Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

People who use the phrase "Grinds my gears" after hearing it on Family Guy.
    Those who say "acrosst" instead of "across".
    The phrase "YOLO".

When people cause arguments for something completely retarded.

And when about 3 of your friends are arguing and you're just sat there, and they ask you for your opinion, omg.

Bitches. I think we can all agree on that.

I was in the Atlanta airport a few weeks ago. You had to play like 5 dollars for wifi. I bought a freaking $1000+ plane ticket, and I have to buy this? Hell no. Gurl, hold my purse.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

What grids my gears is when parents let their kids run loose and scream in a busy restaurant.
    No kidding, this happened to me two days ago at a East Side Mario's. Someone was having a birthday party and when the staff came out and sang "Happy Birthday" all the toddlers started screaming and ran around all over the place. It was like being in a freaking zoo!
    Not going to that place in a while.
    Fan of Pokemon and South Park!

Mouth numbness after the dentist.

When my brain hurts.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

People who make crude jokes/references. Seriously, show a little maturity, people.

And also, this website.

Full of stories showcasing society's stupidity at its finest.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

I have another one, when people steal my food and think they are so much better then me.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Lady Baltny❤ View Post
    Agreed.

I get annoyed when you just have to watch someone you really like ignore you and just seemingly flirt with almost every boy I know. LOL. It's harder to pretend that you don't care...oh well. She is a right (censored).
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    People who make crude jokes/references. Seriously, show a little maturity, people.

And also, this website.

Full of stories showcasing society's stupidity at its finest.
    You should leave this forum then. I've wondered about doing the same thing, but honestly, you just have to deal with it and not stoop to their level. It is impossible to clean up a rat and expect it to behave like a house cat.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

My cat. She just eats all the time and gets mad when I remove her behind from my face. She steals food from my other cat, who's a skilled mouser and needs the nutrition.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Stupid people. Especially those who do not know what sarcasm is.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

I dislike those who add arbitrary statistics to their signatures. I'd like to let them know that they come across as quite silly. There's no basis for any of those figures.

I also find phrases like "I am a _____ and proud of it!!1!!!" extremely irksome.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Bronies. I hate how they think watching a show for little girls makes them cool and popular, and then they have to always talk about my little pony every possible chance they get. I also hate how they replace "everybody" with "everypony".

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Challenges:

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I dislike those who add arbitrary statistics to their signatures. I'd like to let them know that they come across as quite silly. There's no basis for any of those figures.

I also find phrases like "I am a _____ and proud of it!!1!!!" extremely irksome.
    72.8% of those you mention think you're wrong. I cite the BLS (Bureau of Lying Statistics)

Penguins grind my gears. They're so cool because they have Antartica all to themselves.
    Last edited by Adrexus; 29th June 2012 at 11:46 PM.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Popular kids who like to act all 'Totally Amazing <3' and People who annoy me like my sister. They always have to act stupid and innocent...
    フェージングのエコー

The phrase, 'grinds my gears'.

It 'grinds my gears' because it's unavoidable. The original version of this phrase is, 'You know what's bull----?', coined by the immortal George Carlin himself. We simply use 'grinds my gears', because it's better than swearing every time we want to get a point across, especially on a Pokemon site. It's a trap and we can't get out of it.

The phrase, 'True Gamer'

It's the ultimate cop-out phrase. Anyone can use it to make competitive gamers do anything. In addition, it's physically impossible to be a 'True Gamer' by those standards. I tried. I tried listing everything anyone's ever mentioned as necessary to be a 'True Gamer'. You don't want to KNOW how long that list was when I finally gave up.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Lady Baltny❤ View Post
    Word. I hate calling the women bitches but the bitches love it.

Classmates who always borrow pens and pencils from me and never give them back. I started ninth grade with literally two boxes of those awesome BIC pencils (28 pencils each) and by the end of the school year (May 25th), I was left with three. And no, I don't really lose things easily.

After hearing something along the lines of "Jamie! Lemme borrow a pencil", I feel really bad inside because I'm literally unable to lend things to them. But that may just be because I think I'm too nice sometimes...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

When I'm trying to sleep on a long flight and an infant doesn't stop crying/ little children running down the aisle screaming their heads off.

Another thing that grinds my gears:

People that persecute you because you like something they don't. Really, if you don't like what I like, why do you constantly look for videos of it to troll on? I mean, if you hate it so much, you could always just avoid it.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

I hate that when we get our yearbooks at the end of the school year that somebody steals my permanent marker and never gives it back so I have to borrow someone else's
    I grew up with Pokémon. And I cherish and love it. I watched every episode from the very first and I've read all of viz's pokespe translations out so far. And i first played the games starting from Pokémon Sapphire. And my favorite anime characters are Ash's female traveling companions and my favorite Pokespe characters are Sapphire and Platinum.

PM me for 3DS FC

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

~By Your Side~

When you say something that you never intend to mean harm with, and get snapped back at.

When sluts bully you and laugh at you.

When random idiots you don't know come up to you in the street and take the p*** out of you for no reason. I would turn around and hit them one, but that would lead to bad consequences.

When people laugh at you when you trip over or get hit. When that happens, I always have to shout back at them, I absolutely hate it.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkipzroks View Post
    A new thing i found out and its it this
    You know what really grinds my gears is when i am eating at a restaruant and their are parents their with a baby who is crying and i am thinking to my self that is annoying parents need to control there kids and that is what grinds my gears and what grinds you gears?
    People who can't be bothered to learn grammar. *hint hint*
    My Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    People who can't be bothered to learn grammar. *hint hint*

Please click to join my WoW Lore forum. We would appreciate your help in growing to an active, friendly community!
    Comic Sans. Comic Sans annoys me.

And really? Grammar on the internet? Most people cannot be bothered or don't think about it as it is not viewed as important as it was many years ago.

Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast