Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2393

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    They wouldn't. They'd hate their mother for not getting them enough of those high-tech gadgets.

It's because they love them that they view them as having value low enough to warrant needing more.
    Personally this should be enough, it's not like the world is made of dollars and coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    Spoiled childrensuch as the one in this example"MOM! what the hell, all i got for christmas from you was an xbox 360 ,ipad, a car, 200 bucks, and an Iphone 5, WHY DO YOU HATE ME!!"yea
    this is what the new generation of the world is turning to, if this technology leap keeps going.. what ever happened to, "It's the thought that counts?" D:

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Personally this should be enough, it's not like the world is made of dollars and coins.
    In my opinion, you're wrong.

All that stuff that was described in that example is waaay more than enough. I'd be happy with just a new phone. o:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by FlareLover17 View Post
    this is what the new generation of the world is turning to, if this technology leap keeps going.. what ever happened to, "It's the thought that counts?" D:
    You know what really grinds my gears? Stereotypes like this.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears? Stereotypes like this.
    That's... not really a generalization of a group of people. It's more of a prediction of the future. I don't see how it's discriminating in any way.

To say that given a constant age of people, over the course of time people of that age will want more and more things, though, would be a stereotype.

In my opinion, you're wrong.

All that stuff that was described in that example is waaay more than enough. I'd be happy with just a new phone. o:
    Same here actually, I would be satisfied with just a new labtop

Going out with my mom to get a special someone perfume for Christmas. Yea, it was a nightmare. Damn perfumes expensive.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

That's... not really a generalization of a group of people. It's more of a prediction of the future. I don't see how it's discriminating in any way.

To say that given a constant age of people, over the course of time people of that age will want more and more things, though, would be a stereotype.
    I guess I misunderstood.
    I took it as "anyone born after a certain year is greedy".
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Same here actually, I would be satisfied with just a new labtop
    Considering how I am right now, I'd be happy with a new laptop, too. I don't really need a new phone, and I'm good in the video game department with my 3DS. (:

Considering how I am right now, I'd be happy with a new laptop, too. I don't really need a new phone, and I'm good in the video game department with my 3DS. (:
    Oh yes, I need a new computer badly. My current one has trouble loading five seconds of a video on youtube.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Oh yes, I need a new computer badly. My current one has trouble loading five seconds of a video on youtube.
    The only real problem that I have with my computer right now is that it takes forever to start up. Oh yeah, and it's a bit too big for my tastes.

But for right now, it'll do. I'll probably get a new computer before I go off to college (which is in like two and a half more years). I can wait. :P

I hate it when I tap my laptop's touchpad to click something and the cursor moves over to the top right corner and almost closes the window.
    I know I can prevent this by hitting the actual left button (the touchpad and buttons are not all-in-one), but it just is less difficult to click that way.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Well now that I have been driving a lot more this pasts days... I always end up behind someone who is damn slow >_> You know those speed cameras that are at random points? Well people slow wayyyy down when passing >_> bothers moi too.
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon6507 View Post
    I hate it when I tap my laptop's touchpad to click something and the cursor moves over to the top right corner and almost closes the window.
    I know I can prevent this by hitting the actual left button (the touchpad and buttons are not all-in-one), but it just is less difficult to click that way.
    I don't like how whenever I'm selecting a rectangle in GIMP, and I hold the left mouse button slightly too softly and it registers as though I let go of the mouse button.

I get that functionality is for gaming and whatnot, but still... D:

When people are grammar Nazis eben wen yoo arrr usings the badz grammur nintentionally for the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    When people are grammar Nazis eben wen yoo arrr usings the badz grammur nintentionally for the lulz.
    You can't blame them, really... sometimes they just wouldn't get the joke and often it's just in their nature to correct spelling and grammar mistakes.
    Last edited by Poetry; 23rd December 2012 at 6:55 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina Archaelis View Post
    Well now that I have been driving a lot more this pasts days... I always end up behind someone who is damn slow >_> You know those speed cameras that are at random points? Well people slow wayyyy down when passing >_> bothers moi too.
    I feel your pain. It really sucks when your on a 1 lane road.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    You can't blame them, really... sometimes they just wouldn't get the joke and sometimes it's just in their nature to correct spelling and grammar mistakes.
    Especially when they're irritated that day, or if they don't care whether or not it's a joke. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    You can't blame them, really... sometimes they just wouldn't get the joke and sometimes it's just in their nature to correct spelling and grammar mistakes.
    The latter is the case for me. I just can't resist the urge to correct every single grammatical mistake I see, whether it's in my head or not.

Anyway, one thing that's really grinding my gears right now is that half the stuff in one of my favourite fandoms - as in, subbed character songs, subbed episodes, fanfiction - is in Spanish. SPANISH. Why Spanish, out of all things? ;~;

It annoys me when people treat their opinion as fact. I really just don't want to talk to a person after they do that.
    Last edited by Darenix; 23rd December 2012 at 3:40 PM.

I got a bag of chips today and guess what? 3/4s OF THE BAG IS FILLED WITH AIR!!! WTF. I know air is needed to make sure the bag functions as needed, but when I get a bag of chips, I expect at least half the bag to have chips, NOT 1/4!!! I bought a bad of chips, NOT A BAG OF AIR!!!!!
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

My two friends are always treating me like a six-year old who doesn't know anything. One of them says "You're too young to know this" then I glance at him to sort of remind him he's the same age as me, he then says "I'm more mature". How does he know hmm? I'm just as mature as him. In the past year one of them tried to change my life, he was like "Don't do this, don't do that." My friends are fun to chat with but they grind my gears sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    I got a bag of chips today and guess what? 3/4s OF THE BAG IS FILLED WITH AIR!!! WTF. I know air is needed to make sure the bag functions as needed, but when I get a bag of chips, I expect at least half the bag to have chips, NOT 1/4!!! I bought a bad of chips, NOT A BAG OF AIR!!!!!
    I saw a relevant text post on tumblr:
    "I used to think air was free, but then I bought a bag of chips."

Also, I recommend always buying Pringles, they've got a good chip-to-air ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Anyway, one thing that's really grinding my gears right now is that half the stuff in one of my favourite fandoms - as in, subbed character songs, subbed episodes, fanfiction - is in Spanish. SPANISH. Why Spanish, out of all things? ;~;
    Eso es un mensaje que debes aprender espańol. (:

It's a fun way to learn Spanish.

When people refuse to accept that they were incorrect.

When people think you're complaining, even when you're not. I said "it would be nice if OP was more specific - I don't understand the question" and they said I was complaining.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast