Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1835

Thread: Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Went to the Dream World on my Black 2 account today, one last time before the maintenance. I had meant to go back sometime last week, but I didn't do it due to laziness and spending my time on other things instead. Anyway, I had a Spearow tucked in, I got to see the Sky and Park four times each, the Manor, Mountain and Sea once each. My goal was to get to the Sky as much as possible, it worked quite well but failed a bit too since I had forgotten that Normal-types will send the player to the Park. I befriended one Pokemon, an Emolga, as it was the one I was looking for. What is even better is that it was female, which means I now have all the females I was looking for that could be obtained from the Dream World. There are others I still need, but they can be obtained through Hidden Grottoes in the games so that's not a problem. This was probably also the last time I went to the Dream World to actually play in it as in playing minigames and going to the Island of Dreams, I don't need any more Pokemon right now and it has been a long time since I last enjoyed playing the minigames due to the increasing lag. Though I will have to go back at least one more time on this account in order to bring back all of my berries.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

My Dream World session was really fun last night. Once again I just tucked in a random Pokemon and wandered through the Dream World befriending as many Pokemon as possible and playing the mini-games just for fun. I kept a female Psyduck in the end and I headed back to my house afterwards. I visited other people's gardens after that and I watered some berries. I headed back to my home when that was done and I selected several items to take back to the Entralink and I then signed out of the Dream World.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    A Pokemon such as DWF Krookodile is not viable competitively. Krookodile needs Moxie, not Anger Point.
    lol, I just got a DWF Krookodile today, thinking Anger Point wouldn't be a bad ability, but failing to remember that Moxie is better (duh :P)
    Dream World Exclusives (i.e., Dream World abilities cannot be obtained in-game. Does not include Pokemon that have been released as past events, since you can't get those in the Dream World anymore)
    Wow, there aren't as many obtainable in-game as I thought
    If you are playing as a BOY, you will also need to get these Pokemon:
    I had no idea being a boy/girl mattered.
    Pokemon that are competitively useful (in my opinion. Others will probably add or take away from this list):

Female:
    Vulpix
    Poliwag
    Abra
    Eevee (for Magic Bounce Espeon and Hydration Vaporeon)
    Gligar
    Bagon
    Dratini
    Sableye
    Gible
    Shellder
    Magikarp
    Tentacool
    Wow, I think I actually have all those, except Gible. Anybody want to trade for one?
    Quote Originally Posted by 400Billion View Post
    How's anyone else in terms of Dream World medals? Does anyone reading this have potentially all of the ones announced? I bought every house and every Decor and Doll, and I made it to over 100,000 DP but less than 200,000, and I participated in every WiFi tournament after White 2's release. So I guess I can't complain. (Unless I want to complain about wasting my life away...)
    Are those only exclusive to your progress in 5th gen? If so, I find it annoying, although I suppose I could X some of them before the 5th gen DW is gone. I'm not sure what they entail, but I've got somewhere between 30 & 40 thousand points, one house, 15-20 dolls and bought 4 or 5 pieces of furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    Went to the Dream World on my Black 2 account today, one last time before the maintenance.
    Me too, it turned out most of the spots had berries today (all but 5), so I planted some of the event berries so their long growth will occur while I'm off. Although I guess they won't get watered so I'll only get a couple berries each, but that's a couple more then I had before.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    e in-game as I thought
    I had no idea being a boy/girl mattered.
    It matters because as a boy, you can trade with Yancy, and as a girl, you can trade with Curtis. They give you mostly the same Pokemon (with their DW abilities), but four of the Pokemon they offer differ depending on if you play as a boy or a girl.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Y'know, even though I'll probably never get the 30 People Funfest and Scored 1,000 Medals in White 2, there's always the possibility I can get them in the future. But now, there are Dream World medals I know I'll never be able to get. This is the biggest blow to my completionism since I was barred from ever visiting Liberty Garden in White and Black.

How's anyone else in terms of Dream World medals? Does anyone reading this have potentially all of the ones announced? I bought every house and every Decor and Doll, and I made it to over 100,000 DP but less than 200,000, and I participated in every WiFi tournament after White 2's release. So I guess I can't complain. (Unless I want to complain about wasting my life away...)
    1,000 medals? I thought the goal was to get 50 haha

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

I only got to use the Dream World twice, n'aw. The other day, and yesterday. Hadn't really achieved much in the first session, but did quite well in my second and last. Took back my first Pokémon to Black 2, nothing special, but a Barboach. :-)

So excited for X/Y and the new Global Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamin View Post
    Yeah, me too? Hmm.
    Last edited by Lukechu; 13th October 2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Current Pokémon X Team (Updated daily):

Blaziken (M) Lv. 100 |
    Venusaur (M) Lv. 87| Greninja (M) Lv. 83 | Mewtwo Lv. 83 | Aurorus (F) Lv. 80 | Xerneas Lv. 75

Spoiler:- Hall of Fame Team:

Whoever's saying there's 1000 medals in BW2 is wrong, there's ony 255. The 50 medal goal rewards you with a new rank in the Medal Rally (Rookie, IIRC), and then you have to go back and get more (the next rank is after 100).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Is anyone else ticked off about the dream world closing for black, white and black 2, white 2. I mean come on, out of all the things they could have done they decide to just get rid of it. I think the dream world is a great feature, (i just started using it a while back) and now as of january 2014 you wont be able to connect.
    That and the fact if you want to do so you have to buy a 3ds and the game not to mention the online box systems. (Not everyone can afford it) To me, it just looks like nintendo is all about the money instead of creating fun games for the public.
    If they wanted to, they could easily create a website fot x and y and still have the dreamworld functions for BW, B2W2. They have the money. There just to lazy to do so.
    I for one am dissapointed. Just another con for the new x and y game.

I have collected every doll, furniture and house, so I'm fine on those medals. The only problem is I only have over 100,000 DP but nowhere near enough to 200,000 :C I wish Game Freak made the announcement a lot sooner, as I would have been able to get enough points with an extra couple months or so. Oh well.

Eh. I really don't care about the Wi-Fi tournaments, so I won't be getting any of those medals, but I'm okay with that.

Look again. The user was refering to the medal called Scored 1000, which requires you to have scored that many points in a Funfest mission. Getting that medal usually goes hand-in-hand with getting the 30 People Funfest Medal as well. Those two are said to be the most frustrating medals to get of all.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    The only problem is I only have over 100,000 DP but nowhere near enough to 200,000 :C
    Same with me. I think I have only around 150,000 DP in total, at most.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Good afternoon everyone. Well, it's the final countdown for the generation V Global Link. the URL is the same so get hunting for them! You have 54 days so hurry!

PRAISE ARCEUS! I FOUND ANOTHER HOOT HOOT AND IT'S FEMALE! THIS TIME I'LL BE CAREFUL TO NOT KILL IT WHILE WAKING UP MY POKEMON! JUST ONE LEFT! COMBEE I'M COMING FOR YOU!

http://en.pokemon-gl.com/
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 11th October 2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: error

I have never really used the Dream World features ... don't know why, just never interested.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

I did it. I found every single Dream World Pokemon. Female, males and no genders, I finally got the last Pokemon I needed. Combee.

I went on the Dream World again a few days ago. My priority was sending the majority of my items into my game since the Global Link site won't be around for much longer, but I spent 30 minutes or so just wandering around the Island of Dreams before that just for fun. I visited several areas and befriended many Pokemon after playing mini-games, but none of them were female so I kept a random Pokemon at the Tree of Dreams. I didn't bother to water other people's berries and just logged off afterwards.

Just curious- does anyone have a pokemon they always tuck in? I usually vary mine, but I noticed a friend I have always uses Metagross and another always uses Audino.

About the medals, when is the check to see if you earned them? Like when you first register your X/Y, or when the 5th gen GL finally shuts down? I was thinking I'd try to grow some berries to the get the doll medals (maybe the furniture ones too), so I want to make sure it'd count if I earned them. Also do free dolls (legends) count?

Also I'm just about to the 100 pokemon medal- I think I've got 3-4 to go. I got a F Feebas the other day, one of the ones I was hoping to get.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Me too, it turned out most of the spots had berries today (all but 5), so I planted some of the event berries so their long growth will occur while I'm off. Although I guess they won't get watered so I'll only get a couple berries each, but that's a couple more then I had before.
    Late reply, but I did the same when I used the Dream World for the last time before the latest maintenance. Though I don't think any of them had been watered.

Just curious- does anyone have a pokemon they always tuck in? I usually vary mine, but I noticed a friend I have always uses Metagross and another always uses Audino.
    I usually tuck in something random, but if I need to go to a special area, I tuck in something with a matching type.

Went back to the Dream World today for the first time since the maintenance. Tucked in a Kabuto, got to the Sea, befriended a male Wailmer which I kept. Also harvested my berries and planted new ones. Now I only need to go back once on this account, then I'll be done with the 5th gen Dream World forever.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

I was thinking of resetting my Y version in an attempt to trade more mega-stones to my X version so I've held off on registering both versions to Pokemon Global Link as I was originally planning to link them both under one file (but I can't, if my current theory holds true). I had one account for White & Black 2 and another Black & White 2. I didn't wake my pokemon up because I -- silly me -- thought I'd still be able to access the site after they switched over (and I wanted to rake up some more pokemiles to transfer over). Now it looks like the accounts are being held hostage, as in: link an X or a Y to this account or else you won't be able to access your old accounts....ever. Is this really the case? Am I missing something? Is the old site still up somewhere? I had it bookmarked but it always sends me to the registration for 6th gen.

Any current PGL'ers know what's going on?
    3DS FC: 2191-7903-0015
    Safari:

Super-Secret Base: 3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/U-565-0952-H/secretbase

Art the dream world 6th generacion?

Quote Originally Posted by Vestara View Post
    I was thinking of resetting my Y version in an attempt to trade more mega-stones to my X version so I've held off on registering both versions to Pokemon Global Link as I was originally planning to link them both under one file (but I can't, if my current theory holds true). I had one account for White & Black 2 and another Black & White 2. I didn't wake my pokemon up because I -- silly me -- thought I'd still be able to access the site after they switched over (and I wanted to rake up some more pokemiles to transfer over). Now it looks like the accounts are being held hostage, as in: link an X or a Y to this account or else you won't be able to access your old accounts....ever. Is this really the case? Am I missing something? Is the old site still up somewhere? I had it bookmarked but it always sends me to the registration for 6th gen.

Any current PGL'ers know what's going on?
    From what I can tell, the 5th Gen PGL is http://en.pokemon-gl.com/ (assuming you're playing in English) and the XY PGL is http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

From what I can tell, the 5th Gen PGL is: --------- (assuming you're playing in English) and the XY PGL is --------.
    THANK YOU!! For some reason my bookmark for the Gen 5 Pokemon Global Link keeps redirecting me to the Gen 6 PGL. Ah, well. At least I now know it does still exist...and I can come to this thread for the (working) link to the old PGL anytime.

Whew, what a relief. ^_^ Thanks again, Varanus. Also added you to my 3DS roster: I'll have to stop by your safari after I trounce the Elite 4 later this week!
    3DS FC: 2191-7903-0015
    Safari:

Super-Secret Base: 3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/U-565-0952-H/secretbase

rofl

Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

i think i should stop planting chesto berries considering I bought every item and doll without knowing.

Could someone tell me what's going on here? It won't let me get in.

I last got into the Dream World on Saturday. That night we started daylight savings time, but I didn't change the time on my 3DS. Sunday night I tried to get in, but it told me game sync was out of energy and I needed to wait a day. I figured it said that because my game was now an hr ahead of everything else around me, so I set the clock properly. On Monday, it said the same thing, so I figured maybe it just wasn't a day yet. Well it said the same thing on Tuesday and now on Wednesday it still isn't letting me in (also I'm noticing it's saying wait a day without switching DS systems, depite me having used the same system for months).

So am I doomed to be locked out, or is there something I can do?

Well I thought I was done with the DW, but then I decided I wanted a female Scolipede to do some testing in XY when Bank comes out. Uploaded a metapod, only got sent to the forest 2 times and no scolipede, stupid Dream World.

(I want to test whether or not a Quick Feet Venipede's ability will change upon Evo in XY. As if if the ability has been retconned I don't think a Quick Feet Scolipede's ability will change upon transferral, but a GenV Quick Feet Venipede's ability would change upon evo in GenVI. Just like a pokemon who gained a new ability from GenIII to IV if their PID didn't match up with their existing ability. I'm sure others will test it, but it's the kind of thing I like to do myself).

ETA: Female Scolipede obtained, ok now I really am done with the DW
    Last edited by 1quacka1; 19th November 2013 at 7:21 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Has anyone else been to the DW recently since the last maintenance??
    I've just come on for first time in ages to clear out my berries and items and it seems like they've updated it so that every pokemon you see is female!!!!
    Perfect chance to find all those missing hidden abilities for breeding
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374 LastLast