Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 448490919293949596 LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2393

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

My internet going out when I need it the most.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Airport going on strike when I need to fly across country.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Airport going on strike when I need to fly across country.
    Are you talking about that Vancouver airport?

Yeah, but fortunately enough it seems that they've managed to work it all out.

Thank god because that would have been a huge pain if they didn't.

Star-Lord

The $5000 hamburger. It just makes me so angry that this even exists.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Did you know that there's an even more expensive hamburger in las Vegas that goes for 6000$?

I'm just laughing at the description of the 5000$ burger though:

The FleurBurger 5000, as it is called, consists of a Wagyu beef and foie gras burger patty topped with truffle sauce and shaved black truffles, served on a brioche truffle bun. Like its more pricey brethren at The Palms, the FleurBurger is served with a bottle of Bordeaux: a 1995 Chateau Petrus, which typically goes for about $2,500 a bottle. But that's not all! The wine is served in Ichendorf glasses, which you get to take home at the end of the meal.
    I'll probably never drink a 1995 Chateau Petrus out of an Ichendorf glass in my life.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    The $5000 hamburger. It just makes me so angry that this even exists.
    Just looked that up, and wow, that just looks disgusting without looking at the price. Maybe I just don't know food...

For me, it's annoying when you're waiting to get service, and the person giving you instructions doesn't give you accurate instructions. I had to wait for an hour to pick up something from the college administration office, and it turned out that I was supposed to walk in after a 15 minutes wait. Had to wait in line to check in again, and wait for another 15 minutes later. Instructions. Why are they so difficult to give?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Just looked that up, and wow, that just looks disgusting without looking at the price. Maybe I just don't know food...
    No, that is legitimately disgusting.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Death Note fanboys.

Hibiki wants hugs

>professor says the expensive *** textbook for this course is required, if you don't bring it points will be deducted from your grade
    >I buy textbook
    >professor NEVER uses the textbook that semester

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    >professor says the expensive *** textbook for this course is required, if you don't bring it points will be deducted from your grade
    >I buy textbook
    >professor NEVER uses the textbook that semester
    Last year the teacher said we needed a textbook for math, doesn't use it for entire year.

Hibiki wants hugs

^My school has us order all our books online. Lists the math text book twice. TWICE...and makes us buy it twice. I now have two copies of this book (totaling about $300 USD) and have not used either of them.

They have their heads up their asses this year.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

What really annoys me is that the bookstores take the retail prices on books, say for example $50 USD and then they turn around and sell the book for $100+.

Yesterday I paid $10 for a $5 Ice-cream, I got $1 change. Now I feel really cheated.

When Twitch or Youtube add new **** before fixing their existing problems.

Hibiki wants hugs

People who don't respond back to texts.

I mean for the most part I just assume they didn't see it, and if it's something like "what's up" then yeah you don't have to respond whatever. But when I'm asking you a question I'd really appreciate an answer.

Star-Lord

Know what really grinds my gears? Miley Cyrus.

Actually, what I'm really upset about is the fact that everyone is making such a big stink about the issue, making it look like it matters. You'd think that someone like Madonna had done something obscene at the Academy Awards, and not some loser doing something embarrassing at an awards show that no-one except horny teenagers watch or care about. (I mean, come on. N'SYNC was there too, and the excitement over them died down about four years ago.)

I mean, honestly, who cares? Next year, her albums will be in the discount bin with the other has-beens and no-one will remember her.
    Last edited by Maedar; 6th September 2013 at 3:27 PM.

I really hate it when somebody posts something on Facebook and somebody turns it into a political thing whether or not it was a political statement in the first place. It's like a status will say, "I wish those stupid kids would stop shooting those stupid BB guns while I'm trying to take a nap". And someone will answer back, "Obama's trying to take all guns, so that shouldn't be a problem".

I get that you don't like Obama. Be political. Have a stance, do whatever. But saying something completely unrelated to the discussion doesn't automatically make you smarter or make it suddenly socially acceptable to change the subject. Doing that makes you a douchebag, not ****ing Ghandi.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I really hate it when somebody posts something on Facebook and somebody turns it into a political thing whether or not it was a political statement in the first place. It's like a status will say, "I wish those stupid kids would stop shooting those stupid BB guns while I'm trying to take a nap". And someone will answer back, "Obama's trying to take all guns, so that shouldn't be a problem".

I get that you don't like Obama. Be political. Have a stance, do whatever. But saying something completely unrelated to the discussion doesn't automatically make you smarter or make it suddenly socially acceptable to change the subject. Doing that makes you a douchebag, not ****ing Ghandi.
    Definitely this.

Hibiki wants hugs

People who whine and complain about every gen because it "ruins" pokémon

Also, my roommate annoys the **** out of me
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Twitter, facebook, and text messaging on phones. Tweets and instant-pestering were so annoying that I keep my cellphone off 99.9% of the time and only use it for emergencies and meetings. Really though if I want to talk to someone I'd rather just walk up and talk to them!
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Quote Originally Posted by The Hiker king View Post
    Twitter, facebook, and text messaging on phones. Tweets and instant-pestering were so annoying that I keep my cellphone off 99.9% of the time and only use it for emergencies and meetings. Really though if I want to talk to someone I'd rather just walk up and talk to them!
    I think you forgot texting, why take 5 minutes to type someone something when you could've called them (it only last 5 seconds people)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    I think you forgot texting, why take 5 minutes to type someone something when you could've called them (it only last 5 seconds people)
    I may be out of the loop but isn't text messaging on phones called texting? Either way it grinds my gears.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

What grinds my gears is the songs that they play on the radio these days. All you hear is the same Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber song being played every 8-12 minutes, I actually wonder how the dj there did not kill themselves from insanity?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    What grinds my gears is the songs that they play on the radio these days. All you hear is the same Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber song being played every 8-12 minutes, I actually wonder how the dj there did not kill themselves from insanity?
    I just change the station a lot. My favorite networks are NPR and a local station that plays classical music.

Something that grinds my gears are phone scammers. Now, you'll say everyone hates them, right? Well, how about ones that couldn't be more obvious?

Three times in the past week, I've gotten a call with a recorded message saying my auto insurance is about to expire, telling me about all the fines and penalties I'd be subject to if I didn't renew it NOW.

This "scare tactic" might seem convincing to some people, but the thing is, I don't have a car... Or a license. So I'm pretty sure that my auto insurance - which I never had to begin with - is not about to expire. And no matter how many times I hang up on them, they never learn.

Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 448490919293949596 LastLast