Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Anyway, I loved that Iris was cheering for Ash so enthusiastically, even if it was for her own reasons.
    Care to elaborate? They cheered for him because they are his friends.

Ew. I didn't like that Pignite defeated Homika's Scolipede so easily, but I'm not surprised that nobody is complaining about it; everyone and their parents stan for Pignite.
    Where'd you get that idea? Didn't you read the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisharp View Post
    Honestly, i hate how Pignite appeared in every episode after it evolved. EXCEPT the previous one [Part 1 of Gym Battle], as far as i recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Pignite uses Fire Pledge and Scolipede is down! DARN PIG!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Fifth matchup: Pignite vs. Scolipede: Pignite wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    words can't describe how sad this makes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    I'm also angry that Pignite got another win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Of course Pignite got a win...it's a starter and of course Pikachu starred...Ash's other pkmn are irrelevant,bar the starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    DAMN YOU POKEMON WRITERS. pikachu starred, pignite got win and palpitoad and boldore got nothing. As far as i'm concerned this programme can go to HELL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I agree completely...it sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I was sort of disappointed that Pignite got a win here
    Or are you just being your usual indecipherable self?

At least leavanny got a win, that's a plus. If it was up to me, I would've picked Leavanny, Unfezant, and Palpitoad to get wins, but I'm alright with the outcome. It was a great battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Care to elaborate? They cheered for him because they are his friends.
    Someone on another thread said that Iris was cheering for Ash because she didn't want him to lose and challenge the Opelucid City Gym, which makes sense since she's afraid to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Where'd you get that idea? Didn't you read the thread?

Or are you just being your usual indecipherable self?
    I couldn't be bothered to wade through seven pages of Gym battle discussion. I assumed that nobody else had complained because everyone loves Pignite.

Wow, the images to this episode look incredible. The battle as a whole looks brilliant.

So Pignite defeated Scolipede, and by the looks of it very quickly. The writers are really glorifying him at the moment, I hope this dies down in BW2, he's really outshining Oshawott and Snivy in terms of strength now. I'd have preferred Unfezant or Palpitoad to get the win.

Pikachu's win looks incredible, and seeing Ash about to give up and get cheered on by his friends was brilliant, the dramatic tension that seems to rise at that point will definetly be one of my favourite scenes.

And finally, so it seems the writers are treating this episode as the end of a saga? "Next Time.... A New Beginning!", interesting. It's weird considering we've never had a region split up into sagas before.

Either way, the final screenshot of Ash and Pikachu with all of the badges looks absolutely amazing.

Ew. I didn't like that Pignite defeated Homika's Scolipede so easily, but I'm not surprised that nobody is complaining about it; everyone and their parents stan for Pignite.
    I didn't like it either, but where the hell do you get these ridiculous and insane facts from? Please, im dying to know.

And either your blind, or haven't read through the thread. A lot of people are complaining that Pignite got the win.

But this points to Pignite being the powerhouse of Ash's team; I guess there's no reason for Oshawott to evolve now.
    Possibly so, but being a stan for Oshawott (lol see what i did their? I said stan, the word you normally use when you want to create a debate on Oshawott evolving) i'd love to see him evolve into Samurott and become the main starter.

Besides, are you forgetting that Turtwig still evolved into Torterra despite Infernape being the star.

There is perfect reason for Oshawott to evolve.

Someone on another thread said that Iris was cheering for Ash because she didn't want him to lose and challenge the Opelucid City Gym, which makes sense since she's afraid to go there.
    Ash is not the type to give up on gyms and go find another one to challenge. If he had lost to Homika, he would've rechallenged her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So Ash got his 8th badge from Homika? That's interesting. I haven't been watching the show so I didn't know the Opelucid Gym was closed. I wonder, though, will Ash be getting more than 8 badges this time or is he just going to do nothing until the League? I certainly hope it's not the latter, the last thing this series needs is more filler.
    He'll be passing the time in East Unova, training for and participating in the World Tournament from B2/W2, along with Dawn and Cynthia, and potentially even more returning characters. Hardly "nothing". Hardly filler.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Besides, are you forgetting that Turtwig still evolved into Torterra despite Infernape being the star.
    Yes, we all remember that Torterra is fully evolved, but we also remember that while he was a Grotle and for the rest of the DP Saga, he was the biggest loser on Ash's team when it came to important matches (Another victim of the Worf Effect).

I loved how Iris was so supportive of Ash, with the drums, costumes, and everything. I'm just wondering where she got the costumes and paint from? LOL

Maybe she got them from Axew's bedroom in her hair?

Possibly so, but being a stan for Oshawott (lol see what i did their? I said stan, the word you normally use when you want to create a debate on Oshawott evolving) i'd love to see him evolve into Samurott and become the main starter.

There is perfect reason for Oshawott to evolve.
    I'm hollering. Why would you use Turtwig's evolution as an example; need I remind you how pathetic Turtwig became when he finally evolved into Grotle, and then from Grotle into Torterra? You're really reaching this time. I think everyone can see that Pignite is going to become the next powerhouse, much like Charizard and Infernape before him.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I loved how Iris was so supportive of Ash, with the drums, costumes, and everything. I'm just wondering where she got the costumes and paint from? LOL

Maybe she got them from Axew's bedroom in her hair?
    She definitely had it in her hair. xD

I also loved how she forced Dento to dress up, they're such good friends. That's why I love our BW trio, it's so enjoyable, has great chemistry and feels like an actual family. Also, did anyone notice Iris had electro motif and Dent had fire motif? Zekrom and Reshiram? Yin and yang? Black and white? :P

I'm hollering. Why would you use Turtwig's evolution as an example; need I remind you how pathetic Turtwig became when he finally evolved into Grotle, and then from Grotle into Torterra? You're really reaching this time.
    Excellent! Let's hope Oshawott becomes pathetic after evolving as well. :P

What? Homika gave Chaoboo a Pecha Berry after the battle with Pendror, she said she wants Ash's last three Pokemon in tip top shape for them to battle her last.
    Satoshi doesn't deserve the badge. LoL

Pardon me, but I'm a bit confused. According to Homika's character bio, Garbador used 5 moves in its battle: Double Slap, Slam, Hyper Beam, Gunk Shot, and Venoshock. Is this true, and if it is, why?! Ever since DP started the anime has been consitent that a Pokemon will only uyse a max of 4 moves during any battle (unless it evolves, which in that case the Pokemon will still only use 4 total moves), so why did they break this rule randomly now. Surely Garbador would be fine without one of those moves, so i see no reason to bring back the days of Orange League Drake's Dragonite. i considered these episodes rediculous enough with it being a 3 vs 6 and the promotion of a weak gymleader for the sake of advertising, but if Garbador really used 5 moves... well, I don't know.

Who was in charge of writing this episode? I want someone to blame (besides myself for getting too excited about something in BW).
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

I also loved how she forced Dento to dress up, they're such good friends. That's why I love our BW trio, it's so enjoyable, has great chemistry and feels like an actual family. Also, did anyone notice Iris had electro motif and Dent had fire motif? Zekrom and Reshiram? Yin and yang? Black and white? :P

Excellent! Let's hope Oshawott becomes pathetic after evolving as well. :P
    Oshawott will never evolve because,like herpes,Oshawott will never vanish.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I'm pretty sure there's a closet in Axew's bedroom inside Iris's hair that is full of clothes. That would also explain the snow clothes they were wearing that magically appeared at the Icirrus Gym :P

16. Default

Ew. I didn't like that Pignite defeated Homika's Scolipede so easily, but I'm not surprised that nobody is complaining about it; everyone and their parents stan for Pignite. But this points to Pignite being the powerhouse of Ash's team; I guess there's no reason for Oshawott to evolve now. Anyway, I loved that Iris was cheering for Ash so enthusiastically, even if it was for her own reasons. It seems Palpitoad wasn't dead after all, but the fact that it was overwhelmed by Garbodor was ridiculous; the writers just love trolling that thing. It was a good Gym battle all around, and I'm glad it's over since the speculation was getting too overwhelming imo.

Thank you for accepting that.

Not so much that Chao/Pig is a powerhouse, and moreso that the Pendra/pede was a pushover.

Well, I'm disappointed. Ash won his last badge in a Poison Gym that was blatant advertising. Opelucid was left in the shadows...

I'm hollering. Why would you use Turtwig's evolution as an example; need I remind you how pathetic Turtwig became when he finally evolved into Grotle, and then from Grotle into Torterra? You're really reaching this time. I think everyone can see that Pignite is going to become the next powerhouse, much like Charizard and Infernape before him.
    Why does it matter whether Torterra was poorly treated? Your practically saying Pignite is the main starter and therefore no other starter can evolve, im stating that we've had two fully evolved starters before. Nothing about how they're treated.

And it makes me laugh how your missing out Sceptile, as if your trying to hint that only the fire types can be the main starter.

Why does it matter whether Torterra was poorly treated? Your practically saying Pignite is the main starter and therefore no other starter can evolve, im stating that we've had two fully evolved starters before. Nothing about how they're treated.

And it makes me laugh how your missing out Sceptile, as if your trying to hint that only the fire types can be the main starter.
    My point was that even though Turtwig did evolve in the presence of another powerhouse (Chimchar's line), his evolution only made things worse for Ash's team because he became useless due to his mobility issues and a bunch of other problems. Let's face it, he was better as a Turtwig. I don't know why anyone would want another pointless evolution. Let's just be glad that Ash's team is finally shaping up, even if we have yet another Fire-type powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    Pardon me, but I'm a bit confused. According to Homika's character bio, Garbador used 5 moves in its battle: Double Slap, Slam, Hyper Beam, Gunk Shot, and Venoshock. Is this true, and if it is, why?! Ever since DP started the anime has been consitent that a Pokemon will only uyse a max of 4 moves during any battle (unless it evolves, which in that case the Pokemon will still only use 4 total moves), so why did they break this rule randomly now. Surely Garbador would be fine without one of those moves, so i see no reason to bring back the days of Orange League Drake's Dragonite. i considered these episodes rediculous enough with it being a 3 vs 6 and the promotion of a weak gymleader for the sake of advertising, but if Garbador really used 5 moves... well, I don't know.

Who was in charge of writing this episode? I want someone to blame (besides myself for getting too excited about something in BW).
    Nope no Slam. Serebii is sometimes incorrect in some moves in the pokemon's bios.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    blatant advertising
    Welcome to Best Wishes.

Next week: More blatant advertising!

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Welcome to Best Wishes.

Next week: More blatant advertising!
    Don't be silly, the Pokemon tv show is and will always be about advertising how many years you've been watching the anime? *facepalm*
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 14th June 2012 at 9:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Don't be silly, Pokemon is and will always be about advertising how many years you've been watching the anime? *facepalm*
    It wasn't always so obvious though. Not that I have a problem with Ash battling Homika instead of Drayden; I just thought it was weird that Ash battled against her in Best Wishes instead of Best Wishes 2. If they were going to promote a BW2 character, they should have done it right.

The gym battle delivered overall. I would have rather had Unfezant defeating Scolipede instead of Pignite, but I'll take it. It was a surprisingly well paced battle with it only being a 6vs3.

All in all, Homika owns. And next time is a new beginning, I guess!

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

My point was that even though Turtwig did evolve in the presence of another powerhouse (Chimchar's line), his evolution only made things worse for Ash's team because he became useless due to his mobility issues and a bunch of other problems. Let's face it, he was better as a Turtwig. I don't know why anyone would want another pointless evolution.
    Alright yes. He definetly was better off as Turtwig, but we've already seen that Oshawott evolving into Dewott would not cause him any problems. We haven't seen Samurotts mobility/speed yet so I won't argue back with a solid factor, but Samurott definetly seems capable of moving fast so i don't see the problem.

Personally to me this just seems like one of your posts that tries to spark up reasons on Oshawott staying unevolved.

Let's just be glad that Ash's team is finally shaping up, even if we have yet another Fire-type powerhouse.
    Eh his team hasn't shaped up any differently than when Pignite evolved, and the last time I checked quite a few people were unhappy with the amount of unevolved Pokemon at this point. His team definetly looks shaped up in this battle that's for sure considering he's used all of his evolved Pokemon. Pignite is a fire type powerhouse yes, but there's no point acting like he's the main starter, It's too early to judge.

Like you said though, we should all be glad. And in order to be glad, i'd like to hope Oshawott will either:

-stay unevolved but look and battle like a major powerhouse
    -evolve and become a powerhouse
    -become the main starter as a samurott
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 14th June 2012 at 9:59 PM.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast