Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1) (744)

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Beldum makes her team shudder. She is not even half as strong as the games.
    What the hell are you talking about? In the games she's one of the easiest gym leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisharp View Post
    LOL WTF ASH SCANS KOFFING.

Did he never saw one or something!? >__>
    Surprise! Surprise! Ash has no recollection of the many battles with Team Rocket James Koffing whatsoever! That's the problem with this saga... No references to Ash's previous adventures NONE!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Beldum makes her team shudder. She is not even half as strong as the games.
    And...do Beldums even appear before you hit her Gym.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And...do Beldums even appear before you hit her Gym.

Nope, but you get a Magnetite. And to the person above you, past references has stayed pretty vague anyway plus Ash's goal is to complete the Pokedex, regardless of what he's seen before. Not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Nope, but you get a Magnetite. And to the person above you, past references has stayed pretty vague anyway plus Ash's goal is to complete the Pokedex, regardless of what he's seen before. Not a big deal.
    When was completing the pokédex Ash's goal? Anyway, I think the writers purposely had Ash scan Koffing so that they could introduce it to younger viewers who never played R/B/Y/FR/LG

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    When was completing the pokédex Ash's goal? Anyway, I think the writers purposely had Ash scan Koffing so that they could introduce it to younger viewers who never played R/B/Y/FR/LG

Well it is one of things we do in the games, but good point anyway.

Dat grimer put a stop to my magnemite sweep pretty fast.

anyone know if the person that voiced james koffing back in the original season is the same one that voiced roxies?
    I believe that Bill Rodgers (Brock) is the voice of Roxie’s Koffing, Michael Haigney provided the voice of Koffing under 4Kids though in "A Poached Ego" I think that Eric Stuart provided the voice for the Koffing captured by Rico plus the “fresh” recordings of Weezing, because it showed more emotions in that ep than any others previous.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode, yes it was let down by the dub's choice of music but a solid episode none the less and plus points to Bill for making Koffing sound very close to its original voice and Koffing in Who's that Pokemon, just like the Japanese version.
    PBR FC: 1677-2845-1873
    WHITE FC: 1162-9523-2296

I am ready to battle (GMT & BST) as and when required, please send me a mesage with your FC so we can arrange a battle.

Rules: Auto Lv.50 (for now), any number of Pokemon and any battle type.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? In the games she's one of the easiest gym leaders.
    I meant to say she was WAY easier in the games and her anime counterpart is the epitome of overpowered. :/
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Dat grimer put a stop to my magnemite sweep pretty fast.
    That's Challenge Mode man...

Anyway, I didn't care for this episode when it first aired in Japan and I don't care for it now. I understand the writers wanted to make it interesting, but this could have been a simple 3 on 3 and Ash would still win, given Boldore and Unfezant caused little damage to Koffing, meaning Leavanny could of won on his own.

Spoiler:- those who have seen part 2:
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Makes sense but Ash should have already completed that portion of his Pokemon full of old pokemon. It just makes Ash seem dumber than he is by older kids(adult) who have been watching the show for years.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Makes sense but Ash should have already completed that portion of his Pokemon full of old pokemon. It just makes Ash seem dumber than he is by older kids(adult) who have been watching the show for years.
    He gets a new pokedex each region...
    It also teaches little kids (who are the target audience) about pokemon they migth have not seen or haven't seen in a while.

Random : PokéRadar

Uh... Koffing is in the current Unova dex... so introductions weren't exactly needed. Not to mention HG/SS was released not too long ago either, where Koffing was available
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    To be fair, it's been a really long time. The last Koffing to appear in the anime was about halfway through Sinnoh, and he wasn't the one battling it.

EDIT: Actually, this is the first time he's ever scanned Koffing with his Pokédex. Ever.
    Dude..he spent the whole first season being run down by team rocket and their koffing. You'd think he'd have had ample time to get to know the pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03n1x View Post
    Dude..he spent the whole first season being run down by team rocket and their koffing. You'd think he'd have had ample time to get to know the pokemon
    Ash using pokedex on older pokemon he knows is obviously for the younger fans who never saw one. Some kids don't play the games so they would not know what it was or maybe they are new to the series. My friend who is 16 never heard of pokemon till BW came out
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/21r0gk.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03n1x View Post
    That was a few months ago, you can't possibly expect a 10 year old to have that good a memory now can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Erinmizu View Post
    Ash using pokedex on older pokemon he knows is obviously for the younger fans who never saw one. Some kids don't play the games so they would not know what it was or maybe they are new to the series. My friend who is 16 never heard of pokemon till BW came out

where has your friend been? Under a rock? I keed I keed...

Pretty good episode... and this has not the first time ash has scanned a pokemon he has scanned before :P so no big deal.

I miss Koffing's old voice... oh well :P

I was happy to See Roxie's band mates looked just like they do in games.. usually the anime doesn;t always live up to details like that.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    He gets a new pokedex each region...
    It also teaches little kids (who are the target audience) about pokemon they migth have not seen or haven't seen in a while.
    What's the "who's that pokemon" gag that keeps popping up for it's not for teaching kids about Pokemon? Ash doesn't have to do it. All he needs is to take his old Pokedex and upgrade or he can just remember it like someone said a few pages ago.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 22nd October 2012 at 7:28 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

The real problem is that Ash is the only one with a pokedex, whereas in previous seasons Dawn or May would dex a Pokemon that Ash has already seen

It was a neat episode. Roxie looks really tough, and she knocked out three of Ash's Pokemon. And it's been a while since there was a Koffing in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by cg19293 View Post
    The real problem is that Ash is the only one with a pokedex, whereas in previous seasons Dawn or May would dex a Pokemon that Ash has already seen
    Or you know Ash could just say it's akoffing, those things fart to float don't they? Then roxie can say yes!, you know your kanto pokemon! or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Or you know Ash could just say it's akoffing, those things fart to float don't they? Then roxie can say yes!, you know your kanto pokemon! or something like that.
    Nop. That's not a formal description about the Pokemon and it would feel weird...
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

To you, maybe.

It's a lot better than dexing the gas cloud.

Good start to the 2 parter, Roxie definitely get's alot more development character wise than we've had with the previous 3.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that until I saw this episode, I thought Roxy was a guy. o_O At least it was an interesting gym battle, and we get to see a pokemon from before the Unova region (koffing) that isn't Meowth or Pikachu for the first time since season 13. It's also interesting to see a gym battle set up like the games, where you can use all six pokemon against the gym leader's lesser number.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast