Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 309

Thread: Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

  1. #176
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    808

    Default

    I still think it was not a good idea to make Ash use up 6 Pokemons against Homika. Ash beat all other gym leaders with 3 or sometimes even less.

    Are they really saying Homika is better than all other gym leaders?
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Why did this have to be a 6 on 3 battle? I honestly expected more from this battle. Why bother have palpitoad in the battle? After not being seen since the 5th battle that's the way to bring it back? But if that's how they want him to get the badge then ok.....
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  3. #178
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Everyone who is whining about Pignite beating Scolipede should really find something else to do with their time.
    Why in gods name is anyone whining about this? it makes all the sense in the world.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekorean View Post
    I still think it was not a good idea to make Ash use up 6 Pokemons against Homika. Ash beat all other gym leaders with 3 or sometimes even less.

    Are they really saying Homika is better than all other gym leaders?
    It's either that, or it's to make Ash realize that he can't just neglect his reserves and expect them to sweep, just because that was the case with Kingler (and Muk to a lesser extent). I'm personally leaning more towards the former theory, actually, mainly because that battle made me proud to be a lover of the Poison-type.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    My point was that even though Turtwig did evolve in the presence of another powerhouse (Chimchar's line), his evolution only made things worse for Ash's team because he became useless due to his mobility issues and a bunch of other problems. Let's face it, he was better as a Turtwig. I don't know why anyone would want another pointless evolution. Let's just be glad that Ash's team is finally shaping up, even if we have yet another Fire-type powerhouse.
    How come no one understands the glaring flaws in their argument?

    Turtwig evolved first and Grotle was used more than Monferno, yet Infernape was overall treated better while Torterra wasn't.

    That's the point Kira that you seem to be forgetting. Just because Pignite is getting lots of screentime and focus doesn't mean it's the Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape of Unova.

    Let's wait until 6th gen is around the corner before judging.

    As for me and this idiotic gym battle. The only thing good about it was Leavanny getting a win. But it was definitely better than Nimbasa's gym.

    Was not worthy of being the 8th gym. To make matters even worse, ONLY Pikachu was in the end with "I got the toxic Badge"

    I can never stop watching Pokemon Anime (as if I have anything else to watch). But the idiocy and problems of best wishes was obvious here.

    I'd say the writers should be ashamed of themselves, but the only thing they care about is their next paycheck.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekorean View Post
    Why in gods name is anyone whining about this? it makes all the sense in the world.
    because they don't make any sense at all. I because because it got a win in the last battle but it still makes no sense.
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    As for me and this idiotic gym battle. The only thing good about it was Leavanny getting a win. But it was definitely better than Nimbasa's gym.

    Was not worthy of being the 8th gym. To make matters even worse, ONLY Pikachu was in the end with "I got the toxic Badge"

    I can never stop watching Pokemon Anime (as if I have anything else to watch). But the idiocy and problems of best wishes was obvious here.

    I'd say the writers should be ashamed of themselves, but the only thing they care about is their next paycheck.
    I couldn't agree more... yeah, I did find some good aspects, but there was just so much going wrong here.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    My List of gyms from favorite to least favorite

    1. Clay
    2. Skyla
    3. Brycen
    4. Burgh
    5. Triplets
    6. Lenora
    7. Homika
    8. Elesa

    Half were good and the other half were bad.

    Random : PokéRadar


  9. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    I really think people are too fixated at counting the wins each Pokemon gets. Let's say Pignite beating Scolipede and doing so well against Garbodor was the first time you've ever seen it in action. You'd probably think it was cool, had good animation, that sure is a strong Pokemon and such. But then you realize that this Pokemon has actually *GASP* BEATEN STUFF BEFORE!? THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!! Sure, if Pikachu beat more than one, THEN it'd just be plain annoying, but this shouldn't be so bad, at least only one of Ash Pokes went down without really doing anything and he has already definitely proven himself before.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  10. #185
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your heart
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Didn't the poisoned pokémon look they were paralyzed? People should stop whinning about everything, things would be so much easier if people just relax and accept things just the way they are

  11. #186
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Didn't the poisoned pokémon look they were paralyzed? People should stop whinning about everything, things would be so much easier if people just relax and accept things just the way they are
    No, they we're "badly poisoned." In the games badly poisoned drains HP faster, but I guess it's crippling in the anime.

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  12. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    People should stop whinning about everything, things would be so much easier if people just relax and accept things just the way they are
    Why? This makes no sense. This is a terrible stance to take, no matter what the subject at hand is.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your heart
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Whine about it one time or two times is acceptable everyone is free of doing that, however when this limit is surprassed it's just plain annoying and adds nothing to this forum. At least it's what i think

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Ew. I didn't like that Pignite defeated Homika's Scolipede so easily, but I'm not surprised that nobody is complaining about it; everyone and their parents stan for Pignite. But this points to Pignite being the powerhouse of Ash's team; I guess there's no reason for Oshawott to evolve now. Anyway, I loved that Iris was cheering for Ash so enthusiastically, even if it was for her own reasons. It seems Palpitoad wasn't dead after all, but the fact that it was overwhelmed by Garbodor was ridiculous; the writers just love trolling that thing. It was a good Gym battle all around, and I'm glad it's over since the speculation was getting too overwhelming imo.


    Honestly, it was obvious to me that Pignite struggled in this battle too! It was poisoned, and got his win due to fire pledge. This was not an easy win at all. I think the battle with Garbodor also showed that fire pledge isn't the all mighty move ever since Venoshock went through it. That battle was pretty epic IMO. Palpitoad's was okay, but I just wished that one of the move would have connected at least. Also, I kind of feel that if it were just 3 vs. 3 with Leavanny, Pignite, and Pikachu Ash would have won. Sure Unfezant and Boldore got some good hits in, and Palpitoad might have took some energy from Garbordor after fighting it. But, I do feel that the results would have been the same!

    Also, I think this battle (and I hope this battle) showed Ash that he needs to work on his reserves more!

    I was very disappointed that there were no new moves, and that the only special ability shown was Pikachu's static.

    Also, I think the fact that it came down to Pikachu showed that Pikachu was the main star of Best Wishes 1, since there wasn't a theme in this arc.

    I have a feeling BW2 will be more like DP in which one or two of the starters will have the central role and be the star of the battles. I feel like Pignite/Emboar or the eventual or not-eventual Dewott/Samurott? will be the main star next season. Especially with Oshawott seeming to appear 20x more.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  15. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    Honestly, it was obvious to me that Pignite struggled in this battle too! It was poisoned, and got his win due to fire pledge. This was not an easy win at all. I think the battle with Garbodor also showed that fire pledge isn't the all mighty move ever since Venoshock went through it. That battle was pretty epic IMO. Palpitoad's was okay, but I just wished that one of the move would have connected at least. Also, I kind of feel that if it were just 3 vs. 3 with Leavanny, Pignite, and Pikachu Ash would have won. Sure Unfezant and Boldore got some good hits in, and Palpitoad might have took some energy from Garbordor after fighting it. But, I do feel that the results would have been the same!

    Also, I think this battle (and I hope this battle) showed Ash that he needs to work on his reserves more!
    Wasn't it Hyper Beam that cut through?

    And yes Ash needs to use his reserves more.

    Random : PokéRadar


  16. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I really think people are too fixated at counting the wins each Pokemon gets. Let's say Pignite beating Scolipede and doing so well against Garbodor was the first time you've ever seen it in action. You'd probably think it was cool, had good animation, that sure is a strong Pokemon and such. But then you realize that this Pokemon has actually *GASP* BEATEN STUFF BEFORE!? THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!! Sure, if Pikachu beat more than one, THEN it'd just be plain annoying, but this shouldn't be so bad, at least only one of Ash Pokes went down without really doing anything and he has already definitely proven himself before.
    Agreeing with you. People take this show far, far too seriously (myself included at times).

    It's a kid's show meant to advertise a kid's game. If you were expecting fabulous writing and deep storylines, go to some other show. Sure, I hate the fact that Palpitoad was missing for thirty episodes (which is actually pretty bad, even for this show) and the fact that the reserves get dire treatment, but this obsessive complaining over every little thing is just ridiculous. Seriously, the show will never be what you want it to be. Just go with it.

    Just watch the show and enjoy it, instead of analysing who has this amount of wins and why x Pokemon deserved to evolve. Watch this battle without... 'thinking' (for lack of a better word), and what do you see? An exciting, well-paced battle. But then, if you go overboard, you just see reserves losing again. I know that seeing Pikachu and Pignite win again and again is annoying, but jeez, every episode has a slew of people *****ing about it afterwards.

    I'm not saying that we should never complain (it's a forum--we're supposed to discuss our thoughts, and it's good to critique the show), but it's getting really tiresome to see people just complaining and moaning about almost everything that happens all of the time. Just watch it for what it is--a kid's show.

    I do think that Best Wishes has only managed to be better than Johto, but I don't think I've ever seen people happy around here. :|
    Last edited by Valoo.; 15th June 2012 at 10:35 PM.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Finally watched the episode and its 10x better then I though it was in the pictures.

    My thoughs

    -Homika is awesome and Koffing is freaking cute
    -The Boldore and Unfezant battles were pretty damn good even though they lost
    -Loved how Leavanny beat Koffing and their battle was also good, Koffing was really overpowered though, that thing took so much damage from the previows two pokemon
    -Homika is awesome
    -Scolipede beat Leavanny easy so nothing special happened, though it was cool that they still took the time to put a cool strategy, Scolipede stiched him with rocks to the ground and finished him off
    -Scolpiede vs Pignite, not much happened, Scolipede got owned
    -Garbodor vs Pignite, wow now Pignite was even a bigger tank then Koffing here, the thing fought after taking so much damage, this figth was definetly cool and well animated/though too
    -Gabodor vs Palpitoad, seeing comments it looked like Palpitoad did bad, he actually lasted sometime, but yeah got poisoned to death
    -Garbodor vs Pikachu, awesome battle by both parts, well though, well animated, good final figth

    -----------------------

    They could have given Homika atleast one more pokemon to make Koffing not look so exageratly strong.

    Liked how the theme was poisoning to win.

    Regardless of if we are happy about who won or not, the battles where well though and well animated, the gym was pretty good.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    My List of gyms from favorite to least favorite

    1. Clay
    2. Skyla
    3. Brycen
    4. Burgh
    5. Triplets
    6. Lenora
    7. Homika
    8. Elesa

    Half were good and the other half were bad.
    That's probably how I'd rank them as well, if only because they were pretty exciting and more balanced
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I was very disappointed that there were no new moves, and that the only special ability shown was Pikachu's static.
    Dont you think it makes Ash look even worse when he ends up winning on the mirage of a luck-based ability? I think having only old moves and showing Ash and his team refining those old strategies (on moves and movement alone) is training.

    Bringing in new move after new move and praying that his Pokemon get lucky with their abilities.........I dunno, call me a cartoon purist but I think, as in sport you play one way, refine that way and dont rely on the weather, opponent flaws etc to get yourself the win?




  20. #195
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I do think that Best Wishes has only managed to be better than Johto, but I don't think I've ever seen people happy around here. :|
    Sis, you're tripping. Almost everyone here loves BW. They treat it with reverence, like it's the second coming of Christ. But anyway, I'm just shocked that some people are complaining about Pignite's easy victory against Scolipede, mostly because these are the exact same people who claim that he's one of the strongest Pokemon on Ash's team. Either people changed their minds about it overnight, or they're just looking for something to complain about.

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post

    I was very disappointed that there were no new moves, and that the only special ability shown was Pikachu's static.
    Well, the green static after the first Energy Ball was Energy Ball's secondary effect, Dogasu/coughing's SP.Def was lowered; Dento even made note of it as usual.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dream Land
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Nope no Slam. Serebii is sometimes incorrect in some moves in the pokemon's bios.
    Thank you, that is certantly a releif to me. These episodes are not perfect in my eyes, but I'm still glad the writters didn't break every rule in this episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Sis, you're tripping. Almost everyone here loves BW. They treat it with reverence, like it's the second coming of Christ. But anyway, I'm just shocked that some people are complaining about Pignite's easy victory against Scolipede, mostly because these are the exact same people who claim that he's one of the strongest Pokemon on Ash's team. Either people changed their minds about it overnight, or they're just looking for something to complain about.
    While I commend you use of almost to prevent a generalization, I'm pretty sure BW isn't as loved as it may seem. I certantly see plenty of post that discuss this saga's flaws and imperfections. It doesn't help that we live in a world where if someone isn't happy and content with a subject then they have to GTFO. As for Pignite, I'm sure not all of them are flip floppers of oppinions; this fandom is huge, so it is foolish to think everyone is in agreement on any one subject. I believe that its more likely that people who always had issues with Pignite are just stepping out of the woodworks because they now have an example to explain their view. People who don't have Pignite problems are just staying quiet or acting positive to their own views. It is also possible that just because a person loves how strong Pignite is does not mean the person has to love every battle it participates in.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:



    All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

    If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

    And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

    I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often


  23. Default

    Let's face it, all of Ash's team did great, except for Gantle(rock) and Gamagaru(frog).

    Kenhollow(bird) did lose but she put up a good fight.


    As for Homika, she had an interesting personality, and the fact that she'd heal Chaobuu(pig) and Pikachu(albeit Pika's battle was over). And she wasn't as cocky as the other female Gym leaders(see Aloe#2 and Fuuro#6, and Kamitsure#4 to a lesser extent).

    Overall this was my favorite Gym this region.

    Also Homika had a great seiyuu(VActor).

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Question, is this the first time any gym leader has used only three pokemon while Ash used all of his six? It sounds interesting but if i was Ash i wouldn't have been happy since she gave him an advantage. He still has a long way to go.
    Last edited by zeno48; 16th June 2012 at 6:41 AM.

    The World God Only knows

  25. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Quetion, is this the first time any gym leader has used only three pokemon while Ash used all of his six? It sounds interesting but if i was Ash i wouldn't have been happy since she gave him an advantage. He still has a long way to go.
    She was having too easy of a time, with her prior 3 vs 3 matches.

    Homika was looking to challenge herself, also she was EXTREMELY confident in her Pokemon's abilities, though def. not cocky.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •