Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    She was having too easy of a time, with her prior 3 vs 3 matches.

Homika was looking to challenge herself, also she was EXTREMELY confident in her Pokemon's abilities, though def. not cocky.
    Well that's good for her but i think for someone that wants to become stronger i don't think this was technically fair. Yeah, all his pokemon battled but what does that say about his progress? he had to use all his six pokemon and she only used three. I wouldn't be happy personally, but if this was a six on six battle i wouldn't have complained but i just didn't like this episode for that reason.

The World God Only knows

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Well that's good for her but i think for someone that wants to become stronger i don't think this was technically fair. Yeah, all his pokemon battled but what does that say about his progress? he had to use all his six pokemon and she only used three. I wouldn't be happy personally, but if this was a six on six battle i wouldn't have complained but i just didn't like this episode for that reason.
    What it says is that Toxic is a cheap strategy, xD

I think she did have more Pokes though, as the scoreboard type thing showed as if it were so when the guy with the Gochiruzell was beaten.

I think she did have more Pokes though, as the scoreboard type thing showed as if it were so when the guy with the Gochiruzell was beaten.
    haha i agree but if i was him i would countered that with magic guard or taunt but the writers won't do that and just have him go all out which is terrible. To me there were so many things in this episode where i went like what? He needs a pokemon to heal status moves or get moves to work around toxic, and this is what i expect from him but i'm not getting a fully developed Ash that should be above average. When will we see him actually get there? it's bothersome. i'm getting pretty bored with some of the things the anime pulls off that doesn't make sense to me.

The World God Only knows

Doesn't help that no matter what Poison move she used (minus Toxic) that it some how always ended in the opponent getting poisoned :P

The writers did a better job at making Ash look weak, seeing as his evolved Poke's all fell in battle, what's that say for Snivy, Oshawott, and Scraggy?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

"making Ash look weak". Ash IS weak in Unova...

I loved the battle, I really like Dogars e Dustdas

All this talk about Ash being weak, Homika is CLEARLY just overpowered in the anime so the fact that he won in the first place implies that he's quite strong. It's like if you fought a gym leader in the games who's Pokemon are like 10-20 levels higher than yours, if it' 6 vs 3 and you barely win, it doesn't mean that you're weak, but that you're opponent was STRONG AS BALLS.
    So I don't personally think Ash is weak, but hopefully he will still do some special training in BW2 and evolve more of his Pokes.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    All this talk about Ash being weak, Homika is CLEARLY just overpowered in the anime so the fact that he won in the first place implies that he's quite strong. It's like if you fought a gym leader in the games who's Pokemon are like 10-20 levels higher than yours, if it' 6 vs 3 and you barely win, it doesn't mean that you're weak, but that you're opponent was STRONG AS BALLS.
    So I don't personally think Ash is weak, but hopefully he will still do some special training in BW2 and evolve more of his Pokes.
    Well I know levels hadn't been mentioned since the ep Ash caught Tsutaaja(snake), when Dento commented she had high-level techniques, but the boy in the Pokemon Center, told Ash Homika's gym was really tough, and that her Pokemon's "levels were very high", and that between getting poisoned and her relentless attacks, he stood no chance. Also he warned Ash to come up with a strategy to deal with poisoning/poison-types.

It would be kind of lame of Homika was that weak being his eigth challenge, so if people are mad at Ash, then they shouldn't be. Poison types can be a b*tch at times.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It would be kind of lame of Homika was that weak being his eigth challenge, so if people are mad at Ash, then they shouldn't be. Poison types can be a b*tch at times.
    I agree. I am reading the previous posts and trying to understand the complaints. The two episodes were gorgeous.
    Homika is awesome, her Pokémon were really cool, except for Pendra and Ash was... Ash.

On a side note, I can't wait for the mods to make new avatars based on these two episodes. I so want to use Dasutodasu or Homika as my avy. :'D

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I agree. I am reading the previous posts and trying to understand the complaints. The two episodes were gorgeous.
    Homika is awesome, her Pokémon were really cool, except for Pendra and Ash was... Ash.

On a side note, I can't wait for the mods to make new avatars based on these two episodes. I so want to use Dasutodasu or Homika as my avy. :'D
    Agreed. And there were some cool new Ash/Pignite shots too, hopefully they'll make for some nice avatar possibilities for me.: D
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

It doesn't matter since i feel it was unfair. I get it, she is strong but that shouldn't mean he should be happy. He should have said, "I want to be a pokemon master so i will use how ever many pokemon you are using. That's fair and if i can't win i will come back another day." Is that so hard? This just shows me he isn't ready for any elite 4 member or champion.

The World God Only knows

It doesn't matter since i feel it was unfair. I get it, she is strong but that shouldn't mean he should be happy. He should have said, "I want to be a pokemon master so i will use how ever many pokemon you are using. That's fair and if i can't win i will come back another day." Is that so hard? This just shows me he isn't ready for any elite 4 member or champion.
    He did refuse of using 6 and said he'll use 3 as well. But Homika insisted on doing it this way, her gym, her rules, her loss.

He did refuse of using 6 and said he'll use 3 as well. But Homika insisted on doing it this way, her gym, her rules, her loss.
    Doesn't change the fact that she gave him an advantage. If it was me i would have not been happy about that. This would be fine for someone starting out but not for Ash.

The World God Only knows

I said it before the episode aired.

People including me WHINED about Homika the SECOND gym leader being the last gym leader in the anime.

They fixed this issue by overpowering the **** out of her and I was fine with it, even though with two episodes they could have gone 6vs6 but that wouldn't show how dominant and overpowered she was unless she beat Satoshi.

It was all plot power and their intention wasn't to make Satoshi look weak, they just went with the overpowering of Homika and disregarded the rest or the interpretations you guys took.

Spetacular episodes this week. This gym battle was one of the best battles I've seen in the anime. I also love how the writers took this opportunity to give Ash's "reserves" some well deserved spotlight.

About Homika, I have to say I did like her personality in the anime. The writers handled her rather well here and the animators manage to convey her energic personality.

One thing is for sure this proves he is not elite 4/champion material yet and this could probably mean he is still continuing on to the next region.

The World God Only knows

One thing is for sure this proves he is not elite 4/champion material yet and this could probably mean he is still continuing on to the next region.
    Ofc he isn't till he beats a league, they will never show him to be "Elite 4/champ" material.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Ofc he isn't till he beats a league, they will never show him to be "Elite 4/champ" material.
    Well i have doubts of that with this battle. I just can't see him winning a league with trainers bringing legendary pokemon.

The World God Only knows

Overpowered or not, that is exactly how every trainer in the league will be...if Ash couldn't even handle here with his evolved Pokemon, Snivy, Oshawott, and possibly Scraggy are all royally screwed unless they evolve or gain plot hax for every battle they enter.

I'll say the battle was animated nicely, but that the only good comment I can say about it...almost as disappointing as Elesa's gym
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Overpowered or not, that is exactly how every trainer in the league will be...if Ash couldn't even handle here with his evolved Pokemon, Snivy, Oshawott, and possibly Scraggy are all royally screwed unless they evolve or gain plot hax for every battle they enter.

I'll say the battle was animated nicely, but that the only good comment I can say about it...almost as disappointing as Elesa's gym
    Same, How can we see him competing with cynthia and other elite 4 members if his pokemon aren't even at par with this gym leader. I hope there is more development and that his older pokemon don't take away from the spotlight since i feel the writers are going to screw up somehow.

The World God Only knows

Shame Homika will probably not be this powerful in her gym in the games. Hopefully there will be a way to have a more powerful rematch with her.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Shame Homika will probably not be this powerful in her gym in the games. Hopefully there will be a way to have a more powerful rematch with her.
    I hope the gym leaders take part in the world tournament with updated teams if the old ones will take part on it why not them(knows hes being off-topic pardon me).

I think this was a great way to develop the position of gym leaders. IMHO, every gym battle should be something like this where the gym leader sets some kind of handicap to make it fair for the challenging trainer. Realistically speaking, a gym leader isn't some random trainer in a building. Rather, they're given that title for their immense ability. They're also selected to test other starting trainers on their continuing ability and not whether they can beat the living crap out of their team.

..Or at least that's how I see haha... I apply Pokemon to real life only cause I wish they were real haha

기쁨 곱하기 슬픔 나누기
    웃음은 더하기 욕심은 빼기

This was my favorite gym battle in BW so far.

I think the only reason people are hating on it is because Ash's less important pokemon lost again.

This episode was ok... I didn't like seeing Palpitoad go down, especially how easily it went down. I do like how Venoshock was animated when used on the Poisoned Pokemon. I was laughing when Garbodor's arms got tangled. Pignite looked odd when he was being Double Slapped by Garbodor. I liked seeing Pignite defeat Scolipede, although I wish Palpitoad would've won instead.

40/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast