Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2393

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears

Attention *****s.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Super Smash Bros speculation right now is getting on my nerves.

Some context: the one character I want is one that is considered fairly unlikely, but still could be in. But that latter part seems to be forgotten by a lot of speculators - if they consider a character unlikely, they will be an assist AT BEST, whereas if they consider someone likely, they're pretty much a shoe in. And the factor they consider most important is popularity, especially in their own forums. It's like other things don't even matter, just if THEY consider a character worthy, rather than if the character would actually be chosen. It doesn't even feel like something you could predict, really - seeing who's in is a waiting game, not a pattern, so it's hard to judge what criteria fit certain characters. And they seem so pessimistic, too! Like if a slight bit of doubt, one small flaw, affects a character, they won't be in.

Ugh. I'm not lurking on those forums anymore, needless to say. These people take all the fun and excitement out of waiting for the game, since they pretty much rely on destroying hopes for all but a handful of characters.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Gen Five fanboys, or just any over active gen fanboy in general.

Yes, I get that you like this generation, but don't shove it in my face when I dislike a single pokemon from it.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Gen Five fanboys, or just any over active gen fanboy in general.

Yes, I get that you like this generation, but don't shove it in my face when I dislike a single pokemon from it.
    Don't blame those who like gen 5. Its mostly those who hate on the gen because of 1 or 2 pokémon (you all know what they are) and ignore anything else good about it. But I agree, if it's any gen I'll get on their case as well. Its ok to favor a certain gen over another, but at least don't be a douche about it (not directed towards you)

But anyways...

Catching Azelf in Diamond.

I know she's the being of willpower and all, but DAMN! WILL YOU GET IN THE BALL! I mean I have that thing paralyzed, in red health, and it broke out of my 70 pokéballs and 60 ultra balls while its wrecking my team with a nasty plot boosted confusion, uproar, and FUTURE SIGHT that SOMEHOW kills Dark Types
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Don't blame those who like gen 5. Its mostly those who hate on the gen because of 1 or 2 pokémon (you all know what they are) and ignore anything else good about it. But I agree, if it's any gen I'll get on their case as well. Its ok to favor a certain gen over another, but at least don't be a douche about it (not directed towards you)

But anyways...

I know she's the being of willpower and all, but DAMN! WILL YOU GET IN THE BALL! I mean I have that thing paralyzed, in red health, and it broke out of my 70 pokéballs and 60 ultra balls while its wrecking my team with a nasty plot boosted confusion, uproar, and FUTURE SIGHT that SOMEHOW kills Dark Types
    I had to turn off my game and turn it back on 3 times to catch Heatran and Giratina because: a. I ran out of Dusk/Ultra balls or b. the fight took so long that it defeated itself with struggle.

Hibiki wants hugs

PC games that don't have a quick save feature.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
    Last edited by Yoshino; 23rd September 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Hibiki wants hugs

In the SEU at my school if you don't like whatever is mainstream at that point you get made fun of: Don't like swag/YOLO? you get made fun of! Don't like Gangnnam Style? You get made fun of! Don't like dubstep? You get made fun of! Hell you get made fun of even if you display sentience. I really hate my SEU...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post

But anyways...

Putting a Pokémon to sleep works better than paralyzing it. (I know, using paralysis is tempting, because you only have to do it once, but take my word for, that is NOT going to help most PokeBalls hold a Legendary.) And I think that in Diamond, yeah, Future Sight could hit Darks. But that changed later.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

- Albert Einstein

People who assume everyone on Youtube is unintelligent or a troll also people who think it's inconceivable that people have a different opinion to their own.

The other starters not having their mega evolutions revealed

Charizard having 2 megas

People making rules in a game (capture the flag ext.) and then not following the rules themselves (even when they get onto me about it).
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    People making rules in a game (capture the flag ext.) and then not following the rules themselves (even when they get onto me about it).
    My sister started doing a Nuzlocke on her Leafgreen and she says that A. A Pokemon has to be defeated 3 times before it is considered dead or B. A Pokemon is only considered dead if it is defeated in a plot-important battle.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 9th October 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Hibiki wants hugs

Bras grind my gears. Man's biggest foe. I'm glad scissors were invented. And if that doesn't count I'd have to say that stuck up/snobby people grind my gears. Can't stand them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    My sister started doing a Nuzlocke on her Leafgreen and she says that A. A Pokemon has to be defeated 3 times before it is considered dead or B. A Pokemon is only considered dead if it is defeated in A plot-important battle.
    Lol now thats just silly. What these guys did to me just seriously pissed me off.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

You know what really grinds my gears? The fact that reputation comments you get from fellow members are anonymous... so the spineless can say whatever they want and down-rep you for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears? The fact that reputation comments you get from fellow members are anonymous... so the spineless can say whatever they want and down-rep you for no reason.
    I got 14 points because someone agreed with what I said >.<
    Last edited by Yoshino; 7th October 2013 at 7:48 AM.

Hibiki wants hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    I got 14 points in total because someone agreed with what I said >.<
    I think he means people using reputation to troll people. That happened to me a month ago

the fact that i can't enter the newer areas in my game without frying my computer,i get my mana drained when i solo because no one wants to put up with "difficulty"(as in at most points in the quest,you go to dungeon alert red,which a)speeds up enemies,b)slows you down when enemies hit you,c)makes enemies harder to hit,d)increases enemy damage,e)if there isn't a wall,everything aggros up on you,even if they are on the polar opposite side of the quest,f)makes you lag if you don't have a super high end computer,g)if you want to screen nuke with a area spell,forget it,lag with increased enemy damage makes you fail concentration checks and unable to cast anything,h)even you have a melee in the back picking out enemies,oh look!he drew all the aggro,lagged,and died,and i)the developers are aware of this)and my earbuds are going out,and every bit of my money is going into X&Y and making my new mtg deck,i can't get new ones.geez i rable on.
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

I've been watching my sister play Wind Waker HD today and it's so boring, she deliberately goes out of her way to avoid the plot and go after side-quests even if she can't complete them at that point she even forgets the most basic things such as the boomerang can stun yellow Chuchu's and you can change your direction while you're swinging with the grappling hook did I mention she's 18 years old and she has played the game before?
    Last edited by Yoshino; 7th October 2013 at 7:47 AM.

Hibiki wants hugs

You know what really grinds my gears? My housemates leaving food out on the kitchen counter for several hours/days at a time. Or if they leave a pile of dirty dishes in the sink so I have to clean them all before using said sink. Are they trying to attract bugs or something?
    Last edited by Kiruria; 7th October 2013 at 4:47 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Dub-Haters really annoy me; they believe that the original Japanese voices are perfect and any dub; no matter how good it is, is impure and terrible compared to the original version.

Hibiki wants hugs

When people drive like buttholes! xD
    No, seriously though. Some people get really unnecessarily hostile when driving. I mean, if you wouldn't be that mean to my face, why do it in your car? I don't understand.. xD
    What time is it...??
    Happy time!!!

I have opened a brand new online art shop! Here it is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SugarcookieStudios
    I sell handmade, very affordable charms and jewelry, and I am currently taking commissions for custom charms!
    If you want to commission a custom charm, PM me what you would like! I can do anything you might want, including any pokemon! ^^

There's this girl in my Japanese class who just got back from her trip to Japan, she was telling us about her trip and when she went to Universal Studio's, she said that wearing a zombie mask and making children cry was "fun".

So I was just checking out the General chat thread for no particular reason other than for ****s and giggles and there were people not only trolling but saying things that make me fear for the future of humanity; things such as:
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    Don't be dumb. Metroid is a robot.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    I prefer Metroid, myself; there's something to be said about a man who has a gun attached to his suit instead of holding it.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Other than that, Zelda's my favourite character. He's the best with the sword.
    There are people here who hate Youtube because it is a spawning ground for hate but there are things I've seen on this forum that not only cannot be unseen but also make me believe that it's not so superior to the comment section of Youtube.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 9th October 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Hibiki wants hugs

Another fandom thing that gets on my nerves: My Little Pony background characters. I don't really have a problem with their popularity - I myself like some of the popular ones, it gives me something different to draw and allows me to create some new personalities to interact with the main cast. So their attention? Not a problem. (Admittedly, I do get annoyed at seeing true OCs in the spotlight, but that's more to do with the fact that they tend to either be really overused when I do see them, or it doesn't feel like the character themselves have earned it. I have no issues with OCs themselves, just that some get so much attention that it's like they're a part of the main cast. Background characters can get to this stage too)

It's the fact that fanon ideas start being treated as canon that gets on my nerves. All of a sudden, stuff like Derpy being obsessed with muffins or Lyra wanting to be human is everywhere. And it's treated as the only part of their personalities, that this one fanon quirk is all that can ever define them. It sometimes makes me nervous that if I were to put my interpretations on the Internet, that people would be angry at me because my interpretations don't match up with the general norm.

Same goes with even some of the main characters, like Celestia randomly being a tyrant, Pinkie being a psychopath and Rarity fighting crab monsters. NONE of that is official, so it shouldn't spread around the Internet and in all these pieces of fanart etc. like it IS. It's not funny or unique any more! I don't mind a couple of people having these interpretations, as a joke, but the rate it spreads bewilders me, as it really does get to the point that all that defines the character is a meme!

This probably happens in other fandoms, as well, but My Little Pony is where I see it the most. I don't know why - maybe a lot of people get into it purely for the meme but don't really have an appreciation for the show itself, so try to make it fit their tastes instead, and fit the stuff that got them into it (namely, the memes)? Actually, I could go on about that latter part as well, maybe later though. But yeah, this is one thing that's really bugging me.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596 LastLast