Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 95

Thread: Community POTW #77

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta,Georgia
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Whew, a Pokemon with viablity in OU and Ubers, lets hope Blue Harvest gets the ubers side (PM me if you want help on Uber sets BH )

    Anywho, I <3 using this in doubles, mite even use it at Nationals in about 2 weeks, brb, writing double options

    I chase the dream, not the competition.


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Terrakion have a limited movepool but it have just what it needs in it Stone Edge, EQ, CC, Swords Dance, Rock Slide, X-Sccissors,rock polish.
    Most sets if not all were posted but the main problem with terrakion is... countering it

    I used azumarill lately and it does about 92% with choice band and adamant in the rain... (I lost a battle bcause of that so it isn't a safe check..

    +2 terrakion is hard to counter +2/+2 almost impossible (double booster set)

    Even Skarmory isn't a safe check it get 2HKO y the choice band set, gliscor might work for CC but SE still deal some damage.

    Pokemons that resist terraions' STABS: claydol,slowbro,nidoqueen,nidoking,golurk,croagunk
    Pokemons that resist all of terrakion moves: nothing

    The only pokemon that always manage to kill terrakion (I know about) is CB scizor bullet punch, that's why with this guy around scizor is also around to keep it checked.

    Out speeding him is another way to defeat it there are pleny of pokemons whom outspeed terrakion like gengar,latios,durant,starmie and etc if it rock polished you are in trouble, double booster sets are meant to sweep paralzing or burning those sets are terrakions bane .
    slowbro can survive even a banded X-sccisors and cripple him with a burn or paralyze.

    Anyway there is no safe counter but it can be countered by predicting right choice sets are locked into something so you just need to resist that move.. if it didn't boost yet it is strong but not THAT strong so physical walls like skarmory can whirlwind him and set hazard for his return gliscor can KO with earthquake if it boosted then scizor is your best check or other things that outspeed and have a SE STAB can beat it.

    beating terrakion is hard (without scizor) but possible you just need to predict right.

    EDIT: It is good I don't need to write the section I messed all out LOL anyway best checks scizor and golurk.
    Last edited by Ilan; 17th June 2012 at 11:59 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    456

    Default

    With a Base 129 Attack and dual-type like that, I must say that Terrakion is most definitely Arceus Potestas In Terra (the Power of Arceus on Earth). Base 72 Sp.Atk is forgettable, and even if Base Attack were Base 70, I'd still go for Attack over Sp.Atk with those STAB Types.

    Balanced Base 90 defenses with Base 91 HP is great. Plus, Terrak' Resists and is Weak to 6 Types (each). While Ground, Fighting, Water, and Psychic being among those Weaknesses isn't promising, Fire, Rock, and Dark being among those Resistances is. The Sp.Def boost in Sandstorm is quite nice, too. However, Terrak' doesn't resist Stealth Rock or Dark Type Moves as well as its Poke-brother-in-antlers, Cobal', can.

    Speed at Base 108 makes you the 4th fastest Rock Type behind Aerodactyl, Arceus, and Archeops. But consider these facts:
    -Only Arceus is more durable on the defending side (but is beyond-Uber and not always a Rock Type)
    -None of them resist Stealth Rock (Aerodactyl and Archeops are actually WEAK to it)
    -Only Archeops is stronger (but only above half HP and if Terrak' doesn't have the Attack buffs up)

    Overall, Terrakion is well built before analysis of its Moves, though not as defensive as Cobal' or Viriz' on their respective ends of the spectrum. Much like them, it has the signature Sacred Sword Move to ignore Defense buffs, but requires it less often through its raw power.

    As for Moves:
    -The Edge-quake and Slide-quake combos are in top form coming from Terrak', especially with Rock STAB
    -Close Combat is sweet, sweet power
    -Aerial Ace is there if you need it
    -Poison Jab is there if you want to chip damage off with a chance to Poison instead a guaranteed Toxic and no immediate damage
    -X-Scissor is good for Grass and/or Psychic Types (who both hold your weaknesses as STAB Types)
    -Double Kick is there for chipping through a Substitute
    Last edited by Kraleck; 18th June 2012 at 1:29 AM.
    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    With a Base 129 Attack and dual-type like that, I must say that Terrakion is most definitely Arceus Potestas In Terra (the Power of Arceus on Earth). Base 72 Sp.Atk is forgettable, and even if Base Attack were Base 70, I'd still go for Attack over Sp.Atk with those STAB Types.

    Balanced Base 90 defenses with Base 91 HP is great. Plus, Terrak' Resists and is Weak to 6 Types (each). While Ground, Fighting, Water, and Psychic being among those Weaknesses isn't promising, Fire, Rock, and Dark being among those Resistances is. The Sp.Def boost in Sandstorm is quite nice, too. However, Terrak' doesn't resist Stealth Rock or Dark Type Moves as well as its Poke-brother-in-antlers, Cobal', can.

    Speed at Base 108 makes you the 4th fastest Rock Type behind Aerodactyl, Arceus, and Archeops. But consider these facts:
    -Only Arceus is more durable on the defending side (but is beyond-Uber and not always a Rock Type)
    -None of them resist Stealth Rock (Aerodactyl and Archeops are actually WEAK to it)
    -Only Archeops is stronger (but only above half HP and if Terrak' doesn't have the Attack buffs up)

    Overall, Terrakion is well built before analysis of its Moves, though not as defensive as Cobal' or Viriz' on their respective ends of the spectrum. Much like them, it has the signature Sacred Sword Move to ignore Defense buffs, but requires it less often through its raw power.

    As for Moves:
    -The Edge-quake and Slide-quake combos are in top form coming from Terrak', especially with Rock STAB
    -Close Combat is sweet, sweet power
    -Aerial Ace is there if you need it
    -Poison Jab is there if you want to chip damage off with a chance to Poison instead a guaranteed Toxic and no immediate damage
    -X-Scissor is good for Grass and/or Psychic Types (who both hold your weaknesses as STAB Types)
    -Double Kick is there for chippping through a Substitute
    sorry poison jab is useless... the poison it brings isn't badly poison either.. so.. yeah useless.. AA is too weak (even when super effective it is weaker than close combat.. and *4 it is stronger but breeloom and virizion are frail in defense anyway. same for double kick...
    X-sccisors is good.. even more than earthquake cause fighting and ground coverage is quiete bad and now in gen 5 ground got so much nerfed... so better go with X-sccissors for the occassional slowbro or reuniculus speaking of reuniculus trick room is a fine way to counter terrakion if you set trick room up you end terrakion sweep but yu still have to take the hit and KO it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    109

    Default

    boring... four viable sets, no debate
    -CB/LO
    -CScarf
    -SD+RP
    -SubSD
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Why do none of you bring up hippowdon as a counter? It is the best choice against all but the strongest of terrakion in any situation...it resists the stone edge that everybody fears, and always ko's with earthquake...just saying, you people don't seem to notice such diamonds in the sands

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    Why do none of you bring up hippowdon as a counter? It is the best choice against all but the strongest of terrakion in any situation...it resists the stone edge that everybody fears, and always ko's with earthquake...just saying, you people don't seem to notice such diamonds in the sands
    Hippowdon can only take Close Combat so many times. Not only that, Terrakion would force its "counter" in, which is all it needs to use Swords Dance and be unstoppable. Not only that, switching into a Close Combat will likely take away over half of Hippowdon's health, guaranteed after Spikes/Stealth Rock. Otherwise, you're absolutely right. With a Curse set with Slack Off, that could be a pretty effective way to handle Terrakion.
    I claim Buizel.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    My home
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    ROCKS FALL ALL DIES!

    Non-single battle moveset for terrakion@Expert Belt/Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    EV: 252 Spd,
    -Rock Polish/X-Scissors
    -Rock Slide
    -(insert good fighting move here)/X-Scissors
    -EQ

    It has three awesome attacking moves with coverages! X-Scissors is mentioned as Claydol resists the rock-ground combination, so you either sacrifice your other STAB-move or your speed boost. However, I did not include Sword Dance because of this:

    Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    Ability: Prankster
    EV: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 Def
    IV: 0 Att
    -Beat Up
    -Protect
    -Stun Spore/Swagger/Encore
    -Trick Room

    With justified, Beat Up maximizes terrakion's attack stats, ranging from +4 to +6, depending on the battle mode and rules on how many players are allowed, while its own is minimized to reduce damage terrakion will receive.

    +4 and +6 will multiply terrakion's stat by 3. This is the reason why I left terrakion's EV incompleted-to calculate how much investment on Attack is already enough.
    Protect is for terrakion to safely use EQ. HP investment and type resistance does not necessary save whimsy.

    Move slot #3 is to hinder your oppoments further. Do take note that grasswhistle is illegal with beat up, so I excluded it.

    Trick Room may sound like a retarded choice, but its real purpose is to nullify the effects of TR, not starting it. All you need is to predict on which is the turn the oppoment uses TR.
    Last edited by pikadon92; 19th June 2012 at 12:53 AM.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Don't ship me with Canada
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    Whimsicott @
    Timid Nature
    Ability: Prankster
    EV: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 Def
    IV: 0 Att
    -Beat Up
    -Protect
    -Stun Spore/Swagger/Encore
    -Trick Room

    Beat Up maximizes terrakion's attack stats, ranging from +4 to +6, depending on the battle mode and rules on how many players are allowed, while its own is minimized to reduce damage terrakion will receive.
    +4 and +6 will multiply terrakion's stat by 3. This is the reason why I left terrakion's EV out-to calculate how much investment on Attack is already enough.
    Protect is for terrakion to safely use EQ. HP investment and type resistance does not necessary save whimsy.
    Move slot #3 is to hinder your oppoments further. Do take note that grasswhistle is illegal with beat up, so I excluded it.
    Trick Room may sound retarded, but its real purpose is to nullify the effects of TR, not starting it.
    Uh, might want to add tailwind since this helps Terrakion sweep faster, especially with Weavile allowing to use Beat Up on Terrakion better though Stun Spore has potential.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    My home
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    ^True, but my stadegy here is for terrakion to RP while whiscott beats up, giving the former 1 turn to set up into a monster sweeper, as compared to taking 2 turns of whimsicott setting terrakion up. Tailwind also would not make terrakion go first immediate simply due to its speed being raised.

    But of cource, if rock polished is replaced with X-Scissors, tailwind is a viable option.

    Also, I did not choose weavile because of its high attack stat and STAB. With beat up, it could have injure terrakion in the process.
    Last edited by pikadon92; 18th June 2012 at 3:52 AM.

  11. #36

    Default

    We go from the least-used to the most-used member of the Muskedeer squad that is available. Terrakion is quite simply a monster. It has a huge base 129 Attack stat, just a bit lower than that of Garchomp, Mamoswine, and Scizor. Like its fellow Muskedeers, it boasts a blazing base 108 Speed. Its 91/90/90 defenses mean it can take a few hits before going down. Finally, it has one of the best, if not THE best, STAB combination in the game, which helps make up for a relatively small movepool. The combination of Rock and Fighting inflicts supereffective damage on eight of the seventeen Pokemon types, and only a choice few Pokemon resist it. Defensively, it gives Terrakion several useful resistances (including a Stealth Rock resistance) as well as the 50% Sp. Defense boost in a Sandstorm. All this adds up to make Terrakion an extremely threatening Pokemon. Everyone playing in the OU and Uber tiers should be on the lookout for it.

    Recommended tiers: OU-Uber

    Justified is Terrakion's only ability, but it is extremely powerful when used properly. Every time Terrakion is hit with a Dark-type attack, its Attack stat raises one level. This abilty has great synergy with Beat Up and Terrakion's already huge Attack stat, which is why Whimsicott and Terrakion are popular together on Doubles and Triples teams.

    Close Combat and Stone Edge are where it's at with Terrakion. Just these two moves can deal massive amounts of damage to almost any Pokemon. If you don't like CC's Defense drops or SE's shaky accuracy, you can opt for the weaker Sacred Sword and Rock Slide instead. X-Scissor deals serious damage to Psychic types like Cresselia. Earthquake is usually a great move for a physical attacker, but Terrakion's STABs are almost always better. Terrakion can actually make mild use out of Quick Attack, especially on a Choice Band set, since there are Pokemon like Latios and Starmie that outrun it. Terrakion can also make fantastic use out of both Swords Dance and Rock Polish, and is a rarity in that it can viably run both moves on the same set.

    Double and Triple options: The Whimsicott/Terrakion combo is fearsome to behold. Whimsicott simply uses Beat Up on Terrakion, who proceeds to wreak the opponent's team with crazy-powerful Justified-boosted attacks. This combo has but a few counters, namely priority abusers and Trick Room. Be on the watch for it whenever you play Doubles or Triples.

    Countering Terrakion: It is INSANELY difficult to counter Terrakion. Very few Pokemon resist its STAB combo, and most of those that do exist in the lower tiers. Toxicroak, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, and Golurk are the primary examples. Once you figure out what Terrakion's running, it becomes a bit easier. The Banded set can be revenge killed. The Scarf set's hits are easier to take, meaning you can send in a physical wall like Skarmory. All Terrakion loathe to be burned, so Will-O-Wisp or Scald are fantastic ideas. Unaware Quagsire walls Sword Dancing Terrakion all day, especially if he carries Curse or Scald. Priority is a good idea, as Terrakion is weak to many priority moves. Scizor and Metagross' Bullet Punch, Azumarill's Aqua Jet, Infernape's Mach Punch, and Toxicroak's Vacuum Wave are just a few examples.
    Last edited by ClefairyRox; 18th June 2012 at 4:06 AM.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Don't ship me with Canada
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    ^True, but my stadegy here is for terrakion to RP while whiscott beats up, giving the former 1 turn to set up into a monster sweeper, as compared to taking 2 turns of whimsicott setting terrakion up. Tailwind also would not make terrakion go first immediate simply due to its speed being raised.

    But of cource, if rock polished is replaced with X-Scissors, tailwind is a viable option.

    Also, I did not choose weavile because of its high attack stat and STAB. With beat up, it could have injure terrakion in the process.

    Ah, that makes more sense since Weavile has a STAB with Beat Up and is better off with a Whimsicott with an IV of 0.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    sorry poison jab is useless... the poison it brings isn't badly poison either.. so.. yeah useless.. AA is too weak (even when super effective it is weaker than close combat.. and *4 it is stronger but breeloom and virizion are frail in defense anyway. same for double kick...
    X-sccisors is good.. even more than earthquake cause fighting and ground coverage is quiete bad and now in gen 5 ground got so much nerfed... so better go with X-sccissors for the occassional slowbro or reuniculus speaking of reuniculus trick room is a fine way to counter terrakion if you set trick room up you end terrakion sweep but yu still have to take the hit and KO it.
    I agree. However, Poison Jab does have a bit of punch (even if it is not a guaranteed Poisoning, the massive damage chip helps with Focus Sash KOs), Double Kick is only if you know the opponent you'll face personally and they like Substitutes, and Aerial Ace is only there for the perfect accuracy and not lowering your stats like CC does to your defenses. Otherwise, they're as forgettable as Terrak's Sp.Atk...

    As for taking this absolute-beast down, Stone Edge and Close Combat are weak links, despite their power. Will-o-Wisp access and Pressure Ability are huge assets for any Pokemon expecting to take Terrak' down. Eviolite-clops, Dusknoir, and Spiritomb have those, plus immunity to CC, but also have low Base HP and Speed.

    Prankster-cott's Tailwind can help your team if Terrak' doesn't have full Rock Polish buffs already. Prankster Sableye can use Will-o-Wisp or Confuse Ray, though has no durability to get in (outside of a KO-replacement situation). Likewise, Prankster Murkrow has Haze and no durability.

    Sturdy helps, but only before entry hazards, and Low Sweep and Bulldoze help even more. You may not get a KO with their damage, but you can take Terrak's Speed down a peg, especially if it has to come into you. If Terrak' is the one that has to come into something besides a Dark Type Move, it has a more difficult time with a setup. Earthquake, Surf, Psychic, Close Combat, and a few other common-Type power-Moves have a Type advantage that could be disastrous during setup.

    Countering Terrakion is easy. Countering it after it digs its feet into the high ground with buffs is impossible. Once buffed, all you can do is check it until its high ground erodes...
    Last edited by Kraleck; 18th June 2012 at 5:36 AM. Reason: Preventing a double-post
    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Terrakion is one of the best pokes in OU right now, in particular the Scarf and SubSD sets. SubSD wrecks stall and Scarf wrecks offensive teams w/o Scizor. Actually, Scizor is probably the thing that should send Terrakion packing if he even sees one and he's not behind a Sub.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Muscle Band/Life Orb
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Smack Down
    Close Combat/Sacred Sword
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace/X-scissor/Poison Jab/Swords Dance/Work Up

    Aerial Ace for Fighting. X-scissor and Poison Jab for Grass.

    Partners
    Beat-up users
    Sandstorm users
    Flying or Levitate-users if Earthquake is added

    Countering
    This pokemon's moveset is more physical and has more weaknesses than Colbalion.
    A defensive pokemon that knows Water/Grass/Fighting/Ground/Psychic/Steel-type atttacks like Leaf Blade Leafeon, Earthquake Gliscor, and Energy Ball/Dig Durant. If Trick Room is in effect, Metagross, Tangrowth, Crabhammer Kingler, Waterfall Huntail, Hydro Pump Gorebyss, and Seed Bomb/Wood Hammer Torterra.
    Will-o-wisp users like Night Shade/Energy Ball Cofagrigus and Dusknoir.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meowmeow View Post
    Hippowdon can only take Close Combat so many times. Not only that, Terrakion would force its "counter" in, which is all it needs to use Swords Dance and be unstoppable. Not only that, switching into a Close Combat will likely take away over half of Hippowdon's health, guaranteed after Spikes/Stealth Rock. Otherwise, you're absolutely right. With a Curse set with Slack Off, that could be a pretty effective way to handle Terrakion.
    Hippowdon has access to slack off for recovery, and only takes more than 50% damage from a choice band adamant close combat or at +2...the turn used to boost is a safe switch for hippowdon and jolly terrakion never does more than 45% (based on plenty of experience) ...entry hazards are something that can also be taken care of with appropriate team support...idk what you mean by forcing acounter in, but last time i checked, it doesn't get u-turn so whatever you mean, it could be abused by both sides...hippowdon could heal up while terrakion switches out, while it will ko terrakion if it chooses to stay in...it's all mind games my dear watson

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    You can use different words for this pun, meaning you can recycle a little.
    And POTW is covering the Three Musketeers (Will Keldeo be included as well?), so some puns can be reused.
    Nah that's stupid, you have to open your mind to the possibilities,
    for example Terrakion, when I look at it I see a 'Bull' or 'Pitbull' as someone mentioned
    so its time for Bull puns ^^

    -Long horn red horn
    -Take the bull by the horns
    -Becoming the Bull
    -********
    -Bull Fight Dance
    Hell this whole Potw is full of Bull


  18. #43

    Default

    See, Smogon? This is why you shouldn't ban Excadrill.

    Anyways, many will consider the beat up justice combo. When this happens, CLEAR SMOG or HAZE!!!

    My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlKirbyZombie View Post
    See, Smogon? This is why you shouldn't ban Excadrill.

    Anyways, many will consider the beat up justice combo. When this happens, CLEAR SMOG or HAZE!!!
    Smogon seems to be bad about putting down defensive playstyles and promoting hyper-offense...just look at their ban list, oddly placed pokemon in that list are solely there because they could potentially hinder the sweep of another "better" pokemon...and to think that they would dare say that they aren't overcentralizing the metagame :/......

    Anywho, scizor is a great counter to terrakion if it can get in safe...on top of that azumarill (alibet weaker) is also a strong check as it is not usually ohko'd by jolly, if i remember correctly...neither get an ohko on the other, but aqua jet does pretty substantial damage...if you were to keep spikes on the field, it is feasible for a safe ko...of course phazing is a nifty option, as well as outright domination with some sort of overkill attack like an outlandishly powerful outrage or draco meteor from you know who

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlKirbyZombie View Post
    See, Smogon? This is why you shouldn't ban Excadrill.

    Anyways, many will consider the beat up justice combo. When this happens, CLEAR SMOG or HAZE!!!
    Or phazing. And they banned excadrill???!!! Well it is an uber, and terrakion can do well in uber, so lets have some uber counters. Straight away you looking at groudon, excadrill and garchomp, as their STAB earthquake is unbelievably strong. Next, you look at speed boost blaziken, as it can set up and become devistating with STAB hi jump kick. But just be aware of the destructive force called terrakion

    Edit: puns:
    Matadors beware...
    Bullseye
    Another TERRA-BULL pun!
    Red bull gives you wings (for an aerial ace set that is worth using)
    JustifiaBULL (beat up abuse)
    Last edited by philzone; 18th June 2012 at 12:21 PM.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    Nah that's stupid, you have to open your mind to the possibilities,
    for example Terrakion, when I look at it I see a 'Bull' or 'Pitbull' as someone mentioned
    so its time for Bull puns ^^

    -Long horn red horn
    -Take the bull by the horns
    -Becoming the Bull
    -********
    -Bull Fight Dance
    Hell this whole Potw is full of Bull
    One can see bull-related puns based on Terra's look so you have a point in opening the mind to different possibilities.
    However (you can call me stubborn after the post), the Musketeers lead to Justice, which leads to that "silly" Sailor Moon reference (if Lunatone becomes the POTW someday, I'd like to see that pun)

    Talking about bulls
    Random silly question:
    Why Barry and Terrakion are best friends?
    Last edited by Star Champion AJ; 18th June 2012 at 1:04 PM.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    456

    Default

    On even Speed footing, Unburden-lee can cause trouble with STAB Fighting and a "free" doubling of its Speed with Normal Gem + Fake Out. With Speed on Terrak's side, though, Priority with Fighting, Water, and Steel is a huge asset. Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, Aqua Jet, and Bullet Punch can chip away at Terrakion, but few can survive if Terrak' does, especially after it buffs up. Ice Shard and Shadow Sneak can help, too, despite a lack of Type coverage on Terrakion.

    Because of these Moves, it may be advantageous to a Terrakion-user to have Quick Guard as a Move option...
    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Don't ship me with Canada
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    On even Speed footing, Unburden-lee can cause trouble with STAB Fighting and a "free" doubling of its Speed with Normal Gem + Fake Out. With Speed on Terrak's side, though, Priority with Fighting, Water, and Steel is a huge asset. Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, Aqua Jet, and Bullet Punch can chip away at Terrakion, but few can survive if Terrak' does, especially after it buffs up. Ice Shard and Shadow Sneak can help, too, despite a lack of Type coverage on Terrakion.

    Because of these Moves, it may be advantageous to a Terrakion-user to have Quick Guard as a Move option...
    Indeed as this can cause trouble with some OU pokemon with strong priority move.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 18th June 2012 at 8:01 PM.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    919

    Default

    IMO, physically defensive Slowbro with T-wave is Terrakion's best, all purpose defensive check. Even if it comes in on a choice band X-Scissor, it can always swap out again and replenish health with regenerator.

    But my main point is that it does a better job at it then Skarmory and Gliscor, but is more viable in OU then Claydol and Nidoking. Power whip Tangrowth works in a similar manner, but I believe it takes more damage from Close Combat then Slowbro takes from Stone Edge.

    Physically defensive Dusclops also checks it pretty well. Only losing 34-41% of it's health to choice band stone edge, it can cripple Terrakion with will-o-wisp.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

  25. #50

    Default

    They are all goats. Think about it, I know they are supposed to be musketeers, but they do look that way.
    Terrakion is a mountain goat. A rather bulky one too. Bahahahaha! (XD)

    Other options
    Work up and running mixed with maybe Hp fire, to make things interesting.
    Ariel ace if it ever meets Heracross, and also, if smogon gets funny and bans this guy to the ubers sometime, then it can take care of Shedninja...(I know about Rock stab, just joking)
    Reflect and Calm mind can both be run, though perfered together if you are running special scare.
    Focus blast is for the special set. Name the hidden power you want (31 all Ivs for dark!)
    Quick attack... Even the dumb kids know better. Seriously, it was only good for Scizor in 3rd gen.

    This guy should get Megahorn. After all, Donphan can bounce.
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

    I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

    The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •