Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1) (744)

Boldore is down after 2 Gyro Balls.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Whoa Brina Palenica is that you? Maybe it is just me waking up early and being out of it but thought I kinda heard her

Seeing the badge case during the episode made me wonder about if it always did not shown badge images like it would in the game. I checked Serebii's images for Minccino-Neat & Tidy when Ash got it from Bianca, and you can clearly see that the last slot was for the Legend Badge and all sections were built for each badge's shape. Just thought it was a neat thing I found out. ^^

Also, not really important, but didn't early images of Roxie's koffing have eyelashes? I thought so, but can't find them now if there were.
    Last edited by Trainer Frankie; 13th October 2012 at 3:14 PM.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Well, this was a bad episode. Unfezant and Boldore were creamed by a Koffing. I still think it should have just been 3v3.

It's not impossile even in games to lose to an unevolved pokémon.

Personally, it stinks we have to wait another week. It was very entertaining I kinda wish it was an hour long special or something.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Well, this was a bad episode. Unfezant and Boldore were creamed by a Koffing. I still think it should have just been 3v3.
    at least the dub clarified why it went down as 6 vs 3, perhaps if Ash had kept his mouth shut, it would've been three on three, but because he mentioned that by beating her he was going to earn his eigth badge, she altered the rules to see if his team was ready for the unova league and see how strong his team was herself.

and as we all know the gym leaders rules must be obeyed, if you don't like it you leave.

Dunno who Roxie's Voice Actor is, but the other guitar girl sounded like Monica Rial.

They are really getting more diverse with the VA's these days.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 13th October 2012 at 6:10 PM.

James would've been reduced to tears to see a Koffing curbstomping two evolved Pokemon in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Personally, it stinks we have to wait another week.
    I see what you did there.

Roxie's voice seems more cheerful than I expected it to be. I also it's nice to finally see a non-Unova Pokemon make an actual appearance, besides Pikachu and Meowth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I was especting Roxie's voice to sound like the one in the game. I liked that a kanto pokemon got to be on "who's that pokemon", especilly after a long time. Even if ash gets the acid badge, i hope he still challenges other gym leaders

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    James would've been reduced to tears to see a Koffing curbstomping two evolved Pokemon in a row.

Not just any evolved pokémon, but two of "the twerp's" fully evolved pokémon

Also, does anyone else love how Roxie's battle cry is "BANG-ZOOM" ?
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 13th October 2012 at 9:59 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Lol, wasn't intentional, but works. XD

I forgotabout how Ash scanned koffing. Did he forget about James'.

Unless Ash said 'Who's that Pokémon?' while scanning Koffing, I don't see a problem with him scanning Koffing.

New Pokedexes always have some new data and Ash uses his Pokedex even when he recognizes a Pokemon.

Fine episode, though Ash did have a bad start. Roxie is pretty cool, though. It's awesome how Roxie wanted to test Ash before the Unova League.

I enjoyed the episode. I'm glad that Ash suggested a 3 on 3 battle, it give me a reason to support him despite his advantage. Koffing was great to watch in battle, as was Leavanny.

Still the concept of Roxie being at a 6 on 3 disadvantage slightly annoyed me. If she's so good that she's beating challengers' full teams without losing a pokemon then she should be taking on the elite four, as the whole point of her being at a disadvantage is clearly to show how powerful her pokemon are and how skillful a trainer she is.

Don't like Roxie's VA...but I did like how energy ball's side effect was mentioned...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    i actually expected Roxie to have a British/Cockney accent
    I'm so glad I wasn't the only one hoping for this.

anyone know if the person that voiced james koffing back in the original season is the same one that voiced roxies?
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/nnjyp4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by deoxys4ever View Post
    anyone know if the person that voiced james koffing back in the original season is the same one that voiced roxies?
    It honestly didn't sound like the same va, but not sure.

I really enjoyed that episode. It would have been nice if Unfezant wasn't sandwiched between Boldore and Leavanny though. It feels like it was hardly even there. Maybe Ash should have utilised switching to get his 6 Pokémon out, rather than having them fall like dominoes.

This was a really good episode. I was really nervous to hear Roxie's voice in the anime, but it's well acceptable in my opinion.

Her Koffing is pretty tough, especially with that high speed.

Leveanny had me in tears of joy when he was able to string shot Koffing and spin it around like a merri-go-round. Leavanny is one tough fighter. Unfezant gets an honorable mention for attempting to defeat Koffing, too; too bad she got poisoned out of it. Poor Boldore though, at least he tried with Sandstorm.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I thought this episode was pretty good so far. The battle is going along quite well, though I'm a tad surprised that none of the other trainers thought of using a steel type.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

An interesting beginning to the gym battle in Virbank City especially when Roxie decided that she wanted it to be a 6 vs 3. What I can't decide if it came across as arrogance or just confidence but I guess I will make my conclusion in Part 2.

For Ash the battle started well, with sandstorm proving to be a sensible opening strategy but then Koffing started it's steamroller strategy on both Boldore and Unfezant. Towards the end of the episode, Ash regained momentum by using a clever Energy ball and string shot strategy with Leavanny to reduce koffings special defence and speed and this proved enough to finish Koffing off. The episode ended with Roxie bringing out her scolipede and using toxic to poison Leavanny. Will Ash prevail?

On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Just started watching the episode again & I was amazed by how tough the trainers at Pokémon Center said how tough Roxie was. For those of you who played the game, is Roxie really as tough as the other trainers said she was?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Just started watching the episode again & I was amazed by how tough the trainers at Pokémon Center said how tough Roxie was. For those of you who played the game, is Roxie really as tough as the other trainers said she was?
    Unless she poisons your team and uses Venoshock right after, then no.

Also, bringing a Lucario practically makes her team a cakewalk.

Unless she poisons your team and uses Venoshock right after, then no.

Also, bringing a Lucario practically makes her team a cakewalk.
    Beldum makes her team shudder. She is not even half as strong as the games.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast