Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I currently have 1330 Dream points & I've been trying to push into getting a Zubat from Windswept Sky. According to the main site, all I need is 1500 points, but Bulbapedia says I also need 4 badges. Right now I only have 2. Is it true that I need 4 badges or not?
    You do need both.

It's the same as when you use B/W account, really. In B/W account you also need both a certain amount of points and a certain amount of badges to unlock the Sky and the Sea.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    You do need both.

It's the same as when you use B/W account, really. In B/W account you also need both a certain amount of points and a certain amount of badges to unlock the Sky and the Sea.
    Krap!! I didn't know from BW before because I first unlocked Windswept Sky after I earned the Quake Badge
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    PGL takes up one of the two processors on my computer.... No wonder why it lags so much (plugin container is where Flash is running).
    Ugh no wonder. I wish they'd fix it a bit... it didn't start lagging on my computer until they did the update right before BW2 released. What on earth have they done?

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

For me, the only "heavy" part of PGL is the main page. IMO it's like they went overboard with the Flash

The DW itself isn't that heavy. In fact, it's very....light. And I'm using Firefox.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

I haven't had any lag for the DW at all, and I primarily use DW with firefox.
    If anything it's been a bit faster

:O

First day to actually do anything in a while.

I tucked in my Shiny Darkrai, and took care of my plants. Afterwards, I went to the Island of Dreams. Despite the 10-minute-loading period, I found myself a Spinarak. Left the Island, came back and found myself in Rugged Mountains. I encountered a nice Trapinch. Later, I went back to the island for the third time, and befriended nothing. I gave it one more try, and returned to Spooky Manor. Befriended a Spoink. Finally, my hour was nearing it's end, so I took a nice Trapinch home.

I also happened to have a DWF Tangela in the Forest thingy, so I caught the Trapinch and Tangela. All of the pokemon befriended today were female >

Now, I'm about to make a new Trainer Profile so I can conenct with my other copy of White, then use my copy of B2 later.
    Show me how to lie, you’re getting better all the time
    And turning all against the one is an art that’s hard to teach
    Another clever word sets off an unsuspecting herd
    And as you step back in the line a mob jumps to their feet

Now dance, ****er, dance, man, he never had a chance
    And no one even knew, it was really only you

And now you steal away
    Take him out today
    Nice work you did
    You’re gonna go far, kid

Slowly outta line and drifting closer in your sights
    So play it out I’m wide awake, it’s a scene about me
    There’s something in your way and now someone is gonna pay
    And if you can’t get what you want, well, it’s all because of me

I'm kinda surprised to see that my B2 house didn't receive much friend request, considering I have a Micle Berry planted lol

Most likely because of the house - I still haven't got enough berry to buy a new and more attractive house.

Anyway, took a female Murkrow today.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Just a few questions..
    Just starting out with the Dream World. Am I supposed to be only going to the Icey Cave and the Sparkling Sea? It doesn't even matter what Pokemon I tuck in, I'm only being sent to those areas. Also, why does Fennel keep giving me the basic introduction to the dream world? I thought that dialogue was supposed to happen the very first time you enter the dream world, but this is my 5th time there and she keeps popping up to tell me stuff I already know.. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurry View Post
    Just a few questions..
    Just starting out with the Dream World. Am I supposed to be only going to the Icey Cave and the Sparkling Sea? It doesn't even matter what Pokemon I tuck in, I'm only being sent to those areas. Also, why does Fennel keep giving me the basic introduction to the dream world? I thought that dialogue was supposed to happen the very first time you enter the dream world, but this is my 5th time there and she keeps popping up to tell me stuff I already know.. ._.
    You'll unlock more areas the more Dream Points you accumulate. You acquire points by logging in, beating mini-games, watering another person's garden, etc.
    Edit: Also depends on how many badges you have in your game. 4 badges unlocks certain areas, as well as having all 8, along with a certain amount of combined Dream Points.

As for Fennel giving you an intro every time, make sure the cookies for PGL are on your computer, or I do believe it will start over in the sense on her re-introducing you to everything.
    Last edited by -Nator-; 4th November 2012 at 8:39 AM.
    Under Construction

I see, I initially thought it was a glitch as to why I was constantly being sent to the Icey Cave/Sparkling Sea. Didn't you originally start out in the Pleasant Forest, though, with BW? I suppose I should be more adamant about playing the mini games then. It's just, I can't stand that awful drink serving minigame, and the one where you have to slide across the ice is the laggiest thing ever. It's just discouraging is all.. :/

Yes I think the starting area is different for the two games. You should probably open up most of the areas in 2 to 3 days though if you're doing it right.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

No lag for me at all here. I'm using safari.

I am annoyed that tucking in a pokemon won't work if you did DST. I mean, the 3DS doesn't do it on it's own like apple's computers and ETC do, so it's annoying having to be penalized just due to a routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurry View Post
    the one where you have to slide across the ice is the laggiest thing ever.
    If you meant the Pokemon we use moves slower than the others, I think it is intended lol

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    You do need both. [4 badges and 1500 Dream Points]

Ah, that explains it. I always thought it was just 1500 points too, but now I can officially blame my too-frequent visits to the Sparking Sea and the Icy Cave (especially the latter--I'm really beginning to get annoyed with that damn cave) on the fact that I only have three badges.

And I am another Firefox user who hasn't experienced any lag problems. The longest lag I've experienced was about 10 seconds, and never while playing a minigame. I wonder if the lag could also depend on the computer's processing speed or video drivers or something.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

hey do we need to reunlock the other areas? all im able to go to is Sparkling Sea and Icy Cave. im using the DW to help complete my national dex and I have all of the Sparlking Sea Pokemon and most of the Icy Cave ones

Quote Originally Posted by cybersonic233 View Post
    hey do we need to reunlock the other areas? all im able to go to is Sparkling Sea and Icy Cave. im using the DW to help complete my national dex and I have all of the Sparlking Sea Pokemon and most of the Icy Cave ones
    Yes, we have to re-unlock them, since we're using B2/W2 game this time, not B/W. Even using another B/W game still force you to re-unlock all the areas, since each house has different Dream Points.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I'm very much looking forward to discovering the Pokémon that'll be available in the new area. It's nice to see it finally announced, since we've known about it for a while. It supposedly includes statues of the Unova starters, but I greatly doubt that means we'll be able to encounter them. I think it's quite possible for Litwick to be featured in this area. I hope it will be, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to discovering the Pokémon that'll be available in the new area. It's nice to see it finally announced, since we've known about it for a while. It supposedly includes statues of the Unova starters, but I greatly doubt that means we'll be able to encounter them. I think it's quite possible for Litwick to be featured in this area. I hope it will be, anyway.
    If Litwick wasn't put in the spooky manor I highly doubt it will be at an open park.

The only Pokemon I can think of will be the three Monkeys. I wonder if this will be the area that they cave in and put in Pikachu

someone put a micle berry on my share shelf!!! somebody loves me

I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way...Whenever I unfortunately have to go to Rugged Mountain, I always have to play the "Find Gems with Sabeleye" game. Does anyone else feel like that game is unfair as all get out? I have a Macbook, and my trackpad just doesn't like drawing those designs to get the gems. Granted, I never do poorly, it just seems the game wasn't thought out well for all users. I hate missing out on good Pokemon just because the game is wonky. Thoughts? Anyone else have a game they hate? I saw someone above mentioned the ice game being laggy, and I would have to agree. I use Safari on a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro and it just sucks. I don't really have problems with other games though. Except maybe the Charizard game being a bit jumpy.
    My Shines (Gifts/GTS, some RE): -Lucky, -Pichu, -Raichu, - Vileplume, -Bellera, -Hunbro, -Entei, - Darunia, -Burning, -Mew, -Flybea, - Azumarill, -Weavile, -Arceus, - Blaxorus, -Janine, -Swampert, -O'kee, -Purple, -Suicune, -Raikou, -Furret, -Blupo, -Charming (first random encounter on Black), -Blingblang, -Tempos, -Whiscash, -Rueben and Rubri, -Goragal, -Starmie, -Porygon-Z, -Athena, -Jim Bo, -Pinkeye (first ever shiny encounter on Emerald).

I agree, it's hard to get a high score on the Sabeleye game if you don't have a regular mouse. Also I can never get a good score on the ice cream game, not sure why though.

Quote Originally Posted by draco4725 View Post
    I agree, it's hard to get a high score on the Sabeleye game if you don't have a regular mouse. Also I can never get a good score on the ice cream game, not sure why though.
    I've been doing better at the ice cream game since I started paying attention to the side bar that says "bite size", and making the bites that big. Also, theres an art to the stacking, I try to use only the stickiest ice cream, even though I lose the all flavors bonuses. However, the highest I've ever gotten is around 16,000. Considering I can get about 50,000 on all other games, it's pretty disheartening. I'm not sure what the secret is.
    My Shines (Gifts/GTS, some RE): -Lucky, -Pichu, -Raichu, - Vileplume, -Bellera, -Hunbro, -Entei, - Darunia, -Burning, -Mew, -Flybea, - Azumarill, -Weavile, -Arceus, - Blaxorus, -Janine, -Swampert, -O'kee, -Purple, -Suicune, -Raikou, -Furret, -Blupo, -Charming (first random encounter on Black), -Blingblang, -Tempos, -Whiscash, -Rueben and Rubri, -Goragal, -Starmie, -Porygon-Z, -Athena, -Jim Bo, -Pinkeye (first ever shiny encounter on Emerald).

Quote Originally Posted by MallorylovesVulpix View Post
    I've been doing better at the ice cream game since I started paying attention to the side bar that says "bite size", and making the bites that big. Also, theres an art to the stacking, I try to use only the stickiest ice cream, even though I lose the all flavors bonuses. However, the highest I've ever gotten is around 16,000. Considering I can get about 50,000 on all other games, it's pretty disheartening. I'm not sure what the secret is.
    I'm good at all the mini games except that hide and seek one and the one where u gotta collect the deserts those two are annoying ._.

I started using the Dream World with Black 2 today. Instead of creating a new account, I decided to use the same one I use for Black. Tucked in a Carnivine, got all the free dolls with the new promotions and used them to decorate my house a bit. Had five Passho Berries to start with, planted three of those as well as a few other berries I found while exploring the Islands. Sent friend requests to my two other houses and two houses belonging to a friend, also received a random friend request from another player. Got to the Sea seven times and the Icy Cave three times, found that a bit odd as I had expected to get to the Forest since I sent in a Grass-type. I befriended nine Pokemon, would have befriended more if it weren’t for the lag which made some minigames nearly unplayable. Either way, three of them were female, Stunfisk, Alomomola and Whismur, I kept the Alomomola.

Also got the Keldeo C-gear skin and the Starter Pokedex skin for my game.

For the hide and seek game, I never click on any of the rustling objects until I have found the missing item. The pokemon you're looking for is always, if not on that same spot the item is, at a maximum of 2 areas in each direction that the item is found in.
    Got my copy of X!

Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast