Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: STAGE ON! :: May/Haruka Fan Club

Default STAGE ON! :: May/Haruka Fan Club

(headers respectively done by Sweet May & Dawn and Piplup)

Welcome! This is the place where you can chat with other people who are fans of the young coordinator and princess of Hoenn, May.

In this club, you can talk about May, share pictures of her, quotes she has said, fanfiction revolving her, graphics you made about her, etc. Yep, anything about May is appreciated. Unfortunately the last club has gone inactive so here I am hoping to make this new club a hit! Let's work together, shall we? ^_^

May's anime bio | May's game bio

~*Rules*~
    1. Please stay on topic.
    2. Bashing any character, pairing, or member is intolerable. Keep the shipping talk out of this club and respect each others' opinions.
    3. Keep your posts safe for work. Any sort of material you're unsure about, PM the owner, co-owner or Club Moderators for approval.
    4. Any information or news that has not been released outside of Japan must be placed under a spoiler tag.
    5. Any thing not made by you, please indicate the artist or source where you obtain the image.
    6. While posting, follow the general SPPF rules. No double posting, mini-modding, etc.
    7. Have fun.

~*Banners*~
    If you want to use them, please credit the maker at all costs!

(by Dawn and Piplup)

(by *futachimaru*)

(by Dawn and Piplup)

(by RealRaymon)

(by PopPrincess_Lyra)

(by PopPrincess_Lyra)
    [img]http://i48.*******.com/35naasx.gif[/img]
    (by PopPrincess_Lyra)
    [img]http://i49.*******.com/1zpk13p.gif[/img]
    (by PopPrincess_Lyra)

No banners at the moment. Feel free to make your own and share.

~*Other Things Made By Members*~
    - Art by Dawn and Piplup
    - May ~Born This Way~ // AMV by Dawn and Piplup
    - May And Shiny Torchic 2011 // Art by *futachimaru*
    - Art by meowth_city
    - Art by Sweet May

Any more works done by our members will be added here for display.

~*Members List*~
    Sweet May (owner)
    Dawn and Piplup (co-owner)
    SapphireIris
    meowth_city
    *futachimaru*
    Trioxhydre
    FlutterDash
    RealRaymon
    watericedragon
    Ash&Pikachu-Fan
    ArielSummer
    PopPrincess_Lyra
    BabyLugia
    tokio767
    Arceusgamer14
    thedehydrator
    Srivats123
    AshSkittles
    SweetAmy
    the cricket
    UnovaGirlSkyla
    Ducklett12
    AquaRegisteel
    thenightmareinducer16

~*Topics*~
    + Why do you love May? (new members answer this first when you want to join)
    + What did you think of May when she first came?
    + Has May changed through out her pokemon journey, if so do you think it was a good change?
    + What's your favourite of May's Pokemon?
    + Would you like May and the Manaphy she bonded with to meet again?
    + What evil organization do you picture May to be a part of the most?
    + Do you think May's old outfit was better than the new one?
    + Does any one want may to have her own special ep.?
    + If May was to return, how would you like her reappearance to be like?
    + When watching other Pokémon sagas or movies outside of AG, do you still think of May (and maybe her Brother Max)?
    + What would be May's next journey?
    + What Unova region Pokemon would suit May?
    + Do you think May will make reappearance in future episodes?
    + If May was to have a new costume, if she returns what would it look like?
    + Have you played as May in Ruby?Saphire/Emerald?
    + If there was a game where you can play as co-ordinators, would you play as May?
    + If May were to not have Glaceon as her Eeveelution which Eeveelution do you think it would be?

~*Club Activities*~
    + FIRST EVENT! Celebrating Winter with May (Ends November 30th) - ONGOING

Have fun!
    Last edited by Sweet May; 12th November 2012 at 12:21 AM.

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Heck yeah i'm joining! ^_^

Why do you love May?

I love her because she's opmisitic, funny, and her rage about stolen food reminds me of me when my grandpa steals some of my food at dinner time and I get angry. 8D But's she a really great character, and I like her quite a bit. I thought she had good character development, and I liked the fact she had no clue what to do at the start. I'd have trouble deciding too.
    Last edited by Princess Raspberyl; 11th June 2012 at 3:31 AM.
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Yay! I'm glad this club is finally up!

Why do you love May?
    I love May because I loved her interactions with her pokemon (Manaphy and May were just cuteee!) and with other characters. I have a very similar personality to her which makes me like her even more -her pokemon are cute and her contests are amazing!

I made a little video about her using the song born this way by lady gaga as another little fan made think and I'm going to make some banners!

I can't wait to get more members for this club!

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

I didn't see a sign-up sheet, but can I join anyway?

Weird coincidence: I just restarted my Ruby game yesterday - picked the girl and named her May. I chose Torchic and caught a Skitty so far, and so I'm considering a May-only Pokemon run. Next thing you know, I found this club o.o

Why do you love May?
    I like all the female companions in the anime and May is my third favourite. Hmm, it's hard to narrow down the reasons why, but here goes: I love her name, her hair, her personality, the fact that she wears two of my fave colours: red and green, her facial expressions, her different outfits (*squeals* I just loved what she wore in the Lucario movie), her Pokemon, her compassion for her Pokemon, her voice, umm, too many reasons.

On a semi-related note: I couldn't give a toss about contests until May (and Dawn) got me interested in them, but only in the anime, mind you. She's clearly a much stronger co-ordinator than Dawn, so I loved that she came to Sinnoh to teach her some tricks. As much as I like Dawn and the rest of the girls, I really liked May's presence in the show and I kind of miss her.

I'm attempting to draw a picture of May, so if anyone is interested, I will post the finished result here.

3DS FC: 3738-0653-3802 ♥

im joining!
    may started off as a pokemon hater, but after meeting ash it just goes to show how much she matures (or "blossoms") like a beautiful May flower
    she is also an amazng co-ordinator
    lets hope she returns in the future anime to see Ash.....again

p.s: can i make a banner for may?
    Last edited by *futachimaru*; 11th June 2012 at 8:27 PM.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Welcome new members! I'll add your names to the list. Yep, no form is required to sign up as long as you give a reason why you want to join. (but it's pretty obvious why you want to join) XD

@Dawn; That video is great! May does have a lot of confidence which makes the video perfect, in a way. I've added it to the list of member works. :3 I hope to see more members too since I'm sure there's plenty of members who like May around here.

@meowth_city; Green! <3 Yeah the dress costume was really amazing. If only we got to see her wear that more in the movie. I can't wait to see your drawing too!

@*futachimaru*; We can only hope she returns again... it would be really appreciated. =] You can make a banner and anything else you want. All is welcome!

ONOMNOMNOM

TeamMay.jpg here is my banner
    i had an idea, there can be a competition to see the best banners. teh best 5 are the OFFICIAL team may/ may fan club banners
    Happiny is awesome

Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

@Dawn; That video is great! May does have a lot of confidence which makes the video perfect, in a way. I've added it to the list of member works. :3 I hope to see more members too since I'm sure there's plenty of members who like May around here.
    Thank you very much! I thought it suited her too!

@meowth_city; Green! <3 Yeah the dress costume was really amazing. If only we got to see her wear that more in the movie. I can't wait to see your drawing too!
    I know it's not aimed at me but I loved that dress too! It would have been cute to see her wear it more often. I also noticed her wearing that dress in your signature!

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

@ dawnandpiplup you should make more may fan videos! i could make some too with you next time i see you
    Happiny is awesome

Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

@ dawnandpiplup you should make more may fan videos! i could make some too with you next time i see you
    Thank you very much! I will try to make some more and sure we can!
    I am also trying to make more banners too.

Here are a few little discussion topics (Sweet May, I hope you won't mind me posting some ^.^)
    What did you think of May when she first came?
    Has May changed through out her pokemon journey, if so do you think it was a good change?
    What's your favourite of May's Pokemon?
    Would you like May and the Manaphy she bonded with to meet again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn and Piplup View Post
    Thank you very much! I will try to make some more and sure we can!
    I am also trying to make more banners too.

Here are a few little discussion topics (Sweet May, I hope you won't mind me posting some ^.^)
    Has May changed through out her pokemon journey, if so do you think it was a good change?

may + manaphy = THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE
    May has changed in a good way with a more positive view and more mature
    in terms of prettiness, glacelnis my favourite, but snorlax was funny
    Happiny is awesome

Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I know it's not aimed at me but I loved that dress too! It would have been cute to see her wear it more often. I also noticed her wearing that dress in your signature!

Yay, more topics!
    I thought, "Yay a new character! It's too bad she's replacing Misty but she looks really cute and will probably be Ash's new rival?" Somewhere along those lines were my thoughts.
    She definitely changed, as futachimaru mentioned before. She used to not be comfortable near a lot of Pokémon but now she has her own team and warmed up to a lot of Pokémon. It's a good change and well although I feel her adventure in Kanto was rushed, I'm glad she's working on inding her coordinating style.
    Skitty! Beautifly and Glaceon come second.
    It would be a very tearful reunion but sure! They did have such an adorable relationship. ;;

ONOMNOMNOM

I also noticed her wearing that dress in your signature!
    Oh wow, I didn't even noticed Sweet May's signature before. That's a really pretty fanart of May. Come to think of it, I own a very similar cardigan to that one except it has roses in place of where the bows are. I like May's fashion sense - she's the perfect inbetween to Misty's tomboy style and Dawn's girly outfits.

Well, I first discovered her character in the games, Ruby and Sapphire, and I thought she was cute. As for the anime, I didn't really mind her replacing Misty despite her being my favourite character at the time. I liked May from the first episode, as she just seemed like an interesting character.

Of course, she has and yes. When she first started off, she didn't even want to be a trainer, but now she's blossomed into a mature co-ordinator. In fact, I think she has grown more then most characters on the show.

Skitty. I'm a Meowth person, what did you except?

Yes. May and Manaphy sound good together. Speaking of which...

Spoiler:- cute:

3DS FC: 3738-0653-3802 ♥

....I might actually join this (i mean i'm still not the BIGGEST fan of May but I admire her seemingly happy/easy going sort of additude i'm apperently seeing so far. she isn't as 'bad' as I remember her being 0.o; )

I thought she was pretty XD I liked her pirate bandana too.

I've only started watching advanced again (through Boomerang Re-runs). I haven't gotten that far. But, she seem's sweet enouth early on, incecurities aside.

Skitty, it's so cute. :3 (though, she really seem's close to beautifly and it helped her grow to really love pokemon so i like her(?) too)

I *KNOW* I liked her in that movie^^ May seemed actually very good with Manafy, from what I can remember. Yes they should be together again! x3;

I guess I am a fan of her now, kinda. *shifty eyes* lol She's cute. XD But there's probably still more I have yet to see.

~Trixie~^^
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Why do you love May? : Because she is a fun trainer to watch

She was one of my favorite things about Advance since i found it more boring then the OS

What I "Love" about May? Defenetly her optimisum, if anything^^

Like in the episode "Tree's a Croud". Max tell's her how he's all worried about Ash...but May totally shrug's it off with a cute smile/breaf comment to Max to 'relax' and continue's her dinner like everything's gonna be alright in the end. XD

That was one of the awesomest things in that entire episode.

But, i'll admit, she is kind of humoress at times from what I can recall. XD

Quote Originally Posted by meowth_city View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't even noticed Sweet May's signature before. That's a really pretty fanart of May. Come to think of it, I own a very similar cardigan to that one except it has roses in place of where the bows are. I like May's fashion sense - she's the perfect inbetween to Misty's tomboy style and Dawn's girly outfits.

Yes. May and Manaphy sound good together. Speaking of which...

Spoiler:- cute:
    Now that all this talk about my sig is going on, I noticed May's hairstyle is different in the art than her actual hair. I guess it would've been more amazing if she changed her hair style but the bow she wears is big and adorable. X3 Here's the actual artwork for you guys.

By an artist named michikusa, whose site is dead now. But I'm sure a lot of you have seen that art style before so other images michikusa has done are no stranger to you. ^_^

Also, the May and Manaphy gif is the cutest thing ever. *__*

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxhydre View Post
    ....I might actually join this (i mean i'm still not the BIGGEST fan of May but I admire her seemingly happy/easy going sort of additude i'm apperently seeing so far. she isn't as 'bad' as I remember her being 0.o; )
    You don't HAVE to be a diehard fan to join. Just as long as you appreciate her and her past naive behavior and her food addiction, all is swell~

Oh but welcome new members! Thank you for joining! <3

ONOMNOMNOM

may and torchic art i did. please add to list of other art
    i made mays hair a bit wavy and made torchic shiny. torchic is so chubby wubby. so cute!
    http://airfieldoverview.deviantart.c...2011-307546564
    Happiny is awesome

Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I don't remember May ever wearing hair ribbons XD I mostly just see her with her red pirate bandana, which really does look cool on her.

May with princess dress=soo cute^^ I remember that was in the Lucario film^^

May's food obsession never bothered me XD Food obsessed characters are always funny lol

She's pretty funny in some episodes outside that, too...like when she battle's for the Norman Fanatics in this one season 7 episode. XD "I'M WINNING I'M WINNING!!!!" I felt like crying over how funny she was there. XD Her naivity can quite easily be a charm.

Joining this club for sure!)
    Why do you love May?
    I love her, because she is very beautiful and has great character, like me She is cute, very kind and caring(we`ve seen that in Manaphy movie and the way she cares for Max), she is also cool and can hold her own in contests. Well, there are more things why I love her and I think she is the best out of pokegirls
    I thought that what a stupid girl, she doesn`t like pokemon and WTF, return Misty!)
    She sure did, and that was a good change, she became more mature and developped a great character
    I like her Blaziken and liked Bulbasaur and Squirtle, but they evolved(don`t know why to evolve pokemon for a cameo). I like her Beautifly as well.
    They were great together. It was very sad when Manaphy left. I would like them to meet again

P.S.I`m planning to make banners and adding new questions if possible

UPDATE:
    check my banner)Hope you like it
    Last edited by RealRaymon; 14th June 2012 at 10:22 AM.

I would love to join please!

Why do you love May?
    I like her various reasons. Her personality reminded me of mine. I liked how she overcame her fear of Pokemon as her journey progressed. Her love for food is funny and interesting(in a good way). I love all her contest performances and they were pretty much the reason why I enjoyed watching the AG arc overall. She is very caring and tends to have motherly nature at times.

I thought she was just going to be a Misty replacement, but after actually seeing her, I started to like her more than Misty. So far, May has been my favorite girl companion in the entire Pokemon series. I was so excited when I heard she was coming back for a couple of episodes in DP.

She definitely changed a lot. She went from a girl who seemed to detest Pokemon, to a girl that just loves them and cares for them. Her contest performances have changed as well. She takes in every word of advice that Drew, Ash, and even Harley gives her. Although she has faced obstacles during her whole contest journey, she learns from her mistakes and manages to fix it later on. She even managed to form her own style, that was hers alone. She definitely showed how much she has improved in DP. Her performances were just off the charts for me and made me be very impressed. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I was so devastated when she lost. D:

Gahhh! Such a hard decision! I love all of them and it's hard to have a favorite. I love Blaziken, Glaceon, and Beautifly the most though. Her baby Squirtle was just so adorable too. xD

Of course I would! They were just so amazing together during that movie. Their development was well made, and I cried when they had to go their own way. I CRIED!! *sniff*

I love all the banners. :3
    You made a beautiful video Dawn and Piplup! <3 x3

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

Joining, so I can let everyone know what May means to me.

Why do you love May? she's pretty, funny and a unique character in her own way.

What did you think of May when she first came? funny the way her intention was just the travelling part as if she were going on holliday
    and buying swimsuits : )

What's your favourite of May's Pokemon? easy its glaceon as its her latest and curtest pokemon she has so far (beautyfly 2nd and munchlax 3rd)
    as well as she resembles may in fact (in terms of hear).
    Last edited by Ash&Pikachu-Fan; 15th June 2012 at 9:40 PM.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Welcome Raymon, watericedragon, and Ash&Pikachu-Fan! Glad to see more May fans popping in.

@futachimaru; Torchic is definitely cute and nice drawings. I think you could have added some more volume to May's hair but curly hair is definitely a cute change. X3

@Trioxhydre; The pirate bandana makes her suitable to be a Team Aqua member. At least she has a Squirtle/Wartortle to even it out.

So let's make a new topic cuz we need more activity:
    What evil organization do you picture May to be a part of the most?

@Raymon; Cute banner! I've added it to the post for others to see/use. ^_^

Last but not least, here's a fanart share:

By okoge.

ONOMNOMNOM

That's a really cute picture of May, Sweet May! x3

I think she would most likely be part of Team Magma because of her red bandanna, but now that she has a green one I don't know.

I actually found a picture of her wearing a Team Magma uniform, but she's with Misty and Dawn as well:
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

Here are more fanarts:
        Spoiler:- fanarts:

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

I'm going to answer my own questions.. :P

I'm going to be honest. I absolutely hated her and thought she was such an annoying newbie who hated Pokemon and Mudkips. I did think she looked nice though. But nearer the end of the episode when she was with her Torchic I thought 'she might be nice later'. I guess I was right! :P

Definitely, although I hated her at the beginning, I really began to like her later on!

Manaphy if that counts xD. Then Skitty. Then Beautifly. Then Eevee. Then Glaceon (the pokemon change when they evolve!). Then Torchic. -May had some awesome pokemon!

Definitely, I could go into a lot of detail but I thought it was adorable and sweet and sad so definitely yes. It's a shame she did not have manaphy when she returned.

You made a beautiful video Dawn and Piplup! <3 x3
    Aww thank you very much. I will try to do more.

I think May is too nice to do that but probably team aqua or magma. I would probabaly go for aqua because may loves the water and the magma outfit (apart from the red bandana) doesn't really suit her. Then again, no evil outfit does.

Oh, and those fan art pictures were adorable!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast