Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1835

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

they really need to release more old starters in the dream world. i have all the regulat abilities starters, but only DW sinnoh starters in the us? and through a walmart promotion for a game everyone already has? this needs to be fixed, pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamonator View Post
    they really need to release more old starters in the dream world. i have all the regulat abilities starters, but only DW sinnoh starters in the us? and through a walmart promotion for a game everyone already has? this needs to be fixed, pokemon.
    I think Japan got all of them (as male, there's not a chance in hell of us getting most of the starters as female), they just haven't been localized. TPCi's handling of events this gen has just been all around bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

so i'm looking for a pawniard because being able to get JUST before drayden is a little late.and after about 20 tries,i don't even get to the spooky manor.turns out...i need four badges and 1500 points.badges i under stand,but points?this basically means i have to get on every day for a while.game,i don't wanna yoloswag through this,i just want a pawniard with night slash/psycho cut,why'd you have to force me to make a new account so i could get on the dream world?
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

I went to Dream World today, but there's no Pokemon or Items... does anyone else have this problem at the moment?
    Last edited by Nekagi; 15th August 2013 at 8:32 PM.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nekagi View Post
    I went to Dream World today, but there's no Pokemon or Items... does anyone else have this problem at the moment?
    The dream world normally dries up and Pokemon and items stop appearing after you explore around 8-10 places. The dream world won't have any new Pokemon or items until you awaken your Pokemon.

My guess is that you had a previous session in the dream world that dried up, and you didn't awaken your Pokemon before today's session. If you awaken your Pokemon, and tuck in any Pokemon before going to the dream world again, you should see items and Pokemon.

Went back to the Dream World today after having a longer hiatus than I had planned. Had some Pokemon tucked in since earlier, but hadn't done anything aside from watering my berries.

Black 2: Had an Archen tucked in here. Had gotten four new Dream Pal requests and accepted them all. I got to see the Mountain, Sky and Forest three times each, and the Icy Cave twice. Did not get sent to the Mountain and Sky all the time as I had hoped, so this was a huge failure. The game also stopped loading at one point (might have been due to my internet connection, which made me lose some possible Pokemon or items I could have found otherwise. Either way, I befriended five Pokemon, Magnemite, Crustle, Pidove, Maractus and Vulpix. All of them were Male/Genderless, but I kept the Vulpix anyway.

White 2: Had a Luvdisc tucked in here. Got to see the Sea 8 times, the Park and Icy Cave once each. That was what I should have expected. Befriended three Pokemon: Stunfisk, Basculin and Clamperl. Both Basculin and Clamperl were female, and I had both since earlier, but I kept Clamperl anyway.

Also, on the old topic of minigames taking longer times than their timers say:

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ....I thought about that too, actually. Maybe the timer works just like the game - it depends on internet speed for whatever reason.
    Yep, it seems like the timers depend on internet speed. When my internet lags, the timers slows down or stops for a short while as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I was having a lot of trouble lagging for awhile- one time I started the ice desert game and saw the countdown, then the screen froze. When it unfroze, I was looking at the pokemon who wanted to me to play, and was informed I'd failed the game. After that I tried using Google Chrome and haven't had nearly as much lagging.
    I also tried using a different browser today. The results seemed good at first, I got a time of 1:09 on the Sky Racing game, with the actual time spent was 1:18. However, when I later played the Wailord game, the time it took me to complete a game was 2:50, which is about the same lag as I usually get. So not much changed.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

Have they announced yet what we'll be able to keep from Gen 5 to Gen 6? I'm wondering about things like your house, decorations and items, of course, but I'm also curious if you'll be able to keep your 5th gen friends.

Also curious, is there any relation to the pokemon tucked in and your likelihood of finding items or pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Well, I really don't think I can rank all of these per se, but out of the ones you've listed, definitely the most useful and valuable are Eevee, Gligar, and Aipom. As for the rest, I'm not sure that their DW abilities are any more competitively viable than their regular ones. Someone else can comment on that. Before the DW is shut down in October (or is it December? I don't remember), you need to get a DWF Vulpix and Poliwag, and a male Stealth Rock Larvitar, and males of anything that has Roost as its DW move, such as Murkrow and Skarmory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Aipom isn't that valuable - the only thing it can utilize with Skill Link are Fury Swipes and Doubleslap, iirc even if they hit 5 times they're still weaker than Return.

Abra is more valuable, Magic Guard is an awesome ability (in fact, it's so awesome you can get an event legendary for a female DW Abra back when Spooky Manor was still new).
    Heracross and Murkrow are also great, Moxie helps them sweep the foe's team. Druddigon is great as well, Mold Breaker is an awesome ability. Spearow is great, since Fearow has access to Drill Run. Miltank goes on this category as well, being able to safely switch into Grass move and takes advantage of it is a nice thing.
    Thanks to both of you for your responses. I knew about Vulpix and Poliwag but hadn't had the luck to find a female of them previously. However, since I wrote that old post, I've found a female Vulpix (although no female Poliwag, but like 3-4 males). I hadn't really considered going with males just for the moves so thanks for that recommendation. I actually netted a Stealth Rock Larvitar just today
    Trapinch on the other hand, is pointless, unless you like Little Cup. Pineco isn't so great - the only thing Overcoat does is protecting Forretress against Hail, which is rare anyway. Taillow isn't that great either, since you can hit Ghosts using Flying move anyway. Cherrim has no hidden ability at all, and its special moves aren't that good either, so pretty much the only reason to get one from DW is to have one inside a Dream Ball. Vanillish isn't a good one either, as using Autotomize is better.
    Most of those are ones I took simply because they were the only females I got that day...except for Trapinch. I thought Sheer Force might be good for Flygon, but at the time I didn't realize Flygon doesn't get that keep that DW ability. Does any pokemon with the non-DW ability Levitate get a DW ability?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimecho3000 View Post
    My precious berries of course were converted into dream points. :'( It was for the best anyway...there was no way I'd would be able to send them all back with only 2 months left.
    Holy...well, that answers another question I had, if anyone had seen anybody with 10 rows. What's your total number of dream points?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    I also tried using a different browser today. The results seemed good at first, I got a time of 1:09 on the Sky Racing game, with the actual time spent was 1:18. However, when I later played the Wailord game, the time it took me to complete a game was 2:50, which is about the same lag as I usually get. So not much changed.
    For me, it seems like everything runs faster- except the ice desert game. It seems like that one is moving in slow motion, although it doesn't really effect the gameplay.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 17th August 2013 at 4:58 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Also curious, is there any relation to the pokemon tucked in and your likelihood of finding items or pokemon?
    Nope, it only affects where you will go.

Does any pokemon with the non-DW ability Levitate get a DW ability?
    Nope to this one as well. All things that has Levitate doesn't get a DW ability.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Every time I go to the Dream World, I almost always go to the Dream Park first. Nowadays, I'm pretty much sick of it, but apparently, that area is the website's personal recommendation, which isn't fair because I was trying to get to the forest area with Mareep tucked in. Unfortunately, when I got to the Spooky Manor, no items or Pokemon were to be seen, so I just woke up Mareep...

What I'm trying to do is get Cheri, Pecha, and Sitrus Berries to buy furniture with, and the forest area (that I can never get to T_T) is the only place that has it. Can somebody please give me a Cheri, Pecha, and Sitrus through the Share Shelf? I'm known as Emilie2001 on there.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Every time I go to the Dream World, I almost always go to the Dream Park first. Nowadays, I'm pretty much sick of it, but apparently, that area is the website's personal recommendation, which isn't fair because I was trying to get to the forest area with Mareep tucked in. Unfortunately, when I got to the Spooky Manor, no items or Pokemon were to be seen, so I just woke up Mareep...

What I'm trying to do is get Cheri, Pecha, and Sitrus Berries to buy furniture with, and the forest area (that I can never get to T_T) is the only place that has it. Can somebody please give me a Cheri, Pecha, and Sitrus through the Share Shelf? I'm known as Emilie2001 on there.
    That's strange. Have you NEVER been to the Pleasant Forest, only the Dream Park? If so, you're probably just having really bad luck. I'm assuming that you just recently started using the Dream World if you don't have Cheri, Pecha, and Sitrus berries yet. If you want those berries, they're extremely common on people' Share Shelves. Have you gone to the Dream Pal Map and just wandered around, visiting people's homes and checking their Share Shelves? If you haven't, you can get almost every berry from them. I just got Apicot and Ganlon today from randomly visiting people.

Also, you can only visit the Island of Dreams 4-8 times per session, which is why the Spooky Manor didn't have any items or Pokemon. You have to wake up your Pokemon in order to reset it (which you did).

If you want to friend certain people in the Dream World, there used to be a way to do it by swapping Dream World IDs on the Dream World ID Exchange Thread. However, this was back when there were 4 servers instead of just one. I've already visited the DW today, but if you want to see if the Exchange mechanism still works, we can try it after 1400 tomorrow. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I should mention, as well, that at this point, there is no reason why you should be buying furniture or decorating your house. The Gen V Dream World is going to be closed in January, I believe, and you should concentrate on getting all of the Pokemon you want and transferring your berries and items to your game, not buying furniture with them, because the DW won't exist anymore in a few months. Game Freak did say that some things will transfer over (I dearly hope that it includes Dream Points), but we don't know yet if that includes furniture and decorations. So until that's confirmed, there's no point in buying decorations for your house.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 17th August 2013 at 8:58 PM.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Since you are posting in the B2/W2 DW thread, I assume you are using B2/W2.

.......you need to have 8 badges in your B2/W2 and 3000 dream points in your PGL account to be able to access Pleasant Forest.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Well, I DO have 8 badges... and it seems I'm 900 points away at the most... so, thank you.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Holy...well, that answers another question I had, if anyone had seen anybody with 10 rows. What's your total number of dream points?
    On my Black account, I currently have 212,860 dream points lol.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

White 2: Obtained both Sudowoodo and Mantine, both females. Yes, I made a Pokemon sleep last night and went on it, but continued the rest for today so I could use the other half for finding Mantine. Also on my White account, I found a female Riolu. And I notice I'm missing a Bluk berry. Good thing my other account has one.

The last week or so has been pretty unproductive for me as I'm getting close to befriending every Pokemon in the DW (aside from the Roselia I earned a while ago which is essentially trapped in limbo for the time being, I've only got Paras, Growlithe, and Aerodactyl left to find). I've just been running into the same **** that I've already taken back over and over, and it's getting quite annoying. Hopefully I can get those last three soon.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Well, truing to find a Female Kricketot, which'll double up for that sidequest in Accumula <_<

No luck, just Female Togepi, Female Udino, and Heoh everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Well, truing to find a Female Kricketot, which'll double up for that sidequest in Accumula <_<

No luck, just Female Togepi, Female Udino, and Heoh everywhere.
    Heoh? You mean Throh?

EDIT: Aerodactyl get. Two more to go.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 20th August 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Heoh? You mean Throh?

EDIT: Aerodactyl get. Two more to go.
    Yeah, quick typing <_<

Anyway, yesterday, I found... five Male Kricketot, and literally no other Pokémon.

Also, Paras?
    I thought they were common, I see them everywhere ._.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Also, Paras?
    I thought they were common, I see them everywhere ._.
    I sure haven't seen many lately, I've mainly been seeing Throh and Sawk, Togepi, Scraggy, and Gurdurr. Nothing's really "common" in any DW area anyway, there's just too many Pokemon in each area for you to see anything except a few Pokemon repeatedly.

I've seen a lot of them, I got my second Female one today (as it was the only Pokémon I got other than... Male Kricketot)

Anyone else have tons of problems in the DW lately? I just went on today and it seems to be having tons of loading problems. It had tons of problems loading the Island of Dreams (I only got to one of the areas twice out of about 10 tries, and it took about 3-5 minutes to load both times), one time it displayed an "Invalid Access" error and reset the page, and the second time I got to an area, every time I tried to pick up the item, I got an error (the generic "An error occurred" message) and it wouldn't give me the item, and when I tried to play a minigame it wouldn't load that either. After a while I had to give up and wake up my Pokemon. Anyone else having these problems or is it just me?

How do you get a Snivy with the Contrary ability? I want my startup to have this ability but I keep getting the 'overgrown' ability.

Any help?
    After all these years a 3D Pokemon game is finally on its way...

Quote Originally Posted by HANZ View Post
    How do you get a Snivy with the Contrary ability? I want my startup to have this ability but I keep getting the 'overgrown' ability.

Any help?
    not released yet...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by HANZ View Post

Any help?
    You can only get it through events, none of which have been released internationally. And even then, only those event Snivy can have Contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You can only get it through events, none of which have been released internationally. And even then, only those event Snivy can have Contrary.
    I see. Sorry for the noobish question, I didn't play pokemon for years. I was just getting into to it a little after seeing that the 6 gen will be fully 3D. I just hope there is a proper online mode this time (without requiring those pesky friend codes)

Thanks for the explanation.
    After all these years a 3D Pokemon game is finally on its way...

Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast