Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2393

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    There's some kind of regulation, I think it's called affirmative action, that requires diversity in the workplace (which I think is still racism).

All the little games you have to play (supposedly) to get a job annoy me: Oh, you need to have a cover letter. Oh, you can't just wear nice clothes it has to be a suit. Oh, you have to cut your hair off. Oh you need to send a thank you letter. Oh, you need to ask a lot of questions. Oh, your resume can't be more then a page long. Oh, make sure you call after you send a resume in.

Everyone's giving you advice to that seems counter-intuitive or conflicts each other.
    Yea I find it very racist too. I live in the suburbs of West Chicago so all the minorities come over here to get a job. Knowing the state of Illinois they get hired with no job experience what so ever, hell lots of them are criminals from the hood as well. I once went to a hiring event at McDonalds and there were gang bangers everywhere. They were wearing the colors they represent. I was like **** this I don't wanna get shot. But ya, I'm not racist but in Chicago/Chicago suburbs area it's really hard for a while person to get a job. Lots of places have 60% African American, 30% Hispanic, and 10% other races. That's just how corrupt the state of Illinois is.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by pokeram View Post
    Games that make you die a lot, and make you do the same hard jump a million times
    Games with no checkpoints or poorly placed checkpoints are annoying. During the summer, I played Dead Space 2 and had to deal with Hard Core difficulty. The next game Aliens Vs. Predator, also had a difficulty with no checkpoints, although that one was more forgiving (you can save at the end of levels). Actually, Left 4 Dead is pretty similar to AVP's nightmare difficulty, although you can't save at the end of a level.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    Yea I find it very racist too. I live in the suburbs of West Chicago so all the minorities come over here to get a job. Knowing the state of Illinois they get hired with no job experience what so ever, hell lots of them are criminals from the hood as well. I once went to a hiring event at McDonalds and there were gang bangers everywhere. They were wearing the colors they represent. I was like **** this I don't wanna get shot. But ya, I'm not racist but in Chicago/Chicago suburbs area it's really hard for a while person to get a job. Lots of places have 60% African American, 30% Hispanic, and 10% other races. That's just how corrupt the state of Illinois is.
    Yeah, that's what I hate- it should be based off ability and nothing else. Although I can't say its happened, I'd hate to think I missed out on a job because someone else less qualified happened to be of a different race.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Yeah, that's what I hate- it should be based off ability and nothing else. Although I can't say its happened, I'd hate to think I missed out on a job because someone else less qualified happened to be of a different race.
    That's Northern Illinois for ya. It's a hardcore liberal state. I hate to say it too, but it's the truth. It pisses me off to no end that I got job experience from my other job in Missouri and I come down here, apply for a job and some African American get's hired. It's really frustrating. I'm about to start saving all my applications. Apply online saying I'm Caucasian save it and then a couple months later fill the same application out claiming I'm African American. Do that for most places and I'll for sure get a call eventually. I'll show up for the interview get turned down for lying, go home call a lawyer, and sue the mother ****er for race discrimination. I'll have all the proof on file.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

I have my steel circles jammed by flamers/trolls/the overly sensitive/the arrogant on all video games; League of Legends and Halo in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    That's Northern Illinois for ya. It's a hardcore liberal state. I hate to say it too, but it's the truth. It pisses me off to no end that I got job experience from my other job in Missouri and I come down here, apply for a job and some African American get's hired. It's really frustrating. I'm about to start saving all my applications. Apply online saying I'm Caucasian save it and then a couple months later fill the same application out claiming I'm African American. Do that for most places and I'll for sure get a call eventually. I'll show up for the interview get turned down for lying, go home call a lawyer, and sue the mother ****er for race discrimination. I'll have all the proof on file.
    Hey, do it man. This racist 'affirmative' action garbage has got to stop.
    And do you think that unto such as you;
    A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
    God gave the secret, and denied it me?--
    Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too.
    ~Omar al-Khayyām, poet of Persia.

People that make you do all the work which gets very annoying
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

i hate predictable endings.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Yes predictable ending are very annoying
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

You know what really grinds my gears?

When you make plans with someone in advance only to have them cancel out days before the plan

It happened to me today, I was really hurt by it
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I used to have a friend who I would make plans with and she would cancel the day of! Later I found out she wasn't asking her mom until the night before -.-;;

Talking about endings, I don't like happy ones in anime, games and films.

I don't know, they seem too unrealistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RinRin View Post
    I used to have a friend who I would make plans with and she would cancel the day of! Later I found out she wasn't asking her mom until the night before -.-;;
    same here, its really annoying.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Same here. I don't really know why, but I like endings which are tear-jerking or a bit of a downer. Nothing too happy. It's also to see how much sadness I can endure. So far, I've only cried to one 'sad' scene/ending/etc. Yes. I'm very lacking in the soul factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i hate predictable endings.
    So do I. Watching newer movies is a flip of a coin now days.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Yes. If you are writing something, it shouldn't be perfect like a fairy tale. It should have tough times, and for bonus points, a sad ending.
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

PETA, that animal group. They made a parody of Super Mario 3D Land, and now they've made a parody of Pokemon B2/W2...

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Same here. I don't really know why, but I like endings which are tear-jerking or a bit of a downer. Nothing too happy. It's also to see how much sadness I can endure. So far, I've only cried to one 'sad' scene/ending/etc. Yes. I'm very lacking in the soul factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRocketGrunt View Post
    Yes. If you are writing something, it shouldn't be perfect like a fairy tale. It should have tough times, and for bonus points, a sad ending.
    I am glad I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by mariobrosvswariobros View Post
    PETA, that animal group. They made a parody of Super Mario 3D Land, and now they've made a parody of Pokemon B2/W2...
    I don't get the Mario complaint. Link, please? I actually support PETA, but they're damn video games

He's freaking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRocketGrunt View Post
    I don't get the Mario complaint. Link, please? I actually support PETA, but they're damn video games

http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/
    I absolutely hate this one.

Oh, Tanooki. Makes sense. And let me guess, "Mario is evil! He skinned a racoon for fur! And stomps on turtles!"
    I got that before even clicking.

He's freaking hot.

No turtles...

The fact that everyone can play BW2 while i'm at work

This world is so unfair.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

same here i just got back from school ^

what really grinds my gears is when in a pokemon game the game doesnt tell you how to move on so you have to FIND OUT YOURSELF. ie. today i had no freaking clue on how to get to dreveil city but on the bus a few miniutes ago apparently i have to battle charles to get there and i did and now im there. it took last night till now to figure that out

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post
    The fact that everyone can play BW2
    I know this feel.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post
    The fact that everyone can play BW2 while i'm at work

This world is so unfair.
    True, I'm missing out as well. I wish they'd extend the damn Genesect event...

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    I know this feel.
    I might not get W2 until Christmas D:
    It makes me sad that everyone is talking about it but I have to wait 2 months D:

Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast