Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Poké-Type Tournament!

Default The Ultimate Poké-Type Tournament!

Current Round: Hoenn Electric-Types
    Eliminated:

Still Competing:

In this game, we will set off to find SPPF's favorite Pokemon, in a bracket tournament style of epic proportions. We will do it by type, so first we will find the favorite Pokemon of each type. Unlike other games, there are no nominations or anything like that. We will include every single Pokemon in the tournament, including alternate forms (except for Unown, Spinda, and minor gender differences). It will take much longer that way, but that's the fun of the game. It will probably take several months to finish. I may include a non-bracket voting style every once in a while to switch things up and even out the numbers.

The entire competition will have 3 phases: the Preliminaries, the Semifinals, and the Finals.

For the preliminaries, we will go by generation and by type. There will be 82 rounds total (some much longer than others). 17 types x 5 generations = 85, minus 3 since gen 1 has no dark-types, and gen 2 has only one dragon- and ghost-type, so there does not need to be a competition.

During the preliminaries, the following scenarios may occur:

Pairs: I will post a pair of Pokemon, and you will vote on which Pokemon you want to move on to the next round. The first Pokemon to receive 10* votes total, or get 5* more votes than the other Pokemon in the pair, will move on, and the other will be eliminated.

Regular Trios: I will post 3 Pokemon, and you will vote for your favorite. The first two Pokemon out of the three to make it to 5* votes will advance, and the third will be eliminated.

Crazy Trios: I will post 3 Pokemon, and you will vote for your favorite. The first Pokemon to receive 10* votes will advance. The other two will be eliminated.

Sudden Death: This will include all the Pokemon that have not yet been eliminated from the round. You will PM me your least favorite Pokemon in the round, and the one with the most votes will be eliminated. TALKING TO OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT THE VOTE BEFORE THE RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED IS NOT ALLOWED!

Abandon: All the Pokemon remaining in the round are free to select. You select the Pokemon you want to move on, and that Pokemon is safe. The last Pokemon remaining that is not selected is eliminated.

Double Abandon: Same as Abandon, but you select two Pokemon instead of one.

*Numbers may change depending on how many people participate.

At the end of the Preliminaries, there will be one Pokemon per type per generation, leaving 85 total semifinalists. It is possible that one Pokemon will appear as a semifinalist more than once. However, a Pokemon won't ever be pit against itself unless it makes it to the finals both times, which is very unlikely.

Then come the Semifinals. There will be 16 groups of 5 and one group of 4 (for dark types). Each group has one Pokemon of its type from each generation. Each group will undergo a survivor-style elimination until there is one favorite from each type. At the end, there will be 17 finalists: one from each type.

After that are the Finals. The 17 remaining Pokemon will compete in one sudden death round, where people will PM me their least favorite, and at the end, the one with the most votes will be eliminated. Then, the 16 remaining contestants will be put in another bracket tournament. They will be narrowed down to 8, then 4, then 2, and then the winner will be decided.

Spoiler:- Pokémon in Semifinals:

So let's get started with the preliminaries. Each of the 82 rounds will happen in a randomly decided order so there's variety. So let's get started with
    Round 1: Johto Water Types.

We'll start by separating them into groups of 3, and you guys will vote on which Pokemon to eliminate from each group. The Pokemon with the most votes will be eliminated.
    So here is the first group:
    Last edited by {(•)___(•)}; 15th January 2013 at 8:53 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Eliminating Suicune.

To a mod: Is there any way this can go into the regular games section? I mean, Survivor gets to be there and that's a little face-offy too. It's just that not very many people come to this section, and this game already takes a really long time as it is. If it makes a difference, I can add other aspects to it that make it more than just a face-off. Like every round there can be a prediction worth the same number of points as the number of Pokemon in the round. At the end, the person with the most points wins. If I included that, would it be possible to move it back to the Games section?

EDIT: I just added the prediction rules to the OP. Now it's a competition between people as well, not just between Pokemon.
    Last edited by {(•)___(•)}; 17th June 2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    To a mod: Is there any way this can go into the regular games section? I mean, Survivor gets to be there and that's a little face-offy too. It's just that not very many people come to this section, and this game already takes a really long time as it is. If it makes a difference, I can add other aspects to it that make it more than just a face-off. Like every round there can be a prediction worth the same number of points as the number of Pokemon in the round. At the end, the person with the most points wins. If I included that, would it be possible to move it back to the Games section?

EDIT: I just added the prediction rules to the OP. Now it's a competition between people as well, not just between Pokemon.
    Survivor is a face-off at heart, but several of its elements [prediction, mystery theme, member-suggested themes] merit it enough member-interactiveness to be a game. I have long debated the possibility of moving Survivor to the Face-Offs section, and the possibility isn't as unreachable as one would think, but right now I think it should stay in the Games section.

Now, should you include prediction as your reason for moving this to the games section, then this would pretty much be a copy of Survivor (moreso that this very idea was featured as one of their big rounds), which would mean I would have to close this following the rules of "No two closely similar games must be active at one time." Yes, I myself am a bit frustrated of the lack of activity in this section, and I really miss the days when that wasn't the case, but following the rules this will have to stay here.

And I'm eliminating Octillery.

Berries -- Escape Rope -- A Friday

images were taken from three specific pages of Serebii.net

Alright, I'll get rid of the prediction part. I guess this'll take much longer than I thought. Oh well...

Votes:
    Last edited by {(•)___(•)}; 18th June 2012 at 6:07 AM.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

eliminating Mantine
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Eliminating Octillery

eliminate Mantine
    don't know any about ev or iv or nature~~

GMT +8
    (Diamond)
    Name: CAPE
    FC: 0819-8691-8293

yay, i love Quilava and i don't do it intentionally~

Don't worry face, I'll try to talk to SC and see if we can get people from survivor to vote here to not let your work go to waste. SC and I have always wanted to do a set with every single Pokemon, but due to the length and the fact it would take meaning out of the rest of the game we've never done it. This thread can help.

Eliminating Mantine

Eliminating Mantine
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

I want to E-LIM-IN-ATE Mantine.

Credit to Rayquaza The First

I can't seem to stay here, can I?

Ill eliminate suicune!

Eliminate Suicune.

Eliminating Mantine.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Eliminating Mantine. *Subscribes so I won't forget this place*

Never Give Up

Eliminating Octillery.

Hm. Interesting idea. Let's go with Suicune.

Eliminating Octillery

~Credits to myself~

Wow, thanks for coming guys! I was worried nobody would come since it's in the face-off section, but I guess it worked out! Special thanks to ER and SC for advertising

By the way, I need a few official tallyists to help me out. Anyone want to sign up?

Tally:
    Mantine: 7
    Suicune: 5 (my vote, which I just realized I completely forgot)
    Octillery: 4

Also, good idea Bekidding, make sure to subscribe!!! It's easy to forget a thread when it's in a pretty deserted section like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    Hm. Interesting idea. Let's go with Suicune.
    Oh, I forgot to mention, please be clear about what you are doing. There will be some "eliminate" rounds and some "choose one to go through" rounds. Some people might accidentally do the wrong thing because they're used to something else, but if you're clear, then we'll be able to correct you so that you don't vote the opposite way that you intended.
    Last edited by {(•)___(•)}; 19th June 2012 at 12:52 AM.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

^ Exactly what i just VM'ed them, if thats why you put that there ;D. Octillery again please

~Credits to myself~

Eliminating Octillery
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/5dvt74.png[/IMG]
    Click Here for my deviantART

Random Person: hey, wat r u up 2 rite nao?
    Me: Not much. Was just about to throw a dictionary at your face, that's all.
        Spoiler:- Claims & Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Skamory7 View Post
    Octillery again please
    You can only vote once per pair/trio. Youu'll have to wait until one of these three gets eliminated before you can vote again.

BTW, InfernalBlaze is now an official tallyist. Let's get a few more.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    You can only vote once per pair/trio. Youu'll have to wait until one of these three gets eliminated before you can vote again.

BTW, InfernalBlaze is now an official tallyist. Let's get a few more.
    okay, well that sucks... ill just wait then. let's just hope octillery gets out

~Credits to myself~

I vote Octillery out.
    Mantine, your next.
    SUICUNE MUST SURVIVE.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

Mantine: 7
    Octillery: 6
    Suicune: 5

Spite and HydroSwampert are now official tallyists. How about one more?
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast