Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596
Results 2,376 to 2,393 of 2393

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

  1. #2376
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lass Brooke View Post
    When people drive like buttholes! xD
    No, seriously though. Some people get really unnecessarily hostile when driving. I mean, if you wouldn't be that mean to my face, why do it in your car? I don't understand.. xD
    Oh, I concur! And I'd like to add something to that. It was bad enough that folks in New York City had to watch out for careless pedestrians on the sidewalk who didn't watch where they were going, often while talking on their cellphones. Now, ever since the rental bike systems started, we have to look out for crazy cyclists racing down the street thinking this is the blanket-blank Tour De France!

    Honestly, the city comes up with a lot of things that seem like good ideas on paper, but turn out bad later.

  2. #2377
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planeptune
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    Another fandom thing that gets on my nerves: My Little Pony background characters. I don't really have a problem with their popularity - I myself like some of the popular ones, it gives me something different to draw and allows me to create some new personalities to interact with the main cast. So their attention? Not a problem. (Admittedly, I do get annoyed at seeing true OCs in the spotlight, but that's more to do with the fact that they tend to either be really overused when I do see them, or it doesn't feel like the character themselves have earned it. I have no issues with OCs themselves, just that some get so much attention that it's like they're a part of the main cast. Background characters can get to this stage too)

    It's the fact that fanon ideas start being treated as canon that gets on my nerves. All of a sudden, stuff like Derpy being obsessed with muffins or Lyra wanting to be human is everywhere. And it's treated as the only part of their personalities, that this one fanon quirk is all that can ever define them. It sometimes makes me nervous that if I were to put my interpretations on the Internet, that people would be angry at me because my interpretations don't match up with the general norm.

    Same goes with even some of the main characters, like Celestia randomly being a tyrant, Pinkie being a psychopath and Rarity fighting crab monsters. NONE of that is official, so it shouldn't spread around the Internet and in all these pieces of fanart etc. like it IS. It's not funny or unique any more! I don't mind a couple of people having these interpretations, as a joke, but the rate it spreads bewilders me, as it really does get to the point that all that defines the character is a meme!

    This probably happens in other fandoms, as well, but My Little Pony is where I see it the most. I don't know why - maybe a lot of people get into it purely for the meme but don't really have an appreciation for the show itself, so try to make it fit their tastes instead, and fit the stuff that got them into it (namely, the memes)? Actually, I could go on about that latter part as well, maybe later though. But yeah, this is one thing that's really bugging me.
    The thing that irritates me about this is that some people actually want Derpy/Lyra to become a part of the main cast.

    Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

  3. #2378
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Crumbs in the butter/margarine.

  4. #2379
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planeptune
    Posts
    366

    Default

    When people call Hyperdimension Neptunia, "Hyperdimension Neptune"

    Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

  5. #2380
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    In X and Y after Lysandre and Team Flare basically committed suicide... Nobody seems to care about those houses knocked over... DID ANYONE CHECK ON THE PEOPLE INSIDE!?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  6. #2381
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Creeping on your boyfriend
    Posts
    1,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    The thing that irritates me about this is that some people actually want Derpy/Lyra to become a part of the main cast.
    While Derpy was brought up (I don't know much about My Little Pony myself) but this video of derpy probably reaches the top of my list of things that grind my gears simply based off of how obnoxious it is.

    Star-Lord

  7. #2382
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planeptune
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    While Derpy was brought up (I don't know much about My Little Pony myself) but this video of derpy probably reaches the top of my list of things that grind my gears simply based off of how obnoxious it is.
    ಠ_ಠ Why is this here? there's no reason for this to exist.

    Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

  8. #2383
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    ಠ_ಠ Why is this here? there's no reason for this to exist.
    Because anything that involves MLP comes up within ANY subject...
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  9. #2384
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planeptune
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Because anything that involves MLP comes up within ANY subject...
    I like the Bronies, they are nice people but it's when they do stuff like this that really bugs me.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 7th November 2013 at 10:17 AM.

    Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

  10. #2385
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    I like the Bronies, they are nice people but when they do stuff like this that really bugs me.
    Its just the opposite too. People who don't like MLP say they don't like something then the Bronies get up an arms... its like the genwunner argument.... but with ponies
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  11. #2386
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planeptune
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    In X and Y after Lysandre and Team Flare basically committed suicide... Nobody seems to care about those houses knocked over... DID ANYONE CHECK ON THE PEOPLE INSIDE!?
    The people in Opelucid city after it got frozen over seemed to give more of a s*** about what was going on.
    People who are really overbearing about their views and opinions.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 1st November 2013 at 1:22 AM.

    Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

  12. #2387
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    The people in Opelucid city after it got frozen over seemed to give more of a s*** about what was going on.
    People who are really overbearing about their views and opinions.
    And lets not forget that nobody cared in Sinnoh when dialga and palkia were screwing up time and space, at least some people payed attention to Kyogre and Groundon in Hoenn
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  13. #2388
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rovaniemi
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    In X and Y after Lysandre and Team Flare basically committed suicide... Nobody seems to care about those houses knocked over... DID ANYONE CHECK ON THE PEOPLE INSIDE!?
    I know right?!




    What really ticks me off the most are the super aggressive advocates of tumblr. Like, God forbid I don't reblog a picture of a girl who went missing 20 years ago. I must be a horrible person for scrolling past your post. I don't want to be antagonized by people just because I prefer not to do something. It's my choice, and if I don't reblog something, then I don't reblog something. That's that.
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.


    Gfx deviantART tumblr

  14. #2389
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    In X and Y after Lysandre and Team Flare basically committed suicide... Nobody seems to care about those houses knocked over... DID ANYONE CHECK ON THE PEOPLE INSIDE!?
    Thought the same thing! I literally went into the only house still standing and talked to the guy there...did he mention the fact that there was a giant pit in front of his house and all his neighbors were probably either trapped or seriously hurt / killed? Nope, he just said something about an ancient legend. xD

    What usually grinds my gears most: Parents who subscribe to the "absent parent" method.

    This applies to so many things. People with babies who let them scream their lungs out in the middle of a store, and who just stand around near the carriage placidly browsing. (I've noticed that this almost always happens during clothes shopping, which begs the questions: doesn't it bother you that your own child is most likely hungry, tired, sick, or a combo of all three, and can't your shopping wait until you've taken care of them?) Plus there are the people with toddlers who let them run around in the middle of a crowd, practically tripping over their own feet and almost knocking over half the people they run in front of. And the people who so obviously let their children run wild at home that, when said children start yelling and screaming in-store, they only respond with loud repeated "SHHHHH"s that have no effect.

    I also hate it when a driver makes a right turn by swerving to the left and then turning, or vice versa. First of all, it's completely misleading - I can't tell you how many times I thought the turn would be one way and it wasn't - and second of all, I see no reason why it should be necessary...? There seem to be plenty of other drivers who can make a turn without doing that.
    Last edited by Mi-tan; 16th November 2013 at 5:01 AM.
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

  15. #2390
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    I know it's been a while since someone has posted here, but I found something that really grinds my gears. This:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJZcFq8ige8

    Seems that little girl is "all grown up now", so to speak, wouldn't you say?

    I know that in America, female fictional characters have to be "hot" to be popular, and that Wonder Woman and Catwoman are showing far more curves than they did back in 1950, but COME ON! The freakin' Sun Maid Raisin Girl? Were they that desperate to sell raisins that they gave her a virtual face-lift and implants?

    Some people just go too far.

  16. #2391
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hoping for better times
    Posts
    312

    Default

    People who only seem to look at their smartphones in restaurants. And poeple who ignore their crying children in the public transport and do things on their smartphone instead.
    Something is stirring. Does this mean I stop lurking and return? Who knows...
    But yeah, real life is still being mean to me, so it is a maybe.

    Claimed Scyther

    Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button
    PASBL explained
    WF

  17. #2392
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Ooh, I've thought of something else to post here...

    People who absolutely can't stand criticism of whatever it is they like. By this, I mean people who seem like normal fans and don't usually seem to think their fandom is "flawless", but if a few other fans start to say that they don't like something about it, this person can't resist bringing up the old standbys - they're "haters", they're jealous, they're going to break the fandom because the creators will be hurt and stop creating, they shouldn't criticize until they can personally do better, they should be glad that the fandom exists in the first place, they're going to drive others out of the fandom, and so on ad nauseum. I know that every fandom has people like this, but I'm still unable to understand the sense of it (well technically I suppose it basically has no sense at all) and it still grinds my gears. Everything in the world is imperfect, and no matter how much one likes something, there's always a chance that someone else might not like it. That doesn't automatically delete them from the fandom, it just means that they don't share the same opinion.
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

  18. #2393
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    I thought of something that "grinds my gears" and has for a long time.

    Now, I respect women, I never gawk at women (a girl wants to wear a crop top with a midriff and short-shorts in public, with pink hair, I'm not going to say anything), make inappropriate advances towards women, and I stand up for women's rights.

    But one thing I just don't get is why women get so upset about men "leaving the toilet seat up". That's what irks me.

    Honestly ladies would it kill you to just look before you sit??

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •