Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1835

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by venetrix View Post
    Hey all, I've just used the Dream World on my White 2 cartridge for the first time. Got myself a female Magikarp, which I've been looking for for ages on Black

I was wondering if there's any way of finding my DW home from my Black game and becoming Dream Pals with myself, so to speak? It's gonna be a real pain in the neck trying to build up my collection of berries again from scratch!
    use this method to find your houses in the DW i highly recommend it, especially if you play everyday. you can water the other houses berries, it helps with point totals...share shelving is easier from one house to the other... my homes are connected & it makes it a lot easier to keep my berries watered.
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Went on the Dream World for the first time with my Black 2 game. Never used the Dream World much when I played through White.

I got incredibly lucky though (well, as far as I was concerned). I ended up leaving with the Gothorita that is being given away, and I got a modest nature! Very pleased with that, and will likely hold off on training this Pokemon until I can properly EV train it. Additionally, I befriended a female Pineco, which works fantastically considering I've been wanted to breed Forttress. I wish you got to the daycare earlier in BW2.
    Pokemon Y

Y FRIEND CODE: 4554-0034-8530
    CURRENTLY: Breeding and Trading for Competitive Pokemon
    My Friend Safari is GRASS with SIMISAGE / PETLIL / QUILLADIN
    BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 1464-5211-3970

I went on the Dream World last night and after logging into my account and choosing the correct game cartridge, I visited my island and I bought some furniture from the catalog. I redecorated a bit after that, and then I harvested half of my berries; the others were Lum Berries that weren't fully grown yet. I headed over to the Island of Dreams and I visited the Rugged Mountain and Pleasant Forest areas. I befriended 11 Pokemon (no females though) and I kept a Tympole. I headed back to my island and I signed off since there was little else for me to do.

Does anyone else have trouble logging onto the global link. It usually takes me 2-3 tries.

I wish we didn't have to log in every time we want to go into the dream world cos once I'm in then I usually don't have any problems with it.

On black 2 I caught a male dratini which I plan on RNGing later so that it's able to used competively. I still haven't seen a female one which is what I really want.

Is it normal that after staying in DW for too long without waking you stop encountering pokemon and items?

And does anyone has any tips on what to catch? Because it's always so hard to decide :<. Wish there were a list of pokemon you can catch out there only :/.

You can visit the island about eight times or so before Pokemon stop appearing.

As for what to take, I can't really make any suggestions. I personally prioritize picking the female Pokemon with especially useful dream world abilities.

There is a list -one for each dw area on bulbapedia.

I finally got a reply about the Winter VGC berry.

Hey Bathrezz,

Thank you for your question. If you made the final rankings, which are displayed on the Pokémon Global Link, then you will be receiving the Custap Berry in just a few days! This will be accessible through the Pokémon Dream World.

-Pokémon Support

Its a great answer but it really ticks me off because I didn't get a ranking even tho I had 10 battles. I'm so frustrated that I wanna get a gun and go to a school! Too soon?
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 8th January 2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by manniezmoll View Post
    use this method to find your houses in the DW i highly recommend it, especially if you play everyday. you can water the other houses berries, it helps with point totals...share shelving is easier from one house to the other... my homes are connected & it makes it a lot easier to keep my berries watered.
    What method?
    3DS friend code 5300 9905 5901
    Friend Safari type: Grass - Quilladin, Tangela and Petilil

My trades:
    Shinies:
    Legendaries:

LF Meloetta. PM me with offers.

Red team:

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I finally got a reply about the Winter VGC berry.

Hey Bathrezz,

Thank you for your question. If you made the final rankings, which are displayed on the Pokémon Global Link, then you will be receiving the Custap Berry in just a few days! This will be accessible through the Pokémon Dream World.

-Pokémon Support

Its a great answer but it really ticks me off because I didn't get a ranking even tho I had 10 battles. I'm so frustrated that I wanna get a gun and go to a school! Too soon?
    Horray!
    I'm guessing it'll be after the current maintenance, because then the tournament rankings for the Japanese tournament where the Custap berry was a reward should be up. So we'll get them at the same time as the Japanese players (I was hoping we'd get them before but oh well).

I ranked in the tournament, so this thread has my personnel assurance that I'll do my best to distribute these berries.

I dunno if I'll be able to play in the Jaboca berry tournament yet though

Now onto the topic I came here to discuss: With GenV ending in October, do people think that that means the Dream World will be taken down?
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    Horray!
    I'm guessing it'll be after the current maintenance, because then the tournament rankings for the Japanese tournament where the Custap berry was a reward should be up. So we'll get them at the same time as the Japanese players (I was hoping we'd get them before but oh well).

I ranked in the tournament, so this thread has my personnel assurance that I'll do my best to distribute these berries.

Now onto the topic I came here to discuss: With GenV ending in October, do people think that that means the Dream World will be taken down?

I don't think they'll get rid of the dream world, but it'll likely be upgraded to fit 6th gen or something.

Though with gen 6 announced, I hope that they hurry up and release the rest of the DW pokemon, especially the rest of the starters for america. I mean seriously GF Japan, it has been nearly 2 years since you got them and you still haven't let us in on the fun! (barring the sinnoh region starters, but their DW abilities kinda suck)
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Unhappy Disappointment

Its a great answer but it really ticks me off because I didn't get a ranking even tho I had 10 battles.
    I'm even more infuriated that I didn't get the Eevee dolls for my Japanese PGL account, not even a Custap Berry for that. So, apparently the International Global Link gets their Custap Berry later than the Christmas Cup qualifications. Yet one of my Trade Pals has a rank and had only one match. The exact requirements to get qualified still remains such a mystery to me...

Oh, and so I asked the Japanese PGL, and they replied with the following message:

Spoiler:- Japanese PGL:

I did not quit even once at either Japanese competition, and my opponents weren't quitting on me too often. I don't think it makes sense.
    Last edited by Lorenzo The Comic; 9th January 2013 at 11:13 AM.

I can't wait to get my hands on a Custap Berry. I have many ideas for potential uses for it.

On a separate note, I wonder if they'll ever release Pokedolls of Pokemon I actually like such as Deino or Electrike for use as furniture...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    On a separate note, I wonder if they'll ever release Pokedolls of Pokemon I actually like such as Deino or Electrike for use as furniture...
    Unfortunately, judging from the numbers of the avatars, those two Pokémon Dolls don't exist for Dream World. Let's see... Electrikes' Pokédex Number is between Skitty and Plusle, and Plusle's avatar number is right after Skitty's. As Deino, between Bisharp and Reshiram, there's no Deino doll either, though it's possible for them to add a Deino doll in the future as there's a gap between Bisharp and Reshiram's avatar numbers.
    Last edited by Lorenzo The Comic; 8th January 2013 at 9:20 PM.

Have people seen the notice on the GL? Apparently there was a ranking problem in the junior/senior division, maybe this is the reason for the delay?

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    Horray!

Why would they? It's basically just a website which connects to the games. Though they'll probably stop adding new dw pokemon once gen 5 is done.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    I don't think they'll get rid of the dream world, but it'll likely be upgraded to fit 6th gen or something.

Though with gen 6 announced, I hope that they hurry up and release the rest of the DW pokemon, especially the rest of the starters for america. I mean seriously GF Japan, it has been nearly 2 years since you got them and you still haven't let us in on the fun! (barring the sinnoh region starters, but their DW abilities kinda suck)
    I doubt it'll be updated -look at the pokewalker for example. They'll probably just think of something else to expand on the game.

I had another terrible dw run today -still no dwf dratini for me. So instead I chose a dwf cottonee.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 9th January 2013 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Why would they? It's basically just a website which connects to the games. Though they'll probably stop adding new dw pokemon once gen 5 is done.
    That website costs money, they can't keep it up indefinitely.

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

I sent another email to pokemon and their reply was below. For those who haven't read my other posts. I participated in the Winter comp, had 10 battles, got no berry and no final ranking.

Hey Bathrezz,

I understand your disappointment - we always wish to give players the best experience possible and reward people for playing Pokémon. Since, we had outlined in our 2012 VGCS Winter Battle rules exactly what a player must accomplish to obtain the berry promotion, we cannot go back and change the rules for a single player. I hope you understand we cannot bend rules for players, since doing so creates many other problems. Specifically from our rules:

"All participants who enter the ranking will earn a Custap Berry."

In the Wi-Fi tournament etiquette:

Players who behave inappropriately or attempt to obstruct the competition may be penalized.

Players with a significant number of disconnects may be removed from the final Rankings. Read the "Once you have an opponent, finish the match!" section carefully, follow the rules, and avoid disconnecting during a match. Play matches using a stable Wi-Fi Internet connection, and fully charge your system before beginning a match."

In the About Rankings Details section:

"The conditions for entering the ranking of the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle are listed below:
    ① Players must complete a minimum of 10 matches that end in a win or a loss.
    Players who do not complete a minimum of 10 matches will not be included in the Rankings.
    ② Players who consistently play in matches that are interrupted or disconnected may be restricted from future GBU events.

Please check the "Once you have an opponent, finish the match!" part of the Wi-Fi Competition Etiquette section for more information about disconnections.

Outside of the criteria listed above, if a player is found, by The Pokémon Company International, to be behaving in an inappropriate way that harms the environment, he or she may be excluded from the Rankings."

-Pokémon Support

I smell something fishy because I just hit the margin with 10 battles and only one D/C and no final rank. I sent another email hopefully I will get the berry.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

I was in 12 battles in the VGC winter tournament (6 wins, 6 losses), but I didn't get into the ranking. What the h*ll is going on? Its bad enough that everyone was rage-quitting on me (except for 12 people, obviously).

I'm gonna try emailing them about this, but worst case scenario I can just find someone with the berry on their share shelf in the DW (that's how I got my micle berry).
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Has anyone here other than me getting a weird bug with the emoticon?

This is the fourth time I got more than 500 points yet the emoticon stays as the green music icon instead of changing into the red heart one.....

It happens with different Pokemon, but it does not happens in a row (one session I got no heart, then the next session I got a heart, then the next session after that I got no heart again)

It's annoying because I use DW to level up my Pokemon.....

anyway, I recall someone asking if Swinub is available in B2/W2 DW

that's me using my B2
    I found him already. There was some conflicting information on the site about getting Swinub; on the Icy Cave page it said he was available by default, but on the list of released DW pokemon, it said he was available from 10k dream points, which was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    I was in 12 battles in the VGC winter tournament (6 wins, 6 losses), but I didn't get into the ranking. What the h*ll is going on? Its bad enough that everyone was rage-quitting on me (except for 12 people, obviously).

I'm gonna try emailing them about this, but worst case scenario I can just find someone with the berry on their share shelf in the DW (that's how I got my micle berry).
    Problem is that they can't tell who rage quitted, so it counts against both players. If you had a high proportion of battles ending in a disconnect you were DQ'd. This time around they were very strict with it to discourage the "strategic disconnects" being employed by the top players.

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

About the berry again.

Pokemon told me to stop spazzing out and wait until the berries are released and if I dont get one I need to email them again.

About the berry again.

Pokemon told me to stop spazzing out and wait until the berries are released and if I dont get one I need to email them again.
    I don't know what the big deal is when you can just swap one on someone's share shelf -soon enough everyone will be growing them.

The "get your custap berry" notice has appeared but it isn't in my promotions yet.... The Arceus doll was however.

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Thats not the point. It was that I and many other players spend our time playing the comp just for the berry and are being denied it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I don't know what the big deal is when you can just swap one on someone's share shelf -soon enough everyone will be growing them.

Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast