Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1835

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Only just got to try out the Dream World in Black 2 with Alexa the Haxorus. At the moment I'm more concerned with getting my points up than getting Pokemon. Also growing Wacan, Coba and Leppa berries so I can get some cutie patooie dolls!
    Breeder of many Treeckos, master of none.

Last time i got that i've get myself a Geodude!

They are not avaliable on White 2 so that's pretty neat to me!

I dont have problem finding plants to Water, my Dream Pal mates almost always have at least 12~6 plants for me to water, then it doenst take that much of time for me to spend the 20 chargers per day. After that i just go to the Dream Island and spend like 4~5 runs till i find a Pokémon that is not possible to pick on my version. After that, i just befriend as much as i can to win points, genereally finding at least 10 Pokés per day and when i'm lucky, about 20 or more. I do at least 400~450 points per day and that's a lot for me and i'm satisfied. I generally doenst stay the full hour, just 45m or something like that.

Trying to get a Nidoran, either Male or Female at the Pleasant Forest. Wish me luck guys! As well i wish all of you on your hunt within there!

I just play the mini-games i'm good at. There are somes that annoy me (the Ice Cream one, to be more especific). I love the one with Sableye that you have to drawn things and the one that you have to Blow Out Candles.
    Last edited by Katsuragi; 29th April 2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Believe in you and in what you are capable of. Then, you will be able to do anything.
    My first shiny.

I think the only mini-game that I don't like doing is the Wailord one. The blow-out one is okay, and every other mini-game is easy for me to do.

Oh! The Wailord one is cool, it just annoy when 2 Pokes will fall at the same time in different places, then you have to sacrifice one for another. XD
    Believe in you and in what you are capable of. Then, you will be able to do anything.
    My first shiny.

Well I went back on the Dream World this morning after taking a break since my last disastrous session. I tucked in my Ledian again and I was sent to the Dream Park area. I befriended 11 Pokemon and I actually found two females this time; I chose to keep a Pineco. I returned to my house after that and I harvested my berries, which had thankfully been watered. I watered other people's berries after that and I visited some Share Shelves just to see if I could collect that new berry that was released, but I didn't have any luck.

I find pretty much all of them to be annoying in some way except for the Sky Race, Lake Skipping, and the Treasure Box mini games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The new Berry, is it the Rowap Berry ? If it is, i've got lucky. A friend of mine has got it and is now harvesting lots of it, so, it hapenned that he put one on the Share Shelf and i swaped it with one of mine.
    My first shiny.

I found someone who had a share shelf full of Rowap berries when I just went back to the Dream World, and lots of other shelves had one or two Rowap berries on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I find pretty much all of them to be annoying in some way except for the Sky Race, Lake Skipping, and the Treasure Box mini games.
    Those three, plus Ice Cream Scoop, are the only ones where we basically have total control, so of course they're not annoying. But you didn't mention Ice Cream Scoop, I wonder what annoyed you about it?

As for the annoying part of the other minigames.....

Water Spout : we can't control where they will fall and where the balloons will appear
    Find A Pokemon : the berry and where the Pokemon is hiding are completely random
    Gem Collecting : Sableye's speed depends on our internet connection
    Ice Sliding : random position of snacks (especially the cakes) and random movement of the opponents
    Candle Blowing : incredibly time-consuming, yet we must finish it all the way until the timer runs out, we can't just stop before the timer runs out

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuragi View Post
    The new Berry, is it the Rowap Berry ? If it is, i've got lucky. A friend of mine has got it and is now harvesting lots of it, so, it hapenned that he put one on the Share Shelf and i swaped it with one of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xweek View Post
    I found someone who had a share shelf full of Rowap berries when I just went back to the Dream World, and lots of other shelves had one or two Rowap berries on them.
    The berries become dirt common after a few weeks or so. They're only really hard to find within the first few days after they're distributed when only the people who were originally given them and a few others have them. As the days go on and they keep getting passed around and planted, it doesn't take too long for them to spread to everyone that wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Those three, plus Ice Cream Scoop, are the only ones where we basically have total control, so of course they're not annoying. But you didn't mention Ice Cream Scoop, I wonder what annoyed you about it?

As for the annoying part of the other minigames.....

Water Spout : we can't control where they will fall and where the balloons will appear
    Find A Pokemon : the berry and where the Pokemon is hiding are completely random
    Gem Collecting : Sableye's speed depends on our internet connection
    Ice Sliding : random position of snacks (especially the cakes) and random movement of the opponents
    Candle Blowing : incredibly time-consuming, yet we must finish it all the way until the timer runs out, we can't just stop before the timer runs out
    For me it's:

Ice Cream Scoop: Too dependent on the flavor stats. If you don't get a single flavor with at least 3 stars in both scoop speed and stickiness, you're going to have a tough time getting a decent score. And while it's probably not totally random, it's not something I can be bothered to memorize, especially if it means wasting berries on it.
    Find a Pokemon: Same reason you mentioned, the scoring is completely random because the Pokemon and berry placement is random.
    Water Spout: I find this mini game to be very overwhelming, especially later on when you have 3 or 4 Pokemon to take care of. If you don't plan your moves quickly and carefully, you will end up dropping the Pokemon a lot.
    Candle Blowing: Doesn't bug me as much as it used to, but this mini game requires way too much thinking for you to get good at it. Otherwise you just have to hope the other Pokemon makes a mistake.
    Gem Collecting: The control scheme is mainly what bugs me here, I don't think a computer mouse is very suitable for having to draw shapes, especially as quickly as they want you to do. I've gotten better at this one, but it's still something that strikes me as a bit inappropriate for a computer, it'd be a bit more fair if you were using a stylus for this one.
    Ice Sliding: Also a control issue. I've been finding the controls for this one to be a bit unresponsive at times, costing me the time I'd need to nab a treat before my opponents. Also, the game seems to have trouble distinguishing whether I'd like to change my route through the area or choose the next tile on my route.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

You only need to remember and use one type of berry for Ice Cream Scoop. Lum or Persim. Lum takes more time to grow iirc, but also has better stats. Still, Persim's stats are decent enough for the minigame.

As for Candle Blowing, I like the thinking part (otherwise it would have been too easy) but the time the minigame takes is way too long especially since we're taking turns with the AI. Each of the Candle Blowing minigame actually takes at least three minutes to finish, if 10 Pokemon asked for it then that's already a total of 30 minutes, and that's just the minigame. We have only 60 minutes in DW and we have other things to load.....this is exactly why I never want to visit the Manor again using my Black. Too many Candle Blowing minigame. I prefer visiting it using my Black 2 instead, more varied minigames and besides, I want a Duosion, which is B2/W2 only by default anyway.
    As for hoping the AI will make a mistake, after three rounds the AI changes into a smarter one that will NOT make any mistake on its own. The only thing we can do is planning our turns so that the AI is the last to blow a candle, or at least force the AI to blow the blue candle.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

You only need to remember and use one type of berry for Ice Cream Scoop. Lum or Persim. Lum takes more time to grow iirc, but also has better stats. Still, Persim's stats are decent enough for the minigame.
    Good to know, I guess. Still, it's kind of annoying to have to keep wasting berries on it, that's another thing I don't like about it.

As for Candle Blowing, I like the thinking part (otherwise it would have been too easy) but the time the minigame takes is way too long especially since we're taking turns with the AI. Each of the Candle Blowing minigame actually takes at least three minutes to finish, if 10 Pokemon asked for it then that's already a total of 30 minutes, and that's just the minigame. We have only 60 minutes in DW and we have other things to load.....this is exactly why I never want to visit the Manor again using my Black. Too many Candle Blowing minigame. I prefer visiting it using my Black 2 instead, more varied minigames and besides, I want a Duosion, which is B2/W2 only by default anyway.
    As for hoping the AI will make a mistake, after three rounds the AI changes into a smarter one that will NOT make any mistake on its own. The only thing we can do is planning our turns so that the AI is the last to blow a candle, or at least force the AI to blow the blue candle.
    Thing is, though, I don't mind thinking things through if I'm given enough time to. But I'd have to have 5 minutes or something with it in order to plan things out like that. The time limit is kind of long, true, but I think the mere fact that it's timed still makes it feel like it's rushing me.

Find a Pokemon is easy, it's my fave out of the lot. It may be random where they are, but there are tactics you can use to find the Pokemon in about thirty seconds. And the berry tends to be close to the Pokemon you're looking for.

DW is boring to me now, i'm only doing it for the berries at this point. i've gotten 10 rows on my W2 file & i'm trying to grow enough of the EV reducing berries. glad they only take 2 days. so far, i have all the new berries that were released & one of my DW friends has the liechi & salac growing, so i should be able to get those with the next few weeks.
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

I'm in an interesting situation now, haven't said so before for some reason.

See, I'm only able to access the Game Sync function when I'm at home. Right now I'm at Uni, so Alexa (the tucked in Haxorus) is trapped in the Dream World for 4 weeks. I've used up my Isle of Dreams visits and my plant watering rations. So I'm spending the hour just romping around other Dream Worlds in order to leave footprints, increasing the chance of finding rare berries (I've seen someone with Salac and Liechi berries growing so I'd imagine those'll be available from Share Shelves soon) and the chance of people going to my World in return and watering my garden for better yield, perpetuating the berry cycle I have going on.

I've won 5 Liechi and 5 salac berry on my White 1 and White 2. Usually, when I participate on the tournment, I won a berry only on my White 2...
    My friend code. 5071 4833 9653

My current Flower Shop in Join Avenue has Liechi Berry, so if I ever found the Liechi in DW, it will be just for collection

And I forgot to mention one more minigame in my above list, the Drink Serving minigame. The annoying part is the customer, sometimes they take too long to appear and that's just wasting our time.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I'm far too busy serving drinks to the other tables and then returning to ever need to wait on customers. I've learned to haul three at a time, though.

Hey guys I'm confused about one thing - bulbapedia says that tornadus' DW ability is defiant, right? Then how come when I transferred my tornadus from the dream radar to my game he has regenerator? He's in the pink ball, but has the normal ability
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Hey guys I'm confused about one thing - bulbapedia says that tornadus' DW ability is defiant, right? Then how come when I transferred my tornadus from the dream radar to my game he has regenerator? He's in the pink ball, but has the normal ability
    Therian Forme Tornadus only has Regenerator. Switch it into Incarnate Forme, its ability will change into Defiant.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Therian Forme Tornadus only has Regenerator. Switch it into Incarnate Forme, its ability will change into Defiant.
    Ooh right I see! Thanks
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

So, how much long do you think the DW will remain open, now that the 6th generation is comming? Are tehre any news areas to be open?
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    So, how much long do you think the DW will remain open, now that the 6th generation is comming? Are tehre any news areas to be open?
    I think it'll stay open. They might add some 6th gen only areas, but I think for the most part they'll handle it like they do in BW2, where they utilize old areas but change the availability of certain Pokemon. I'm more curious about how items will be handled, since 6th gen DW will likely have some new items floating around people's Share Shelves.

They can set it so that you can't trade the item off the Share Shelf if you're using B/W/B2/W2. I'm very sure PGL keeps a track on what game we're currently using.

As for new areas, what else they can add? We already have a park, a manor, a forest, the sea, the sky, a cave, and a mountain range.

The only other area I think they can add is a beach area, but what kind of Pokemon will be available there? Everything they can add to the area, up to Gen V, are already available, with the exception of legendaries, starters, and for whatever reason, the elemental monkeys, Archen, Gothita line, and Litwick line.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Hmm, I think the Dream World will be a 5th Gen only quirk. They still haven't closed Gen 4's GTS but I guess that's a different thing and more "necessary".
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast