Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Got a fourth row in my garden, then the PGL decided to be ridiculously stupid, and not let me access the DW, so I wasn't able to do anything today. :/

I was looking at the pleasent forrest bulbapedia page and noticed that growlithe and sudowoodo are listed as being available after 7,500 points. I found both today, however I only have 5,440 points. I just wondered what the point system was like for BW2? Cos I was working towards 10,000 points so that I can catch a vulpix and the other really cool pokemon and now I'm wondering if this is neccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I was looking at the pleasent forrest bulbapedia page and noticed that growlithe and sudowoodo are listed as being available after 7,500 points. I found both today, however I only have 5,440 points. I just wondered what the point system was like for BW2? Cos I was working towards 10,000 points so that I can catch a vulpix and the other really cool pokemon and now I'm wondering if this is neccessary.
    Growlithe and Sudowoodo are 5000+ pokemon based on Serebii's page http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/...ntforest.shtml
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Can the code for the Sinnoh starters only work if you have buy a Walmart copy of BW2?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Can the code for the Sinnoh starters only work if you have buy a Walmart copy of BW2?
    Yes, since it's only being done together with Walmart (although if you somehow happen upon one of the codes, and it hasn't been used yet, it would work).

Went back to the Dream World today after not having any time for it earlier in the week. Tucked in a Hitmonlee, hoped to get to the Rugged Mountain a lot. Which I also did. I got there six times, to the Manor three times, and to the Sea and the Forest once each. Befriended six Pokemon, one female. A Heatmor, which I kept. Met three or four Durant, but all of them were Male. I am also very close to 5000 points now, will likely get that the next time I use the Dream World.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Yes, since it's only being done together with Walmart (although if you somehow happen upon one of the codes, and it hasn't been used yet, it would work).
    Good thing I haven't bought a copy of White 2 yet

Black2/
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos

got to 25xx points today, still a long way from being able to get my DW tentacool. Urgh X_X

Also I was wondering - if one breeds two DW dittos, will the children inherit the parents' impostor ability? Or does it work with one DW parent ditto and one non-DW ditto too? (If I have to spend days in another hidden grotto again, I'ma cry) Never mind, silly question ;m;
    Last edited by Golden_Charmander; 9th December 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Charmander View Post
    got to 25xx points today, still a long way from being able to get my DW tentacool. Urgh X_X

Also I was wondering - if one breeds two DW dittos, will the children inherit the parents' impostor ability? Or does it work with one DW parent ditto and one non-DW ditto too? (If I have to spend days in another hidden grotto again, I'ma cry)
    Ditto can't breed with itself

Well tonight's Dream World session was the best I've had since I started playing. I tucked in a Petilil so I could get to the forest, which worked tonight. As soon as I logged in, I noticed my welcome mat was flashing, checked, and I had 3 pending friend requests. I visited a few pals' houses, emptied my water can, harvested some berries, and then headed to the island.

I met a few female pokemon. I was decided that female Buneary was coming home with me, until the last pokemon I met, which was a female Miltank, which I can use for a dex entry.

I then planted berries in my empty patches, got the Deoxys and Darkrai dolls, bought a plain table to put all my dolls on, then logged out. Ended my day with 6590 points.

I finally got a DW Gurdurr! WOO-HOO!!!! But now I'm a little torn. I was planning on catching my DW Throh since I never thought I'd get over 5000 Dream Points, but now that I finally have a Gurdurr I'm torn between which one to catch. If anyone's wondering why I don't catch both, I'm trying to stick to catching a maximum of 11 pokémon & I already have ideas for the other 10

Black2/
    • Name- Dale Hudson

Throh definetly
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Talking with Clemont, Bonnie, Prof. Sycamore, Alain, Emile, and Dale and his group
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, USA
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

Did fairly well tonight on the demo, despite the DW lagging a lot. Befriended 20 Pokemon, and choose an female Aromatherapy Cleffa, which is another BW1 exclusive. For some reason, it kept sending me to the Pleasant Forest (7 times, Dream Park 3 times, and the Icy Cave once). I planted some more berries, and finished up by harvesting my Lum berries. Now up to 2600 points, which means I can access the Windswept sky from now on.

Say, Agonist, is there -any- way to obtain Softboiled Cleffa in the DW? I'd kill for a flawless, Softboiled, non-gen3 Clefable.
    Guess I'm good at RNGing stuff.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/ekkuat.jpg[/IMG]
    Trainer sprite by me. PM me if you want a Gen V shiny and/or flawless pokémon, I'll RNG it for you. :3

Quote Originally Posted by ladykiwi View Post
    Say, Agonist, is there -any- way to obtain Softboiled Cleffa in the DW? I'd kill for a flawless, Softboiled, non-gen3 Clefable.
    Sorry Kiwi, but that's impossible. :(

Goddamit ;~; Guess RNGing an Emerald Egg is still the only way. Thank you! And GL on those daily DW visits...
    Guess I'm good at RNGing stuff.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/ekkuat.jpg[/IMG]
    Trainer sprite by me. PM me if you want a Gen V shiny and/or flawless pokémon, I'll RNG it for you. :3

There is a set list of "special" moves for all the Pokemon in DW, and Cleffa has either Aromatherapy or Sleep Talk. No Softboiled, sorry.

I do think Sleep Talk should have been Softboiled instead, though. It's more valuable since it's a Gen 3 tutor move, besides, who wants Sleep Talk on it?

Sometimes I wonder what's the reason behind the strange move choices for DW Pokemon.....

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

At the very least, it should have gotten Wish over Sleep Talk. Although, in all honestly, most DW Pokemon got their exclusive moves ruined by BW2 tutors - Cleffa is just another example. It gets Sleep Talk as a tutor, and Heal Bell as a tutor, which makes Aromatherapy pretty useless.

Does anyone know if anybody's compiled a list of Pokémon/moves exclusive to the DW? I'm tempted to do it myself it no one has but its a lot of effort.

ETA: Something like this (done for Kanto Pleasant forest families)

Rattata Ability: Hustle
    Nidoran♀ Move: Sucker Punch
    Oddish Ability: Run Away
    Bellsprout Ability: Gluttony
    Ponyta Ability: Flame Body
    Farfetch'd Ability: Defiant
    Doduo Ability: Tangled Feet
    Lickitung Ability: Cloud Nine Move: Rock Climb (w/HA)
    Kangaskhan Ability: Inner Focus

The bolded aspects are the things that are exclusive to the DW - ie not available through hollows, dream radar or any other method of obtaining hidden abilities. There are 2 types of exclusive moves, completely exclusive and exclusive to the hidden ability Pokémon. For example Nidoran♀ only learns Sucker Punch through the DW, it is completely exclusive to the DW. Lickitung can learn Rock Climb via HM in gen4, however the only way to have a hidden ability Lickitung know it is through the DW - hence the (w/HA) (with hidden ability).

I think it'll be useful to have a list like this because one day the DW will go offline. If it hasn't been made before and other people want this list feel free to add to it, I don't feel like doing it all myself.
    Last edited by 1quacka1; 9th December 2012 at 3:52 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Just finished my Dream World session for the day. Sent a Cinccino to sleep, got to the Dream Park nine times and the Sky twice. Befriended 10 Pokemon, two of them were female, Aipom and Scraggy. I kept the Scraggy. I also got over 5000 points in this session, will hopefully start seeing some more new Pokemon from now on.
    Δ

So question does the game with the sinnoh starters have a label that said it have the code inside because i don't want to buy a extra game and don't find a freaking code!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    Does anyone know if anybody's compiled a list of Pokémon/moves exclusive to the DW? I'm tempted to do it myself it no one has but its a lot of effort.

ETA: Something like this (done for Kanto Pleasant forest families)

Rattata Ability: Hustle
    Nidoran♀ Move: Sucker Punch
    Oddish Ability: Run Away
    Bellsprout Ability: Gluttony
    Ponyta Ability: Flame Body
    Farfetch'd Ability: Defiant
    Doduo Ability: Tangled Feet
    Lickitung Ability: Cloud Nine Move: Rock Climb (w/HA)
    Kangaskhan Ability: Inner Focus

The bolded aspects are the things that are exclusive to the DW - ie not available through hollows, dream radar or any other method of obtaining hidden abilities. There are 2 types of exclusive moves, completely exclusive and exclusive to the hidden ability Pokémon. For example Nidoran♀ only learns Sucker Punch through the DW, it is completely exclusive to the DW. Lickitung can learn Rock Climb via HM in gen4, however the only way to have a hidden ability Lickitung know it is through the DW - hence the (w/HA) (with hidden ability).

I think it'll be useful to have a list like this because one day the DW will go offline. If it hasn't been made before and other people want this list feel free to add to it, I don't feel like doing it all myself.
    There is a complete list in the wifi section of Smogon, with the availability and everything (and pictures!)

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    So question does the game with the sinnoh starters have a label that said it have the code inside because i don't want to buy a extra game and don't find a freaking code!!
    It should be marked, iirc the Lucario promotion was.

There must have been heavy traffic tonight, because my whole session was laggy tonight.

I tucked in a Pansage so I would be able to make it to the forest, only went through a few times when I met my met the object of my search, a Glameow, and it turned out to be a female as well.

After I got done that run, I finished emptying my water can, and then proceeded with my berry harvest, and planted some new ones.

I also got a dream pal request, which I accepted, then logged off. Ended tonight's session with 6990 points.

I had another boring run today. I still can't find a dwf nidoran. So instead I chose to bring back a dwf rattata. I currently have 5850 points. I was distracted this time since I was trying to play whilst eating tea so therefor got fewer points than I normally would. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Went to the Dream World today again, had a really good session. Sent in a Zangoose, got to the Dream Park 8 times, the Forest, Mountain, Manor and Sky once each. Befriended 8 Pokemon, four of them were female: Gurdurr, Aipom, Durant and Galvantula. I really wanted both Gurdurr and Durant, but ended up keeping Durant since it has one of the most useful abilities in the game... despite being the one of the worst abilities at the same time. I also got another Dream Pal request, which I accepted.
    Δ

Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast