Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ....then obviously it's the points + Genesect being a Steel-Type (IIRC Steels gets sent to the cave as well)

If you tuck in something like a Lapras/Dewgong/Cloyster (all are Water/Ice), you'll go to either the Cave or the Sea. For B2/W2, the default areas are the Cave and the Sea.

So the area you go to, also depends on your pokemon's type?

Yep, the types are listed under "Type Preferences" here (just click the area you're curious about).

For a quicker reference, though:
    Beginning
    Icy Cave: Ground, Ice, Rock, Steel
    Sparkling Sea: Water

1500 Dream Points, 4 Badges
    Spooky Manor: Dark, Ghost, Psychic
    Windswept Sky: Flying

3000 Dream Points, 8 Badges
    Pleasant Forest: Bug, Electric, Grass, Poison
    Rugged Mountain: Fire, Fighting, Ground, Rock, Steel

So if you want to go to the manor and have the badges/points needed, you'll be more likely to be sent there if you have a dark, psychic, or ghost pokemon tucked in, for example.

Well, I tucked in my Virizion this time around and put a few extra Micle Berries on other people's share shelves if I noticed that they didn't have any growing in their gardens. I'll have to plant a few more before I'll be willing to give out too many others, but I left a few on my own shelf. I found all of two female pokemon this time (one of which I already had), so I took back the female Gastly.
    Last edited by Ememew; 10th November 2012 at 9:25 PM.
    Oh, look! I wrote a fanfic! Weak (One-Shot. Rated G). Can Iris convince Bianca that she can't just avoid her problems?

And another one: Mischief (One-Shot. Rated G). A little fun for October.

then I'll tuck in Palkia today. First time it was Heatran, second time it was Genesect
    岩根雅明=♡

I have an extraordinary request for anybody that can get to the Pleasant Forest in BW2. Can someone find out the fifth gen Pokemon that reside in the ponds? I believe Tympole would be one, but what about Shelmet. These are the two I'm primarily interested in. A print screen picture or two would be great.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Sent a Burmy to the Dream World today, had a quite okay session. Got to the Sea and the Icy Cave five times each, the Manor once. Which also means that I got more than 1500 points during the session and unlocked two more areas. Befriended a total of nine Pokemon, two of them were female: Barboach and Onix. But I kept a Voltorb instead since I already had those two females. Will probably take a break from the Dream World now, not sure for how long.

Pokécheck - undergoing Maintenance | Viv | VIP

I found out I'm evil genies I found a way to get multiple DR legendaries without

deleting dream radar save file and restart collecting the orbs

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

I got to go into the sea and befriend lot's of Pokemon. I took a clampearl with me. I wonder how people can take muliple Pokemon with them and have a boatload waiting at entree forest?
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I got to go into the sea and befriend lot's of Pokemon. I took a clampearl with me. I wonder how people can take muliple Pokemon with them and have a boatload waiting at entree forest?
    By not catching them right away. You can only take back one at a time (unless they give out a promotional pokemon, in which case you can take back both the promotional critter and the one you picked up normally from the isle of dreams), but you don't have to actually catch it in the entree forest right away. If you want the forest to build up, just bring things back and leave them in the forest instead of catching them for a few days. Then you'll be able to go in and catch them all at once.
    Oh, look! I wrote a fanfic! Weak (One-Shot. Rated G). Can Iris convince Bianca that she can't just avoid her problems?

And another one: Mischief (One-Shot. Rated G). A little fun for October.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    By not catching them right away. You can only take back one at a time (unless they give out a promotional pokemon, in which case you can take back both the promotional critter and the one you picked up normally from the isle of dreams), but you don't have to actually catch it in the entree forest right away. If you want the forest to build up, just bring things back and leave them in the forest instead of catching them for a few days. Then you'll be able to go in and catch them all at once.
    I'll remember that tomorrow. Thanks :]
    岩根雅明=♡

I managed to get my Heat Wave Magby who's female the other day from the Dream World. I'm still contemplating whether I should breed it to get a good nature (since Heat Wave can be taught by tutor) or just use this one in my team. I'll be deciding once I finish getting my Scyther up to par.

So, Pikachu Dream World Amazon promotion. It seems that becuase I preordered in Sept instead of buying Nov I am not entitled to codes for my game. I have spoken to Amazon and that is their stance.

Anyone else a bit bummed out about this. Ok, another pikachu is not central to my wellbeing... but still... feels a bit stupid to me.

Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere...

I honestly don't care about the DW Pikachu promotion.

I already have the Japanese one, which was released way back then during B/W era.
    And it's a female one, so I can breed it if I want more. Yes it's female, the Sing-Teeter Dance Lightningrod Pikachu released in Japan on 2011 is female.

On top of that, the Worlds 2012 Fly Pikachu is also both female and has Lightningrod ability.

So it should be very easy to get a Lightningrod Pichu via the GTS. There's no reason why we absolutely need the event

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I honestly don't care about the DW Pikachu promotion.

I already have the Japanese one, which was released way back then during B/W era.
    And it's a female one, so I can breed it if I want more. Yes it's female, the Sing-Teeter Dance Lightningrod Pikachu released in Japan on 2011 is female.

On top of that, the Worlds 2012 Fly Pikachu is also both female and has Lightningrod ability.

So it should be very easy to get a Lightningrod Pichu via the GTS. There's no reason why we absolutely need the event
    I don't use the GTS anymore... too many hacked pokemon during P/D lead to my save cart with all my many shinies on it having to be quaranteened.
    So if I can't get it myself, then I can't get it

Quote Originally Posted by dancingmonkey View Post
    I don't use the GTS anymore... too many hacked pokemon during P/D lead to my save cart with all my many shinies on it having to be quaranteened.
    So if I can't get it myself, then I can't get it
    Ikr? Never gonna use GTS in my life.

What makes me mad is that I bought White 2 from Amazon UK and they won't give me the pass cause I bought it as soon as it was released D:
    <--- My Tumblr ♥ ~ (Thanks Mega Weavile)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    A Zinedine Zidane Pokemon would be awesome, although his only known move will probably be headbutt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Icing Sugar View Post
    Ikr? Never gonna use GTS in my life.

What makes me mad is that I bought White 2 from Amazon UK and they won't give me the pass cause I bought it as soon as it was released D:
    You and me both man... you and me both.

Hello.

I just thought I'd ask. I like the DW and I like the berries, however, I'm at a loss on how many Dream points you need to go above 5 rows, where I am right now. What I know right now is...

3rd Row: 900 pts.
    4th Row: 2100 pts.
    5th Row: 3500 pts.

I've seen gardens with nine rows and I've heard you could get up to 10. If anyone can help with how many points I need to get more rows, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by tailmister View Post
    Hello.

I just thought I'd ask. I like the DW and I like the berries, however, I'm at a loss on how many Dream points you need to go above 5 rows, where I am right now. What I know right now is...

3rd Row: 900 pts.
    4th Row: 2100 pts.
    5th Row: 3500 pts.

I've seen gardens with nine rows and I've heard you could get up to 10. If anyone can help with how many points I need to get more rows, that would be great.
    6th Row: 10,000 pts
    7th Row: 20,000 pts
    8th Row: 30,000 pts
    9th Row: 50,000 pts
    10th Row: 100,000 pts
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...m_World#Garden

I'm not really sure if I'm going to bother getting the upcoming DW Scizor or not, since it's absolutely useless compared to its normal abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    I'm not really sure if I'm going to bother getting the upcoming DW Scizor or not, since it's absolutely useless compared to its normal abilities.
    I'll probably nab it since I like the idea of just catching a Scizor. And hey one less thing to evolve

they should do a special limited-time area filled with nothing but trade evolutions. Would love to see them wander around my entralink forest

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I'll probably nab it since I like the idea of just catching a Scizor. And hey one less thing to evolve

they should do a special limited-time area filled with nothing but trade evolutions. Would love to see them wander around my entralink forest
    Eh, I've got plenty of Metal Coats, so I'm all set. I might just RNG it for lols, but that's if I decide to get it in the first place.

As for trade-Evos area, that might be cool.

Let's see:
    Alakazam - Magic Guard
    Machamp - Steadfast
    Golem - Sand Veil
    Gengar - Levitate
    Politoed - Drizzle
    Steelix - Sheer Force
    Scizor - Light Metal
    Kingdra - Damp
    Porygon2 - Analytic
    Huntail - Water Veil
    Gorebyss - Water Veil
    Magmortar - Vital Spirit
    Electivire - Vital Spirit
    Porygon-Z - Analytic
    Dusknoir - Pressure
    Gigalith - Sand Force
    Conkeldurr - Iron Fist
    Escavelier - Overcoat
    Accelegor - Unburden

think that's all of them? (going off memory here).

Even more useless when you remember Scyther is available in the Forest + Pursuit is Scyther's level-up move. Literally the only good thing on it is Steel Wing, but who has Steel Wing on a Scizor? Everyone knows Technician-boosted Bullet Punch is better.

IMO, this is the same as when they randomly decide to distribute Goon's Scizor. Not just it is the same Pokemon, but it also has nothing special on it, apart from being a Scizor inside a Cherish Ball. In other words, they're repeating the history of making a useless Scizor event.

But the idea of a special area filled with trade evo Pokemon is indeed a great idea
    Sure most of them (well their pre-evo at least) would be already available in other areas, but not having to trade to get them is a big plus.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Well Swarm isn't as absolutely useless on Scizor as Light Metal. All Light Metal does is make it so Grass Knot (to which it has a 4x resist, I might add) and Low Kick do less damage, neither of which hit it for maximum damage to begin with.

Eh, I've got plenty of Metal Coats, so I'm all set. I might just RNG it for lols, but that's if I decide to get it in the first place.

As for trade-Evos area, that might be cool.

Let's see:
    Alakazam - Magic Guard
    Machamp - Steadfast
    Golem - Sand Veil
    Gengar - Levitate
    Politoed - Drizzle
    Steelix - Sheer Force
    Scizor - Light Metal
    Kingdra - Damp
    Porygon2 - Analytic
    Huntail - Water Veil
    Gorebyss - Water Veil
    Magmortar - Vital Spirit
    Electivire - Vital Spirit
    Porygon-Z - Analytic
    Dusknoir - Pressure
    Gigalith - Sand Force
    Conkeldurr - Iron Fist
    Escavelier - Overcoat
    Accelegor - Unburden

think that's all of them? (going off memory here).
    I think the only omission here is Slowking
    Though sadly the 4 gen 5 trade evos don't even have overworlds (how would the game handle that anyway? just a black square?)
    Well Swarm isn't as absolutely useless on Scizor as Light Metal. All Light Metal does is make it so Grass Knot (to which it has a 4x resist, I might add) and Low Kick do less damage, neither of which hit it for maximum damage to begin with.
    And it doesn't really effect the damage that much
    Base 100 to base 80. Which is more than what Registeel (120 to 100) and Metagross (NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER) can say, I suppose.

What a joke of an ability.

I'll be looking into the whole Scizor distribution. I'm not familiar with Pokémon Leagues, but seems like we have to register at one in order to receive the Scizor when he becomes available. Seems like a lot of effort in order to get Scizor that isn't all that special, but I do like Scyther as my favourite Pokémon and naturally Scizor is up there. I figure I'd register at the Pokémon League for future Pokémon. Will make things easier if I get it over with now.

Pansear is live on the Global Link for Japan もうかねっぷう

Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast