Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

I absolutely HATE when groundbreaking discoveries in Science get a little blurb in the newspaper but Katie Holmes gets a 2-page spread. I'm sorry, but the Higgs Boson, the particle that will change our outlook on the formation of the known universe is FAR more important that what some 2-bit celebrity did on their own time.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21
    I absolutely HATE when groundbreaking discoveries in Science get a little blurb in the newspaper but Katie Holmes gets a 2-page spread. I'm sorry, but the Higgs Boson, the particle that will change our outlook on the formation of the known universe is FAR more important that what some 2-bit celebrity did on their own time.
    This is what happens when society places more importance on entertainment than education.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Current endeavors:

It annoys me when people censor the word "hate". It's like censoring the word "love" or something. I don't get why people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    It annoys me when people censor the word "hate". It's like censoring the word "love" or something. I don't get why people do it.
    People do that?
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I've never seen that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    I thought I was the only one q_p Seriously, who actually cares about that crap?(I don't mean Higgs Boson btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    People do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    I've never seen that happen.
    Unfortunately, yes.

One of the original posters of this thread mentioned run-on sentences, and that reminded me of something that "grinds my gears." It's when people don't use proper grammar when they're online. Seriously, it shouldn't be that hard at all for the average well-educated 13-year-old, nonetheless someone who's even older. As most people should be since 13 is the common age limit most websites/forums use to register for the site. I just find it hard to take someone seriously if they can't even use proper grammar or punctuation. I mean I'll forgive a typo here and there or whatever but still.

Plus it makes your posts look so nice and neat, isn't that great?

What annoys me: when people are tuned out of math and science, especially when they just shrug them off and say that they're "unimportant" in their daily lives. No wonder the U.S. has lower test scores than many other countries.

Also, when people compare artists based solely on lyrics. I could easily reverse their arguments in almost all cases.

And, adbots on Twitter. Enough said.

http://i.imgur.com/rO1xc.png
    Look, it's great you love Jesus, but you don't need to constantly post pictures of it. And I'm not getting 2000 friend requests if I subscribe to your shitty page.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    Mainly everyone who says DBZ Kai had no blood or is censored. Go watch the uncut dvds or blurays.
    Or the original DBZ. I watched one the other day, it felt sick inside. xD
    Last edited by YaDunGoofed; 12th July 2012 at 3:28 PM.

キバゴ

One of the things that annoys me the most is the facebook posts of (mostly) teenage girls that say 'for every liek this pic gets these ppl get 1 doller' and other crap like that. I don't know if they realize, but liking a picture won't send money to anyone. Plus those people need to learn how to spell.

I just love Link's faces.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue
    Join the Hoenn Triangle (we have cookies, and cheesecake. Mmm, cheescake)

3ds friend code: 0645-7048-9460

lil sisters. need i say more?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkipzroks View Post
    A new thing i found out and its it this
    You know what really grinds my gears is when i am eating at a restaruant and their are parents their with a baby who is crying and i am thinking to my self that is annoying parents need to control there kids and that is what grinds my gears and what grinds you gears?

Okay, I agree to an extent. Just realize that, especially depending on the age of the child, children aren't always the most controlable individuals. When they get cranky or tired, its nigh impossible to reason with them even if the parent(s) are doing everything they can. Granted the parents could spank them, but its kind of hard to do that in public places without someone screaming "abuse." You could say that they shouldn't be taking their children to restauraunts if that's the case, but then at the same time its not really fair for couples with children to be barred from enjoying themselves at a nice place to eat just because they have kids. For the parents that really aren't doing anything to get a handle on their kid, you have a fair point. If they're doing what they can and doing their best, try to be a bit more empathetic.

What really gets on my nerves is when drivers have the right of way, but they don't go. Then when you finally say "Okay, screw it. If you don't move I'll go" then they all the sudden decide to move. UGH. It makes me want to plant a freaking IED on the side of the road just for them.

when people screw with me too much and i get suspended for beating aboy with my shoe
    Team X:

Those religious phrases that pretty much say that if you don't copy and paste it into your signature, God will send you to hell. It's a form of a chain letter and I really can't stand chain messages.

I dislike people who can't accept other people's opinions or know that all opinions are not exempt from criticism.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Those religious phrases that pretty much say that if you don't copy and paste it into your signature, God will send you to hell. It's a form of a chain letter and I really can't stand chain messages.
    It's the people that actually copy/paste these that are worse. Oh, of course God has a Facebook/Twitter/(insert forum here)/(insert any other website) account! Sorry for not understanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Blockmaster View Post
    OK now, what the hell? Who does this? Seriously?It's annoying when somebody write anything in text speak, but an essay? This person(or people) who did this, did they get any marks?
    No, the person got a 0. I was the one grading so I didn't allow the person to get a good grade.

Also, how about people who believe every stereotype they hear?
    Last edited by Swampasaur; 17th July 2012 at 5:25 AM.

Your signature broke the pixel limit. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Oh yeah that is completely annoying, not sure if I posted that already but seriously, God is not sending anyone to hell just because you don't post or share on Facebook that, this isn't just FB though. Signatures, statuses from other sites etc have people who seemed to like doing it as well, it's annoying as hell. Now there's a page that says if Jesus sent a friend request press Like, it didn't say you would go to hell for it and that is fine, but when you say Click for Heaven, Ignore for Hell it pisses me off, these people really need an wallop in the heads for it.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

People who always HAVE to be right.

^Same here.

What REALLY grinds my gears is when a baby or toddler is screaming at the top of their lungs in a restaurant. Sure, we were all once babies...but I didn't cry much when I was a baby. I also have very sensitive hearing (a symptom of my Autism) so it makes it even more annoying...and very painful.
    Fan of Pokemon and South Park!

Well, goddammit, I can't take anymore of this shďt I'm seeing on YouTube.

As some of you may know, Howard Stern did an incredibly biased report on YouTube about bronies. This fücker thought it would be a good idea to make his listeners think that every brony is a "clopper", someone who jacks off to MLP.

And then on the YT video, a whole bunch of closed-minded ignorant douchebags keep on posting the same old shďt, calling every single damn one of us "horsefückers" or "ponyfägs".

this is like those fückers at Fox who didn't do their research and never stopped to realize that there are, ya know, NORMAL bronies out there?

I seriously want to dump gasoline on them, throw in a Molotov cocktail, and pull out a submachine gun and shoot the bastards and watch them burn. Frankly I don't give a shďt about "love and tolerance" anymore. These fückers are asking for it.
    Last edited by WaterTrainer121; 17th July 2012 at 3:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthParkPikachu View Post
    ^Same here.

What REALLY grinds my gears is when a baby or toddler is screaming at the top of their lungs in a restaurant. Sure, we were all once babies...but I didn't cry much when I was a baby. I also have very sensitive hearing (a symptom of my Autism) so it makes it even more annoying...and very painful.
    I totally agree with you. I'm not autistic, but I am quite sensitive to loud noises.

The thing is, parents just don't parent anymore. I understand that babies will cry, and they can be near-impossible to control, but you know what? The parents can take their child to a place where people aren't as likely to hear. When I was a baby, whenever I started to act up in a restaurant or some other public place, my mom would take me outside immediately, and wouldn't come back in until I had calmed down. Unfortunately that mentality doesn't seem to be present very much anymore.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Current endeavors:

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer121 View Post
    Well, goddammit, I can't take anymore of this shďt I'm seeing on YouTube.

As some of you may know, Howard Stern did an incredibly biased report on YouTube about bronies. This fücker thought it would be a good idea to make his listeners think that every brony is a "clopper", someone who jacks off to MLP.

And then on the YT video, a whole bunch of closed-minded ignorant douchebags keep on posting the same old shďt, calling every single damn one of us "horsefückers" or "ponyfägs".

this is like those fückers at Fox who didn't do their research and never stopped to realize that there are, ya know, NORMAL bronies out there?

I seriously want to dump gasoline on them, throw in a Molotov cocktail, and pull out a submachine gun and shoot the bastards and watch them burn. Frankly I don't give a shďt about "love and tolerance" anymore. These fückers are asking for it.
    "Cloppers"? Bahahaha, that video sounds hilarious. Link? I need a good laugh.

Anyway, psychopathic 'bronies' really grind my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillig View Post
    People who always HAVE to be right.
    This. Man, I hate arguing with people who can't accept they're wrong..

Remember the days.....

Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast