Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Seriously? You'd rather take that explanation and not the one that makes sense?

I get that they wanted to promote Homika as an awesome character, but there was much more to these episodes than that.

Yeah, the same two episodes where Ash's Pokémon dropped like flies leading Ash himself to start doubting his team.

If anything, 6 v 3 served both ways:

- It demonstrated Homika's strength and character.
    - It showed that Ash still isn't fully ready.
    I agree.

No matter how they portrayed Roxie. It doesn't change that Ash couldn't have beaten her 3 on 3.

That's not a show of how strong Roxie. It's a show of how weak Ash is.

His Pokemon all took out powerful Pokemon at some point in the Best Wishes saga, and yet only Leavanny, Pignite, and Pikachu managed to do anything of importance.

Seriously how weak are they? They must be pretty damn weak. If Ash can't handle a gym leader without using a full team against half of a full team, then he's NO WHERE near the level of being able to compete in the league.

There are trainers who are likely supposed to be a lot stronger than Roxie. Of course the writers don't give a crap about that, since they're known to make things look as unbelievable as possible.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    But Iris doesn't like Satoshi and thinks he sucks and is always calling him a KID!!!!
    That's not true. Some only say that when it comes to shipping wars. But she doesn't hate him if so, she would have not even bothered traveling with him since she really didn't have much of a reason to in the first place.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    That's not true. Some only say that when it comes to shipping wars. But she doesn't hate him if so, she would have not even bothered traveling with him since she really didn't have much of a reason to in the first place.
    I hope you realize Pepsi was being sarcastic there ...

@dman~ I've been saying that since I've watch both episodes...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I love the fact that Roxie's left-handed. Have we ever seen that in the anime before? I don't think so.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I love the fact that Roxie's left-handed. Have we ever seen that in the anime before? I don't think so.
    Huh, didn't notice that she's left-handed. Pretty cool^^ Katie from the Hoenn League is the only other lefty I remember.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Kinda hard not to notice IMO. Left-handed guitar's a pretty good indication, and she only ever handled her Pokeballs left-handed. The main game characters have always been lefties for some reason, whereas everyone in the anime seems to be righties (forgot all about Katie, I'll have to watch that again), so this is nice to see.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I thought this was an execellent and well done battle, about the issue of Ash being weak, I think it's because Roxie's pokemon are probably on the same level as volkner's was in DP, but Ash's only had probably less than half the training his DP team did by gym 8 so he needs all 6 to stand a chance. On the anime we've seen many times that Quality>quantity. Besides we all know what happens to pignite at the world cup so his win here is justified now.

Now if this was BW186 and Ash needed to be 6v3 and to 1-0 we'd have a serious problem here.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 5th September 2012 at 9:34 PM.

The battle was pretty meh. I mean Roxie was not that strong as the preview claimed she was. The Pokemon who got wins for Ash did not require team support to take them down. On top of that, Ash's team was unneccessary portrayed as weak and barely winning. I wish they showed all the Pokemon's strength and abilities to make them seem like they put up a good fight.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

^ What Groundedshock said.

The only part of the battle I really liked was Garbodor versus Pikachu. Anything else, nah. Nice to see Palpitoad again. (I'm willing to bet everyone who replies here is going to say that last part)

The screaming coming from the audience was getting very annoying.

So is this like how part of Battle Froniter was done in Advanced Battle with the whole new beginning thing? I also just realized in odd number gens Ash never faces the final 8th gym leader. Giovanni,Wallace and Drayden. Anyway I loved the battle. The best Unova one
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/21r0gk.png[/IMG]

I know I'm in the minority, but I was kinda hoping Ash would lose this one. It would of made for an interesting twist and would've left a missing 8th badge for Ash to get at the Oppeclucid gym but whatever. It was a good ep. But that means that Ash is gonna spend a whole new season without challenging a gym? Just fillers? Aw man, I'm getting that Johto feeling again, but seeing as how the unova saga is up to par past Johto, I guess it doesn't sound like a bad thing. It will be interesting to see though

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I was kinda hoping Ash would lose this one. It would of made for an interesting twist and would've left a missing 8th badge for Ash to get at the Oppeclucid gym but whatever. It was a good ep. But that means that Ash is gonna spend a whole new season without challenging a gym? Just fillers? Aw man, I'm getting that Johto feeling again, but seeing as how the unova saga is up to par past Johto, I guess it doesn't sound like a bad thing. It will be interesting to see though
    Nah, the season actually will get a lot better from here. Just because getting the badges won't be his main focus, there will be enough to keep them occupied without being "filler"
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Just because an arc has no gyms doesn't mean it is filler. As long as it is an ep that adds to the plot its non filler. From what i heard the upcoming arc is much all canon except for 1 or two eps. Plus doesn't Brock return next arc? I heard rumors he had a unova cameo.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/21r0gk.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Erinmizu View Post
    Plus doesn't Brock return next arc? I heard rumors he had a unova cameo.
    No. What you saw was (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) trolling people.

But he does cameo.

So ash got eight badges. Well, i hope he still battles drayden or even marlon.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    But he does cameo.
    You mean in that thought sequence? That's not what that user was talking about.

So Ash was angsting about the possibility of losing one single Gym. Big deal. You can always retry. Seems that Lt. Serge's Gym Battle left a long-lasting nightmare on you.

But anyway, I really liked the last leg of the battle. Oh, silly Iris. Your cheering was all useless due to Static kicking in before.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So Ash was angsting about the possibility of losing one single Gym. Big deal. You can always retry. Seems that Lt. Serge's Gym Battle left a long-lasting nightmare on you.
    could've been more due to the fact that this was for his final badge, the pressure could've gotten to him.

I enjoyed the episode. Even though I've already seen it in Japanese. They showed off Homika good. And her Koffing will always be my favorite. I hope we see a flashback of her or something.

It's a shame Krokorok didn't show up again especially since he's a ground type and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    could've been more due to the fact that this was for his final badge, the pressure could've gotten to him.
    Even then, it was unneeded unless they only gave you one chance to fight a Gym. He SHOULD be wondering if he's going to lose in an important league fight, said league only happening a few times a year.

Great conclusion the the Gym Hunt.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Well first off I'm a bit suprised (and disapointed) that Ash didn't use his Snivy (he always uses Pokemon with a type disadvanage) then again he didn't use Oshawatt either but still the episode was intense and exciting just like all gym battle episodes are! What really suprised me was when it said ( Next Time... A New Beginning ) are we finally going to see Dawn (and her Buneary) return in the next episode!?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Well first off I'm a bit suprised (and disapointed) that Ash didn't use his Snivy (he always uses Pokemon with a type disadvanage) then again he didn't use Oshawatt either but still the episode was intense and exciting just like all gym battle episodes are! What really suprised me was when it said ( Next Time... A New Beginning ) are we finally going to see Dawn (and her Buneary) return in the next episode!?
        Spoiler:

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast