Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2393

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    UGH.
    What grinds my gears more than anything?
    PEOPLE. I wish I was a freaking dog. No worries. No stupid people.
    If you were an abusive owner's pet dog, though... that'd be a whole different story, right?

And it's not like dogs don't have emotions and feelings either. o:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    If you were an abusive owner's pet dog, though... that'd be a whole different story, right?

And it's not like dogs don't have emotions and feelings either. o:
    Dogs don't have the mental capacity to feel pain for more than a second or two. It would still suck, but I'd rather be a dog with an abusive owner than any human.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Dogs don't have the mental capacity to feel pain for more than a second or two. It would still suck, but I'd rather be a dog with an abusive owner than any human.
    That would be physical pain, though.

And besides, as you spend time being a dog, you'd find it more and more cumbersome being one. o:

That would be physical pain, though.

And besides, as you spend time being a dog, you'd find it more and more cumbersome being one. o:
    I'll be a bird. Free, no boundaries. Not a human.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    The latter is the case for me. I just can't resist the urge to correct every single grammatical mistake I see, whether it's in my head or not.

Anyway, one thing that's really grinding my gears right now is that half the stuff in one of my favourite fandoms - as in, subbed character songs, subbed episodes, fanfiction - is in Spanish. SPANISH. Why Spanish, out of all things? ;~;
    Why not Spanish? It's a sexy language.
    Anyway, What grinds my gears is no Pikachu 3ds for North America.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 25th December 2012 at 1:14 AM.

Yup... there's quite a paradox in what Facebook does with these updates. :/

Society tends to not care about certain little things (such as picking up trash that's on the side of a road instead of in a trash can), yet Facebook automatically updating peoples' news feeds with people liking random photos of people just goes to show how much people care about these automatic news feed updates.
    I see them, and just go "eh..." Facebook used to be typically for finding old friends and keeping them close. I knew it was a matter of time till things would change. Anything that start off as popular begins to add and change things around. Eventually it'll probably lose it's shine by many people, but it's still pretty mainstream on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyAssTaillow View Post
    I see them, and just go "eh..." Facebook used to be typically for finding old friends and keeping them close. I knew it was a matter of time till things would change. Anything that start off as popular begins to add and change things around. Eventually it'll probably lose it's shine by many people, but it's still pretty mainstream on the internet.
    That's why even though I have one, I only go on it for commenting on things rather than for randomly liking things. :P

How my PC crashes once in a while....
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

When my brand new book is missing 30 pages. Ugh.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingTouymato View Post
    How my PC crashes once in a while....
    I hate it when I'm working on a signature in GIMP and my GIMP just crashes. GIMP doesn't have any sort of auto-save feature, so I have to start all the way from when I last saved.

I save pretty frequently, but it's still really annoying. D:

I hate it when I'm working on a signature in GIMP and my GIMP just crashes. GIMP doesn't have any sort of auto-save feature, so I have to start all the way from when I last saved.

My girlfriend uses that program! XD

I wonder if she has the same issue with it.

It usually happens when I'm listening to music on Youtube....or chatting.
    And my PC takes a while to restart as well. Making it more annoying for me. >O<
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

What annoys me about facebook is that for some reason it posts my actions on my news feed. Why is something I did on facebook news to me?
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    What annoys me about facebook is that for some reason it posts my actions on my news feed. Why is something I did on facebook news to me?
    A scary thought came to mind... what if someone on your friends list checks every thing you do whenever facebook tells them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingTouymato View Post
    It usually happens when I'm listening to music on Youtube....or chatting.
    And my PC takes a while to restart as well. Making it more annoying for me. >O<
    Yeah, my computer takes like a minute to start up sometimes. Everything else works on it pretty much fine, though.

People who criticize other people for using legendaries in-game. It is kind of illogical to complain about people with Articuno and Regigigas, but be content about the use of Garchomp and Excadrill. Besides, if the game allows me to use them, I can use them without the game mocking me. There are no rules to playing Pokémon besides the obvious cheating rule for in-game.
    Friend Code for Friend Safari Only: 4570-8062-8681

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersgiantsfan View Post
    People who criticize other people for using legendaries in-game. It is kind of illogical to complain about people with Articuno and Regigigas, but be content about the use of Garchomp and Excadrill. Besides, if the game allows me to use them, I can use them without the game mocking me. There are no rules to playing Pokémon besides the obvious cheating rule for in-game.
    Yeah I used to be one of "those" people that would complain about that... but when I had a match with someone using a Dialga, I was using a non legendary and we actually had a really nice and close match with both of us with one pokemon remaining. I ended up winning but only because they chose the wrong move by accident. Either way, it taught me lesson that you eventually learn how to deal with the legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersgiantsfan View Post
    I definitely agree. Pokémon is an adventure game where the player should be able to use whatever Pokémon they like. And just because Articuno and Regigigas are legendaries doesn't mean they're automatically "unlikeable" and therefore unable to be used by a player who wants to use them.

Here was something that grinded my gears way back before I got into High School. I was doing a summer school program since I didn't do to well in Middle School... The brightside I would get an extra .5 credit for attending. Anyways, The lunch they served was utter crap. A regular ham and cheese sandwich, with lays potato chips, and a small carton of milk. I decided I might as well mix it up a bit so I put the chips in my sandwich so it would add that "crunch" since it lacked lettuce. These kids came out of nowhere and started asking me "Why are you putting chips in your sandwich". Not just that but they kept bugging me. I straight up told them. "Why would you guys even care what I do to my food? Go eat your own food or try it yourself?"

All in all, I hate people who bug you while your trying to eat.

Here was something that grinded my gears way back before I got into High School. I was doing a summer school program since I didn't do to well in Middle School... The brightside I would get an extra .5 credit for attending. Anyways, The lunch they served was utter crap. A regular ham and cheese sandwich, with lays potato chips, and a small carton of milk. I decided I might as well mix it up a bit so I put the chips in my sandwich so it would add that "crunch" since it lacked lettuce. These kids came out of nowhere and started asking me "Why are you putting chips in your sandwich". Not just that but they kept bugging me. I straight up told them. "Why would you guys even care what I do to my food? Go eat your own food or try it yourself?"

All in all, I hate people who bug you while your trying to eat.
    To be honest, I'd ask you that too, but once you gave me your reason, I'd just say "okay" and leave.

It's like your eating style is part of their personal life... I mean, it's understandable if they were a parent and had a baby with them who would be extremely irritated from the sound of Lays being crunched, but they clearly weren't... ):

To be honest, I'd ask you that too, but once you gave me your reason, I'd just say "okay" and leave.

It's like your eating style is part of their personal life... I mean, it's understandable if they were a parent and had a baby with them who would be extremely irritated from the sound of Lays being crunched, but they clearly weren't... ):
    This was a long time ago so I don't exactly remember what the tone of voice was or the exact question asked, but at the time It annoyed me somehow. If you were to do that now, I probably wouldn't mind as much since I'm more level-headed.

This was a long time ago so I don't exactly remember what the tone of voice was or the exact question asked, but at the time It annoyed me somehow. If you were to do that now, I probably wouldn't mind as much since I'm more level-headed.
    I know, but wouldn't you still hate it now if people kept questioning how you ate as if it mattered to them nowadays? I know I would.

I know, but wouldn't you still hate it now if people kept questioning how you ate as if it mattered to them nowadays? I know I would.
    If they simply ask me what I'm eating, I would tell them. If the questions escalated from their curiosity, I would tell them to try it for themselves. If they criticized me, my question simply be this... "Ever heard of Geoffery Domer?" If they know what I'm talking about, they know I'm pretty much saying "At least it's actually food."

I hate it when your trying to sleep and then your neighbor starts throwing a party at 12:00 at night.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    I hate it when your trying to sleep and then your neighbor starts throwing a party at 12:00 at night.
    I don't know about where you live, but where I live, you can ask the police to keep them down since they're disturbing the peace. o:

Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast