Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

It was definitely a good episode. She is a very strong gym leader. One of the best gym battles so far. I like skyla's gym battle the best

My word...Iris and Cilan doing stuff with their faces not shown...Cilan saying stuff about amazing taste...and Cilan's hands doing what they were doing...I...wha...but they...have they always made out when Ash was battling D: Seriously, who was in charge of that scene did they not know how subjective that scene was, my mind may be dirty but it's hard not to think of dirty things with that scene...

The referee was awesome...that is all I have to say about that...I just loved his voice and how he said some English here and there(Ok I had more to say).

I enjoyed the episode overall now that I know what was being said. Enjoyed the battles and whatnot.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    My word...Iris and Cilan doing stuff with their faces not shown...Cilan saying stuff about amazing taste...and Cilan's hands doing what they were doing...I...wha...but they...have they always made out when Ash was battling D: Seriously, who was in charge of that scene did they not know how subjective that scene was, my mind may be dirty but it's hard not to think of dirty things with that scene...

The referee was awesome...that is all I have to say about that...I just loved his voice and how he said some English here and there(Ok I had more to say).

I enjoyed the episode overall now that I know what was being said. Enjoyed the battles and whatnot.
    I see where you're coming from, but it could've been worse.. Remembers a certain skipped episode that involved male cleavage...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I really liked Iris' line "fun times, my foot!"

Sheesh she was so riled up lately... I don't know if its because of her BW2 role or because she's starting to like/respect Ash more.

Random : PokéRadar

I have to say, I actually enjoyed this battle, and I liked that they made Roxie this strong. I kinda wish she would become a regular... but hey, we've got fanfiction for that! ^^

I would have liked to see Scolipede, rather than Garbodor, get two wins against Ash, but for once, I can't complain.
    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I AM THE #1 PAUL HATER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. DEAL WITH IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I really think people are too fixated at counting the wins each Pokemon gets. Let's say Pignite beating Scolipede and doing so well against Garbodor was the first time you've ever seen it in action. You'd probably think it was cool, had good animation, that sure is a strong Pokemon and such. But then you realize that this Pokemon has actually *GASP* BEATEN STUFF BEFORE!? THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!! Sure, if Pikachu beat more than one, THEN it'd just be plain annoying, but this shouldn't be so bad, at least only one of Ash Pokes went down without really doing anything and he has already definitely proven himself before.
    You sir, are a ray of hope for me that there are actually people who enjoy the show without complaining. The point of the show is to be enjoyable and fun to watch. I see that people are giving ranks for gym battles, counting wins and what not. They all seem to forget enjoying, which I do not recommend. If you have actually enjoyed the battle instead of counting wins you'll notice that this battle was good. Especially Boldore v/s Koffing and Unefezant v/s Koffing. All I see is 8 pages of posts of people complaining about Pignite again and again. The number of posts that said 'This particular scene was good.' is very low. I think the hardcore fans(those who regularly post in the Anime Spoiler and Episode Discussion section) should recheck their views in handling the subject and try to see the positives over negatives. People get mad because they expect an evolution out of nowhere and it doesn't happen. Instead if you watch with minimal speculation you'll actually enjoy it. I think Palpitoad situation is a good example.(I seriously don't know how they expected a evolution, it wasn't hinted anywhere. Besides they don't realise that Palpitoad evolving in this episode would have only make things look worse )

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

The only two things that bugged me was Homika choosing to feed Pignite a Pecha berry, and the fact that Scolipede has lost all hope of EVER appearing hardcore in a battle.

That and my dislike of Snivy's absence aside, this was an excellent, EXCELLENT gym battle. League worthy. Homika's gym was made extremely unique, the rock concert setting was a wonderful change of pace.

I also enjoyed Iris/Cilan's cheering. Very amusing.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I like Homika because she's the best Poison gym leader that I like. I'm glad Ash won though because losing to a team that has a Koffing is no fun.

My ideal battle ever!

Bad episode. 3 vs 6 just showed how weak he is. If it was me, I would insisted 3 vs 3.
    If I lost, I will keep training and become very strong until I beat her. It just showed Satoshi is very weak very weak.
    A lot of gym battles are better than this.

2/10.

Quote Originally Posted by kod3 View Post
    Bad episode. 3 vs 6 just showed how weak he is. If it was me, I would insisted 3 vs 3.
    If I lost, I will keep training and become very strong until I beat her. It just showed Satoshi is very weak very weak.
    A lot of gym battles are better than this.
    It was the whole point of this gym battle.

To show that Ash isn't strong enough, hence the whole Eastern Unova arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    It was the whole point of this gym battle.

To show that Ash isn't strong enough, hence the whole Eastern Unova arc.
    Not really, the point was to overhype Homika as a last gym leader when she is the second ingame.

They passed the entire two episodes talking about how highleveled/strong her pokemon were and how her poison tatics where awesome, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Not really, the point was to overhype Homika as a last gym leader when she is the second ingame.
    Seriously? You'd rather take that explanation and not the one that makes sense?

I get that they wanted to promote Homika as an awesome character, but there was much more to these episodes than that.

They passed the entire two episodes talking about how highleveled/strong her pokemon were and how her poison tatics where awesome, etc.
    Yeah, the same two episodes where Ash's Pokémon dropped like flies leading Ash himself to start doubting his team.

If anything, 6 v 3 served both ways:

- It demonstrated Homika's strength and character.
    - It showed that Ash still isn't fully ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Seriously? You'd rather take that explanation and not the one that makes sense?

I get that they wanted to promote Homika as an awesome character, but there was much more to these episodes than that.

Yeah, the same two episodes where Ash's Pokémon dropped like flies leading Ash himself to start doubting his team.

If anything, 6 v 3 served both ways:

- It demonstrated Homika's strength and character.
    - It showed that Ash still isn't fully ready.
    What doesn't make sense in the explanation I gave? they did overhype her the entire episode from start to end.

I'm not arguing that they were beaten easly, I'm saying that they were more focused on showing her strenght and Satoshi pokemon mostly being defeated by her poison tatics to make her a credible 8th gym leader than anything else.

You know, something I like to point out. Apart from Dawn in DP, Iris and Cilan went all thw way to root for Ash in the two-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    You know, something I like to point out. Apart from Dawn in DP, Iris and Cilan went all thw way to root for Ash in the two-parter.
    But Iris doesn't like Satoshi and thinks he sucks and is always calling him a KID!!!!

But Iris doesn't like Satoshi and thinks he sucks and is always calling him a KID!!!!
    I used to think this, but the writers have gradually made Iris more friendlier towards Ash, infact, since roughly BW050 she's been much nicer to him. Roxie's Gym battle and Iris's (and Cilan's) support really did show she cared for Ash.

Trust me, this is coming from someone who despised Iris for the first 10 episodes of BW, and now actually think she's a great female companion.

I'm being sarcastic, she never hated Satoshi, she uses her catchpharse with everyone not just him.

She never treated him bad, she just pointed out his errors nothing else.

Plus I like how everyone bashes his character but apparently a character in the anime that says he is wrong when he is wrong(even if he turns it around) saying it, is being an *******, I guess 90% of the anime spoilers forum must be a bunch of assholes since at some point in time most of us have said his character was wrong.

I'm being sarcastic, she never hated Satoshi, she uses her catchpharse with everyone not just him.

She never treated him bad, she just pointed out his errors nothing else.

Plus I like how everyone bashes his character but apparently a character in the anime that says he is wrong when he is wrong(even if he turns it around) saying it, is being an *******, I guess 90% of the anime spoilers forum must be a bunch of assholes since at some point in time most of us have said his character was wrong.
    Oh, haha my bad

Well, it was definetly annoying seeing her call him a kid constantly, and critise him on everything, but when she said it to other people too (mainly Trip), it was a good sign. And about people bashing his character, I couldn't agree more it's way too annoying. I've gone into too many discussions that im tired of discussing it now so imma leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Oh, haha my bad

Well, it was definetly annoying seeing her call him a kid constantly, and critise him on everything, but when she said it to other people too (mainly Trip), it was a good sign. And about people bashing his character, I couldn't agree more it's way too annoying. I've gone into too many discussions that im tired of discussing it now so imma leave it.
    Specially when you have adults, saying they are better than a 10y old fictional character.

I'm not sure if I'm reading a thread or a VM right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Oh, haha my bad

Well, it was definetly annoying seeing her call him a kid constantly, and critise him on everything, but when she said it to other people too (mainly Trip), it was a good sign.
    It's funny because the first time I saw you on this forum, was your reaction to the Nimbasa tournament outcome, and that weird guy who kept arguing against your posts... I had a nice laugh that day.

Specially when you have adults, saying they are better than a 10y old fictional character.
    But Adults ARE better than 10 y olds, Pepsi. Everyone knows that. ^^
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 16th July 2012 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm reading a thread or a VM right now....

It's funny because the first time I saw you on this forum, was your reaction to the Nimbasa tournament outcome. I had a nice laugh that day.

But Adults ARE better than 10 y olds, Pepsi. Everyone knows that. ^^
    ;O, we were contuining the discussion about Iris cheering for Satoshi, I just decided to troll the Iris haters a little because they always say she doesn't like him and only criticizes him, etc, I think we are still mostly on topic even if it is a little off-topic XD.

Haha

I'm still laughing at the scene where we don't see what Iris and Cilan are doing off to the side.. Such a offhand shot. As for the battle, I've come to terms with it, although I would've liked Palpitoad to be more of a force here.

Also, I missed Boldore using Rock Smash. It now seems like a forced move it had to learn to beat Clay's Excadrill.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Also, I missed Boldore using Rock Smash. It now seems like a forced move it had to learn to beat Clay's Excadrill.
    Wasn't it always?

I'm still laughing at the scene where we don't see what Iris and Cilan are doing off to the side.. Such a offhand shot. As for the battle, I've come to terms with it, although I would've liked Palpitoad to be more of a force here.

Well he used it in the tag battle.

Random : PokéRadar

I heard thats the only way to beat an Exadrill * slowly forgets(on purpose) about Troh smashing Excadrill in the Donamite*

Dunno, atleast it got to use the other moves, I liked how he was using Sandstorm even though it was deflected pretty easly both times, well thats how Sandstorm is supposed to be used anyway but I liked seeing it.

Kinda hoping the Shizui battle has weather effects to so we can see Palpitoad appear and take advantage of Swift Swim.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast