Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    When people use obvious Family Guy and other pop culture references to make themselves think they are wittingly funny.
    I assure you, nobody thinks that they are witty or clever referencing bloody Family Guy. And on that subject, unfunny references to pop culture are annoying. If you're gonna steal jokes from a show, why Family Guy?

When people rant nonstop about how much pain and whatnot their going through and placing the blame on the people their telling it too. Seriously, we're being nice and sort of listening, and you have to turn around and blame us for your problems? That's just begging for attention.

What also "grinds me gears" is when people use...sexual content to be funny. It isn't funny. Have you seen those videos on YouTube where they take a Pokemon game and replace all the words with something "funny"? Its not. It's disgusting, its disturbing, its wrong. I wonder what the heck happens in the minds of those people.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    What also "grinds me gears" is when people use...sexual content to be funny. It isn't funny. Have you seen those videos on YouTube where they take a Pokemon game and replace all the words with something "funny"? Its not. It's disgusting, its disturbing, its wrong. I wonder what the heck happens in the minds of those people.
    I half agree with you, I don't think thst particular example is disgusting, just unfunny and immature. Some people like sex puns and fart noises, whilst for others it's just unbecoming.

And I am aware of the irony of saying this and my username.

Quote Originally Posted by Anus View Post
    I half agree with you, I don't think thst particular example is disgusting, just unfunny and immature. Some people like sex puns and fart noises, whilst for others it's just unbecoming.

And I am aware of the irony of saying this and my username.
    Well, I guess sometimes its disgusting, but sometimes they are just using the words at random, thus it makes to sense, thus can't be disgusting. All the same, it makes me mad.

I noticed. Were you aware of its meaning when you used it?

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Oh I'm very aware

Things that grind my gears:

People that get on your case for making stupid mistakes or wont forgive you for accidently doing something wrong. Seriously, people make mistakes sometimes, its not worth getting in their face over.

People that walk behind your car in a parking lot and just expect you to be able to see them and know they are there.

People that text while driving or anything like that. Seriously, you're driving. Pay attention to the road.

Bullying and harassment.

What really grinds my gears?
    Facebook
    Seriously every time I go in there I lose brain cells. All of the "Like if you did this" get in my nerves.

Proud Member Of SPCS
        Spoiler:- Credits And Pokedex Progress:

I hate stupid signatures and ignorant posters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeReshiram93 View Post
    Facebook
    Seriously every time I go in there I lose brain cells. All of the "Like if you did this" get in my nerves.
    DITTO X 100000. Seriously, I've actually questioned a few of my friends on why the liked those things and they reply with 'I don't know'. That's not an excuse!

Facebook
    You should unfriend the braindead people, it will be a much better place. In the end, you control the looks of your Facebook page.
    The artist previously known as Dark_Petal.

My face when this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    What a travesty

That was one of my favorite guys

Facebook
    I am going to be honest here, and I hope I don't offend you because I am not wanting to, however people with your attitude kinda gets on my nerves as well. Dude it's your Facebook, don't like it then don't add people on it, or you know ignore it. That's what I do, or I hide the post (Yes, you can hide the posts, I think you can hide specific posts as well). And the reason this grinds my gear is because you go insulting those people, it's also their Facebook and they should be allowed to do this (However this can lead me to being hypocritical because I hate certain likes, but that's more like Like this or you are a heartless bastard post, like this or God's going to send you to hell for not liking on a page he didn't even create thousands of years ago.. The ones you mean, I guess like Like this if you stared at somebody or did something, aleast it's not insulting you amright?),.

I don't know, I am sorry it's just people complain about FB all the time and the people that post on it. But you, like the poster above says, you can control your own page, you can hide posts, even hide all of the person's posts (I did that to one person after they shared three photos of a disturbing pet which I did not want to see), or even unsubscribe to that person, they can still stay on your FB but you don't have to see their crap..I just think it's annoying when people try to tell others what to do when sharing photos or if they are liking it etc or what they post. If they want to post about their lunch fine, let them,
    (Well, that's the good thing about being on my FB, I will try my hardest not to say anything..Sometimes it can get annoying, especially when one particular person, who is my 13 year old cousin keeps posting chainmails >.>)

I am also aware this may start a whole this post grinds my gear and this post grinds my gear, and you know what, it's fine I mean that's the point of this thread, we are sharing what grinds our gears.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    I am going to be honest here, and I hope I don't offend you because I am not wanting to, however people with your attitude kinda gets on my nerves as well. Dude it's your Facebook, don't like it then don't add people on it, or you know ignore it. That's what I do, or I hide the post (Yes, you can hide the posts, I think you can hide specific posts as well). And the reason this grinds my gear is because you go insulting those people, it's also their Facebook and they should be allowed to do this (However this can lead me to being hypocritical because I hate certain likes, but that's more like Like this or you are a heartless bastard post, like this or God's going to send you to hell for not liking on a page he didn't even create thousands of years ago.. The ones you mean, I guess like Like this if you stared at somebody or did something, aleast it's not insulting you amright?),.

I don't know, I am sorry it's just people complain about FB all the time and the people that post on it. But you, like the poster above says, you can control your own page, you can hide posts, even hide all of the person's posts (I did that to one person after they shared three photos of a disturbing pet which I did not want to see), or even unsubscribe to that person, they can still stay on your FB but you don't have to see their crap..I just think it's annoying when people try to tell others what to do when sharing photos or if they are liking it etc or what they post. If they want to post about their lunch fine, let them,
    (Well, that's the good thing about being on my FB, I will try my hardest not to say anything..Sometimes it can get annoying, especially when one particular person, who is my 13 year old cousin keeps posting chainmails >.>)

I am also aware this may start a whole this post grinds my gear and this post grinds my gear, and you know what, it's fine I mean that's the point of this thread, we are sharing what grinds our gears.
    If this were Facebook, I would Like this post.
    The artist previously known as Dark_Petal.

My face when this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    What a travesty

That was one of my favorite guys

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post

Meh I'm not offended. That and I don't want to start a argument. Sadly sometimes I can't really take them off since they are relatives that often make these posts. Or share the "Like if you" posts. So I don't go there very often now.

Proud Member Of SPCS
        Spoiler:- Credits And Pokedex Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus-sama View Post
    People that walk behind your car in a parking lot and just expect you to be able to see them and know they are there.
    Yeah, I hate that too.
    When I'm the only passenger and my mom's driving the car, she asks me to look behind to see if any people or cars are going past (which makes sense). Then she gets mad when I say "keep going, keep going, keep going, STOP!" all of a sudden. ):

I hate when people want to play with my hair. I mean, come on.. it's just stupid.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus-sama
    This. And in addition, I hate when I let pedestrians go in front of me and they barely even acknowledge my existence. I've even gotten semi-dirty looks from people before when I let them go. Where has all the common decency gone?!

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

like with the last thread; people who come into your house and ask if you have a bathroom. no we **** in the yard.
    岩根雅明=♡

So I just ate at a restaurant that probably none of you know about (actually that'd be a lie), and I have to say that I absolutely hate people who are sitting at other tables and just stare at you for a brief moment for no reason. Creepy, am I right?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

When people try and make opinion fact.

No one god damn fricken cares if so and so is better then so and so
    I'm back I guess.

Awesome- Same, I am sure we can talk civil though ^^, oh family relatives, that's a pickle you have to be careful what they see, you can specifically choose them not to see it though (Once, I had posted a status asking someone to help me prove my cousin stole my game, and even would give them money if they want. My grandmother however told my mother and well she got annoyed with me. Really stupid, although I told my grandmother about how it made me feel she went and told Mum so she said she wouldn't talk about it like that).

Crimson- Oh that's annoying, I tend to let other people go and when I am waving to them to go, they wave me to go and we are standing there having a Go gesture war, and then I go and they move the car. I mean come on, if you had just gone when I gestured it would have taken two seconds, although I am sure they are thinking like that on the other side, just annoying when you want to be polite or nice and let the other person go, even if you are the person walking and they are driving.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

People who think the past tense of beat (as in sports etc), is bet. Seriously annoys me. And people who pronounce 'H' as hache. its aech people!!!!! aech!!!!!!
    Seeking on GEN 6:
    Have for trade:
    Oblivia UT Shaymin Lv.30
    Tornadus
    WIN2011 UT Shiny Suicune Lv.30
    WIN2011 UT Shiny Entei Lv.30
    Regular Genesect
    WIN2011 UT Shiny Raikou Lv.30
    Also have following legendaries (mostly not UT) for trade: (Bank)

I have 2 each of the shiny dogs up for trade, all UT.
    PM me with a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by bidoofdude View Post
    People who think the past tense of beat (as in sports etc), is bet. Seriously annoys me. And people who pronounce 'H' as hache. its aech people!!!!! aech!!!!!!
    I've never heard that bet thing before haha, what people always here is say win instead of beat. It's like "dude i just won this guy in a game of Basketball." Which can be really confusing at first.

I hate it when people write essays in text speak.

I hate it when people don't like a person just because other people don't like him/her.

Your signature broke the pixel limit. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    I've never heard that bet thing before haha, what people always here is say win instead of beat. It's like "dude i just won this guy in a game of Basketball." Which can be really confusing at first.
    Everyone does the hache thing here, even the teachers. And the beat thing, most say, for example: "We bet so and so at so and so instead of we beat so and so at so and so. Really annoying. But it is fun to correct them and then they say whatever or get in an argument and everyone else also joins in and overwhelms me with "the past tense of beat is bet" etc.
    Seeking on GEN 6:
    Have for trade:
    Oblivia UT Shaymin Lv.30
    Tornadus
    WIN2011 UT Shiny Suicune Lv.30
    WIN2011 UT Shiny Entei Lv.30
    Regular Genesect
    WIN2011 UT Shiny Raikou Lv.30
    Also have following legendaries (mostly not UT) for trade: (Bank)

I have 2 each of the shiny dogs up for trade, all UT.
    PM me with a trade.

It grinds my gears that I cannot grow a full on beard.

And the weird people you always see on public transportation.

Life itself :l

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast