Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    When you wait for thirty minutes for a bus and then two come at once.
    Oh yeah TFL, because having two buses come at once will really help speed up our journey to erase our lateness.
    I blame people on wheelchairs.

No, not actually the handicapped people themselves. Most of the time, it's the bus driver who doesn't know how to operate the wheelchair lift that annoys me. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

People with grinding gears, grind my gears.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I blame people on wheelchairs.

No, not actually the handicapped people themselves. Most of the time, it's the bus driver who doesn't know how to operate the wheelchair lift that annoys me. :/
    Not just wheelchairs, bus drivers seem incapable of doing anything basic. Have you ever been held at a stop and heard that female voice say "This bus is being held here briefly to help regulate the service"? I mean, I know they have to stick to a schedule and everything but I managed to get the early bus so why should I have to wait for people who can't bother to turn up on time for their transport?
    And another thing - people who decide that the right moment to juggle their change is when they get on and hold everyone up who already paid. I mean, my god! Either sort out your change in the five minutes you've been standing in the queue or buy a friggin' Oyster Card like the rest of us!
    Oh, and yet another thing - the front of the bus says it's going to Oxford Circus, the voice inside says it's going to Oxford Circus, the bus timetable at the stop says it's going to Oxford Circus, EVERYONE on the bus knows it's going to Oxford Circus, then tourist gets on - "'scuse me, this bus go to Oxford Circus?"
    *facepalm

Stupid bloody British transport systems....

What you say online comes back to you irl, because online in reality is an extension to irl.
    And then you have to go thru the arduous process of apologizing and humbling yourself to state that you corrected yourself and won't do it again.
    blah blah blah

fml

also, joking. joking grinds my gears and is no laughing matter. i'm serious.

I really hate indecisive people, cause I work in food service. I mean they sit there for 7 or 8 minutes going "Umm.." or "Hmm.." when I'm standing there waiting to get something as simple as a drink order. Bloody idiots..
    SoulSilver FC: 3354-0495-3145

I'm absolutely obsessed with all things Cyndaquil and Typhlosion, I think its a really awesome pokemon and underrated in many ways. That and who doesn't want a cuddly little fire breather like Cyndaquil? :3

Poor grammar is what's pissing me off when they pretend to be brainy.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

When people drunk, talk about gossip, and quip me

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

I agree with Babies on airplanes. and in busses, and public areas.

Dogs that are afraid of storms and go pee every where in your house i hate those types of dogs they can be really annoying
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

Not just wheelchairs, bus drivers seem incapable of doing anything basic. Have you ever been held at a stop and heard that female voice say "This bus is being held here briefly to help regulate the service"? I mean, I know they have to stick to a schedule and everything but I managed to get the early bus so why should I have to wait for people who can't bother to turn up on time for their transport?
    And another thing - people who decide that the right moment to juggle their change is when they get on and hold everyone up who already paid. I mean, my god! Either sort out your change in the five minutes you've been standing in the queue or buy a friggin' Oyster Card like the rest of us!
    Oh, and yet another thing - the front of the bus says it's going to Oxford Circus, the voice inside says it's going to Oxford Circus, the bus timetable at the stop says it's going to Oxford Circus, EVERYONE on the bus knows it's going to Oxford Circus, then tourist gets on - "'scuse me, this bus go to Oxford Circus?"
    *facepalm

Stupid bloody British transport systems....
    Well, I live in the US, and here, there's no female voice that says "This bus is currently being held here to help regulate service."

I hate the second part. Especially those adults who bring their kids along with them--they seat their kid like three seats away from the front of the bus, walk back, juggle change, put change in, and look back and forth every two seconds to see whether or not their kid is misbehaving. It gets really annoying, especially if you're the next person to pay/tag your card/show your transfer.

I get none of the third scenario.

Oh yeah, and on certain buses, old people with groceries sit in the front (well, they're old, so they can't really tolerate walking much, I understand), and they put their groceries on the floor, right? Well, it's a pain when it's a busy bus line and people can't get off through the rear since there are too many people, but people can't get off through the front either because all those grocery bags are in the way. x_x

I thought of 2 more things.

1) When users decide to insert their name AFTER EVERY SINGLE FREAKING POST.

Like this:

Hey guys blah blah.

-RandomUsername
    ----------------------------

Take whatever pisses you off the most, multiply the amount it annoys you by 1,000 and that's how much that just sends me through the roof.

2). When users hog the games threads and make every other post. Let somebody else contribute. Go away.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    I thought of 2 more things.

1) When users decide to insert their name AFTER EVERY SINGLE FREAKING POST.

Like this:

Hey guys blah blah.

-RandomUsername
    How is this annoying? I think it's kind of nice....

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by ☭Secret_Shocker☭ View Post
    Poor grammar is what's pissing me off when they pretend to be brainy.
    snicker

your syntax is alarming for someone so concerned about grammar

My Friend Safari is Light type.

S/utty prostitutes have a place in the hating part of my mind.

Well a lot of the problem is kids these days are pretty much brats because of their physical immunity to discipline. Touch your child and they go crying that you beat them and pretty soon you've got a lawsuit of CPS on your back.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

I hate it when people touch your private organ.

I'm a guy, and fellow guys touch my bird.

Well, I live in the US, and here, there's no female voice that says "This bus is currently being held here to help regulate service."

I hate the second part. Especially those adults who bring their kids along with them--they seat their kid like three seats away from the front of the bus, walk back, juggle change, put change in, and look back and forth every two seconds to see whether or not their kid is misbehaving. It gets really annoying, especially if you're the next person to pay/tag your card/show your transfer.

I get none of the third scenario.

Oh yeah, and on certain buses, old people with groceries sit in the front (well, they're old, so they can't really tolerate walking much, I understand), and they put their groceries on the floor, right? Well, it's a pain when it's a busy bus line and people can't get off through the rear since there are too many people, but people can't get off through the front either because all those grocery bags are in the way. x_x
    Ah, I see. I should explain that in London the buses are equipped with a voice that announces what stop is next and what the bus number is and where it's going to. It was nice at first but it became a bit annoying after a while, especially when you get on the same bus every day and have to hear it say the same stops day after day after day.

Yeah, everyone pretty much hates kids over here. Once a woman got on with her five or six year old son and she sat at the front while he ran to the back seats and for some reason got out a yoghurt and started eating it. The bus lurched and he ended up spilling it all over the woman next to him. I would have felt sorry for her if the look on her face wasn't so damn hilarious.

We don't get a huge amount of old people carrying their shopping on public transport over here but they sure like to take their time when getting on and off the bus *rolleyes
    Which reminds me - over here there's a big thing for people to stand up for disabled or elderly or pregnant people and the like and offer them their seat, so on a particularly busy day I saw a woman who looked old-ish and was walking with a limp, so I just assumed that she would want a seat. Along with that people were giving me glares for sitting in the priority seat so I stood up and offered my seat to her and she hissed at me "how old do you think I am?"
    I made a mental note not to offer my seat ever again.

Oh, which reminds me of another one - adults assuming all the time that teenagers are ignorant, unruly, rude and deserve to be treated like scum, even though most of the time their rudeness towards us trumps anything we've ever done to them. I often let other people get on the bus first or hold the door open when going into buildings and it's funny how the words "thank you" seem to have fallen out of the normal English rhetoric...

Ah, I see. I should explain that in London the buses are equipped with a voice that announces what stop is next and what the bus number is and where it's going to. It was nice at first but it became a bit annoying after a while, especially when you get on the same bus every day and have to hear it say the same stops day after day after day.
    It doesn't really get annoying for me, though the "please reserve front seats for seniors and people with disabilities" announcement pops up in English, Chinese, then Spanish quite often, so much in fact that I've memorized the announcement in all three languages...

We don't get a huge amount of old people carrying their shopping on public transport over here but they sure like to take their time when getting on and off the bus *rolleyes
    Which reminds me - over here there's a big thing for people to stand up for disabled or elderly or pregnant people and the like and offer them their seat, so on a particularly busy day I saw a woman who looked old-ish and was walking with a limp, so I just assumed that she would want a seat. Along with that people were giving me glares for sitting in the priority seat so I stood up and offered my seat to her and she hissed at me "how old do you think I am?"
    I made a mental note not to offer my seat ever again.
    Yeah, that's why I never sit in the front seats. And even then, I don't offer my seat to any elderly people who manage to go to the middle seats unless they ask.

Oh, which reminds me of another one - adults assuming all the time that teenagers are ignorant, unruly, rude and deserve to be treated like scum, even though most of the time their rudeness towards us trumps anything we've ever done to them. I often let other people get on the bus first or hold the door open when going into buildings and it's funny how the words "thank you" seem to have fallen out of the normal English rhetoric...
    I don't really mind people not saying thank you after I've done something. It's those who act as if I'm not there and continue on their leisurely way (or even bumping me, and not apologizing after) that irk me. x_x

It doesn't really get annoying for me, though the "please reserve front seats for seniors and people with disabilities" announcement pops up in English, Chinese, then Spanish quite often, so much in fact that I've memorized the announcement in all three languages...
    Wow, you have multilingual buses? That just goes to show how America are willing to embrace other cultures while us British are continually suspicious of anyone who has never had Tetley tea or seen an episode of Corrie.

Yeah, that's why I never sit in the front seats. And even then, I don't offer my seat to any elderly people who manage to go to the middle seats unless they ask.
    Yes, the front seats are a no-go nowadays. Although the situation becomes a little bit more difficult when you're on the train and an elderly person gets on, because everywhere is a potential target.
    And of course on trains you have the equally annoying trait of people bringing their bicycles onto the train with them, which defies all possible logic and gets in the way of EVERYONE.

I don't really mind people not saying thank you after I've done something. It's those who act as if I'm not there and continue on their leisurely way (or even bumping me, and not apologizing after) that irk me. x_x
    Oh yeah, that's probably what I should have said. Now that I think about it I do get the odd smile or nod as I hold the door open but most of the time it's as if I'm invisible. I wouldn't mind normally if adults were so up themselves and think that anyone who has to wear a school uniform or has to take exams is beneath them.

Wow, you have multilingual buses? That just goes to show how America are willing to embrace other cultures while us British are continually suspicious of anyone who has never had Tetley tea or seen an episode of Corrie.
    No, but since the city I live in is very ethnically diverse, the same announcement is made in three different languages to cater to the majority of the population.

Yes, the front seats are a no-go nowadays. Although the situation becomes a little bit more difficult when you're on the train and an elderly person gets on, because everywhere is a potential target.
    And of course on trains you have the equally annoying trait of people bringing their bicycles onto the train with them, which defies all possible logic and gets in the way of EVERYONE.
    The buses here have special bicycle racks in the front for people to lock their bike. The trains do, too, but it's one per end of each train car. That way, the bikes don't get in the way of anyone.

Oh yeah, that's probably what I should have said. Now that I think about it I do get the odd smile or nod as I hold the door open but most of the time it's as if I'm invisible. I wouldn't mind normally if adults were so up themselves and think that anyone who has to wear a school uniform or has to take exams is beneath them.
    No school uniforms here, so I wouldn't have that experience. But I do agree that a difference in age doesn't mean that people should be arrogant. x_x

No, but since the city I live in is very ethnically diverse, the same announcement is made in three different languages to cater to the majority of the population.
    Ah, I see. They should have that in London anyway as it's probably one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world and the fact that the government isn't willing to embrace that saddens me.
    There should at least be something for the tourists so they don't get on everyone's nerves all the time.

The buses here have special bicycle racks in the front for people to lock their bike. The trains do, too, but it's one per end of each train car. That way, the bikes don't get in the way of anyone.
    Again, there's America showing way more initiative than us, even if it may just be a local variation thing. Our trains and buses could real do with something like that but TFL seem to think that a better way to spend our money is to deploy a series of new Routemasters, which no-one wanted nor needed in the first place.

No school uniforms here, so I wouldn't have that experience. But I do agree that a difference in age doesn't mean that people should be arrogant. x_x
    Lucky. That's another thing that gets on my nerves, school uniforms. Though I can imagine a range of negative as well as positive points to get rid of them I find them to be a bit restrictive.

In Youtube, I was searching for some vids then suddenly, some results and so-called "related videos" show totally unrelated and stupid dumb things contrary to what I'm looking for.

Another also in youtube and a lot of websites is when some stupid, ignorant know-it-all comes in and keeps imposing whatever he wants to say. So hard-headed really, they should just shut up.

....You should hang out with different people...

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

... O.o Dare I ask why?
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiitalian View Post
    ... O.o Dare I ask why?
    haha, well why not?

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast