Page 1 of 96 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll to Dodge! V.3

Default Roll to Dodge! V.3

I recently got permisson from the orignal GM to remake this, so that is what I am doing.

Hey, is anybody interested in playing a Roll to Dodge game here? RtD is pretty much a D&D-like rpg played on a forum, in irc, etc. You create character sheets, have skills, roll to see what your actions do (hence the name, Roll to Dodge) fight things, et cetera. There are multiple players in a RtD game, and usually they interact with each other, such as being in a group with each other, or fighting against each other, or maybe going off independently, until they run into each other somewhere or group with each other. Here are the rules, in the most basic form, without skills, equipment, items, and stuff that, if I were to host a game, I would include:

The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
    [1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
    [2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
    [3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
    [4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
    [5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
    [6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to avoid the threat.

More stuff about RtD:

You get a trait given to you by me based on your character. This trait also has a weakness that is given to you. These will be explained in detail as the game progresses. There are major skills and minor skills. You pick one major skill for your character. This is usually defined by your character much like a trait is. You pick two minor skills, these are usually basic stuff you'd find in Elder Scrolls or something. Swordplay, Healing, Sneakiness are examples but most anything goes.

Magic will be an assortment of spells, which by themselves are (relatively) easy to cast, but you can combine them, to create a harder to cast but much more powerful spell. If you want to cast a more powerful basic spell, you combine the spell with itself.

A character sheet example:

Name: Doc Brown
    Backstory: Was a brilliant scientist who discovered time travel but only told one other person who plans on using it for evil
    Major skill(if applicable): Teleportation
    Minor skills(if applicable): Hand-To-Hand, Magic
    Equipment(if applicable): Trenchcoat, Sneakers, Jeans, +1 Resistance Helmet, Gun

You can (attempt) to do anything in Roll to Dodge. Want to try to fly off of a building? You can, but you might get a negative modifier or two to your roll, due to the difficulty. Trying to see how far you can go underwater? You can, but you may overshoot and accidentally turn into a mermaid.

With plus modifiers, they will always work unless they will cause an overshoot or otherwise stated. That's the fun of it, anything goes.

Basic Magic:

If its a pokemon type then its a basic magic spell, I'll just put it that way.

Dont make an overpowered character, anything that I deem overpowered or impossible, I will change slightly. Just test stuff out, cause like I said most anything goes

You start the game out with 10 Health and 10 Mentality. You can die. If you die, you're out of the game. If you want to get back in, you can get on the waiting list with a different character if your character isnt revived. As the game progresses special effects will happen to your character depending on what they do. Affection, Rage, Zen, and Loss of Limbs are a few of the things that might happen by chance.

InSaNiTiY MoDe:
    In InSaNiTiY MoDe, you will be rolling a special 12 sided dice, here is how it breaks down, 1-3 = Auto Death. 4-5 = Epic Fail. 6-7 = Fail. 8-10= Success. 11-12 MEGA OVERSHOOT!.

In MEGA OVERSHOOT you will do things above the realm of possibilities, You see a torch, roll an eleven and you might become a Human Torch, MEGA OVERSHOOT is so strange and extreme, you never know what could happen. However if you want, you can regain more mentality, and go back to normal, if you do not like the odds. It also discounts all modifiers.

Rules:
    SPPF Rules apply.
    No Overpowered Characters
    You need to be active.

Each turn is 48 hours. If you fail to roll in time, we pass you and you lose a health. If you need to be on vacation you should get someone to fill in for you.

For your turn, You put your action in bold. You can do anything you want. The more impossible it is, the more it is likely to fail and vice versa. Here's an example of someone's post

Roll to jump up and down

After every has done an action I or one of the refs will update with a post that explains everything that happened.

You may only carry 5 items, not counting sign up items, if you already have five, you may drop one and pick up a new one.

No Editing. Period.

Certerified Ref
    Charziard31
    Digipoke1
    The Meddler*
    Curious Heartless
    Psiionic
    Mug*
    Bekidding
    ~SilverLugia~
    (* Means that this person is a co-owner, and thus is able to accept new refs.)

Rounds
    Round 1 Winner = Jackson Black - CuriousHeartles 96.
    Round 2 Winners = Sirirus, Ignis, and Pastel - Creature of the night - Psiionic, CuriousHeartless 96 and Digipoke1.
    Round 3 Winner = Sora - Winder
    Round 4 Winner = Locher Neston and Arthur - Infernal Blaze and Mon1010
    Round 5 Winner = Jon Teou the Dragon of Free Will, Roma-Laa the Kantus, Captain Octavio Pye the Pirate Captain - PokeLegend, Ghost of The Forums, Thecatteam
    Round 6 Winners = Damone and Zai - The Meddler and Psiionic
    Last edited by Captain Doctor Digi; 7th February 2013 at 4:57 AM.

Bumping this to first page. Also thank you Skyomi for approiving this.

Name: Artemis
    Backstory: Most vicious pirate of the seven seas
    Major skill(if applicable): Piracy
    Minor skills(if applicable): Swordfighting, Sailing
    Equipment(if applicable): Pirate Hat, Victorian era clothing, Cutlass, Flintlock Gun

Name: Shia Farella
    Backstory: Her parents were killed when she was 4, and after that she got raised by a lunatic/religious fanatic aunt who worshipped an earth god and tought her her earth shifting techniques.
    Major skill(if applicable): Earth shifting
    Minor skills(if applicable): Hand-To-Hand, Seduction
    Equipment(if applicable): Robe, Iron gloves, Shoes, Package of dried food, Book on "Why religion sucks"

reserving spot posting sign-up later

~

I am too. I'll get at it sometime.
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Name: Sir Bearington
    Backstory: A rogue grizzly bear that has mastered the way of the human. He is so advanced in the art of disguise that everyone believes he is a man. Growls and roars can be used to fake speaking english.
    Major skill(if applicable): Disguise
    Minor skills(if applicable): Speech, Sneak
    Equipment(if applicable): Top Hat

This is exactly what he looks like.

Thanks, 4chan
    Last edited by Paradoxe; 20th June 2012 at 6:26 AM.

Name: Soul King Brooke
    Backstory: A rather tall Man that often paints himself to resemble a skeleton, he travels the world bringing his music to the girls so he can see their panties
    Major skill(if applicable): Control of Ice
    Minor skills(if applicable): Spirit-Body Separation, Superb musical talents
    Equipment(if applicable): Crown, Feather Boa, Shark-shaped Guitar Sword, Flowery Pants, his afro (+9000 defense)

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Brook < this guy

~

If there is room

Name: John Egbert
    Backstory: A 13 year old kid who decided to play a game called Sburb, this game went very wrong
    Major skill(if applicable): Wind Magic
    Minor skills(if applicable): Hammer skills
    Equipment(if applicable): FearNoAnvil a hammer, Glasses, Jr. Ectobiologist suit
    Here he is
    II

A fantastic battle royale between 12 pokemon!
    Will you be the next Ultimate Rumbler?!?!

I don't completely understand this, but I'll play.

Name: Steele
    Backstory: A man with a mysterious past that has come to be the owner of a detective agency.
    Major skill(if applicable): Getting ladies, hand-to-hand combat
    Minor skills(if applicable): Solving cases
    Equipment(if applicable): A suit, a comb, plenty of hair gel, a Rolls Royce and a gun.

Here he is.
    Last edited by Charze; 20th June 2012 at 7:04 AM.
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

1. Artemis (The_Meddler)
    2. Shia Farella (Infernal Blaze)
    3. Sir Bearington (Paradoxe)
    4. Brooke (ShadeAce)
    5. John Egbert (Psiionic)
    6. Steele (Charizard31)
    7. ? (HydroSwampert)

I will let HS make his character, and give this until, eh 6 tonight. Then I'll start it.

Name: Zumoarikunori
    Backstory: He is a ninja who was thrown out of his ninja dojo. He has been training ever since so he can get back in.
    Major skill(if applicable): Sneaking around and throwing ninja stars
    Minor skills(if applicable): He isn't the smartest ninja ever....
    Equipment(if applicable): A ninja.....rode? Well, whatever it is they wear, Ninja stars which he keeps in deep pockets, and a vile of poision

Sorry about being late.
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by HydroSwampert View Post
    Minor skills(if applicable): He isn't the smartest ninja ever....
    I take it his Minor skill is Stupidity? xD

Well then, here goes nothing, well except hope that this is still open.

Name: Jackson Black (What I use for pretty much everything)
    Backstory: A treasure hunter who has found a good few magical treasures. He has recently returned to his hometown from a failed expedition for the magical 'Mask of Herakles', said to grant super strenght and durability.
    Major Skills: Good at pretty much anything physical from all his journeying into ruins and such (But he can't fight worth crap because he lacks any skill). Can easily spot and dodge traps for the same reason.
    Minor Skills:Also an omniglot (He can speak many languages) from all of his studying, and good at history. As it turns out, ruins also have many puzzles you have to solve or die, so he is good at puzzles.
    Equipment: Light clothing, a jacket for cold weather or rain, and a backpack with four magic relics he has found in the past (Ring of Hermes which allows fast movement, but starts burning after five mintes of wearing; Bracelet of Hecate which allows the user to heal wound they touch, but uses up energy from the weare and can't fully heal severe wounds or regrow anything like limbs; the Necklace of Callisto which allows communication with animals; and the Helmet of Tyche which increases luck while gambling.)

Hope the relics are acceptable.
    Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 21st June 2012 at 5:10 AM. Reason: Screwed up a name.

I must say, this is quite the sausagefest.

Name: Grace Devon
    Backstory: Was abandoned at birth in an abandoned factory, and was left to fend for herself, searching for food and basic resorces to keep her alive
    Major skill(if applicable): Nerves like steel
    Minor skills(if applicable): Is fairly intelligent
    Equipment(if applicable): Magnetic watch (a watch that attracts magnectic metal), hairpin

Hope that's ok
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047

Both KMG and Norns are accepted, and with that I start this game.

9 random people wake up in a strange room. The room is 32 x 32 ft and the 9 people are all chained to the floor in different areas of the room. There hands and feet are chained. There is one overhead light at the direct middle of the ceiling and it appears to be connected to a trapdoor that is locked. The 9 players do not have any of their weapons with them and are currently drowsy.

Each of you post one action, you have 48 hours.

BECAUSE DIGI SAID I CAN, BEFORE PEOPLE START ASKING...

Name: Kappa Nevermore
    Backstory: Kappa woke up at the age of 15, abandoned, fainted in a forest. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't remember his name. All he was wearing were jeans and a black hoodie. He looked for home. The only place of shelter he could find is a blacksmith's hut. The blacksmith raised him for three years and then kicked him out of his home, with nothing but a wooden sword. The blacksmith's name was Perry Nevermore. As Kappa couldn't remember his name nor bothered to, he named himself Kappa. He stumbled into a village, preparing for war one day. Only one thing was left when everyone was gone: a discarded, fully-loaded flamethrower.
    Major skill(if applicable): Burning things, spying, survivalist skills
    Minor skills(if applicable): Climbing, fighting, hiding
    Equipment(if applicable): Black Hoodie, Wooden Sword, Flamethrower

This guy
    Last edited by "Spite" DefaultAsAwesome; 20th June 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Rolliing to break the chains with my bear strength.
    Last edited by Paradoxe; 21st June 2012 at 3:05 AM.

Sheesh, could you have made it harder?

Roll to relax the muscles in his wrists and ankles to pull his way out of the chains. (I know you cna do it with handcuffs because that's how magicians do escape tricks, not sure about ankles though.)
    Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 20th June 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Break the chains by moving them in a sawing motion up and down on the chain around the ankles
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047

I painfully, but effectively, squeeze my right hand with my left, so it squeezes out, spitting out a forceful splotch of saliva to help get it to slide through, assisting the temporarily thinned hand. I do the same thing with the other hand. Then I use both of my free hands to unpick the anklet locks with my fingernails.

I manage to rip off of my hands and feet.

I use my strength from throwing ninja stars to rip the chains out of the ground. Then I rip them off of my legs.
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Roll to raise small slabs of earth to break the chains.
    Last edited by Gryghaim; 21st June 2012 at 1:23 AM.

Page 1 of 96 123451151 ... LastLast