couldn’t have agreed more.

-----

Vanillite: It cools surrounding air by ten degrees Celsius. It moves by floating around.

Litwick: Its flame gets fuel from surrounding souls. It misleads and guides people and Pokémon to their deaths.

Chandelure: Its prominent head flame is the source of its power. Putting it out will cause it to faint.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 14th July 2012 at 12:40 AM.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Oo, hurray for Ice Cream! You know, inevitbly you're going to have to do Stunfisk/Dunsparce. Oh, and if you do Spiritomb, do Happiny with it. I hope you see what I'm going for there.
    (these aren't suggestions so take your time)

Ice cream beats candle every time. This one was a bit shorter, and it did not seem as good as what you normally do. I liked it, but it was predictable. They entered the Celestial Tower. They followed a Litwick to a Chandelure. Vanillite beat both of them up

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

@jeffdavid102: This is what I wanted to talk about today.

With my promise of updating once every one or two days, I've been more stressed than ever. This stress is leading to more and more predictable plots. This will get worse when the school year starts again in September, leaving even less time for writing. They'll get shorter and undoubtedly, more boring. I don't want this to happen, so I will now be updating once every week or so, four days if I have inspiration. This will give me more time to edit and come up with more creative plots.

In regards to current stories:

Azumarill/Infernape is coming along quite well, there's a chance it'll be up in the next two days. Vanillish/Snorlax/Pansage I have barely started, but I have a good idea. This announcement is now ending.

@Zibdas: I actually already did all of those, save Happiny. :P

Where'd you get Chandelures dex entry?

I don't see it in any of his dex entries.

It fits for Chandelure, and everything, just haven't seen that one :0

I liked it, but I have to agree it was predicable. :>
    Last edited by lindsy95; 15th July 2012 at 9:10 PM.

MOTHER3 cameo in HG/SS =0

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Where'd you get Chandelures dex entry?

I don't see it in any of his dex entries.

It fits for Chandelure, and everything, just haven't seen that one :0

I liked it, but I have to agree it was predicable. :>
    In case you didn't know, Z-NogyroP is doing his own dex entries he makes up himself.

And Z-NogyroP, please add me to the PM List.
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

Ohhh. Herp. :3

>.>

<.<

Can I be on the PM list, too?

MOTHER3 cameo in HG/SS =0

@charizarddude and lindsy95: You're both added. And yes, I do write my own entries. I'd understand your confusion, though.

And finally, here is Infernape/Azumarill! I hope this one is more exciting than my last one. And... that's all. EDIT: I can't believe I forgot the index!

Working: Vanillish/Snorlax/Pansage
    Soon: Arceus/Weepinbell, Cherrim/Mothim, Volcarona/Torandus/Thundurus, Reshiram/Zekrom, Boldore/Slowking

Infernape and Azumarill

It was a scorching day outside, hot enough that some water in the nearby lake was evaporating. The girl of the pair was sweating, barely managing to continue walking. Her face was pink from the heat, and she was almost dragging herself. Beside her was a Pokémon that was almost completely contrasting her. It was a rather large, blue rabbit, standing upright. His ears were bobbing up and down as he hopped around, and even if it wasn’t apparent, he was feeling the heat too. But unlike Lyra, the Azumarill could easily cool off if he got too hot by squirting water out of his mouth and spraying it over himself. He had offered to cool down his trainer, but she politely refused. It wasn’t her life’s priority to be hosed down by her pet rabbit.

They headed to the lake to take a well-deserved rest. Lyra sat down underneath a tall oak tree, and started drinking water out of a canteen. She wiped her forehead, and noticed that Azumarill was looking into the clear lake water and shaking his tail rapidly. He then looked over at her, with a wide grin on his face. She knew what that meant. Her Azumarill had always been curious, eager to explore. Every time they had come by a large body of water, he dived and swam around. And now was no different.

“Sure,” she said happily. “You can go for a swim. Just remember to stay in my view, and don’t dive too deep, all right?”

He nodded, and jumped into the water. With a few flicks of his long tail, he was under the water.

Beneath the waves was a whole new world to Azumarill. Every crack, crevice, and cranny could be holding something interesting and amazing. He had heard that others of his species had discovered rare underwater species, like the colossal Tentacruel or ocean Dwebble and Crustle. He hoped that someday, he would find a new species and make a huge leap in the field of science.

Swimming around, he saw that this lake had many things most other lakes he had swam in didn’t. For example, this one had some living examples of Lileep, who had apparently gone extinct hundreds of thousands of years ago. He also noticed some Corsola that were a dark blue, unlike the pink you find normally. But all of these had already been found, so they weren’t worth much. He decided to dive a bit deeper. Weird things usually lived in high-pressure water.

Azumarill pushed himself further, and it slowly got darker and darker. He got some light from the odd Tynamo or Chinchou, but other than that, he couldn’t see anything. Plus, unlike most places, deep down here was mostly rocks and Shellder; nothing terribly interesting. He was about to swim back to the surface, when he came face to face with a hungry Eelektross.

The electric beast roared at him, and Azumarill merely squeaked in response. He then delivered a powerful slap to the Pokémon, and made a run for it. He knew Eelektross could fly as well as swim, so trying to escape to the surface would be pointless. His only chance for survival was to swim deeper and hope he could withstand more water pressure than this electrified monster.

Beating his circular tail as hard as he could, he pushed himself into the frigid waters. He was shivering, but his fur kept him warm enough to survive. Luckily, Eelektross didn’t have fur, and the one pursuing him quickly gave up chase when it got too cold. As he watched the fish swim off to catch some other prey, he noticed some lights near the floor. He decided that he could dive a bit deeper, so he headed down.

When Azumarill got to the bottom, he was amazed. The lake bed was covered in shiny Staryu, all blinking their gems slowly and calmly. In the middle, though, there was a dark space. He swam up to it, and found it was some sort of body. He felt around. It had strong limbs, thick fur, and a long tail. In one of its hands was a broken branch. He suspected that it snapped as it was swinging around, landing it underwater. He could also detect a faint pulse, so this thing wasn’t dead. But if it was down here much longer, it would be. He had to save it! He grabbed it around its narrow waist, and began pushing himself to the surface.

When it got lighter, he got a better look at the Pokémon. It resembled a monkey, with a tan body and head and white fur on its waist and head. There were golden pads on its joints, and its fingers and toes were a navy blue. Once he looked at it, he did a double take. He had seen one of these before, when he and Lyra had gone to Sinnoh. But what was its name? He racked his brain, but couldn’t come up with an answer. He figured Lyra would know what it was, once he got to the surface.

Lyra, on the other hand, was getting worried. Azumarill hadn’t stayed underwater this long before. What if something had happened? Azumarill was her strongest Pokémon. She couldn’t lose her strongest Pokémon! She leaned into the water, and began calling for him. Several minutes passed by, and nothing happened. She was beginning to give up hope, when he crashed through the surface. Water was sprayed all over her, causing her to shriek and leap back.

At the sight of her friend, Lyra ran over to Azumarill and hugged him. He smiled (though not wholeheartedly) and climbed out, holding the strange Pokémon in his tail. He placed it before Lyra, and she gasped. Trainer and Pokémon shared worried looks. “Azu! Azumarill!” he shouted, obviously concerned for the Pokémon’s life.

Lyra shook her head. “I don’t know if we can do anything. Can you get a pulse?”

Azumarill placed his large ears on the monkey’s chest, listening intently. He could hear a faint beating, almost nonexistant. But it was there. He made an affirmative noise.

“Well, what should we do to revive it?”

In response, Azumarill began smacking the Pokémon’s torso with his tail, chanting, “A! Zu! A! Zu!”

Lyra sighed, but half-smiled at her Pokémon’s adorable attempt at waking up the monkey. “Azumarill, that won’t work. Why, just the idea…” But she was cut off when a spout of water burst out of its mouth. Azumarill backed off, and gave her an “I-told-you-so” look. Meanwhile, the Pokémon began coughing and spluttering, hacking up any extra water. Eventually, it opened its eyes, and stood up. It almost collapsed again, but managed to stand up. Then, it crouched down, and tensed its face. It seemed like it would explode, when suddenly, its head caught fire.

They both jumped back, startled at the sudden ignition. Then the new Pokémon turned to face them, and Lyra gasped. “Hey, I recognize this Pokémon! It’s an Infernape. We saw one when we went to Sinnoh, remember?”

Infernape! That’s what this thing was. He would have been more excited to finally know its name, had it not been staring them down. It did not look happy.

“In! Infernape!” it shouted menacingly. Apparently, they were intruders in its territory. Infernape were very proud creatures, and they didn’t like when people or Pokémon entered what they claimed as their territory.

Azumarill began shouting at it, trying to convince it that they were just leaving. Because of this, he nearly took a fist to the face. He barely managed to duck, and at that point, he decided this Infernape wouldn’t listen to reason. He quickly convinced Lyra that it was extremely dangerous, and they both made a break for it.

Infernape stood tall, proud she had driven away those intruders. After watching them run off, she climbed a tall tree and started swinging again.

-----

Azumarill: With a few beats of its powerful tail, it can dive deeper than any other known mammal. Its thick fur keeps it protected from the cold.

Infernape: It can deliver powerful blows with flame-cloaked fists. It leaps from tree to tree, seeking out invaders in its territory.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 20th July 2012 at 4:42 PM.

That was fun. And Infernape just won't learn, will it?

Infernape must have had fun chasing down some invaders at the bottom of a a lake, didn't he?

@Zibdas: Well, it wasn't intentional. It just happened to be that she grabbed a bad branch and fell into the river.

@jeffdavid102: Again, it was just an accident. Infernape was KO'd from the water, and didn't remember that she had fainted. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Although if it could swim, it probably would.

Here is Vanillish/Snorlax/Pansage. I also got a request for Alomomomola/Celebi, and I decided to add that to Reshiram/Zekrom.

Working: Arceus/Weepinbell
    Soon: Cherrim/Mothim, Volcarona/Torandus/Thundurus, Reshiram/Zekrom/Almomomola/Celebi, Boldore/Slowking

Vanillish, Snorlax, and Pansage

At first glance, it was like any other snow cave. The floor was paved with a thick sheet of ice, cracked in a few places but otherwise perfectly smooth and even. Large stalagmites emerged from the ground, turned a whitish-gray with the layer of frost covering them. From above, stalactites hung down, giving the cave the appearance of frozen, jagged teeth. There was an icy aura chilling the surrounding air, from the blustery winters to the intense summers. As such, this cave was a place of escape to weary trainers in the summers. There was also a constant sound of clinking ice.

But the people never knew the real reason for the clinking.

In reality, the so-called “stalactites” were actually the lower bodies of a certain Pokémon, namely Vanillish. They had the appearance of ice cream cones, but this was purely by natural selection. The frigid air expelled from these Pokémon’s bodies usually surround it in a cloud of steam; however, these ones learned to channel it above their heads to keep hidden. Now humans just thought they were regular icicles.

But the constant ice sounds were created by their constant chatter. Vanillish, though secretive, are also quite social, and spend most of their time talking to others about pretty much anything. Because they got their energy by absorbing cold air, then letting it off, they never had to stop to eat. Since humans can’t understand them, they never sacrificed their secret lives. They had also learned to endure anything, be it loud noises, disruptive travellers, or general annoyances. But one day…

It had started off normal, with everyone chattering about anything they could.

“<I swear, he’s cheating on me.>”

“<Girl, just dump him already! You can do so much better.>”

“<What did you get for questions four, five, and six?>”

“<Um, thirty-two, Wisconsin, and Tim Horton’s cheese bagel.>”

“<Uh, yeah! Me too!>”

“<Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of beer…>”

“<How many times to I have to tell you to SHUT UP?!>”

“<Did you see that movie last night?>”

“<You mean “Dumb and Dumber?”>”

“<Heck yeah!>”

“<Obviously! It was hilarious!>”

“<Human on the starboard bow!>”

“<We aren’t on a boat, Einstein.>”

“<No, look!>”

Suddenly, everyone stopped. It was silent as the girl walked it. She had long, brown hair, and couldn’t have been older than twelve. She was wearing long sleeves and a blue jacket, with a pair of track pants. Behind her was a green monkey with extremely curly hair, almost an afro. A long, red scarf had been twirled around his neck, and despite the fact that it had been spun at least three times, a good portion of it still draped over his tail and dragged on the cave floor. Pansage looked around uncertainly, then glanced at his trainer.

She nodded at him. “Yup, this is the place. Somehow I’d have imagined it less…” she looked around at the frost-bitten cave, “…icy.”

Pansage made an odd noise in response, but it seemed to be positive. The girl then reached for her belt, and grabbed a red-and-white ball. “I suppose this is as good a place as any. I’m not sure what this is, but it can’t be very big if he traded it to me for Watchog. Oh well, come out!” she yelled as it ball went flying. It split open on a thin crack, and out emerged an immense beast that slammed hard onto the ground, cracking it even more. It appeared to be asleep, as it was snoring horribly loudly. The noise caused some of the Vanillish to shake, and the girl and her monkey to cover their ears.

“Wow!” she exclaimed. “This, uh, Snorlax certainly looks impressive. Let’s see, you have the moves Rollout, Mega Kick, Fire Punch, and Crunch. All right, Snorlax, use Rollout!”

Snorlax responded by scratching its belly.

“Umm, okay. Use Mega Kick!”

Nothing.

“Fire Punch?”

It burped.

“I traded away my Watchog for THIS glutton?” she shouted in rage. “I can’t believe this! That guy must have been some sort of con man!” Meanwhile, Pansage, in concern, plucked a small leaf from his head and climbed up to the girl’s shoulder. He held the leaf in front of her face as an offer. She smiled at the monkey, and ate the leaf. Immediately she felt much better and calmer. “Thanks, Pansage,” she said. “Now, what do we do with this thing?”

Pansage shrugged, and jumped on top of it. He walked up to its face, and conked it over the head. Snorlax responded with a ferocious snore, making Pansage jump back in fear and bounce on its stomach. He then leapt off its strangely bouncy tummy into the girl’s arms. Obviously, he was frightened of this thing.

She petted his bushy hair. “It’s all right. You go climbing and stuff, while I figure out what to do with this thing.”

Pansage nodded, and started climbing the stalagmites and leaping from them. Though it was plenty of fun, he decided that it wasn’t enough. Eventually, he worked up the courage to jump to the lump of fat, where he found it worked as an effective trampoline. He began bouncing up and down, up and down, until he took a risk. He bent down and made a magnificent leap in the air, and grabbed a Vanillish.

Caught off-guard, the Vanillish began to panic and shake off the monkey, inadvertently revealing itself. The Pokémon and girl locked eyes in what is known as an “awkward moment.” Suddenly, the ground shifted. At the sight of Vanillish, Snorlax had stood up. “<Ice cream!>” it yelled in a deep voice. Vanillish screamed and accidentally knocked into another Vanillish, who in turn knocked into another, until all of them were revealed.

They were all screaming and flying around in a white and blue mess. Pansage was hiding behind the girl’s legs, watching the chaos ensue, as Snorlax was swiping at the Ice Pokémon like a young child would at a Butterfree. Eventually, they got their movements coordinated, and in a frenzied panic, they flew down to a lower level of the cave. After they had fled, Snorlax drooped its shoulders, and fell asleep.

The girl, on the other hand, still wasn't sure of what had happened.

-----

Vanillish: They reside in caves, where the natural temperature of their bodies shroud them in mist and freeze over the whole cavern.

Snorlax: One of the laziest Pokémon, believed to be related to Slaking. It only gets up when it senses food in the area.

Pansage: Living deep in forests, it has mastered swinging from branch to branch. The leaves on its head relieve stress greatly.

Neat. Though I have to wonder what Question 6 was referring to....

Perfect. It would be a pretty funny running gag in a fanfic if a trainer has both Snorlax and Vanillish.

RIP in the endless pit that is Snorlax: Talkative Ice Cream Cones

can i be on the pm list..?
    pwease
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

Hello again everyone. I wish to apologize for the complete lack of updates for over a week, but I've come down with a bit of writer's block. I'm slowly working through it, though, with an Ariados/Seviper story. Really sorry to those who enjoy my stories.

Aaaand, I'm back! After a nearly two-week-long hiatus due to writer's block, I've come back strong baby! Unfortunately, I'll be leaving for two weeks next week, so I'm trying to get as many stories done as possible, so I'll write whatever comes to me. I'll do some non-requested entries and some mixed up entries, but I'll do a bunch to make up for my recent lack. And today, I bring you an extra-long entry.

@lucarioisawesome: NO.

Nah, just kidding, you're added.

Soon: Arceus/Weepinbell, Cherrim/Mothim, Volcarona/Torandus/Thundurus, Reshiram/Zekrom/Almomomola/Celebi, Boldore/Slowking, whatever else I think of doing.

Ariados and Seviper

It was a nice day, she considered. Warm, bright sun, no clouds… It was one of those lazy summer days where it felt like one should just be sitting around and enjoying life rather than hurrying around, trying to get things done. The Ariados certainly thought that. She was lying on her web, legs outstretched, completely calm and serene. Her home was beside a rather large Combee hive that housed about five hundred of the Bugs, but she wasn’t a predator. Rather, she had formed somewhat of a symbiotic relationship with the Combee; she didn’t eat them, they brought her honey. After all, she had to eat something to survive.

And their honey was delicious. Completely sweet, smooth and thick, great consistency, just absolutely perfect in every way. It made her hungry just thinking about it. Maybe she could get some from her reserves… nah, that was for winter, when she’d really need it. Combee went into a dormant state in winter, which meant they would deliver any honey to her. That was why she always saved about half the jar of honey. Apparently, they made the jars from wax. It must have been a tough process. They had to make honey, and jars too. She wouldn’t like being a Combee.

Then something smacked into her web. Hard.

She immediately woke up from her daydreaming and went to check what had happened. There, she saw a small, yellow Combee, balancing her jar of honey on its heads. Since it lacked a red spot on its middle body’s forehead, it was a boy. He was beating his wings frantically, trying to escape, but was only getting more tangled. Walking towards him, she asked, “What’s wrong?”

Though his top two heads were still screaming, she could barely make out what the third was saying. “We were… flying… to deliver… honey, but… heard… humans…. talking about… Team Magma… recreation… and… need… you to… stop them!” he exclaimed, panting because of the breath his other heads were wasting.

“Okay, okay, calm down. So you were flying to deliver my honey, but overheard some humans talking about a Team Magma revival?”

All three heads nodded.

Team Magma… just the sound of its name made her blood boil. She had been captured by one of the Team Magma grunts once, and it was horrid. They had starved her to the point of insanity so that she could reach her “full potential.” Yes, because causing her to get suicidal thoughts from lack of food would make her so much better in battles. Worse still, in their attempts to awaken Groudon, they had destroyed her original home. Luckily, some kid disbanded them, and she was released. Still, she had a bone or two to pick with anyone who had a relationship with that evil group.

“So, some people are attempting to bring back Team Magma, huh? Not on my watch.” She huffed. “Oh, and thanks for the honey. You new around here?” she asked as she began cutting off the string.

“Yeah, sort of. This is my first honey delivery.”

“Ah.” She cut of the last bit of web, allowing him to start flying again. “Thanks, and don’t worry. I’m going to stop this problem before it starts.”

“You’re welcome. Oh, and the ship that the team’s on is leaving in a few minutes, just so you know. Bye!” he shouted as he flew off.

Ariados placed the full jar of honey in her reserves, and started climbing through the oak trees. She lived in a dense forest, full of many kinds of plants. There were small rose bushes, tall oaks, spiky thorn bushes, and the odd fruit tree. Those never grew very tall. She supposed it was because of the lack of sunlight this forest got down here, but in a way, it was better for her. She had somewhat of an odd way of climbing; she fired bits of sticky thread from her mouth, then swung from branch to branch. Sometimes she did it slowly, when it was just for fun, but now it was serious. And when she got serious, she could maneuver quite fast.

Another thing about the forest? It was huge. The thick canopy blocked out most sources of light, so see relied on her great sense of smell to navigate. Swinging from branch to branch, she relived her previous job as a Magma Pokémon. It was fun for a few weeks, sure. She had beaten enough Pokémon as a Spinarak to evolve, but for some reason her original trainer got fired and she was handed to a much crueler trainer. He had three other Pokémon- a Golbat, a Dusclops, and a Sableye- and he trained them crushingly hard. Every day was horrid; they ate a breakfast of one piece of kibble(or a rock in Sableye’s case) while their trainer ate omelets, pancakes, and bacon; then it was harsh training till noon, and by harsh, she meant he tied a boulder to their backs and forced them to run five miles; then another hearty meal of a lettuce leaf, and more running; and at dinner, they got a real treat: a half-eaten Oran berry! Worse still, since their trainer was too lazy to put them in their respective Poké Balls, she ended up in odd places when recalled. Once, she went to Dusclops’s. It was full of creepy masks and horror movies, and- she gulped- strange pictures of her in a heart-shaped frame. She shuddered.

She got so caught up in her terrible memories, she didn’t notice went she emerged from the forest, and accidentally shot her string at the sky, bringing down a Ducklett. When the blue Pokémon crash-landed on the grass, she ran up to the injured bird and apologized profusely. “Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t paying attention, and I accidentally shot my string at you…”

“That’s what you want me to think.”

She was surprised at his sudden(and somewhat rude) response. “…Pardon?”

“That’s what you want me to think,” he repeated, getting up. “But I’m not falling for it. I’ve heard about you. You’re one of them DEVIL SPIDERS!”

She was taken aback at his accusation. “Excuse me?!”

“Yeah, I know all about you and your kin. You catch innocent little birdies in the air, and lure them back to your lair. Then, you use your sharp little horn, and you STAB ‘EM! You poison ‘em and eat ‘em! But guess what?” he yelled, getting a crazed look in his eye. “I’m too smart for ya! And you wanna know why? Because Momma didn’t raise no Thanksgiving dinner, that’s why!”

Before she could explain she was a peaceful one and had no intentions of eating him, he started flapping madly. “AND THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF YOU AND YOUR STUPID DEVIL SPIDERS!” he yelled, and he suddenly began racing through the sky at an unbelievable speed. Worst of all, she had yet to disconnect the string, so she flew right after him. He only kept pushing faster, cackling madly the whole way. And suddenly, he made a sharp turn, throwing her forward. It was too much pressure for the thin string to take, so it snapped. As she blasted into the air, he called after her, “HAVE A NICE LIFE, DEVIL SPIDER!” Afterwards, he chuckled to himself. “I sure outsmarted that darn devil spider,” he said.

Meanwhile, she was flying high over the land. Below her, she could she pine green trees, then light green fields, then the wooden dock, and then the great blue ocean. She looked ahead, and though her eyes were watering from the air, she could see a red ship in the distance. It was growing rapidly. It had a bright crimson “M”- Team Magma’s trademark. She didn’t have any more time to think before she smacked into the wall and blacked out.

A few minutes later, she blinked her yellow eyes. She rubbed her hind legs over her abdomen; her exoskeleton didn’t seem to be damaged from the collision. Looking back, she had barely made a dent on the ship’s cabin. A chip of paint had come loose, but that was the most damage that had occurred. She wished that she could leave an undetectable trail behind her, but it was just a puny thing and was barely noticeable. But that was beside the point. She was on the Magma ship. In order to disband them, she found the most effective way was to dispose of the leader. Silently climbing boxes that were out on the deck, she searched for an opening. She found it quickly; an open window into the main cabin.

When she entered, she was almost startled by how many boxes and crates there were. Each one was labelled differently. One read “Food.” Another “Drinking Water.” She thought the scariest was the largest, clearly marked “Explosives. Do not touch, or our great and awesome leader Annabeth will exact revenge with her most powerful Pokémon, the merciless and terrifying S. E. Viper.”

Annabeth and S. E. Viper, huh? Annabeth didn’t sound exactly threatening, but then again, Maxie, Team Magma’s original leader, didn’t sound threatening, and he was a darn big threat. S. E. Viper was probably a thinly-veiled attempt to keep their dim-witted Team Aqua rivals from knowing her Pokémon was a Seviper. Still, it wasn’t that big of a threat. She climbed up on the boxes(avoiding the “Explosives” one) and tried to locate the leader’s office.

After a few minutes of unsuccessful searching, she decided to venture beyond the boxes. Jumping down off a box, she walked through a rather large hallway. She noticed it immediately, a large, fancy door that probably wouldn’t belong to anyone but the leader. She continued walking forward, and stopped to eavesdrop on a conversation between two of the humans, presumably a grunt and the captain.

“Miss Annabeth, we’ve got targets on where Groudon is currently residing.”

“Wonderful. Bring me the reports, and a coffee, while you’re at it.”

“Yes, ma’am. Oh, and something else. We’ve noticed a paint chip on the deck. We replaced the paint just yesterday, so it couldn’t be natural.”

Ariados froze, not daring to even breathe.

“That means there’s either a stowaway or enemy on board. I’ll search the upper decks, all grunts handle the lower, and S. E. will keep guard here. Don’t stop until they’re dead.”

“Of course, ma’am.” In a moment of panic, she shot a string towards the ceiling and pulled herself up. Not a moment too soon, either, as soon, the grunt was calling for backup and the leader had left the room. She opened a Poké Ball.

Out of it emerged a black snake with golden marking all over its body, and a red spear on its tail. No doubt this was Seviper. “Now dear, you make sure that there are no enemy spies on this level,” she told it. “If there are, destroy them. Make sure they don’t live to tell the tale. We can’t have anyone taking notes on our activity, or intercepting the knowledge on Groudon.”

The Seviper raised its bladed tail to its forehead in a salute.

The evil leader smiled. “Good. I’ll be on the upper decks if you want to show me the body.”

She then made her way aboveground, and Seviper began pacing back and forth down the hallway. This roadblock would make it considerably harder to reach the leader’s room, so why try avoiding it? Seviper had a great sense of smell too, so it was only a matter of time before he detected her. But before revealing her presence, she wanted him to get into a good position; specifically, a position in which he was away from the “Explosives” box. Luckily, he quickly moved away from the box, apparently having the same worries she did. Then, she detached her string and fell on him.

He hissed in surprise and began wriggling and flailing wildly, trying to shake off the spider. In surprise, she loosened her grip, and was flung over the snake’s head and smashed into the floor. He hissed and bared his long, blood-red fangs and leapt at her. She did a barrel roll and dodged just in time, and quickly shot her string at his mouth. It sealed his maw shut, and then she jumped at him and stuck his head to the floor. The rest of his body was still squirming around, but his mouth was shut and he couldn’t move.

Now, she’d use her secret weapon- hypnotism. It was a last-resort weapon all Ariados had, but they rarely used it. It was a powerful weapon. With it, she could get a Pokémon to eat month-old gum off the sidewalk. She could get a human to suddenly burst into a loud, off-key rendition of “Happy Birthday” in public. A group of them could get the entire human and Pokémon race to worship extra-chunky peanut butter instead of Arceus. But if they did so, Arceus would take away their powers, and the people and Pokémon would return to their normal lives. Though others used it in hunting(Arceus didn’t see that as much of a crime), she only used it in dire situations, like here.

The hypnotism began by moving her body in a certain way, almost like a dance, as the humans called it. This got the victim’s attention. Next, she lowered her white horn, and began emitting a strange pulse that affected the minds of people and Pokémon. You could tell that it worked when the victim’s eyes opened wide and looked spacey. Finally, she spoke in a seductive voice that caused the victim to fall under a sleeping spell. And believe it or not, it wasn’t “You are getting sleeeeeeepy,” like someone else might. It was actually “Fall asleep or the zombie apocalypse will happen.” It worked in most cases, except for Ghosts.

---SEVIPER POV MOMENT---

His trainer had told him to guard the hallway, so guard the hallway he would. It was a pretty good job for what it was worth. His trainer had rescued him from when he was just a baby in Zangoose territory. He hated Zangoose. He didn’t know why, he just did. But he hadn’t seen a Zangoose since his capture, so he hated them in a throwing-darts-at-pictures-of-their-faces-and-attempting-to-hit-an-eye sort of way. The hallway was mostly quiet, probably because of the explosives box. Though he liked the praise, he was still a bit scared of its size, so he steered clear. It was a peaceful job too; he rarely actually had to battle.

Then something fell from the ceiling and smacked into him.

He shook as hard as he could to get the thing off. When he finally did, he saw that it was a red spider, an Ariados. But that didn’t matter. It was an enemy. He whipped out at it and snapped his mighty jaws, but she somehow dodged. Then she shot a string from her mandibles and tied his mouth up, and stuck him to the floor. He continued struggling, to no avail. Then, she stood in front of him and began dancing. What? He watched her carefully to see what she was plotting.

Next, she lowered her horn. For a moment, he feared she might stab him, but it never came. Instead, her horn made weird waves, and suddenly he slipped slowly out of consciousness. He was still slightly awake, but she told him that if he didn’t fall asleep, zombies would attack! He didn’t want that happening, so he forced himself to fall asleep.

---END SEVIPER POV MOMENT---

She smiled at her work. Propping the Seviper up on her back, Ariados began climbing to the boss’s room. There, unfortunately, she was met with a password lock. So she snapped her mandibles together and woke up Seviper, albeit slightly. “What’s the passcode?” she asked quietly.

Seviper, in his hazy state answered slowly. “Five… One… Three… Four… Eight.”

“Thanks.” He then fell back asleep, and she entered the digits. In the room, she was amazed. The ceiling was so high up, and there were many gleaming furnishings. It was obvious they had spared no small cost to build this room. But it was of no importance right now. She climbed up the walls and on the ceiling, where she tied up Seviper like a cocoon. Now, she just had to wait for the boss to come back.

After several minutes, Annabeth entered again. “Stupid grunt. There were no enemies on the ship. I’ll have his head,” she muttered, and she sat down again. This was the moment. She woke up Seviper, who regained more consciousness but was still open to hypnotic suggestion. So she began her horn rays again. She grasped the memories in his mind and mashed them with previous experiences, changing emotions to be harsher and to put his actual consciousness on a thirty-minute timer. Then, she woke Seviper up fully.

---SEVIPER POV MOMENT 2---
    On sight of her, he became naturally enraged, though his mouth(and now, the rest of his body) was still restricted. Surprisingly to him, Ariados wasn’t running. Instead, she was pointing up(or down, depending where you were). Eventually, he cracked and looked in the direction, and there, he saw it. It had white fur with a red zigzag stripe. It had long black claws and two long ears. It… was… a Zangoose.

Zangoose. In his territory. His blood began to boil; he twitched slightly; his eyes became red with pure rage. He became madder than ever that he couldn’t move, but he was sure putting up a good fight. He would kill that Zangoose, no matter what.

---END SEVIPER POV MOMENT 2---

She knew why he was so angry. She had manipulated his thoughts to make him see the team leader as a Zangoose. And she’d leave the rest to him. She sliced open the silk on his body, allowing him to flail but not drop, due to the string on his mouth. Finally, she cut that too, and with a sharp hiss, he slammed into the leader.

He grabbed Annabeth with his tail before she had time to react. He flipped her in the air, then spun around her and constricted her body. He was crushingly powerful- she could barely breathe. Before she could scream for help, he brought his sharp tail to her throat. He smiled evilly.

She smiled too. In thirty minutes, he awake from his trance, but by then it would be too late. Now, she just needed a way off the boat and she’d be home free.

-----

Ariados: They are have hypnotizing powers. They use it to catch prey by taking control of the victim’s mind, then jabbing with their sharp horn.

Seviper: It will fall into a berserker rage if it sees a Zangoose. It attacks with its bladed tail and razor-sharp fangs.

Poor Ariados. That Dusclops must have been so creepy.

*Posts* *Ranks up* Happy?

Anyway, great job again. Team Magma's weaknesses must be 10 year old kids and huge spiders
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

@Zibdas: If you discovered you had a ghost mummy thing crushing on you, you'd get creeped out too.

@charizarddude: Yes. Yes I am. And you're probably right about the Team Magma thing.

Good news: This and the next entry are quads! I would have had this up yesterday, but I got banned from Pokemon for one day.

Soon: Cherrim/Mothim/Combee/Groudon, Butterfree/Bouffalant, Koffing/Voltorb

Jumpluff, Gulpin, Clamperl, and Farfetch'd

Jumpluff was resting in the tall tree. His round cotton puffs were almost as big as his bright pink body, and the same shape as well. He was sitting here to get a quick nap before the winds picked up again. He was on a world tour. His cotton puffs and lightweight body were enough to keep him aloft when winds were strong, but if the wind stopped at an unfortunate time(such as when he was flying over the ocean), he’d have to flap his stubby arms like a bird Pokémon. That was quite tiring, so whenever the chance presented itself, he rested to store energy for when he really needed it.

He was flying around the world to see… well, anything he could see. The world was so big to a little Pokémon like him, and he wanted to venture around and discover as much as he could. Mostly, he wanted to meet as many new kinds of Pokémon as he could. Already he had seen many interesting things. Volbeat and Illumise courtship dances, beaches covered in Staryu and Starmie, territory fights from powerful Electivire, strange caves with glowing Tynamo and tiny Joltik. It was all so amazing, and he had only set off on this journey a few days ago. He had also set off because his habitat was densely populated by humans, and he was a strange and notable one. He had an alternate coloration of all the other Jumpluff, and let off sparkling spores as he flew. He knew they’d try to catch him for scientific study or just for owning a different Pokémon, so he’d left.

He felt a slight puff of wind with his top cotton ball. That meant a strong gust would be coming soon, so the Jumpluff readied himself. Soon, a breeze made its way through, and he jumped off the branch. He was flying off again. What would he see this time? He wasn’t sure, but that was a great thing about life. You never know what’s coming, for better or for worse. The world was filled with many Pokémon alien to him, so he was excited for whoever he’d meet next.

-----

The breeze slowly lost strength after a mile or two, so he prepared to catch a branch on a nearby tree. After planting his tiny feet, a horrid scent caught his attention. It smelled something like month-old rotten trash left in the sun too long. Gagging from the stench, he turned his attention to its source: an enormous chunk of unidentifiable meat. Beside it was a small green blob, with closed eyes, a yellow feather on its head, a black diamond on its back, and a pair of gooey lips. The new Pokémon licked its lips and moved closer to the meat.

Jumpluff was disgusted. “You can’t seriously be planning on eating that, can you?”

The small green Pokémon paid him no mind. It separated its lips, and opened its mouth far wider than Jumpluff thought possible. It oozed towards the hunk of meat, slowly eating it whole. It didn’t appear to have teeth. After several minutes, it had eaten the entire meal without even flinching. After connecting its lips again, it glowed purple for about a second, then a hissing sound could be heard as it shrunk back to normal. Finally, it turned its attention to the pink Pokémon sitting in the tree, who was on the verge of throwing up.

“Of course I planned on eating it,” it said in a feminine voice. “I’m a Gulpin; what did you expect?”

“Uh, sorry, miss Gulpin. I’m not from around here. I’m from Azalea Town in the Johto region, so I’m not familiar with your kind. It seems… lovely?” he said uncertainly.

“Well, thank you for saying so.” She shook her small feather. “Come down here, will you? I don’t have the best eyesight; I’d like to see you in person.”

Jumpluff wasn’t certain he wanted to be eye-to-eye with a Pokémon that just digested a piece of meat ten times bigger than she was, but he could always fly away if she attempted to eat him. So he jumped down to where the Gulpin was.

Gulpin eyed him in a strange way. “Ah yes, a Jumpluff. We have some colonies of your species around here. But, you must be one of the fabled Shinies. You resemble cotton candy. Pink, puffy goodness…” she said, trailing off.

Suddenly Jumpluff felt uncomfortable. Was it the way she was talking, or the way she seemed to be getting closer and drooling? Probably the latter. He didn’t want to be rude, and she wasn’t doing anything yet, so maybe he could wait until the winds picked up to leave.

“Yes, your kind are a rare delicacy. I hear you’re delicious plain, or barbecued with ketchup. But you, you’re special. You must have a unique flavour as well, cherry or maybe bubble gum…” she mused, probably forgetting he was right there. Now she was being creepy. He slowly backed away, but he felt a well-timed gust of wind coming on. He could jump up and fly away from this strange, food-obsessed Gulpin.

“Will you be staying for dinner?” she asked as he began to take off.

“Uh, no thanks!” he shouted as he flew away. Man, Gulpin were creepy. He’d have to make a note not to talk to another one if he didn’t want to end up fried or dipped in chocolate sauce. Well, she was behind him now. He wondered who he’d meet next… Hopefully someone a bit less psycho.

-----

His next stop was at a pristine beach. Sun was beating down on the sand, waves were slowly splashing around, Wingull were flying over the water. And on a rather large rock, there was a bevy of blue bivalves, each with a sparkling silver pearl. These ones didn’t seem to be as crazy(or hungry) as Gulpin, so he figured he may as well say hi before he went flying again. Floating up to the closest one, he said, “Hello!”

“MY PEARL!” it yelled, and all of the clams simultaneously slammed their shells shut.

He sighed. Another obsessive-compulsive species. Well, he said hi, so he may as well attempt to strike up a conversation. “I’m not here for your pearls, if that’s what you’re worried about. I just wanted to, you know, talk.”

Suddenly, all of them simultaneously opened again, and while the others began cleaning their pearls, the one closest to him began talking. “Oh, you aren’t a pearl thief? Okay then. I’m a Clamperl. I love pearls. They’re so sparkly and pretty. I especially love my pearl. Don’t you think it’s pretty?” Before he could respond, Clamperl continued. “I think it’s the most beautiful pearl in the world and I won’t let anyone take it. Ever, ever, ever! Do you like pearls?”

“Um, yes, they’re, uh, beautiful.”

“You’re a Jumpluff, aren’t you? I’ve seen some of you floating around, but you’re a different colour. Ooh, you give off sparkles! Sparkles make everything so much prettier! And you’re pink, zowie! Are you a boy or a girl?”

“I’m a boy.”

“Okay, I’m a girl. But does anyone ever call you a girl by accident? You’re all pink all over. Ooh, more sparkles! Can you put some sparkly on my pearl? Everyone will be so jealous! Can you? Huh? Please?”

“Um, okay…” He waved his right puff over her pearl, coating it in spores and making it glisten in the right light. “There you go. Now, can I ask you a question? What do you do all day around here? No offense, but it seems somewhat boring.”

“Hmm,” she said thoughtfully. “Well, I like to shine my pearl. In our group, the leader is decided by who has the prettiest pearl ever. Until just a few days ago, we were lead by an old Clamperl who had an enormous pearl. But then he got captured by a trainer and now we’re all competing for his spot.”

“Okay then,” he said. Were pearls all they thought about? “What do you do when you… aren’t shining your pearls?”

“Oh, then we show off our pearls to other Clamperl. And sometimes, we bring them over to the side of our rock and show them to the fish and water Pokémon. That’s less safe, though, because it could fall in and then we’d have to go get it. And we aren’t very good swimmers.”

“No, I mean… what do you do when you aren’t doing things with your pearls? Like, what do you eat?”

“Eat? Well, we’re a very hardy Pokémon, so we don’t eat unless someone gives us food. And when we do, it’s only for a few minutes. Then we go back to our pearls. Sometimes, we play with our pearls too, like, we balance them on our shells or we roll them around. Oh, and once a year, we give someone else a pearl as a present. It’s so fun!”

Yup, this one was just as crazy as Gulpin. At least she wouldn’t try to eat him. He looked around; everyone else was still cleaning their pearls. And she was still chattering. Every other second, she said the word “pearl”. He sighed again. She was so absorbed in her talking, she didn’t notice when the winds picked up and he flew off. Now he was sailing over open ocean. Luckily, ocean winds tended to last longer than land winds, so there was a good chance that he would get the whole way across.

-----

Another beach was in sight. He was now bobbing lazily over the ocean, the winds slowing down to a gentle breeze. This one also had a Clamperl colony, so he wouldn’t even bother talking to them. Instead, he set his sights for the woods behind it. He knew forest Pokémon tended to be calm and collected, so maybe here he could make a meaningful conversation. He twisted his top puff around to steer himself out of the way of some rocks, and then began windmilling his arms to push himself forward and upward. There were stronger winds higher up.

But in the forest, the winds were messing with him. With all the tall trees, the gusts couldn’t grip him properly, making for a dizzying flight. He started pumping his tiny arms again, to get over the trees. Once he did so, he had a much easier time, but unfortunately, the wind died down soon after. Noticing a large clearing, he floated down to get a quick rest, and maybe have a quick snack. Thank goodness skies were clear, or he might not have noticed this small haven.

He started descending. It was a charming little place, with bright green grass, pretty pink flowers, and in the middle, a small fruit tree. Looking closer, he noticed that they were Leppas. Mmm, Leppa berries were one of his favourites. They smelled fresh and juicy too. He hoped no one would mind him taking one, and maybe a few more for his worldwide journey.

“HAVE YOU SEEN MY STICK?”

He jumped at the sudden shouting. Shaking his arms to get back on balance, he screamed. Once he could see again, he saw a brown duck flying in front of him: A Farfetch’d, he knew. “What?” he asked.

“Have. You. Seen. My. STICK?” it yelled.

“Stick? No, I haven’t.”

“But you must have seen my stick! No one else has seen my stick! Where is my poor stick? Oh, the pain of it all!” He stopped crying all at once, eying Jumpluff curiously. “Say, those puffs are quite impressive.”

“Oh, you mean my cotton growths? Yeah, I’m real proud-”

“Impressive enough to hold my STICK!” he shouted, and suddenly he leapt at Jumpluff. He started pecking and ruffling through his top fluff violently, even ripping parts of it off. Once it was completely mottled and ruined, he stopped. “Well, my stick isn’t in there,” he said, frowning. “But you could be hiding it somewhere else!” He grabbed Jumpluff under his wing, and started flying off.

Meanwhile, Jumpluff was downright scared. “Kidnapping! Murder! Help!” he cried to absolutely no one.

Soon, they arrived at a branch where another Farfetch’d was perched. “Father! Father, look!” he yelled, holding up the dazed and confused Jumpluff. “This is the one who stole my stick! I know it! I KNOW IT!”

On the other hand, the taller Farfetch’d breathed heavily, and said, “David, what have I told you about attacking flying Pokémon? This is just a Jumpluff; probably a newcomer at that. And didn’t I tell you to stay in the nest? I’ve sent a small search party. We’ll find your stick.”

The first Farfetch’d, David, lowered his head. “Fine,” he grumbled, and headed to the nest.

“Ah-ah-ah,” said the older bird. “Jumpluff stays with me.” And so, as instructed, David dropped the shiny Jumpluff and flew off.

The elder Farfetch’d turned his attention to Jumpluff. “Allow me to introduce myself. I am Luke, of the Articuno colony. Please excuse my son. He’s a bit… excitable right now. I am so sorry about what he did. Please allow me to fix that.” He put the green vegetable he was carrying(what Jumpluff presumed was the stick) in his mouth, and carefully twisted around Jumpluff top growth until it was back in flying condition. “There we are, good as new. You see, he lost his stick a few days ago. He’s been frantic to find it.”

“Okay then,” Jumpluff said. “And it’s no big deal. It’ll grow back if I eat something.”

“Oh, may I ask you a small favour?” he asked.

A favour? They had just met. But he didn’t want to come off as rude. “Uh… Sure. What is it?”

“If you can,” he said slowly, “I’d love it if you could help my son find his stick.”

“Stick? You mean that green plant thing you carry around?”

“Yes. Technically it’s called a leek, but stick is fine. You see, Farfetch’d are very frail when it comes to defending ourselves. The stick is one of the few ways we can fend off attackers, so it’s only natural that if you lose it, you’ll get nervous and paranoid. That’s precisely what happened to poor David, he’s been frantic ever since. So please, can you help?”

Jumpluff weighed his options. On one hand, David had attacked him and almost killed him. Also, he was spending far too long here. He usually didn’t stay in an area for more than five minutes. On the other, if he didn’t help, David might attack other flying Pokémon. Plus, if he declined, he might not get any Leppas. “Okay, I’ll help.”

So he started floating around the little place. Other Farfetch’d were already patrolling the forest, so this was all he had to do. He started by turning over some rocks, but all that happened was some Venipede were forced out and he ended up discovering a Durant tunnel. So he looked underneath some of the larger flowers, but no dice there either. Finally, he floated up to the fruit tree, and began rustling through the branches. It was hard to see because of the broad, flat leaves, but he could see well enough. But there were so many twigs and branches, and though he was a small Pokémon, it was hard for him to squeeze through the wood. He was just about to give up when suddenly, something thin landed on his head.

Glancing up, he saw that what had landed on his head was a thin, green vegetable; a stick, like the one Luke had. Could this be the lost one? To be safe, he grabbed it and flew up to where the elder was. Presenting it to him, he said, “Is this the stick that David lost?”

Luke gasped in joy. “Yes, yes it is! Give it to me, I’ll give it back to him.” He flew off, and quickly returned. “David says many thanks. Without it, it was only a matter of time before some Mightyena hunted him down. If there is anything, anything at all, I can do to repay you, say it and I’ll make it so.”

“Well, actually,” he started, “I have some questions. Earlier today, I met some strange Pokémon. They were a Gulpin and a Clamperl. All the Gulpin could talk about was food, and all the Clamperl could talk about was pearls. I can’t see how that could be normal.”

Luke closed his eyes, thinking. When he opened them again, he responded, “Well, that’s only natural for their species. Consider what a Gulpin is.”

“It’s a living stomach,” he said sarcastically.

“Precisely.”

“Huh?”

“Gulpin is almost all stomach. It has a small heart and brain. As such, most all it can think about is food: finding food, eating food, finding more food. Gulpin were created for the sole purpose of eating. They have no other purpose. Would you cloud your head with thoughts of destruction if you were a Furret, or thoughts of flight if you were a Cloyster?”

“No…”

“So why should a Gulpin focus on things it can’t do, or don’t impact its life? Now Clamperl is somewhat of a different case. That pearl is vital to its survival. Without the pearl, Clamperl become weak. The pearl focuses its thoughts on one thing or another. So Clamperl naturally want to take care of it.”

“Well, I need my cotton growths to fly and you don’t see me obsessing over them.”

“Ah, but you have other things you can do. You can walk around, adventure, meet new Pokémon, possibly go with a trainer. But Clamperl are rooted to the spot. They get all the nutrients they need from the salty air, so what else can a Clamperl do if, say, it has become stranded? Just polish its pearl. And these Pokémon probably think oddly of you, as well.”

“Of me? But I’m just a regular Pokémon.”

“To you, of course you are. And to those Gulpin and Clamperl, so are they. We all have our own point of view on life, and are in no position to judge someone else’s. I believe that’s the answer you wanted, hm?”

Jumpluff was stunned. He really had never considered how another Pokémon sees things. Those Staryu he saw at the beach might have been signaling something far away. He never noticed the dimmer Volbeat, but they were probably trying hard to attract a mate, but deep inside, knew they’d be forgotten for the brighter ones. Those Electivire may have seen each other as a big threat to their families and had to drive the other out. The Tynamo may have been communicating to others, and the Joltik may have been frightened because of how big everything else seemed. “Wow,” he murmured. “I… I suppose you’re right. Also, I don’t mean to change the subject, but I noticed that fruit tree over there had some Leppa berries. Would you mind if I had some?”

Farfetch’d chuckled. “Of course, dear boy. Watch this,” he said, flying up. Then, with amazing precision, he threw his stick like a ninja star and cleanly sliced three Leppas off the tree before the stick returned to him. “Impressive, huh?”

“Yup,” said Jumpluff, lost for words. He floated over to collect his fruits. He put two in his fluffy arms, and ate one right there. It was perfect; sweet yet tangy, juicy yet crisp, cold and delicious. After finishing his snack, he flew back up, and requested one last thing. Noticing the lack of wind, he asked, “Finally, I don’t suppose you could whip up a small whirlwind for me to ride on, would you?”

“I should think not.” He bit on his stick again, and flapped his wings hard enough to sent Jumpluff soaring. The wind would follow him for as while.

“Thank you, Luke!” Jumpluff called down to the Farfetch’d. Then he turned forward and prepared to see new things. Newer even than before, now that he had a new outlook on life.

-----

Jumpluff: Its lightweight body can float on the wind. Catching a breeze strong enough, it can soar around the world.

Gulpin: It can stretch its elastic-like skin to over ten times its height. It gladly devours anything, regardless of size.

Clamperl: It gains nourishment by taking in salty air. It constantly works on polishing its pearl.

Farfetch’d: It protects its leek stalk with its life. Without it, a Farfetch’d become nervous and paranoid.

I would like to stay on the PM list. All right, this was a good story. It was a good length, and I'm glad you brought back Gulpin and Clamperl in the end. I almost thought you were just going to stop talking about them after Jumpluff left. It was a good ending. What? Because Jumpluff learned to accept everyone the way the are? No way. I'm talking about NINJA FARFETCH'D
    Last edited by jeffdavid102; 2nd August 2012 at 2:11 AM.

i would like to stay on the pm list pwease .
    Sorry if i dont give advice that much cause im a reader and everything is good to me :d
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast