Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #77

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftGrovyle View Post
    They are all goats. Think about it, I know they are supposed to be musketeers, but they do look that way.
    Terrakion is a mountain goat. A rather bulky one too. Bahahahaha! (XD)

Other options
    Work up and running mixed with maybe Hp fire, to make things interesting.
    Ariel ace if it ever meets Heracross, and also, if smogon gets funny and bans this guy to the ubers sometime, then it can take care of Shedninja...(I know about Rock stab, just joking)
    Reflect and Calm mind can both be run, though perfered together if you are running special scare.
    Focus blast is for the special set. Name the hidden power you want (31 all Ivs for dark!)
    Quick attack... Even the dumb kids know better. Seriously, it was only good for Scizor in 3rd gen.

This guy should get Megahorn. After all, Donphan can bounce.
    Special terrakion LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Special Terra is like using Swords Dance Roserade, leave special fighting to Mienshao or Lucario.

hoo boy,Terakion. He has the stats, STABs and movepool to become the ultimate physical sweeper. Arceus has really blessed this pokemon with everything it needs to succeed and remains one of the biggest threats in OU for his ability to 2KO everything in the tier between just 2 moves. Countering this is going to be fun...

Counters
    I think Terakion wins the trophy for "most difficult pokemon to switch into". Gliscor and Slowbro are both good bets being able to eat Close Combat and avoid a 2KO from CB Stone Edge and mitigate hazards through Regenerator/Poison Heal. If they take repeated hits, have already taken damage or if Terakion has boosted with SD, they won't be able to take it on. Hippowdon also gets a mention as he can Slack Off Close Combats and prey on Terakions lowered Def with Earthquake or Roar it out if it tries to setup on it.
    And that's where Terakion's OU 'counters' end. It has quite a few checks but they are all 2KO or OHKOed by the appropiate STAB move. Priority is great as Terakion is weak to all common priority moves bar ExtremeSpeed. Scizor, Azumarill, Conkledurr, you know who they are. Various other pokemon can revenge it using their naturally high speed. Dugtrio and Gengar get special mentions for trapping the musketeer and Disabling Stone Edge respectively. And, of course, your Scarfers: Landorus, Rotom-W, Latios etc. also revenge kill Terakion.

Annoyingly, Terakion actually has a lot of counters in lower tiers. Golurk, Claydol, Nidoking and a few others are much better at standing up to Terakion than anything OU. Outside of countering him, these pokemon, tend not to carry their weight for the team.

Terakion is a very threatening Pokemon. He has a near-perfect combination of stats, typing and movepool that brings the tiers defensive pokemon to their knees begging for mercy. Even his most of his counters are found in lower tiers and barely used where he wreaks havoc. Every team should have this pokemon in mind whether its trying to beat it or using it themselves. Either way, unless GameFreak introduce a Steel/Ghost type with the stats of Ferrothorn, Terakion is a threat that is hear to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I really find it amusing that this dangerous guy can be countered by lower tier Pokemon. Granted, I know they're just usage rates, but even so, it's still pretty awesome.

Can I just say that Terrakion owns the Double Subway with Rock Slide and Choice Scarf Beat Up Sneasel. EV Terra in in ATK/SPE, give it a Sitrus Berry for good measure and EV Sneasel SPE and anything but ATK to lessen damage to Terra and then you're away!
    Wonder Breeding Garden form Vivillon

TERRakion the TERRific pokemon... Seriously, when you look at terrakion and the other musketeers, one can only say "How unfair". 129 attack combined with 108 speed is crazy. It's rock/fight typing also gives it two strong stab options with stupidly great coverage! Defensively 91/90/90 defenses are nothing to laugh about and being a rock type, will boost it's special defense even higher in a sandstorm making it completely unpenetrable in the special defense area even stronger than Virizion!
    It's movepool contains the key moves to make it a fantastic sweeper but lacks the support options that cobalion and virizion have. But who needs support if it can demolish entire teams with a single blow!
    Terrakion is an assembled puzzle game, joined perfectly to make one of the deadliest physical sweepers around with marvelous stats, a rock/fighting typing that grants it an immunity to sandstorm while buffing it's special defense and two great stab moves. Everything just falls in place for this pokemon. It's only flaw is maybe the handful of weaknesses it's typing bring to it and due to them it is weak to some priority moves notably mach punch and aqua jet that hits it on the weaker defense stat (if in a sandstorm of course!).
    Last edited by Rayofquazar; 19th June 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlKirbyZombie View Post
    See, Smogon? This is why you shouldn't ban Excadrill.
    Anyways, many will consider the beat up justice combo. When this happens, CLEAR SMOG or HAZE!!!
    Actually, a good counter in doubles would a set based off of special Kingdra. With Kindra firing Dracos, and water, and the partner hazing, it is an equally powerful weapon. Especially now, with scald.

Who really needs a metal whack-a-mole-that's-angry-and-willing-to-bring-about-a-swift-death!? We has scald. Major Terrakion fear. That's why I run Careful instead of jolly or adamant. And the best part is it works better in sandstorm.

Wierd. Mountain goat wannabe 'musketeer' in a sandstorm = Terrakion.
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by jetlag45 View Post

ATTACK
    Terrakion @ Kings Rock/Life Orb/Choice items
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP /252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Sacred Sword
    - Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - X-scissor/Poison Jab/Return

pure attacker, i dont like wasting time to boost, thats y i have a baton passer

True enough.However their gonna see that a mile away and have either a Haze counter or pseudo Haze counter. Which is why Rock Polish is an option,Unless your using Choice Scarf cause he does have decent speed.

Also,love your mini sig. definitely made me laugh. Satoshi definitely making a list of harem that'll make takeshi jealous. though surprised Bianca isn't on the list since she always crashes next to him. hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by ClefairyRox View Post
    I really find it amusing that this dangerous guy can be countered by lower tier Pokemon. Granted, I know they're just usage rates, but even so, it's still pretty awesome.
    ...and that is why I preach "Tiers are crap" whenever necessary...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Getting this pokemon burned or paralysed is a good way to make it more manageable... So prankster sableye comes to my mind with priority will-o-wisp. A terrakion with half it's attack is barely this huge threat that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Couldn't agree more. So, more counters. Speed boost blaziken rocks it to shame with high jump kick. Excadrill is strong, so beware. Priority, as its defences are shody, it hates status,ect.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Couldn't agree more. So, more counters. Speed boost blaziken rocks it to shame with high jump kick. Excadrill is strong, so beware. Priority, as its defences are shody, it hates status,ect.
    Well in ubers terrakion isn't THAT successful like in OU it have lots pof counters ancd checks there.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Terrakion is pretty much one of the most dangerous, if not, is the most dangerous pokemon in OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Flaw with this logic is that besides countering Terrakion, Pokemon like Claydol, Nidoqueen and the ground ghost (W/E it's called) suck. Sure they all have niches but it isn't really worth a team slot for them when you can cover Terrakion + whatever they do through other means.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlKirbyZombie View Post
    See, Smogon? This is why you shouldn't ban Excadrill.

Anyways, many will consider the beat up justice combo. When this happens, CLEAR SMOG or HAZE!!!
    Let's keep in one broken Pokemon to counter another? K.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    Smogon seems to be bad about putting down defensive playstyles and promoting hyper-offense...just look at their ban list, oddly placed pokemon in that list are solely there because they could potentially hinder the sweep of another "better" pokemon...and to think that they would dare say that they aren't overcentralizing the metagame :/......

Anywho, scizor is a great counter to terrakion if it can get in safe...on top of that azumarill (alibet weaker) is also a strong check as it is not usually ohko'd by jolly, if i remember correctly...neither get an ohko on the other, but aqua jet does pretty substantial damage...if you were to keep spikes on the field, it is feasible for a safe ko...of course phazing is a nifty option, as well as outright domination with some sort of overkill attack like an outlandishly powerful outrage or draco meteor from you know who
    No, not really. If anything it's the other way around. I don't see how banning Excadrill & Blaziken, two Pokemon with the potential to wreck the whole OU tier, is making it more hyper offensive.

Da fuq? Azumarill has a higher attack stat. CB Adamant Scizor reaches 591. CB Adamant Azumarill reaches 648.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayofquazar View Post
    Getting this pokemon burned or paralysed is a good way to make it more manageable... So prankster sableye comes to my mind with priority will-o-wisp. A terrakion with half it's attack is barely this huge threat that it is.
    And if it misses Willo your Sableye's gonna be one saaaaaaad panda.
    And what about OU?
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Lady Baltny❤ View Post
    No, not really. If anything it's the other way around. I don't see how banning Excadrill & Blaziken, two Pokemon with the potential to wreck the whole OU tier, is making it more hyper offensive.

Da fuq? Azumarill has a higher attack stat.
    Yea, please excuse my momentary lapsing of sanity...i was having one of those days where the dots didn't quite connect in the right places...things like terrakion get my brain overstressed

Just when i thought i had it figured out, i get my whole sand team slaughtered by this set:

Terrakion + Air Baloon
    Hasty + 252sp.Att/252Speed
    -Work Up
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Hidden Power Ice

Not only did it rip through hippowdon, but also (like i said earlier) my 5 other pokemon...made me feel like a b...
    Last edited by MetalCrow; 20th June 2012 at 10:03 AM.

And what about OU?
    Look at some of my previous posts.

@metal crow.
    I know how it feels when that happens. Air balloon is quite threatening with terrakion. In sandstorm, won't an excadrill's brick break destroy it, or scizors bullet punch? Currently revamping my sand team, so might add one of these in. Did you have excadrill or garchomp in your team?

Terrakion-from a triples perspective- is an absolute pain to take down granted Whimsicott has finished its duty.
    Whimsicott and Terrakion make ideal partners for each other: Whimsicott can tailwind whilst Terrakion guards or attacks.
    Turn 2-Whimsicott uses beat-up,boosting Terrakions attack stat to stupid levels at the price of a bit of HP.
    Terrakion kills everything in its path with rock slide.

Whilst it's predictable,taking precautions is vital for this common set-up:don't fall foul to it.

Use pokemon with access to Fake-Out,just in case Terrakion decides to attack on the turn tailwind's set up.

Wide Guard is also invaluable:if you see Terrakion in a triple battle,it's going to be using rockslide(which it'll likely be using in turn two of the battle.
    Finally, a fast & hard hitter is useful when beating Terrakion to the gun.Serperior,Sceptile or Starmie(etc.)are all invaluable given their high speeds and hard hitting stats,although Nidoqueen would fair pretty well too.There's no need to OHKO immediately either,as many situations will result in beat up KOing Terrakion given it's on low enough health(which is fun to watch ).

Rayofquazar"Getting this pokemon burned or paralysed is a good way to make it more manageable... So prankster sableye comes to my mind with priority will-o-wisp. A terrakion with half it's attack is barely this huge threat that it is."

This is true-tricking it a lagging tail would also work out well,as it's easily accounted for with no speed by the slower power
    houses such as Conkeldurr(who copes well anyway,actually)
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 20th June 2012 at 5:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    Terrakion-from a triples perspective- is an absolute pain to take down granted Whimsicott has finished its duty.
    Whimsicott and Terrakion make ideal partners for each other: Whimsicott can tailwind whilst Terrakion guards or attacks.
    Turn 2-Whimsicott uses beat-up,boosting Terrakions attack stat to stupid levels at the price of a bit of HP.
    Terrakion kills everything in its path with rock slide.

Whilst it's predictable,taking precautions is vital for this common set-up:don't fall foul to it.

Use pokemon with access to Fake-Out,just in case Terrakion decides to attack on the turn tailwind's set up.

Wide Guard is also invaluable:if you see Terrakion in a triple battle,it's going to be using rockslide(which it'll likely be using in turn two of the battle.
    Finally, a fast & hard hitter is useful when beating Terrakion to the gun.Serperior,Sceptile or Starmie(etc.)are all invaluable given their high speeds and hard hitting stats,although Nidoqueen would fair pretty well too.There's no need to OHKO immediately either,as many situations will result in beat up KOing Terrakion given it's on low enough health(which is fun to watch ).

Rayofquazar"Getting this pokemon burned or paralysed is a good way to make it more manageable... So prankster sableye comes to my mind with priority will-o-wisp. A terrakion with half it's attack is barely this huge threat that it is."

This is true-tricking it a lagging tail would also work out well,as it's easily accounted for with no speed by the slower power
    houses such as Conkeldurr(who copes well anyway,actually)
    They mainly use beat up, rock slide then tailwind, as normally 2 out of 4+ are defeated by rock slide. Air balloon is a right pain to deal with, so priority moves stop it dead. Ect,ect, one of the hardest to switch into, and hard to defeat. Anything that outspeeds it kills it. (If it has enough att or sp att.

And if it misses Willo your Sableye's gonna be one saaaaaaad panda.
    Well Will-O-wisp has a shaky accuracy... but it's a good way to incapacitate a physical sweeper.... Sure if it misses it will mean that you are dead but still it has a 7.5 chances to hit out of 10! And if you are using it, a prankster pokemon is the best user of this move since not a lot of pokemon outspeed terrakion, so priority is crucial to take it down!

Besides, is sableye based on a panda?
    Last edited by Rayofquazar; 20th June 2012 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayofquazar View Post
    Besides, is sableye based on a panda?
    Nah, it is too evil.

One key factor in facing Terrakion is preparation, just saying.

Look at some of my previous posts.

@metal crow.
    I know how it feels when that happens. Air balloon is quite threatening with terrakion. In sandstorm, won't an excadrill's brick break destroy it, or scizors bullet punch? Currently revamping my sand team, so might add one of these in. Did you have excadrill or garchomp in your team?
    No, i use pokemon online, and their tiering system place both excadrill and garchomp in ubers, and i didn't have a scizor at the time because it just doesn't mesh well with the rest of the team...having it would create a common weakness to fire within the team& fire is too common for a team to have that kind of problem

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    No, i use pokemon online, and their tiering system place both excadrill and garchomp in ubers, and i didn't have a scizor at the time because it just doesn't mesh well with the rest of the team...having it would create a common weakness to fire within the team& fire is too common for a team to have that kind of problem
    Thought you might use an online place with tiers. Would your other fire weakness be skarmory or ferrothorn? Anyway, more counters. Switch with a fast and strong pokemon with a focus sash allows one safe turn to KO it. Alakasam with psychic does well.

Thought you might use an online place with tiers. Would your other fire weakness be skarmory or ferrothorn? Anyway, more counters. Switch with a fast and strong pokemon with a focus sash allows one safe turn to KO it. Alakasam with psychic does well.
    My other fire weakness is rotom-c actually ...
    anywho, scarfed/rock polish terrakion will be able to outspeed & a scarf is pretty common for terrakion

Smogon seems to be bad about putting down defensive playstyles and promoting hyper-offense...just look at their ban list, oddly placed pokemon in that list are solely there because they could potentially hinder the sweep of another "better" pokemon...and to think that they would dare say that they aren't overcentralizing the metagame :/......
    It's not like smogon is labeling only offensive ones uber on purpose. It's easier to be offensively powerful with few who could stop you then defensively good without it being crushed by a powerful pokemon.

Let's look at some of the best defensive pokemon. Ferrothorn, Skarmroy, and Blissey. I don't think I need to point out how easy they are to play around. To play around Excadrill or other super powerful offensive pokemon, you need one of the very few pokemon that can stop it, or something that can revenge kill it, which is rare in Excadril/Blaziken's case.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast