Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #77

Default Community POTW #77

Sorry about the delay. Time for Week #2 of our multiweek tiein.

This week, it's Terrakion, the amazing Muskedeer

As Terrakion is the Muskedeer which focus on Physical Attack, it is capable of quite a lot and is BRUTAL in Doubles & Triples. If you face one, you're almost guaranteed to lose

Go nuts

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/639.shtml

This Musketeer is absolute going on the extreme offensive side. It has an above average speed stat, an attack stat rivaling Scizor, and good bulk which allows it to come in with ease. The only thing that stands in its way of being the top offensive threat in OU is probably Lucario, who has better forms of priority.
    Swords Dance
    Item: Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly / Adamant
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat / Sacred Sword
    - X-Scissor / Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance
    The idea of this set is simple: Set up Swords Dance and demolish the opposing team with your coverage moves, which are only resisted by Toxicroak. Stone Edge and Close Combat are the staples of the set, and both have high power. As with all the Musketeers (bar Keldeo) Sacred Sword can be used if you want to stay in long to rampage through the opposing team. X-Scissor can hit Psychics, particularly Reuniclus, that might be a problem, or Grass types that are weak to it. Rock Polish however, make a "Double Dance" set, which allows it to kill Alakazam, Espeon, Latios, Latias, and Mewtwo who can outspeed you. Terrakion maintains it great coverage with its STAB moves without X-Scissor.

Choice
    Item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly / Adamant
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - X-Scissor
    - Quick Attack / Sacred Sword / Rock Slide / Earthquake
    Choice Terrakion is very close, if not better, than the Swords Dance set. Its typing defensively is not exactly ideal, so hit-and-run tactics are recommended. Choice Band gives Terrakion immediate power, while Choice Scarf gives it immediate speed to KO those fast, physically frail Psychic-types that give Terrakion so much trouble. The coverage moves are similar to the Swords dance set, but the last slot has a few different choices. Quick Attack can KO weakened opposing choice scarf users that are faster than you. Sacred Sword can be used to KO a weakened threat that is not worth bringing down your defenses for, Rock Slide is there if you cannot afford to miss with Stone Edge, and Earthquake has a bit of a different purpose. It allows Terrakion to more easily KO grounded steel type that are neutral to CC, like Jirachi and Metagross.

Other Options
    Nothing else that has not been mentioned is not really worth using. Terrakion learns Calm Mind, but it has a mediocre Special Attack stat;. Stick with physical sets; they are much more effective.

Counters
    The best way to counter Terrakion is to revenge kill it, as almost nothing can safely switch into it. Neutral-natured Choice band Scizor has a 44% chance of OHKOing Terrakion with Bullet Punch, while a positive natured Choice Band Scizor will almost always OHKO. Of course, if Terrakion has taken a little prior damage, both will probably OHKO. Alernatively, provided Scizor has gotten a Swords Dance, a life orb Scizor will OHKO, even without prior damage. Bulky Slowbro can also wall it, but much be wary of a Choice Banded or Swords Dance-boosted Stone Edge, and OHKO with Surf or Psychic. There many other ways of simply attacking it, but these strategies can sometimes be stopped by Terrakion's rampage. Status can really hamper Terrakion's slaughter. Paralysis slows down Terrakion, making it much easier to kill. Poisoning it with Toxic wears it down quickly, which it doesn't enjoy at all. Lastly, burning Terrakion is something it absolutely hates. Halving its attack renders it useless. Finally, entry hazards will cut its sweep short. Spikes breaks a rare focus sash, and Toxic Spikes will give it a headache for it and the rest of its team.
    Last edited by MatchMaster; 17th June 2012 at 9:36 PM.

First to post a set!

Boosty Dooms of Doom
    Terrakion @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP /252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - Sowrds Dance
    - Rock Polish
    This guy is definite eternal OU material. After both boosts, he is practically unstoppable.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Greatest musketeer in my opinion. And he's a pitbull.

INSERT PUN HERE

Terrakion@Choice Band
    Ability:Justified
    EV's: 252 Atk 252 Spd
    Jolly
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Close Combat
    -Sacred Sword
    -X Scissor

Choice Band ensures massive destruction. 108 Speed is nice as it allows Terrakion to out-speed base 100's like Hydreigon, Jirachi,etc. Stone Edge is amazing and STAB only compliments this but the accuracy can be a problem at the worst of time. Thats what Rock Slide is there for. Also, the flinch chance is useful as you will tend to be out-speeding your opponent most of the time. Close Combat kills anything that doesnt resist it. Sacred Sword is unique to the musketeers and is very usable at base 90 + STAB. It is not affected by boosts to the defence and evasion increases so is very useful against Sand Veil and double team. It also alows you to set up whilst your opponent does and then strike back with a nasty shock. Speaking of setting up, Rock Polish and Swords Dance make you unstopable and is perfectly viable with 90/90/90 defences. X-scissor hits Psychic, Grasses and darks.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

ATTACK
    Terrakion @ Kings Rock/Life Orb/Choice items
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP /252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Sacred Sword
    - Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - X-scissor/Poison Jab/Return

pure attacker, i dont like wasting time to boost, thats y i have a baton passer

"One for all!"
    @Leftovers/Brightpowder/Life Orb
    252 Atk/126HP/126 Spd
    Ability: Justified
    -Rock Slide
    -Helping Hand/Quick Guard/Subsitute/Sandstorm
    -Quick Guard/Subsitute/Sandstorm/Helping Hand
    -Earthquake/Quick Guard/Subsitute/Sandstorm/Helping Hand
    Terrakion is an awesome Double/Triple battle partner with Justified,( Beat Up Anyone?) Rock Slide, Helping Hand, Quick Guard and Earthquake. Item is for preference. Rock Slide is a must. Pick your chose of support moves Sandstorm could be used to boost Terrakion's defense for 5 turns. If you are running both SS and EQ I suggest a pokemon like Gliscor or Aerodactyl. Earthquke is a powerful Double move but you have to remember that it also hits grounded alies.
    Last edited by tomjames1966; 18th June 2012 at 6:44 PM.

Credit to iPokemon^

All for one and one for all (Take Two)
    Item: Choice Band
    EVs: 4HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Nature:Adamant
    Stone Edge
    Close Combat
    X-Scissor/Aerial Ace
    Quick Attack

Description coming soon.

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Reserved to post a set

Click on my banner to go into my shop!

White FC: 4642-4390-4207
    Y FC:5069 4882 3444

Battle For Terra-kion
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs 252 att 252 speed 4 hp
    Protect/Quick Gaurd
    Rock Slide
    X-scissor/quick attack
    Close Combat

Ever saw the movie "Battle For Terra"? Thats where I got this pun from, anyway this set is great and destructive in Doubles and Triples. Usually something like Mienshao would want to fake out your Whimsicott but with Quick Guard, Whimsicott can Tailwind away. Protect is their if your not worried about Fake Out. Next let the sheep/ cat thing Beat Up Terrakion, Justified activates 4 for doubles and 6 for Triples. Increasing his mighty attack to "Justice has been served" levels. Rock Slide destroys about everything along with Close Combat. Last Quick Attack finishes weakened foes for good while X-scissor helps out with Celebi and Starmie.

Terrakion sure does prove that it's the stone bulldog of the pokemon kingdom, brute force and all. Despite that, it has one wall that it cannot beat it's way through 1 on 1... and that is Hippowdon...Hippowdon takes even a +2 Close Combat without being OHKO'd...of course, it is a 2ko so you cannot switch into a choice band boosted adamant close combat either...that's also a 2ko...but do not fear, hippowdon is guaranteed to ohko with earthquake, or stall out the pp of any non-adamant or +2 attacks due to the awesome recovery power of slack off....

Say hi to Terra (Terrakion's nickname) who is NOT Terra from the Kingdom Hearts series.

Ability:
    Justified: Terra's Attack stat is raised by one stage when the Pokémon is hit by a Dark-type move.
    Since Terra resists Dark type moves, this ability is useful (not as useful compared to Cobalt and its 4x Dark resistance), mainly in Doubles/Triples (say hi to Beat Up).
    Note: Why am I getting this "Déjŕ vu" feeling?

Pros:
    High Atk and Spd (129/108)
    Decent HP and defences (91/90/90)
    Six resistances
    Resistant to Stealth Rock
    Immune to Sandstorm
    Sunny Day helps Terra slightly (reduces damage taken from Water type moves)

Cons:
    Six weaknesses (to Fight, Grass, Ground, Psychic, Steel and Water) and three of them are pretty common
    Takes massive damage from Grass Knot and Low Kick
    Rain Dance exploits one of Terra's weaknesses (Water)
    Weak against some priority moves (Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch...)

Earthshaker (one of Terra's Keyblades)
    Terra@Expert Belt/Leftovers/Life Orb/Muscle Band
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    Close Combat/Sacred Sword
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance/X-Scissor
    About Terra's moveset, Swords Dance increases Terra's Attack to sky-high levels, if you manage to Swords Dance safely, Terra will violently shake the ground (pun intended) with Earthquake (and makes the so-called Quake-Edge combo with the Rock STAB I'll mention later)
    About Terra's STABs Stone Edge hits hard (and can score critical hits easier), but if you don't like the low accuracy and PP, Rock Slide is the other choice, using Terra's high Speed, having 10% chance of flinching your opponent (I like flinch inducing moves)
    The Fight STAB is if you want Terra to stay in the field or not, Close Combat+STAB+Swords Dance+129 Atk+Atk boost item can destroy the entire planet (another pun here), but Sacred Sword bypasses anything using Curse, Iron Defence or Acid Armour
    About items, Life Orb can tear apart anything not resistant to Terra's moves (the recoil effect can be a pain), Leftovers is if you want Terra to stay longer in the battlefield (use Sacred Sword in this scenario), Expert Belt only works with super-effective moves (Terra has nice coverage with X-Scissor instead of Swords Dance) and Muscle Band is a Life Orb inferior cousin (without the recoil effect).
    If you want extra coverage, you can swap Swords Dance with X-Scissor.

Ends of the Earth (another Terra's Keyblade)
    Terra@Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Retaliate/X-Scissor
    The typical Choice set if you want an extra power spicy boost or to outspeed opponents (Terra has high stats to Atk and Spd)
    Stone Edge hits hard and gets critical hits more often but Rock Slide is more reliable and can flinch
    Close Combat works well in a Choice set (put a Choice Band and watch your opponents being swept) but Sacred Sword ignores opponent's Curses, Iron Defences, Barriers and similar moves while retaining Terra's defences
    Earthquake is Earthquake, super strong, good type coverage, reliable, blah, blah, blah...
    X-Scissor gets extra coverage (against Psychics) while Retaliate (with Choice Scarf for better results) has good revenge-killing properties.

Other puns:
    In the name of ???, I will PUNish you (this pun never gets old)
    You can use Arceus, Terra, Terrakion, swordsmanship, the Pokémon Musketeer Squad, the Sword of Justice, friendship and so on in this pun
    Terra's Sword of Justice
    One for all, all for one (works well in Triple Battles whose partners are Cobalion and Virizion)
    Critical Impact (one of Terra's Command Styles)
    Rockbreaker (another Command Style)
    "Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials."
    Last edited by Star Champion AJ; 17th June 2012 at 7:27 PM.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Don't run with scissors, swords or rocks!
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Air Balloon/Life Orb
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    X-Scissor
    Swords Dance
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPE

What you gotta do is first use swords dance. After that, just spam the other attacks.

Sacred Sword is there mainly for STAB but the power drop from Close Combat is significant. If you don't mind the defense (or defence, depends what nationality you are) drop, I suggest you also add air balloon. If you do mind, keep life orb.

Stone Edge or Rock Slide. If you're doing a double or triple battle or even a normal single battle then pick Rock Slide. Otherwise, use Stone Edge for an extra STAB.

X-Scissor is there to take down grass types in the way as well as psychic types.

Other Option

Earthquake can replace X-Scissor or Swords Dance if you want. But only for VGC, double or triple battles really. Quick Attack is another option too, just replace the other move.

Poison Jab is another option though I don't recommend it.

Rock Polish is another option. If you do that then change the nature to adamant.

If you want a bulkier Terrakion, then change EV spread to 100 EVs and 152 Atk but leave the speed alone (unless it's on a tailwind team). Terrakion is meant to be speedy.

A Choice Scarf or Band set is good as well. Change Swords Dance to Quick Attack. If you use Scarf, leave the nature as Terrkion will be an amazing revenge killer or lead. It can also finish off foes with a simple Quick Attack then switch to something like Ferrothorn or Blissey.

A good pun can be OH MY GOLEM 'cause it's a rock type like it I guess. My sister thought of Scareakion.
    Last edited by Chidori__O; 17th June 2012 at 6:57 PM. Reason: Puns
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Oh Arceus, this thing is the most dangerous physical attacker in OU. With Excadrill cast into the Uber tier, Terrakion can unleash all of its incredible and destructive amazingness at its fullest. I have never squared off against a Terrakion, and I hope that stays that way.
    Terrakion has stats that are a godsend for any physical attacker. A base 129 attack and a base 108 speed stat, combined with 91/90/90 defensive stat spread make Terrakion a fast and heavy hitting sweeper with respectable bulk. While not big, Terrakion has a very precise movepool that has everything it needs. Its Justified ability is not one of the super amazing abilities like Guts, but free attack boosts are always welcome.
    Now the best part: Terrakion is a rock/fighting type. Having STAB Close Combat AND STAB Stone Edge is one of the most destructive STAB combinations to exist.
    Now for movesets.

A polished Sword
    EVs: 252 attack and speed, 4 hp. This will be Terrakion's EV spread for every set.
    @: Life Orb/Air Balloon

Swords Dance/Rock Polish/Quick Attack/X-Scissor
    Rock Polish/Swords Dance/Quick Attack/X-Scissor
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

I have never witnessed a Pokemon so capable of pulling off a double boosting set. Terrakion's stats can stand alone, so any stat boost is just icing on the cake. Just don't combine Rock Polish and Quick Attack.

Choice Band
    @: Choice Band

Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    X-Scissor
    Sacred Sword/Quick Attack

Terrakion's stats are just screaming for choice sets. Here is the more common route.

Choice Scarf
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    @: Choice Scarf

Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    X-Scissor
    Sacred Sword/Rock Slide

Scarf Terrakion is not as common as Choice Band, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Other options:
    It has Earthquake. Thing is, Earthquake hits very few things that STAB doesn't, and those few things are rarely seen.
    Hidden Power Ice can be a great way to hit Gliscor. However, special attack investment is needed to make it worthwhile.

Preventing the apocalypse:
    I normally don't tell about counters, but I really feel it's needed for this one. Gliscor and Slowbro are two of the best options that can be found in commonplace OU. Both resist Close Combat, but will take a nasty hit from any boosted Stone Edge. Slowbro also needs to be aware of X-Scissor.
    The next best thing is to throw status. Burn and paralysis will cripple Terrakion, but you need something faster or something with incredible bulk to do the job or they will die to STAB. After that, you should outrun Terrakion and smash it with super-effective STAB from stuff like Starmie's Hydro Pump or your own Terrakion's Close Combat.
    Terrakion's best counters can be found in the lower tiers. If you are THAT desperate, you can use Nidoqueen, who resists STAB and X-Scissor, and has the bulk. Claydol is in a similar boat, who is immune to the rare Earthquake, but is weak to X-Scissor. Tangrowth doesn't resist the STAB, but has the physical bulk to survive and throw a Power Whip. It can also shrug off X-Scissor. The best solution is Golurk. It resists Stone Edge and X-Scissor, can take a boosted Earthquake, and (most importantly) is immune to Close Combat. HOWEVER, if Terrakion pulls a surprise Hidden Power Ice, none of these counters are safe.
    Reality is, the best way to handle Terrakion is to have an attacker with boosted speed already on the field that can hit hard. But even that might not be enough. Terrakion can clean sweep teams very easily.

I almost always make room on my team for Terrakion. This is a Pokemon to have on your checklist when you build a team, whether it's having it on your team or countering it. You don't put this monstrosity in mind, then you will regret it.
    I claim Buizel.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    In the name of ???, I will PUNish you (this pun never gets old)
    The problem with using the same Puns, like with jokes, over and over again, it becomes less funny every time.

Can we please do Calm Mind Terrakion, just to be different? It's actually pretty effective.

SubRockGemSD, Band, Scarf (band and scarf might be able to go into one, but they have very different roles) and then lastly Cm Terrakion.

Also, Blue Harvest is a drunkard that goes to too many parties without a car to get home. Hence why she was so late getting the Cobaloin done.

I'm TERRAfied at the puns we might get this weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    The problem with using the same Puns, like with jokes, over and over again, it becomes less funny every time.
    You can use different words for this pun, meaning you can recycle a little.
    And POTW is covering the Three Musketeers (Will Keldeo be included as well?), so some puns can be reused.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Ah, Terrakion. The best of the musketeers. It has all the right stats in all the right places, which turns it into a deadly revenge-killer/sweeper. There's not much you can do with Terrakion as all sets look almost the same, but it is still dangerous. To post a few sets:

Typical Revenge killer:
    Adamant/Jolly nature
    EV spread: 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Item: Choice Scarf/Band
    Moves:
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    X-Scissor
    Quick Attack/ EQ

The set that most people run. The goal is to pretty much kill everything with its STAB CC or SE. The other two moves are mostly filler, but they have their uses. X-Scissor does decent damage to the psychics that run around in OU, and Quick Attack picks off opponents barely alive.

The Double-Dancing Ram
    Adamant/Jolly nature
    EV spread: same as above
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Rock Polish
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

This set is unexpected and, if given the chance to set up, very dangerous to opposing teams. Set up with either (or both) stat, and then mow down everything. Close Combat and Stone Edge are a great combo, with only Toxicroak and a few other Pokemon resisting the combo.

To name a few counters:

Alakazam. While it cannot directly switch into Terrakion's attacks unless it's carrying a Sash, it is faster than a non-Scarfed Terrakion and KO's back with Psychic or Psyshock.

Reuniclus: Same reasons as Alakazam, but it can actually survive a hit.

Skarmory: The one thing that sends Terrakion running. Unless it's the double-dancing set that's been given a chance to set up, Terrakion cannot even touch Skarmory, who then proceeds to either set up entry hazards or phaze out Terrakion with Whirlwind.

Overall: do not underestimate this beast. It will wipe out what's left of your team if given the chance.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

Partner power!
    Standard choice set
    Dusknoir w/ skill swap plus Medicham with pure power ind doubbles.
    Skill swap on medicham then swap medicham for terakion and swap to terrakion.
    You end up with something with 258 base attack.

Or use a sword dance set. (Shudder)
    Hard to do, but extremely effective.
    Even steelix would fear it's stone edge with swords dance.
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

I use these sets:

Terrakion @Lefties/Air Balloon
    Jolly
    252Atk 252Spe 4Hp/Def
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/X-Scissor/Rcok Slide/Filler
    Basic attacking set, sd sets up with moves for coverage. Rock/Fighting gets pretty good coverage on its own too.

Terrakion @Air Balloon
    Jolly
    252 Atk 252Spe 4Def/Hp
    -Substitute
    -Swords Dance
    -Stone Edge
    -Close Combat
    This set is anti-metagame, utilizing air balloon to create a one-time ground immunity and force some switchs. Works best in sandstorm when it can come in on pokemon like ttar, who can do nothing to terrakion, and set up a sub on the switch and then get some boosts in or use cc. Oh, and this set takes a dump on lando too.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Its almost... unneccesary to even share Terrakion sets. I'ma just post the SubSD set 'cause its boss.

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
    Jolly
    252 atk / 252 spe / 4 def
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance

Not to commonly seen, and due to this can really screw with the opponent. All of the Pokemon you though were solid for beating Terrakion like Gliscor and Slowbro are all of the sudden not so tough for Terrakion to beat with a +2 Rock Gem Stone Edge. Substitute is always a good move just to ease prediction needed, and gives Terrakion that extra turn to get a SD up. a STAB +2 CC off of that attack stat... well if you hate CB Terrakion Close Combat, this will be your worst nightmare.

for the Barbeller babes:

Terrakion @ Leftovers
    Modest
    252 HP / 252 spA / 4 def
    - Focus Blast
    - Calm Mind
    - HP Ice
    - Substitute?

the last slot iss whatever. If your looking to be a B.A. you can use Hyper Beam cuz we all know its a great move choice.
    Last edited by John Wallrein; 17th June 2012 at 9:33 PM.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    Partner power!
    Standard choice set
    Dusknoir w/ skill swap plus Medicham with pure power ind doubbles.
    Skill swap on medicham then swap medicham for terakion and swap to terrakion.
    You end up with something with 258 base attack.

Or use a sword dance set. (Shudder)
    Hard to do, but extremely effective.
    Even steelix would fear it's stone edge with swords dance.
    You're kidding, right?
    Swords Dance is used on almost ALL terrakion sets because of his decent bulk, good typing, and ability to force many switches.

+6 atk 252atk terrakion stone edge vs. 252hp 252def impish steelix: 70 - 82 damage (19.8 - 23.2%)
    +6 atk 252atk adamant terrakion stone edge vs. 252hp 252def impish steelix: 76 - 90 damage (21.5 - 25.4%)
    +6 atk 252atk terrakion stone edge vs. 252hp 0def impish steelix: 80 - 94 damage (22.6 - 26.6%)
    +6 atk 252atk adamant terrakion stone edge vs. 252hp 0def impish steelix: 87 - 103 damage (24.6 - 29.1%)
    Steelix most certainly does NOT fear terrakion's stone edge, even at plus 6 attack.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Counters: will o wisp or burns in general, as the att stat softens terrakions blows. Paralysis is great to ruin its sweeping capabilities. Forretress and ferrothorn are great at sponging the physical blows, though the former needs to watch out for fighting type STABs. Scizor, lucario and hitmontop do well with STAB boosted priority moves - mach punch and bullet punch. Technician boosted especially. Only switch in if you know you can stand 1 turn.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Counters: will o wisp or burns in general, as the att stat softens terrakions blows. Paralysis is great to ruin its sweeping capabilities. Forretress and ferrothorn are great at sponging the physical blows, though the former needs to watch out for fighting type STABs. Scizor, lucario and hitmontop do well with STAB boosted priority moves - mach punch and bullet punch. Technician boosted especially. Only switch in if you know you can stand 1 turn.
    Quick Guard laughs at priority moves or Weavile can fake out them while Terrakion kills them. Still can't go wrong with mach punch from Conkeldurr with guts activated.

Or even without guts boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Or even without guts boost.
    Really? How much damage does Max Adamant Conkeldurr do to a Terrakion without a guts boost?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast