Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2393

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    It grinds my gears when I try to be friendly (like trying to add someone as a friend) and all I get is rudeness
    Oh yes. That I don't like. Sometimes, I feel so isolated because of this. That's actually what I'm afraid of.

I don't get the hate on Comic Sans either, isn't it just like any other generic font?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I don't get the hate on Comic Sans either, isn't it just like any other generic font?
    Some people dont like it when its used inappropriately or when its overused. And some people just dont like the way it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Some people dont like it when its used inappropriately or when its overused. And some people just dont like the way it looks.
    Overused? Maybe and I haven't seen anyone use it inappropriately yet and hopefully I don't. Opinions aside, but not liking it's appearance does not give a good reason for people to go as far as wanting it gone. It's their opinion, but not a good one either.

The only font I don't like would be the IMPACT font, but only for memes and the fact that it really is overused and it is more inappropriately used. (even more than comic sans) Admittedly, it does grind my gears when it's used for those but that aside, I don't mind any fonts, including Impact unless it's used for the reasons I stated.

Quote Originally Posted by nathandg0924 View Post
    Overused? Maybe and I haven't seen anyone use it inappropriately yet and hopefully I don't. Opinions aside, but not liking it's appearance does not give a good reason for people to go as far as wanting it gone. It's their opinion, but not a good one either.

The only font I don't like would be the IMPACT font, but only for memes and the fact that it really is overused and it is more inappropriately used. (even more than comic sans) Admittedly, it does grind my gears when it's used for those but that aside, I don't mind any fonts, including Impact unless it's used for the reasons I stated.
    It really grinds my gears when kids use impact for everything in their powerpoints. And thats not my opinion on comic sans its just what other people say. I could care less.

It really grinds my gears when kids use impact for everything in their powerpoints. And thats not my opinion on comic sans its just what other people say. I could care less.
    I never use Impact....it looks weird.

Some people dont like it when its overused.
    Papers require that the words be in Times New Roman, Calibri, Cambria, Arial, or some other "standard" font. Do you hate those too?

I'd say I'd hate Times New Roman since all of my essays are in Times New Roman, but I'm actually getting used to it.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

The dragons in people's sig, no I don't want it to grow (no offense).

This.

Ugly dragons.

Don't forget the Global Pokédex Plus ones.

Can't stand it when people hate something just for the name of it.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    Don't forget the Global Pokédex Plus ones.
    Reminds me of the Pokemon Orphanage ones too (are they the same thing).

Reminds me of the Pokemon Orphanage ones too (are they the same thing).
    They have the same use...?

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

My gears are ground when someone non-nerdy hangs out with a group of nerds and acts like he knows what we're talking about. For example, we're talking about Teen Titans, and he remarks, "Oh yeah, I really like the green guy, 'cause he can turn into animals."
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkipzroks View Post
    It grinds my gears when someone sends me a random friend request
    What if that random person actually wanted to be your best friend?
    Last edited by Seles; 19th October 2012 at 2:35 PM.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

I like when people do it.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 19th October 2012 at 2:58 PM.

For me it depends on who wants to be my friend, I don't mind random FR but if it's someone I never met, I usually try get to know the person beforehand.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when people do that. Even more annoying is when they PM you after you reject their request and they're all like, "y u reject my frend request? u wh*re, u have no life, go burn in hel or sumthing LOL".

(And yes, I did get a PM along those lines once.)

i hate when people send me a friend request and i accept, but they don't even try to have a conversation with me.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    i hate when people send me a friend request and i accept, but they don't even try to have a conversation with me.
    This too, I say "thanks for the friend request" but they don't reply back ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when people do that. Even more annoying is when they PM you after you reject their request and they're all like, "y u reject my frend request? u wh*re, u have no life, go burn in hel or sumthing LOL".

(And yes, I did get a PM along those lines once.)
    I agree.

When someone sends me a friend request, I first ask people where they saw me on the forum and why they sent me a friend request. Then their answer to that decides whether I accept the request or not. If people want me as a friend just to get as many friends as possible, the answer is no. If somone wants to talk to me about stuff both that person and me like, I might accept the friend request.

It grinds my gears when people get annoyed and uppity over things they really shouldn't.

^ I know a guy who does that waaay too much.

It grinds my gears when I'm just minding my own business and someone interrupts me by either taunting or annoying me. Yes, it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    ^ I know a guy who does that waaay too much.

It grinds my gears when I'm just minding my own business and someone interrupts me by either taunting or annoying me. Yes, it happens.
    We all get taunted at least once, if only this would stop

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I agree.

When someone sends me a friend request, I first ask people where they saw me on the forum and why they sent me a friend request. Then their answer to that decides whether I accept the request or not. If people want me as a friend just to get as many friends as possible, the answer is no. If somone wants to talk to me about stuff both that person and me like, I might accept the friend request.
    i rarely send friend request but i will almost always accept it if someone sends me one (unless they really pissed me off)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Grinds my gears when someone raises their voice and tries to talk louder than you during an argument. Like really? Don't talk louder....just make a better point

Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast