Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saving Time: An RPG of Prehistoric Proportions [SU]

PENDING. While the history was good (as seems to be the theme), both the personality and the description need to be longer.
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

Please click my dragon(s)!

Hmm. A rifle? If you're going to go with something that large, get a shotgun or revolver. A rifle is too large and doesn't hit too hard-if you're going to be taking down a large dinosaur, bullets will not do too much damage-they may eventually kill it, but it could take hours. Also, how are you going to tote a rifle about?

Yeah, I'll change up a bit.

Description: Jeffrey, or Jeff is a rough looking man, for someone of the age of 45 he is strangely fit. He has thick black facial hair, and dusty looking, short, greying black hair. He is of a rather average build for someone his age, at six-foot-two he isn't exactly built. He has very hardened skin from the 30 years of work in the field, this has also gave his skin a slightly darker tint, it would be hard to guess what nationality he is. His face is worn, rounded, with many imperfections, a large scar across his cheek going up to his brown eyes, they are always slightly bloodshot. He has the appearance of someone you would cross the street to avoid.

He usually wears a worn, brown leather jacket, grey, dirty undershirt and black, fingerless gloves for protection and dexterity. His legs are covered by a thick pair of khaki trousers, very practical with pockets for climbing equipment, shells and a weapon. His shoes are worn, brown boots, very practical for climbing and getting around, allows protection in a desert enviroment. He wears dark, aviator sunglasses for eye protection in the sun and when excavating. His clothing style is old fashioned but practical.

Personality: If there ever was a better desciption of someone who is stubborn then this is it. Jeff is notoriously tricky to work with, always pushing his own opinions and ideas in. In his eyes, everyone is wrong but him. He is overtly heavy handed in some situations, often leading to problems. He dislikes working in a group and prefers the company of himself. He is very old fashioned, with an intense dislike for technology and all things new, for him the old way was the best way. A very lonely individual, he has many more enemies than friends. He has very dry, dark sense of humor that not many people understand. He won't think twice about leaving you behind if you mess him about.

Jeff is very experienced, basically a walking encyclopedia on dinosaurs. He is able to identify targets at long distances and use the information he knows to quickly work out a plan of action in his head. He has militairy experience, can use and clean weapons effectively, and is very tactical in his plans, this can be a disadvantage though as usually they turn into suicide missions. He perefers to work at a distance, but can think quickly when thrown into a tight situation. He has a very sharp eye for his age, and can spot traps that are hidden in the grass from a distance. He might alert you of the upcoming traps if he respects you.

Inventory

1x Militairy Issue Shotgun
    20x Shells
    Clips and ropes for climbing
    Weeks worth of dried food
    Full Canteen
    One Way Radio
    Wide backpack
    Leather notepad
    WHITE 2 FC - Mega - 1679 1590 2270

And one great thing about this is that we don't have to worry about stepping on a butterfly and causing a horrible world, making someone shoot the offender.

Everyone has a stereotype in their applications...

ACCEPTED. Good job.

@greatguy: Yep. That's actually the main reason I chose to avoid actual time travel. Real time travel is ridiculously confusing.
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

Real time travel is confusing? *looks at Doctor Who episodes* Hmm... so wait. If I, say, shot the ape who was gonna become a human, would that wipe us out? xD

Then again, this is just an RPG, so...
    Last edited by KYOGRE-D; 3rd September 2012 at 8:11 PM.

I remember a bit in Austin Powers about time travel, take the rpg like this

Austin: Wait a tick. Basil, if I travel back to 1969 and I was frozen in 1967, presumeably, I could go back and visit my frozen self. But, if I'm still frozen in 1967, how could I have been unthawed in the '90s and traveled back to...
    [goes cross-eyed]
    Austin: Oh, no, I've gone cross-eyed.
    Basil: I suggest you don't worry about those things and just enjoy yourself.
    [to camera]
    Basil: That goes for you all, too.
    Austin: Yes.
    WHITE 2 FC - Mega - 1679 1590 2270

TA, I'm about to return to my boarding school, so my input will be limited - although I will be able to go on during the weekends and via my phone.Well, cya soon!
    Check out my nuzlockes!

Spoiler:- My Nuzlockes:

Shinies:

DW Females: Druddingon, Staravia, Kabuto, Murkrow, Swinub, Vulplix, a few more I have to check

My friend code is 0219 0031 8407

Wow, no one caught my reference?

I did. A Sound of Thunder by Ray Bradbury, correct?

@Kyogre: That's fine. If the other RPGs here are any indication, you shouldn't have to worry about posting more than a few times a week.

@Megamuncher: Again, taking advantage of many-worlds theory lets me avoid fourth wall breaking hand waves. Think Michel Chricton's Timeline.
    Last edited by Treecko's Awesomeness; 6th September 2012 at 1:52 PM.

Hey Folks

I'm writing a bio for a character but I was wondering if someone in Grant's team can have anther weapon if it's practical?

Cheers

SSP used teleport WHOOSH!!

Yeah, that was right. No one reads Ray Bradbury anymore :L

***P, what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSoulPrimal View Post
    Hey Folks

I'm writing a bio for a character but I was wondering if someone in Grant's team can have anther weapon if it's practical?

Cheers

SSP used teleport WHOOSH!!
    That depends on what it is. I think that a good rule for that would be no more than one gun for a good guy, and try not to go overboard with that. A pistol and a machete would be fine, but a shotgun and a pistol wouldn't. A shotgun and a machete is a stretch, but I think it could work. Remember, though, Chronos was planning a terrorist attack, and Grant's team was planning a research expedition. It would make sense for a Chronos member to pack some significant firepower, but the paleontologists didn't plan for fighting anything but animals.

Quote Originally Posted by greatguy View Post
    Yeah, that was right. No one reads Ray Bradbury anymore :L

***P, what do you mean?
    I do... Also, I find it hilarious that the censor cut out "@SS" from "@SSP"

Oh my gosh, I never noticed that censor. I'm too used to Ever Grande City Forums...no censor there XD

I agree with Treecko, that makes sense.

Cheers treeko... Tho is it alright if I use a bow instead of a gun?
    It fits my character and story better

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSoulPrimal View Post
    Cheers treeko... Tho is it alright if I use a bow instead of a gun?
    It fits my character and story better
    Sure, just as long as it doesn't break the laws of physics.[/Hypocrisy] By that I mean that it should not do as much damage as a gun. If you shoot at anything harder than wood, it will bounce off.

Hey guys

here it is..hope this comes out right....1st time copy pasting long post from word :/

Name: No-dew-ma Bahba

Organization: Grant’s Team

Description:
    Born Jack Rook, Bahba is 35 years old but looks closer to 45. He has shoulder length black hair which he often has tied back in a ponytail to keep it out of his face. His hands and feet are calloused and tough after living with both aboriginal and South American tribes and his skin is stained a deep brown from the accumulated grime and tanning of almost ten years of tribal life.
    A self-stylised cross between Indiana Jones and Steve Irwin, Bahba almost always wears pale-green short sleeve t-shirts, ž length shorts and his trusty leather ‘Poet’ Hat. Whilst not overly muscled, Bahba is strong in a wiry sort of way and with high level training in Silat he can definitely hold his own if the fists go up.

Personality:
    Bahba is a bit of a conundrum, at times he can be a joker, laughing and playing tricks on his team mate, but at other times he can lose his temper, in a big way, if someone is being unreasonably cruel to animals or being harshly disrespectful towards others. After his time living in Central Australia and Southern America he has gained a deep respect for nature and life in general, even to the point where if someone is in trouble he will risk his life to help them, even if moments ago they were trying to kill him.
    Bahba doesn’t like guns, never has, never will. He finds them far too noisy and messy and he doesn’t like the feelings of power guns give the wielder or the trepidation and fear they instil in other people. Bahba prefers bows, they are simple, quiet and, best of all, in this day and age do not corrupt and terrorise people nearly as much as guns do.

History:
    By the age of twenty five, Bahba was already a competent amateur palaeontologist and zoologist, traveling around the world watching animals and digging up fossils. At this point he decided to spend time with the Aboriginal tribes in Australia, where he learnt more about the art of survival, archery and bush craft. During this time he was given the name he now uses ‘No-dew-ma Bahba’ which is Wagiman for ‘White Brother’. After five years of living like this he went to the jungle tribes of South America, using contacts he had made in previous forays studying the local flora and fauna. Here he learnt jungle craft, and how to make poisons from the secretions off the backs of poison arrow frogs.
    Three years after entering the jungles he returned to civilisation and continued his life both wiser, and older than before. Now, at the age of 35 Bahba heard rumours of a man named Henry Grant, who was recruiting palaeontologists for an expedition to end all expeditions in the Sonoran Desert. Bahba packed his bags and moved on to his next adventure.

Inventory:
    - Wooden short bow, hand crafted x1
    - Arrows, assorted heads, hand crafted x25
    - Spare bowstrings x2
    - Flint and steel x1
    - Dried meals x1 week supply
    - Grapple hook x1
    - Rope x70ft
    - Leather backed sketchpad x1
    - 1 litre metal thermos x1
    - Machete x1
    - 30 litre back pack x1

PENDING. Your history is fine, but you need to just about double both your description and your personality. Also, just a minor error in your history. Australia is actually the only continent that didn't ever use bows in a large scale. You might want to change it so that your character got the bow from South America.

Bows weren't used in Australia that much? Probably should have done more research :/
    And sure I can probably double my description and personality
    Cheers

Woohoo! A bow and arrows user! THis will be really interesting...
    Check out my nuzlockes!

Spoiler:- My Nuzlockes:

Shinies:

DW Females: Druddingon, Staravia, Kabuto, Murkrow, Swinub, Vulplix, a few more I have to check

My friend code is 0219 0031 8407

The stereotypes are killing me. And...Aboriginal genes? Are you sure that's spelled correctly...?

1st to Kyogre-D: yeah I thought it would be a good idea to have a guy who won't run out of ammo after the first week XD

2nd to greatguy:.....'aboriginal genes'? Can't see where the genes comes in....I forgot to mention, and I am going to put it into the redraft, Bahba was born in Hythe, a village in the New Forest, England....so not quite sure where 'aboriginal genes' came from....

Anyway the redraft is coming on a bit slow....life decided to pull a fast one on me and I haven't really had enough time to make changes, hope to get it in soon

SSP used teleport!!! WHOOSH!!

It's gone now....

Just to say I should be able to get the redraft up over the weekend
    Cya then!

EDIT: jeez sorry had a huge amount of homework on Friday thought I'd get through it this weekend but apparently not....

SSP used teleport!! WHOOSH!!
    Last edited by SilverSoulPrimal; 23rd September 2012 at 6:07 PM.

Okay, how many people do we need before we can start?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast