Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1) (744)

I loved how they made Roxie a stronger opponent than she is in the games. It was cool that Ash can use six Pokemon in this gym. It doesn't look good for Ash so far. He took down one of Roxie's Pokemon and she has taken down two of his.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    He gets a new pokedex each region...
    It also teaches little kids (who are the target audience) about pokemon they migth have not seen or haven't seen in a while.
    Who could just look at their games, or look it up or at guidebooks which I assume they would get.
    And the younger the kids get, the more that they don't give a damn what it is. It's people who are older who get all confused if they see a character they haven't seen people, but has previously been in the show and must need references to the past, to know who the hell they are. I just think the writers give kids much more credit when not needed, sure a 10 year old is gonna be wondering what it is, but a 5 year old is just not gonna care about those details (And a 10 year old does usually have a mind to look it up, or someway in checking it).

I wouldn't have a problem with it really, because it could be easily explained that Ash was letting Iris and Cilan know what Koffing was, but it's that ******* look that makes you facepalm, he really looked confused like he never met it before. I even sometimes think hey maybe he's just checking up new information on the Pokemon, but he seriously had no clue what Pokemon that was, you know the same Pokemon he kicked the *** of for about 50-100 episodes, the same Pokemon that gave him hell in the second day of his journey along with Ekans.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I loved how they made Roxie a stronger opponent than she is in the games. It was cool that Ash can use six Pokemon in this gym. It doesn't look good for Ash so far. He took down one of Roxie's Pokemon and she has taken down two of his.
    I thought that was pretty cool too. In the games her Koffing was an easy beat, but in the show it was a mass murderer to Ash's Pokemon.

After watching this episode. I have grown to like Roxie because so confendence. Hearing that she beating many trainer was a good forshadowing on the writter part here and it payed off big time for this Gym Leader. It was very cool that the crowd cheer for Ash as well so it wouldn't be a one time thing for rooting for Roxie. The diloge was intressing as well. It showed more of that rock and roll style. When they saw Pikachu's thunderbolt I think they were inpressed with Ash's style and courage.

Roxie also has good rules here. That a gym leader can have different rules for any battle even though it could be in a disadvanage to her. Make her the only gym leader that wants to show her stuff then restricked it. This make her one of the second coolest eight gym leader that I have seen in a long time. The only Gym Leader that had more intressing rules then her was Juan. And I find it that Roxie was a much more powerful Gym Leader then Voltner was.

So in the battle, Koffing showed use how strong it was by beating Ash's Bolder and Unfezant. It Gyro Ball was able to stop Bolder's Rock Blast and Unfezant's Aerial Ace were impressived and showed that this Koffing was on a whole different level then other Pokemon in the Unova region. It speed and confended were good add on to this Koffing's looks and show a little bit of personality to it. Leavanny really hit it hard with that Energy Ball and the speical denfence drop came out of the blue, but it saved Ash's bacon from the fire.

When Leavanny used string shot on Koffing, it remained me about when the first time Ash used it on James' Koffing with Caterpie. This also remained me the first time Ash was in this trouble with Koffing. In episode three Koffing blinded Pikachu, defeat Pigdetto with Enakes and then got beaten by a Cateripie. that combo that Leavanny made was an awesome way of taking Koffing out. But Ash isn't out of the wood yet, Scolipide Toxic looked pretty bad from here and seen like this battle will take a little bit longer then Ash though.

I like this episode with it different thing with the Gym Leader and how strong she was. I liked her more then Voltner and showed how powerful a gym leader can be. I hoped that Ash wins this gym battle and show me that Ash style I love so much.

I liked seeing those trainers at the Pokemon Center who all lost to Roxie because it reminded me of the Vermillion Gym way back.

Roxie is a pretty cool Gym Leader IMO. I like her personality and how strong she is. I was very impressed by her Koffing's strength - I never thought that a Koffing could be that fast and I did not expect that Ash would have to use three of his Pokemon to knock it out. I did like how Leavanny used its String Shot to reel in Koffing and knock it out with Energy Ball, though.

The Virbank Gym itself was also great. I liked how it had Roxie's band and all the fans there.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678