Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1835

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

  1. #1776
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Like I said, this announcement was poorly planned, there's pretty much no time to work towards any of these rewards. It boggles me why they decided not to announce this with the rest of the 6th gen Global Link features.
    Yeah :/ I was just planning to make sure I didn't leave any Pokemon not picked-up (which is taking lots of fighting with the system to try and get it to connect) and now there's all this... I don't really understand why they decided to do this in the first place.

  2. #1777
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you're going for the Dream World Pokemon with the best hidden abilities, you will need a Vulpix, a Poliwag, a Dratini, and a Bagon, all female. You will also want to get a male Larvitar with Stealth Rocks and a male of anything that knows Roost, such as Skarmory, Murkrow, and Aerodactyl.
    Thank you so much for your help! I already have 3 Hidden Grotto Poliwhirls, one of them female. I guess she's as good as a DW one, right? and would you mind if I added you as a friend on my White2?

  3. #1778
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you're going for the Dream World Pokemon with the best hidden abilities, you will need a Vulpix, a Poliwag, a Dratini, and a Bagon, all female. You will also want to get a male Larvitar with Stealth Rocks and a male of anything that knows Roost, such as Skarmory, Murkrow, and Aerodactyl.
    All of that can be done without the use of the DW in BW2, those four DWfs you mentioned can be found in Hidden Grottoes, the others can be caught through other means in the game and then taught those moves through the Move Tutor. Go for something that can't be found in the main games, like DWf Krookodile or Duosion or something (I'm not really sure those abilities are really amazing competitively, those are just examples of Hidden Abilities you can only find in the DW). You're probably going to have to do a lot of trading to get everything that you want, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  4. #1779
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alessandrae View Post
    Thank you so much for your help! I already have 3 Hidden Grotto Poliwhirls, one of them female. I guess she's as good as a DW one, right? and would you mind if I added you as a friend on my White2?
    Yeah, DWF Poliwhirl from the Hidden Grotto is just as good as a DW one. I'd love for you to be my friend on White! My FCs in my signature aren't right, though, so PM me if you need my FC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    All of that can be done without the use of the DW in BW2, those four DWfs you mentioned can be found in Hidden Grottoes, the others can be caught through other means in the game and then taught those moves through the Move Tutor. Go for something that can't be found in the main games, like DWf Krookodile or Duosion or something (I'm not really sure those abilities are really amazing competitively, those are just examples of Hidden Abilities you can only find in the DW). You're probably going to have to do a lot of trading to get everything that you want, though.
    It is a HUGE pain in the butt to get rare female Pokemon through the Hidden Grottoes. I check my Hidden Grottoes almost every day and I've only found 4 or 5 Pokemon, none of them Uncommon or Rare, and only one female. It's much faster and easier to get them through the Dream World. Those DWF Pokemon may require 10,000+ points, but it's more than possible to get them before the Dream World is shut down. Furthermore, alessandrae can be collecting those non-in-game Pokemon WHILE he/she's racking up the 10,000+ points to get the useful ones. And I'd rather get the male DW move Pokemon through the actual Dream World for free while I can rather than waste Shards. Why waste the shards when they're right there on the Dream World?

    I also chose those Pokemon because they're useful competitively. A Pokemon such as DWF Krookodile is not viable competitively. Krookodile needs Moxie, not Anger Point. At this point, it's not wise to waste time trying to collect all of the DWFs, or the ones you can't get in-game, because of the DW shutdown. It's best to get the Pokemon that are competitively useful, like the ones I listed.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 26th September 2013 at 1:22 AM.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  5. #1780
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Funny thing about Emolga, it's the most frequent Pokemon I encounter at Windswept Sky when I'm searching for the female Sigilyph. I found a female Shuckle today. All that is left for White is Combee, Hoot Hoot, and Dunsparce. I got to befriend at least 27 Pokemon (or more due to male genders or no genders and exclusive Pokemon moves) until I reach the Dream Seeker medal (or whatever the befriend 100 Pokemon medal is called). Also, remember to stock up all your berries and plant/water as many as you can! Some berries grow towards only a day (like Pinap will give you eight berries the day after).

  6. #1781
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    It is a HUGE pain in the butt to get rare female Pokemon through the Hidden Grottoes. I check my Hidden Grottoes almost every day and I've only found 4 or 5 Pokemon, none of them Uncommon or Rare, and only one female. It's much faster and easier to get them through the Dream World. Those DWF Pokemon may require 10,000+ points, but it's more than possible to get them before the Dream World is shut down. Furthermore, alessandrae can be collecting those non-in-game Pokemon WHILE he/she's racking up the 10,000+ points to get the useful ones. And I'd rather get the male DW move Pokemon through the actual Dream World for free while I can rather than waste Shards. Why waste the shards when they're right there on the Dream World?

    I also chose those Pokemon because they're useful competitively. A Pokemon such as DWF Krookodile is not viable competitively. Krookodile needs Moxie, not Anger Point. At this point, it's not wise to waste time trying to collect all of the DWFs, or the ones you can't get in-game, because of the DW shutdown. It's best to get the Pokemon that are competitively useful, like the ones I listed.
    Forget about what's competitively useful and what's not, that's not important, he may not even care about competitive anyway. You can always get the Hidden Grotto Pokemon and shards at your own leisure, but the DW is closing, so you should give priority to what can only be obtained through the DW. What you need to do is make a list of what you want, with the rarest and most (personally) valued Pokemon at the top and then work your way down. And then when you go on to the DW, aim to befriend Pokemon that are as high up your list as possible. Keep working off that list each time until the DW closes, and then trade for the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  7. #1782
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    alessandrae asked for Pokemon with "better Dream World abilities". The Pokemon with good Dream World abilities are the ones that are competitively viable, like the ones I listed. Krookodile might only be available in the DW, but it does not have a good Dream World ability, because Moxie is better than Anger Point. Vulpix has a good Dream World ability because Drought is better than Flash Fire.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  8. #1783
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Will dream world be reopening before the release of x and y? I still need to get the medal for my black 2 game for tucking in a pokemon -_-
    Latest Shiny!


    Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

    3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

  9. #1784
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Will dream world be reopening before the release of x and y? I still need to get the medal for my black 2 game for tucking in a pokemon -_-
    The Dream World is open now. You can register up until October 12. The Global Link will be closed from October 1 to October 12 for maintenance, and no new members will be allowed to register after that. I'm not sure if you can continue to register during the maintenance or not, so I would register by September 30 just to be safe.

    The Dream World will continue to operate as normal until Tuesday, December 10. This gives you approximately a month and a half to two months to use the Dream World before it shuts down for good.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  10. #1785
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Funny thing about Emolga, it's the most frequent Pokemon I encounter at Windswept Sky when I'm searching for the female Sigilyph. I found a female Shuckle today. All that is left for White is Combee, Hoot Hoot, and Dunsparce. I got to befriend at least 27 Pokemon (or more due to male genders or no genders and exclusive Pokemon moves) until I reach the Dream Seeker medal (or whatever the befriend 100 Pokemon medal is called). Also, remember to stock up all your berries and plant/water as many as you can! Some berries grow towards only a day (like Pinap will give you eight berries the day after).
    That Medal will be impossible to get if you still need 27 Pokémon.

    You see, it refers to sending/capturing Pokémon from the DW/Entralink, not just befriending them.
    It's called Dozing Capture.

    I still need like 40, so it's out of the question for me.

  11. #1786
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    That Medal will be impossible to get if you still need 27 Pokémon.

    You see, it refers to sending/capturing Pokémon from the DW/Entralink, not just befriending them.
    It's called Dozing Capture.

    I still need like 40, so it's out of the question for me.
    There's about 63-64 days left for the DW, that's plenty of time. You're only going to get locked out of the DW after October if you don't have an account, otherwise there's a 12 day maintenance period and then you have until December 10th.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  12. #1787
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Clovis, California
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    I used to be able to get at most two Pokemon from the Dream World a day back in the day before it stopped me from putting a Pokemon to sleep. Is this no longer possible? :/

    This is what I get for slacking off...

    lol 87 more...

    Anyway, heading out to bury my sorrow with a new Pokemon XY 3DS XL...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys


  13. #1788
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    I used to be able to get at most two Pokemon from the Dream World a day back in the day before it stopped me from putting a Pokemon to sleep. Is this no longer possible? :/
    I am pretty sure you can still use the Dream World. Perhaps you had already tucked in the Pokemon for the day?



    ~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

  14. #1789
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Go for something that can't be found in the main games, like DWf Krookodile or Duosion or something (I'm not really sure those abilities are really amazing competitively, those are just examples of Hidden Abilities you can only find in the DW)
    Yes, thank you, I would like that. I have two accounts so I can still get a decent amount of pokemon until the GL closes, but how do I know which are the ones that have exclusive DW abilities? Is there a list I can read somewhere?

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post

    I also chose those Pokemon because they're useful competitively. A Pokemon such as DWF Krookodile is not viable competitively. Krookodile needs Moxie, not Anger Point. At this point, it's not wise to waste time trying to collect all of the DWFs, or the ones you can't get in-game, because of the DW shutdown. It's best to get the Pokemon that are competitively useful, like the ones I listed.
    I am definitely getting the ones you listed since they are the best, but I still have a long way to go before I reach 10,000 points. I'd like to know which ones are worth transfering while I work my way up to getting that Bagon and Dratini hahah. So I'd go for any good ones or DW exclusives that I can get in the meantime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    make a list of what you want, with the rarest and most (personally) valued Pokemon at the top and then work your way down. And then when you go on to the DW, aim to befriend Pokemon that are as high up your list as possible. Keep working off that list each time until the DW closes, and then trade for the rest.
    Thank you for this idea, I will definitely try that.

    Thank you both so much for your help! your advice has been very useful for helping me figure out what I want to get out of the DW. And Alessandra is a girl's name, btw

  15. #1790
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alessandrae View Post
    Yes, thank you, I would like that. I have two accounts so I can still get a decent amount of pokemon until the GL closes, but how do I know which are the ones that have exclusive DW abilities? Is there a list I can read somewhere?



    I am definitely getting the ones you listed since they are the best, but I still have a long way to go before I reach 10,000 points. I'd like to know which ones are worth transfering while I work my way up to getting that Bagon and Dratini hahah. So I'd go for any good ones or DW exclusives that I can get in the meantime.



    Thank you for this idea, I will definitely try that.

    Thank you both so much for your help! your advice has been very useful for helping me figure out what I want to get out of the DW. And Alessandra is a girl's name, btw
    Okay, I'm going to do my best to list Pokemon that are exclusive to the Dream World, like Bolt said, and also Pokemon that are useful competitively, like I said.

    Dream World Exclusives (i.e., Dream World abilities cannot be obtained in-game. Does not include Pokemon that have been released as past events, since you can't get those in the Dream World anymore)

    Kanto families
    Pidgey
    Rattata
    Spearow
    Ekans
    Sandshrew
    Igglybuff (also available on Dream Radar)
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Diglett
    Growlithe
    Abra
    Machop
    Bellsprout
    Tentacool
    Geodude
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke (also available on Dream Radar)
    Magnemite
    Farfetch'd
    Doduo
    Seel
    Shellder
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Voltorb
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Tyrogue (since Tyrogue is always male, if you want a DW Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop, you will need three Tyrogues)
    Lickitung
    Chansey
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Horsea
    Goldeen/Seaking
    Staryu (also available on Dream Radar)
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Smoochum (also available on Dream Radar)
    Elekid
    Magby
    Tauros
    Magikarp
    Lapras
    Eevee (if you want a female. A male is a gift in Castelia City)
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Aerodactyl

    Johto families

    Sentret
    Hoothoot (also available on Dream Radar)
    Ledyba
    Spinarak
    Chinchou
    Natu
    Mareep
    Sudowoodo
    Hoppip
    Aipom
    Sunkern
    Yanma
    Wooper
    Girafarig
    Pineco
    Qwilfish
    Shuckle (also available on Dream Radar)
    Slugma
    Swinub
    Remoraid
    Delibird
    Mantine
    Skarmory
    Houndour
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Miltank
    Larvitar

    Hoenn families

    Poochyena
    Zigzagoon
    Wurmple
    Seedot
    Taillow
    Surskit
    Nincada
    Whismur
    Skitty
    Aron
    Volbeat
    Illumise
    Roselia
    Gulpin
    Carvanha
    Wailmer
    Numel
    Torkoal
    Spoink
    Trapinch
    Cacnea
    Barboach
    Corphish
    Lileep
    Anorith
    Feebas
    Shuppet
    Tropius
    Snorunt
    Clamperl
    Relicanth
    Luvdisc

    Sinnoh Families

    Staravia
    Kricketot
    Shinx
    Burmy
    Buizel
    Drifloon (also available on Dream Radar)
    Buneary
    Gible
    Hippopotas
    Croagunk
    Finneon
    Snover

    Unova families

    Pidove
    Boldore
    Woobat
    Drilbur
    Audino
    Gurdurr
    Tympole
    Throh
    Sawk
    Scolipede
    Cottonee
    Petilil
    Basculin
    Krookodile
    Maractus
    Crustle
    Scraggy
    Sigilyph (also available on Dream Radar)
    Tirtouga
    Duosion
    Ducklett
    Vanillish
    Emolga
    Karrablast
    Alomomola
    Galvantula
    Klang
    Elgyem
    Axew
    Shelmet
    Stunfisk
    Druddigon
    Golett
    Pawniard
    Heatmor
    Durant

    If you are playing as a BOY, you will also need to get these Pokemon:

    Mankey
    Cranidos
    Sableye
    Phanpy

    If you're playing as a GIRL, you will also need to get these Pokemon:

    Meowth
    Shieldon
    Teddiursa
    Mawile

    Pokemon that are competitively useful (in my opinion. Others will probably add or take away from this list):

    Female:
    Vulpix
    Poliwag
    Abra
    Eevee (for Magic Bounce Espeon and Hydration Vaporeon)
    Gligar
    Bagon
    Dratini
    Sableye
    Gible
    Shellder
    Magikarp
    Tentacool

    Male: (many of these can be taught the moves at Move Tutors for Shards)
    Stealth Rocks Larvitar
    Roost Skarmory
    Stealth Rocks Aeordactyl
    Bounce Magikarp
    Outrage Bagon

    anything that learns Stealth Rocks, Roost, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Drain Punch, Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch, Baton Pass, Nasty Plot, Fake Out, or Outrage that you think might be useful for breeding purposes.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 27th September 2013 at 8:02 PM.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  16. #1791
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Clovis, California
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    I am pretty sure you can still use the Dream World. Perhaps you had already tucked in the Pokemon for the day?
    That may be it. I was looking over my records and noticed that days I got two Pokemon were after days I hadn't visited the Dream World. It's possible there was already a Pokemon asleep beforehand.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys


  17. #1792
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Okay, I'm going to do my best to list Pokemon that are exclusive to the Dream World, like Bolt said, and also Pokemon that are useful competitively, like I said.

    Dream World Exclusives (i.e., Dream World abilities cannot be obtained in-game. Does not include Pokemon that have been released as past events, since you can't get those in the Dream World anymore)

    Kanto families
    Pidgey
    Rattata
    Spearow
    Ekans
    Sandshrew
    Igglybuff (also available on Dream Radar)
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Diglett
    Growlithe
    Abra
    Machop
    Bellsprout
    Tentacool
    Geodude
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke (also available on Dream Radar)
    Magnemite
    Farfetch'd
    Doduo
    Seel
    Shellder
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Voltorb
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Tyrogue (since Tyrogue is always male, if you want a DW Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop, you will need three Tyrogues)
    Lickitung
    Chansey
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Horsea
    Goldeen/Seaking
    Staryu (also available on Dream Radar)
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Smoochum (also available on Dream Radar)
    Elekid
    Magby
    Tauros
    Magikarp
    Lapras
    Eevee (if you want a female. A male is a gift in Castelia City)
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Aerodactyl

    Johto families

    Sentret
    Hoothoot (also available on Dream Radar)
    Ledyba
    Spinarak
    Chinchou
    Natu
    Mareep
    Sudowoodo
    Hoppip
    Aipom
    Sunkern
    Yanma
    Wooper
    Girafarig
    Pineco
    Qwilfish
    Shuckle (also available on Dream Radar)
    Slugma
    Swinub
    Remoraid
    Delibird
    Mantine
    Skarmory
    Houndour
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Miltank
    Larvitar

    Hoenn families

    Poochyena
    Zigzagoon
    Wurmple
    Seedot
    Taillow
    Surskit
    Nincada
    Whismur
    Skitty
    Aron
    Volbeat
    Illumise
    Roselia
    Gulpin
    Carvanha
    Wailmer
    Numel
    Torkoal
    Spoink
    Trapinch
    Cacnea
    Barboach
    Corphish
    Lileep
    Anorith
    Feebas
    Shuppet
    Tropius
    Snorunt
    Clamperl
    Relicanth
    Luvdisc

    Sinnoh Families

    Staravia
    Kricketot
    Shinx
    Burmy
    Buizel
    Drifloon (also available on Dream Radar)
    Buneary
    Gible
    Hippopotas
    Croagunk
    Finneon
    Snover

    Unova families

    Pidove
    Boldore
    Woobat
    Drilbur
    Audino
    Gurdurr
    Tympole
    Throh
    Sawk
    Scolipede
    Cottonee
    Petilil
    Basculin
    Krookodile
    Maractus
    Crustle
    Scraggy
    Sigilyph (also available on Dream Radar)
    Tirtouga
    Duosion
    Ducklett
    Vanillish
    Emolga
    Karrablast
    Alomomola
    Galvantula
    Klang
    Elgyem
    Axew
    Shelmet
    Stunfisk
    Druddigon
    Golett
    Pawniard
    Heatmor
    Durant

    If you are playing as a BOY, you will also need to get these Pokemon:

    Mankey
    Cranidos
    Sableye
    Phanpy

    If you're playing as a GIRL, you will also need to get these Pokemon:

    Meowth
    Shieldon
    Teddiursa
    Mawile

    Pokemon that are competitively useful (in my opinion. Others will probably add or take away from this list):

    Female:
    Vulpix
    Poliwag
    Abra
    Eevee (for Magic Bounce Espeon and Hydration Vaporeon)
    Gligar
    Bagon
    Dratini
    Sableye
    Gible
    Shellder
    Magikarp
    Tentacool

    Male: (many of these can be taught the moves at Move Tutors for Shards)
    Stealth Rocks Larvitar
    Roost Skarmory
    Stealth Rocks Aeordactyl
    Bounce Magikarp
    Outrage Bagon

    anything that learns Stealth Rocks, Roost, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Drain Punch, Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch, Baton Pass, Nasty Plot, Fake Out, or Outrage that you think might be useful for breeding purposes.
    Nice list, but I'd like to point out that some of the Pokemon available in Hidden Grottoes, the Dream Radar, and the Yancy/Curtis trades are not available in BW2's Dream World. And since alessandrae didn't specify whether or not she has BW1, it's worth pointing out which ones can't be obtained in BW2. These are the ones that are not available in BW2's Dream World (if you have BW1, you can get it in those games' DW, but otherwise you need to obtain it through the method mentioned):

    Butterfree (Hidden Grotto in Pinwheel Forest)
    Nidoran (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 2)
    Clefairy (Hidden Grotto in Giant Chasm)
    Igglybuff (Dream Radar)
    Venonat (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 3)
    Meowth (Trade with Yancy)
    Mankey (Trade with Curtis)
    Slowpoke (Dream Radar)
    Grimer (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 9)
    Krabby (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 18)
    Rhyhorn (Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
    Staryu (Dream Radar)
    Smoochum (Dream Radar)
    Hoothoot (Dream Radar)
    Wobbuffet (Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
    Dunsparce (Hidden Grotto in Flocessy Ranch or Rt. 6)
    Shuckle (Dream Radar)
    Teddiursa (Trade with Yancy)
    Corsola (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 18)
    Phanpy (Trade with Curtis)
    Lotad (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 3)
    Wingull (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 22)
    Ralts (Dream Radar or Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
    Makuhita (Hidden Grotto in Pinwheel Forest)
    Nosepass (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 6)
    Sableye (Trade with Curtis)
    Mawile (Trade with Yancy)
    Meditite (Hidden Grotto in Pinwheel Forest)
    Electrike (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 3)
    Spinda (Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
    Swablu (Hidden Grotto in Abundant Shrine or Dream Radar)
    Zangoose (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 7 and Rt. 23)
    Seviper (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 7 and Rt. 23)
    Spheal (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 13)
    Beldum (Hidden Grotto in Giant Chasm or Dream Radar)
    Cranidos (Trade with Curtis)
    Shieldon (Trade with Yancy)
    Combee (Hidden Grotto in Lostlorn Forest)
    Pachirisu (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 3)
    Shellos (Yancy gives you West Sea, Curtis gives you East Sea)
    Drifloon (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 13 or Dream Radar)
    Bronzor (Dream Radar)
    Chatot (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 18)
    Spiritomb (Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
    Riolu (Dream Radar)
    Skorupi (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 13)

    You'll definitely need to do some trading to obtain all of them if you don't have BW1, at the very least you'll need to trade for Beedrill (which can only be obtained in BW1's Dream World and one of the Pinwheel Forest Hidden Grottoes in Black 2), Darmanitan (only catchable in BW1's post game and not available in any way in BW2) and either Curtis' Pokemon if you're playing as the male character or Yancy's Pokemon if you're playing as the female character.

    I'm not going to bother debating which ones are competitively useful since my knowledge of competitive battling is somewhat limited, so I'm just going to leave your suggestions alone.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 28th September 2013 at 4:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  18. #1793
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    So, despite the unlikelyness, I have decided to try and work my butt off with the Dream World by borrowing a friend's phone to connect to use it among other things...

    Unfortunately, I am REALLY bad with berries. Does anyone know what are the quickest items to get based off berry amount and how long they take to grow? X__x I still need several though. But yeah, this would help a lot so I know which to focus on planting-wise and stuff... And need to find dream friends to add...

  19. #1794
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Bolt the Cat and Varanus_komodoensis.. I can't thank you two enough!! Really, thank you guys so much for all of this. You didn't have to do a list, it was very kind of you, and not just for me, but for everyone who is wondering which pokemon are worth getting in the DW, since we don't have much time left. I'm sure it will be useful for other players as well.
    I don't have B/W.. I might get one just for the sake of completion, but not right now (X is my priority, and getting a 3DS) I don't own a 3DS either so no dream radar for now. I will take the lists that you two made and see which pokemon I can get. Thanks again for everything

  20. #1795
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There's about 63-64 days left for the DW, that's plenty of time. You're only going to get locked out of the DW after October if you don't have an account, otherwise there's a 12 day maintenance period and then you have until December 10th.
    Yes, I realize.

    I was confused due to Serebii's announcement, and a slightly nclear description of the Web (and an inability to get to the table which shows what goes offline on what time).

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    I used to be able to get at most two Pokemon from the Dream World a day back in the day before it stopped me from putting a Pokemon to sleep. Is this no longer possible? :/

    This is what I get for slacking off...

    lol 87 more...

    Anyway, heading out to bury my sorrow with a new Pokemon XY 3DS XL...
    That was never possible unless you had one Pokémon from the Dream World and one Event, or two Evens

  21. #1796
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    And now the hunt for the final DW female Pokemon, Combee. I was lucky to get a female Hoot Hoot today on White. I'm getting exclusive moves for each Pokemon on White2. It wouldn't hurt to pick up some extra male or no gender pokemon with a different ability with the right nature. By the way, can DW Pokemon be shiny?
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 28th September 2013 at 8:59 PM.

  22. #1797
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    And now the hunt for the final DW female Pokemon, Combee. I was lucky to get a female Hoot Hoot today on White. I'm getting exclusive moves for each Pokemon on White2. It wouldn't hurt to pick up some extra male or no gender pokemon with a different ability with the right nature. By the way, can DW Pokemon be shiny?
    DW Pokemon can only be shiny if you breed them. A Pokemon caught in the Entree forest cannot be shiny.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  23. #1798
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    oh crap, I think I just deleted my female Hoot Hoot from existence yesterday. I was waking up my pokemon yesterday and I hit the wrong button the 3DS when I was in a rush. I don't see the female Hoot Hoot at all in the Dream World despite the fact it says I befriended it. Guess I have to look for it again.

  24. #1799
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Y'know, even though I'll probably never get the 30 People Funfest and Scored 1,000 Medals in White 2, there's always the possibility I can get them in the future. But now, there are Dream World medals I know I'll never be able to get. This is the biggest blow to my completionism since I was barred from ever visiting Liberty Garden in White and Black.

    How's anyone else in terms of Dream World medals? Does anyone reading this have potentially all of the ones announced? I bought every house and every Decor and Doll, and I made it to over 100,000 DP but less than 200,000, and I participated in every WiFi tournament after White 2's release. So I guess I can't complain. (Unless I want to complain about wasting my life away...)
    3DS Friend Code: 3394-3638-4506

    Friend Safari: Pyroar, Magmar, Braixen

        Spoiler:- BW2 Medal Stuff:

  25. #1800
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    oh crap, I think I just deleted my female Hoot Hoot from existence yesterday. I was waking up my pokemon yesterday and I hit the wrong button the 3DS when I was in a rush. I don't see the female Hoot Hoot at all in the Dream World despite the fact it says I befriended it. Guess I have to look for it again.
    Try tucking it in and waking up again?

    Quote Originally Posted by 400Billion View Post
    Y'know, even though I'll probably never get the 30 People Funfest and Scored 1,000 Medals in White 2, there's always the possibility I can get them in the future. But now, there are Dream World medals I know I'll never be able to get. This is the biggest blow to my completionism since I was barred from ever visiting Liberty Garden in White and Black.

    How's anyone else in terms of Dream World medals? Does anyone reading this have potentially all of the ones announced? I bought every house and every Decor and Doll, and I made it to over 100,000 DP but less than 200,000, and I participated in every WiFi tournament after White 2's release. So I guess I can't complain. (Unless I want to complain about wasting my life away...)
    Yeah, I'll only get like, three Medals since I only have one house, 10 pieces of (free) Decor, and I've participated in like, 2 Tournaments since I didn't have a 3DS until the last two Tournaments <_<



    Clamperlz, I only just got 50 Pokémon, and today I got a Female Zubat.
    Not what I was looking for...
    But the only other thing I found before timed out was a Male Water Gun Wailmer <_<

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •