Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Default Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

We'll have another thread for this methinks. It'll be your go-to place for B2W2 related happenings.

First, here's some news

A new image has been released showcasing the various new features of Pokémon Global Link. First, it shows the Cool Hole, the new cave that runs as a Dream World area across both games. It shows that there is a new mini-game to play. It also shows that, if you're playing with Pokémon Black 2 & White 2, Unova Pokémon will appear for capture. In this case, it shows the Pokémon Drilbur. It also shows that the mini-game that originated in Pokémon Café makes a return

And people thought that it would be impossible for a 3rd version to share the same dreamworld and still put in 5th gen guys.
    Makes me wonder if the other areas will get 5th gen dudes for BW2 players.

Incidentally, does the Cool Hole go up on the 21st when the DW goes back up or when BW2 is released

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    And people thought that it would be impossible for a 3rd version to share the same dreamworld and still put in 5th gen guys.
    Makes me wonder if the other areas will get 5th gen dudes for BW2 players.

Incidentally, does the Cool Hole go up on the 21st when the DW goes back up or when BW2 is released
    Doesn't go up until the 23rd

Awesome! 5th gen mons already!!

I guess that means we'll be getting swift swim Bearctic, but I can't think of any other good DW 5th gens you'd find in an ice place.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Awesome! 5th gen mons already!!

I guess that means we'll be getting swift swim Bearctic, but I can't think of any other good DW 5th gens you'd find in an ice place.
    Considering Drillbur, probably various other "cave" pokemon

I don't use the Dream World but this looks ok, I would like to see many more Pokemon with their Abilities
    Last edited by Serebii!; 18th June 2012 at 8:47 AM.

This looks awesome! Can't wait to try it on the 23rd! I hope we get a Pichu with a DW Ability, and it looks like we might! BTW Is the picture with the Pichu on the table-like thing the new mini-game?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

There's one Pokemon I really want...Prankster Riolu! That is all...

OK Maybe something else but definitely that more than anything else. Hopefully it becomes available.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

So what exactly should we be talking about in this thread? I don't quite understand :P
    For now I'll discuss what we have and that is that Unova pokemon will be in the Dream World. This opens up a variety of possibilities. Firstly, I wonder if there will be any more surprise abilities (a la Kami Trio), I don't think there will be many if there are more though. And once again the questions is raised about companion pokemon. Since they will be found in the dream world, there is a 99% chance that Unova pokemon will now have overworld sprites, meaning that all pokemon will have these sprites. It would seem like a waste to not have the companion pokemon as an option if there are sprites for all of them. (I can't tell if this is off topic or not, in relation to the thread).

I wonder what other features will be coming to the PGL. I might actually start using it again

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPichu View Post
    This looks awesome! Can't wait to try it on the 23rd! I hope we get a Pichu with a DW Ability, and it looks like we might! BTW Is the picture with the Pichu on the table-like thing the new mini-game?
    Indeed it is

Awesome, hoping DW Litwick and DW Durant will be in the cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Awesome, hoping DW Litwick and DW Durant will be in the cave.
    But Durant gets Truant...The worst ability ever!
    As for Litwick, I reckon it'll be in the already released Mansion but it obviously only appears when Black 2 or White 2 is used. That's what I think. Remember: Unova Pokemon can still appear in old areas when Black 2 or White 2 is used.

If there's one thing they should add...is the option to select which area to go to when you reach a certain amount of Dream Points...
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 18th June 2012 at 2:42 PM.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I hope litwik is catchable. Chandelures hidden ability will make it a beast.

Will this only be open in Japan, or only open for people with BW2? For example: I don't live in Japan, will not be getting the games until fall, but I have black and white. Will I be able to access these features? I apologize if this has already been answered.

Yea, i hope there are new features for people with just B/W...

And this update will arrive to other countries? I mean, not just japan?

The renewal goes live worldwide on June 21st.

Cool Hole goes live (at least for Japan) on June 23rd
    All B2W2 go live when the game comes out in that location

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Durant has Entrainment. Having Truant would destroy most of its opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    As for Litwick, I reckon it'll be in the already released Mansion but it obviously only appears when Black 2 or White 2 is used. That's what I think. Remember: Unova Pokemon can still appear in old areas when Black 2 or White 2 is used.

If there's one thing they should add...is the option to select which area to go to when you reach a certain amount of Dream Points...
    Actually, Durant gets Entrainment, giving the foe Truant, let it faint, then send out Shadow Tag chandelure, then the your opponent won't attack. Use protect every other turn until you use Calm Mind 6 times then sweep. Also, it can use Flame Charge until it gets +6 in speed.

I think that the Pokemon with un-released DW Abilities won't ALL be in the Dream World updates.
    The Dream Radar exists, and the Pokemon in it have DW Abilities.
    Also, I don't think that the Kamis will be in the Dream World, as it is possible to get their DW ABilities with the Dream Radar.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

It also shows that, if you're playing with Pokémon Black 2 & White 2, Unova Pokémon will appear for capture. In this case, it shows the Pokémon Drilbur.
    HOLY YES YES YES I am so excited

I wonder if this means that the 5th Gens have overworlds in BW2, or if they're just transferred differently. I'm SO PUMPED. This is glorious.

That, and if the Dream Radar also supplies Pokemon that have latent abilities, we'll be rolling in DW fifth-gens! I'm hoping a Snivy is given out, that Litwick is available, and that other Pokemon (like Solosis and other favorites) become available!

Caaan't wait for DW litwick : )))) Only a couple of more days...

My poor Espeon is STILL sleeping.
    Can't wait until the DW opens again.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

Unova Pokemon with DW abilities, sweet! I really hope we get DW Snivy, Leaf Storm's hits with a lot of power AND it's gets stronger everytime! I also hope we can get DW Eeveelutions again coz we only got one last time and I chose Leafeon and I really want Magic Bounce Espeon!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPichu View Post
    Unova Pokemon with DW abilities, sweet! I really hope we get DW Snivy, Leaf Storm's hits with a lot of power AND it's gets stronger everytime! I also hope we can get DW Eeveelutions again coz we only got one last time and I chose Leafeon and I really want Magic Bounce Espeon!
    I would love a Contrary Snivy. Leaf Storm would kill everything.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedeino View Post
    I would love a Contrary Snivy. Leaf Storm would kill everything.
    Not really. Sap sipper exists for a reason lol

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Speaking of which, looking forward to using Sap Sipper Zebstrika! And Skill Link Cinccino, No Guard Golurk and so on. So many good Pokemon...
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 18th June 2012 at 7:45 PM.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast