Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2393

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

When I'm trying to be nice by volunteering at my local animal shelter and a 200 pound Mastiff tries biting my arm off. It was still a fun experience!

xxx

When something falls out of your pocket on a public bus without you noticing, so it's gone forever. >_>

That may be where my copy of White 2 went. Now I have to spend 40 dollars buying a new one. >_>
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 21st November 2012 at 1:03 AM.

One of my roommates. The guy doesn't clean up his garbage and is gross as hell

FC: 2406-6166-3485 IGN: Emerald

Dear Diary
    Pokemon Black 2 Team

Pokemon White Team

Whenever I see negative comments and for some reason get "cursed" after seeing them. It happens to me all the time! I read some stupid hater's/nerd's/guy's negative comment and then later on, something bad always happens to me. That's just wrong.

-Nate the

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    When I'm trying to be nice by volunteering at my local animal shelter and a 200 pound Mastiff tries biting my arm off. It was still a fun experience!
    Being bitten is fun? To me, that sounds like it's terribly painful! I hope you're not severely hurt now...

But it's nice of you to do volunteer work!
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 21st November 2012 at 5:19 PM.

It doesn't sound like rainbows and daises yes, but as long as your helping out, it's all good in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Is it that hard to comprehend that the poster is trying to say that he doesn't like a young person (example age 22) dating an older person (example age 47).
    Not too hard, but again, I read this and didn't see a problem but sometimes I misinterpret others, so yeah.
    I understood that much, but why is there such a problem with it? As log as there isn't an ulterior motive behind the two people seeing each other, what reason is there to get annoyed at this?
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I understood that much, but why is there such a problem with it? As log as there isn't an ulterior motive behind the two people seeing each other, what reason is there to get annoyed at this?
    This thread is called "You know what really grinds my gears?" So it's his opinion. This is what 'grinds his gears' so to speak, so its his opinion in this thread and they aren't really required to go into details as to why. I myself find it a bit wierd that someone would date another person 20-30 + years older than him/her but that's my opinion. You can post yours if you want, but its not something to get into an arguement about.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

My nosy mother -.-

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    Being bitten is fun? To me, that sounds like it's terribly painful! I hope you're not severely hurt now...

But it's nice of you to do volunteer work!
    I probably should have specified that he didn't actually manage to bite me, just tried. He mouthed me and I pulled my arm away fast enough. Did leave a cut though, but nothing major. And I used to volunteer in the past too and for some reason I've always found it fun working with aggressive Dogs.

xxx

I probably should have specified that he didn't actually manage to bite me, just tried. He mouthed me and I pulled my arm away fast enough. Did leave a cut though, but nothing major. And I used to volunteer in the past too and for some reason I've always found it fun working with aggressive Dogs.
    ahem, u should have tried the german shepherd i had for 6 months. he attacked my elderly neighbor who had a heart condition.
    needles to say we gave him back to the rescue. i'm willing to bet that if i checked the website he'd still be there.

dogs that bite grind my gears.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Okay, I hope your cut heals soon, and that it won't hurt too much...

Why is it fun to work with aggressive dogs?

I guess it's just challenging and fun at the same time. Like taming a dragon, only with a cute little fluffball. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I guess it's just challenging and fun at the same time. Like taming a dragon, only with a cute little fluffball. *shrugs*
    Well, I think it's dangerous. But I'm easily scared, and I'm afraid of dogs, so it's just me.

Okay, I hope your cut heals soon, and that it won't hurt too much...

Thank you. And it is mainly because aggressive Dogs require a lot more work to potentially be fostered/adopted. So they obviously stay in the shelter longer and you get to know them more. And it's always a nice feeling when you see a Dog change in such a way. Obviously the few Dogs that are serious cases have to be put down which is always sad. Anyway, to try getting back on topic, irresponsible pet owners grind my gears!

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    ahem, u should have tried the german shepherd i had for 6 months. he attacked my elderly neighbor who had a heart condition.
    needles to say we gave him back to the rescue. i'm willing to bet that if i checked the website he'd still be there.

dogs that bite grind my gears.
    They're a great breed but require a hell of a lot of work, so really I'd put this down to being either the shelters fault for not notifying you of his behavioural issues, or to you guys for allowing such a Dog to even come into contact with an elderly man. I'm going to imagine it's the first, but ultimately the fault lies with the original owner I guess. And to get back on topic again, I guess lazy behaviourists grind my gears too. (Especially considering that 'friendly' Dog almost bit me... lol)

xxx

D'aw, I'd give anything to adopt a dog or even to just work with dogs at the shelter hahah, although I'm afraid of getting attached and wanting to take one home and right now I'm just unable to do that.

On the subject of dogs, negligent animal owners getting more and more animals grind my gears. :T Some girl on another forum is getting yet another puppy despite not being able to manage the dog she already owns and having lost one other dog before her current.
    Current Shiny Hunt(s):
    Snorunt (MM/Female/Timid/Moody/Spikes)
    Newest Shiny:
    Sneasel - Female - Naughty - RE @ Friend Safari
    3DS FC:
    2036-7624-8150
    Fighting Safari, Mienfoo - Pancham - Breloom
    Game List:
    Crystal
    Ruby (lost) - Emerald
    FireRed - LeafGreen (lost)
    Diamond
    SoulSilver
    White - Black 2
    X

These guys

But seriously, the current commercials on Nickelodeon drive me nuts sometimes. For example, the ones for the new show 'Marvin Marvin'- that show might be even dumber/more annoying then his old one (no offense to anyone who likes him). Also, the commercials for bratzillas, Elefun & Hungry Hungry Hippos have really annoying jingles.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I hate it when people park their car close to the door I get out of. My name is not Ms. Elastic! ;_;
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Bad naps grind my gears. The kind you wake up from that left you with nothing but a headache and a bad dream--not restful at all.
    Current Shiny Hunt(s):
    Snorunt (MM/Female/Timid/Moody/Spikes)
    Newest Shiny:
    Sneasel - Female - Naughty - RE @ Friend Safari
    3DS FC:
    2036-7624-8150
    Fighting Safari, Mienfoo - Pancham - Breloom
    Game List:
    Crystal
    Ruby (lost) - Emerald
    FireRed - LeafGreen (lost)
    Diamond
    SoulSilver
    White - Black 2
    X

What really gets my goat is people that refuse to think at more than surface level about anything. Also, people that think an author's intention in making a piece of art is THE ONLY OPINION THAT MATTERS, and is the final word on the meaning of the work.
    In less esoteric matters, it annoys me when my family's made a beautiful dinner, but there's squash or mushrooms in it. I usually try to be gracious and just pick them out, because it's kind of spoiled to whine about it, but sometimes I just can't swallow my pride.

I just hate it when hate comments sounds like they're demonizing something. For example, I've seen lots of criticism/hate comments on some things I like and a lot of them make those things look like they're evil.

Who could forget nationalism and nonstop wars.

When people force you to eat something that you hate
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

I hate it when people put lowercases on proper nouns and at the beginning of a sentence. @__@

Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast