Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1835

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    White 2: Tucked in a Yanma. Got to the Manor four times, the Sea and Sky twice each, and the Dream Park and Icy Cave once each. Found it a bit weird as I had expected to get to the Sky more when I had tucked in a Flying-type.
    What's even weirder is that you didn't go to the Forest at all. Considering Yanma is Bug/Flying, with Bug being the primary type, you should have visited the Forest often.

I also decided to take the time for some of the minigames while playing today. The Wailord game does as everyone knows have a time limit of one minute and thirty seconds, but when I compared it with a timer, it showed that I had played for three minutes, twice as long as I was supposed to. Did the same for the Sky race game, finished the game in 1:31 according to the timer in the game, but the actual time spent was around 2:15.
    There's something we're missing here, I think. I played Sky Race with a timer on my other hand, both the timer and the result screen matched, in terms of the time spent.
    But the second time I did it, the screen shows that I've played it for 1:07, yet the timer shows that I've played for 1:35, which should have been impossible considering the maximum was 1:30. The third time I did it, my timer shows that I've played for 20 seconds longer than the time displayed on the result screen.

Also calculated my time for Water Spout, timer says I spent 2 minutes, when the limit is only 1 minute and 30 seconds.....

By the way, are you sure you just counted the playing time? If you include the loading time (including when the result are displayed), of course it will looks like you spent more time than you're supposed to.
    This shows very clearly when you're playing the Candle minigame - you have 90 seconds, but since you take turns with the AI, the actual time spent for the playing part alone is much more than that. What makes it even worse is that the Candle minigame is the second longest in terms of loading the game before playing....

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    actually yes. thanks. . I do have the berries Rowap, Wacan, Colbur, Yache, and Micle. Any idea how to get berries from other people?
    If I understand this question correctly, while at your home go to the Dream Pal Map and select any island with another person's username and then check their Share Shelf, you can trade items you have for theirs. It's all down to chance and the generosity of others though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

I've been playing the Dream World a lot recently. I just got a female DW Vulpix and a female DW Poliwag two days in a row.
    3DS Friend Code
    4854-6478-8554
    Friend Safari
    Fire with Magmar, Slugma, and Braixen. Please PM if you want to add me.

Shinies Obtained
    Crobat, Golem, Magnezone, Butterfree, Spheal, Luvdisc, Charizard, Xatu

Shinies obtained from GTS/Trades
    Parasect, Glameow, Chansey, Deoxys, Lugia, Machamp, Linoone, Spiritomb

Hey guys, I need some advice on the best ways to direct my Pokemon to Windswept Sky. At the moment, I am using a Tornadus since it is the only pure Flying-type, but I'm worried of losing it, as it's my only one, should my Wi-Fi cease from working for whatever reason. Anyway, my question is what will happen if I tuck in a Dragon/Flying-type? Will my chances of going to Windswept Sky increase, thanks to its secondary typing? Or will its primary typing as a Dragon ("basically giving no preference to any location") override this?

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    Hey guys, I need some advice on the best ways to direct my Pokemon to Windswept Sky. At the moment, I am using a Tornadus since it is the only pure Flying-type, but I'm worried of losing it, as it's my only one, should my Wi-Fi cease from working for whatever reason. Anyway, my question is what will happen if I tuck in a Dragon/Flying-type? Will my chances of going to Windswept Sky increase, thanks to its secondary typing? Or will its primary typing as a Dragon ("basically giving no preference to any location") override this?
    Any Type without a preference basically causes it to lean to it's secondary Type.

So any Flying/Dragon you send in should almost always send you to Windswpt Sky.

Oh, okay. Thanks, that's what I thought.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    What's even weirder is that you didn't go to the Forest at all. Considering Yanma is Bug/Flying, with Bug being the primary type, you should have visited the Forest often.
    It's not that strange since I haven't unlocked the Forest on that account yet, I'm still under 3000 points.

There's something we're missing here, I think. I played Sky Race with a timer on my other hand, both the timer and the result screen matched, in terms of the time spent.
    But the second time I did it, the screen shows that I've played it for 1:07, yet the timer shows that I've played for 1:35, which should have been impossible considering the maximum was 1:30. The third time I did it, my timer shows that I've played for 20 seconds longer than the time displayed on the result screen.

Also calculated my time for Water Spout, timer says I spent 2 minutes, when the limit is only 1 minute and 30 seconds.....
    Well, that's better than any of the times I got. Not sure if anything is missing, I guess it is just dependant on something I'm not sure of...

By the way, are you sure you just counted the playing time? If you include the loading time (including when the result are displayed), of course it will looks like you spent more time than you're supposed to.
    This shows very clearly when you're playing the Candle minigame - you have 90 seconds, but since you take turns with the AI, the actual time spent for the playing part alone is much more than that. What makes it even worse is that the Candle minigame is the second longest in terms of loading the game before playing....
    Yes, it was just the playing time. I started the timer when the timers in the minigames started and stopped it when the timers in the minigames stopped/were out of time. I guess the reason it took so much longer was because the games would often lag a lot while I was playing them, making the timers slow down as well. Which is quite weird.

---

Didn't go to the Dream World today, so nothing new to post otherwise.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

It's not that strange since I haven't unlocked the Forest on that account yet, I'm still under 3000 points.
    ....oh XD

Well, that's better than any of the times I got. Not sure if anything is missing, I guess it is just dependant on something I'm not sure of...
    That's what I meant with missing something, it depends on something we're not sure of.

I guess the reason it took so much longer was because the games would often lag a lot while I was playing them, making the timers slow down as well. Which is quite weird.
    ....I thought about that too, actually. Maybe the timer works just like the game - it depends on internet speed for whatever reason.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Despite the 11 day hunt for a female Plusle ending minutes before, White2 decided to call upon sod's law and send me to the Dream Park, (despite never needing to go there again,) all 12 times and I found 5 Plusles, four male and another female. Still took the female, but it's been an interesting day in the Dream World...
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Hey guys, finally made the leap and figured out all of this Dream World stuff today, my first visit sent me to Icy Cave and I bagged myself a Mold Breaker Drillbur (male)

Not sure if that's any good or not but I had a question: What are the chances of getting a female?

Currently playing Pokemon Y!
    Bulbafett the Venusaur
    Heisenberg the Chesnaught
    Bonflyer the Talonflame
    Gyo the Garchomp
    Polterslice the Aegislash
    Kingpin the Pangoro

Currently: Filling the dex post E4
    Hit me up for some trades: 2638 - 0476 - 2856

Supposedly a 25% chance regardless of gender ratio (unless it's all male/all female/genderless):

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...land_of_Dreams

thanks better get searching for a Heracross then, final member of my team.

Bulbafett the Venusaur
    Bonflyer the Talonflame
    Gyo the Garchomp
    Kingpin the Pangoro

You better get working fast if you want a Heracross (you said you satrted today?), I believe the Gen V Global Link closes in October and you need 10000 points for Heracross:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._World_area%29

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    You better get working fast if you want a Heracross (you said you satrted today?), I believe the Gen V Global Link closes in October and you need 10000 points for Heracross:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._World_area%29
    Ahh, well that's that down the hole then. Hopefully I can find someone who will trade me a Heracross, it doesn't even need to have Moxie, just can't find one easily in White2.

Bulbafett the Venusaur
    Bonflyer the Talonflame
    Gyo the Garchomp
    Kingpin the Pangoro

I happen to have a female Heracross. I'm just racking up points for White 2 (almost at 5000) whereas my White is in 80K. some pokemon have levitate, so ignore those pokemon since they're default. (approximately 84 Pokemon have defaults in the Dream World) Yes I counted these evolutions. interesting, so that's how you water other people's gardens. maybe i can get some berries the easy way? I remember there was a trick to see that person's how by the ID and server number, but I don't remember where.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 25th July 2013 at 10:54 PM.

Ok, I HATE THE SABLEYE MINIGAME. That thing always costs me a decent Pokemon! I was lucky enough that I got enough points to get a female Pokemon today, but it was a Duskull, so it didn't really matter. T_T Oh well, I can always use Duskull on my playthrough team, which would be nice with all of the Normal type Pokemon in the game.

Side note: has anybody else noticed how fun it is to knock the snot out of Audion to train Ghost type Pokemon? They can't even fight back, so it's a breeze for Ghost types!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Ok, I HATE THE SABLEYE MINIGAME. That thing always costs me a decent Pokemon!
    The gem collecting mini game really is terrible for a computer, it'd be much more appropriate for a DS or tablet mini game where you can use a stylus. The fact that I don't have a steady hand doesn't really help either. But you can get good at it with enough practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Today I logged in to the dream world after a long hiatus and snatched some of those new ganlon etc berries and planted them... not much but it will be nice to have them.

I also noticed that apparently the site will be shutting down this fall. I hope they allow us to keep all the decorations and stuff from the dream world... I bought everything from the catalog a while ago. Maybe will be able to transfer it to the new X and Y games in some fashion or another?
    I do not care about signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The gem collecting mini game really is terrible for a computer, it'd be much more appropriate for a DS or tablet mini game where you can use a stylus. The fact that I don't have a steady hand doesn't really help either. But you can get good at it with enough practice.
    This.

I hate the minigame, it's just a good thing you just have to keep drawing diagonal ines to win.

Has anybody ever played the Board Flying Minigame outside the demo?

I only played it once there and never encountered it again.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    This.

I hate the minigame, it's just a good thing you just have to keep drawing diagonal ines to win.
    There's a few V shapes to draw, though. It's about 40% diagonal lines, 40% V shapes, and 20% other stuff (there's a few Z shapes and one triangle you have to draw).

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Has anybody ever played the Board Flying Minigame outside the demo?
    Unless you mean the Sky Race, then no, I've never heard of that one. The only ones that you have to do are:

-Search for Pokemon
    -Ice Cream Scoop
    -Sky Race
    -Wailord
    -Blow Out Candles
    -Gem Collecting
    -Frozen Treats
    -Lake Skipping
    -Pokemon Bistro (only available through the Japan exclusive Pokemon Cafe expansion or BW2)
    -Treasure Box (only available through the 14th movie special home or BW2)
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The only board-related minigame I've ever seen is the Lake Skipping minigame, which is available only in the Dream Park area.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I gained 2 of the event berries today, I believe the petaya and apicot, from someone's share shelf today- those are the first I traded for (someone unbelievably left a Salac and Liechi on my shelf).

Anyway, I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I've captured over 50 DW pokemon, and I was curious about how good the ones I've got are. I'm mostly just curious which are really good or really awful- don't worry about ranking them otherwise.

Anyway, here they are: Poochyena, Miltank, Oddish, Spearow, Pawnaird, Farfetch'd, Roselia, Stantler, Cherubi, Shinx, Axew, Eevee, Pinsir, Staravia, Scolipede, Duosion, Natu, Zubat, Lapras, Heracross, Smeargle, Mr. Mime, Torkoal, Tropius, Vanillish, Trapinch, Tirtouga, Boldore, Clamperl, Seedot, Druddigon, Geodude, Relicanth, Gligar, Remoraid, Pineco, Murkrow, Swellow, Shuppet, Magikarp, Kabuto, Scraggy, Drowsee, Buneary, Cubone, Hippopotas, Emolga, Aipom, Chansey, Abra, Elekid, Whismur, Goldeen, Gurdurr

(Some of these I took just because they were the only females I found that day)
    I guess the reason it took so much longer was because the games would often lag a lot while I was playing them, making the timers slow down as well. Which is quite weird.
    I was having a lot of trouble lagging for awhile- one time I started the ice desert game and saw the countdown, then the screen froze. When it unfroze, I was looking at the pokemon who wanted to me to play, and was informed I'd failed the game. After that I tried using Google Chrome and haven't had nearly as much lagging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Ok, I HATE THE SABLEYE MINIGAME. That thing always costs me a decent Pokemon! I was lucky enough that I got enough points to get a female Pokemon today, but it was a Duskull, so it didn't really matter. T_T Oh well, I can always use Duskull on my playthrough team, which would be nice with all of the Normal type Pokemon in the game.

Side note: has anybody else noticed how fun it is to knock the snot out of Audion to train Ghost type Pokemon? They can't even fight back, so it's a breeze for Ghost types!
    I like that game, it just annoys the crap out of me when the thing doesn't recognize my 'V's.

And fighting Audino with ghosts is how I got my Exp Millionaire medal.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I gained 2 of the event berries today, I believe the petaya and apicot, from someone's share shelf today- those are the first I traded for (someone unbelievably left a Salac and Liechi on my shelf).

Anyway, I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I've captured over 50 DW pokemon, and I was curious about how good the ones I've got are. I'm mostly just curious which are really good or really awful- don't worry about ranking them otherwise.

Anyway, here they are: Poochyena, Miltank, Oddish, Spearow, Pawnaird, Farfetch'd, Roselia, Stantler, Cherubi, Shinx, Axew, Eevee, Pinsir, Staravia, Scolipede, Duosion, Natu, Zubat, Lapras, Heracross, Smeargle, Mr. Mime, Torkoal, Tropius, Vanillish, Trapinch, Tirtouga, Boldore, Clamperl, Seedot, Druddigon, Geodude, Relicanth, Gligar, Remoraid, Pineco, Murkrow, Swellow, Shuppet, Magikarp, Kabuto, Scraggy, Drowsee, Buneary, Cubone, Hippopotas, Emolga, Aipom, Chansey, Abra, Elekid, Whismur, Goldeen, Gurdurr
    Well, I really don't think I can rank all of these per se, but out of the ones you've listed, definitely the most useful and valuable are Eevee, Gligar, and Aipom. As for the rest, I'm not sure that their DW abilities are any more competitively viable than their regular ones. Someone else can comment on that. Before the DW is shut down in October (or is it December? I don't remember), you need to get a DWF Vulpix and Poliwag, and a male Stealth Rock Larvitar, and males of anything that has Roost as its DW move, such as Murkrow and Skarmory.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Aipom isn't that valuable - the only thing it can utilize with Skill Link are Fury Swipes and Doubleslap, iirc even if they hit 5 times they're still weaker than Return.

Abra is more valuable, Magic Guard is an awesome ability (in fact, it's so awesome you can get an event legendary for a female DW Abra back when Spooky Manor was still new).
    Heracross and Murkrow are also great, Moxie helps them sweep the foe's team. Druddigon is great as well, Mold Breaker is an awesome ability. Spearow is great, since Fearow has access to Drill Run. Miltank goes on this category as well, being able to safely switch into Grass move and takes advantage of it is a nice thing.

Trapinch on the other hand, is pointless, unless you like Little Cup. Pineco isn't so great - the only thing Overcoat does is protecting Forretress against Hail, which is rare anyway. Taillow isn't that great either, since you can hit Ghosts using Flying move anyway. Cherrim has no hidden ability at all, and its special moves aren't that good either, so pretty much the only reason to get one from DW is to have one inside a Dream Ball. Vanillish isn't a good one either, as using Autotomize is better.

Not sure about the others, though.

As for DWF Vulpix and Poliwag, you can get them through Hidden Grotto, though I think it's harder than using DW.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Aipom isn't that valuable - the only thing it can utilize with Skill Link are Fury Swipes and Doubleslap, iirc even if they hit 5 times they're still weaker than Return.
    The reason I mentioned Aipom was because it can also use Beat Up (if you're going for the Ambipom/Terrakion gimmick), and then I realized that Beat Up doesn't require Skill Link to work. So whoops. And Vulpix and Poliwag are a LOT easier to get in the DW than in the Hidden Grottoes. I check every single Grotto almost every day and the only Pokemon I've ever gotten from them since B2W2 came out is Combee and Bibarel.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast