Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Attacks & Abilities Discussion

Default New Attacks & Abilities Discussion

Discuss the various new attacks and abilities here.

How do you think they will affect the metagame? Do you wish for other Pokémon to have them?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/attacks.shtml
    http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/ability.shtml

So far I like all the new atttacks and abilities. i like the sound of shell blade becaues it sounds awesome and i would like it to be powerful but it probably is only 75.
    If you're one of the 10% who never lost faith in Gold and Silver remakes, and you were RIGHT, copy and paste this into your sig, and then do a victory dance!!!
    -Started by: GengarNightmare

http://my.gpxpl.us/charizardking

by ecokitty on deviant art
    officially claimed elekid

The new attacks til now are pretty interesting.
    The one who caught my eye was the Oath: Grass and Fire. I was interested also to hear about Reshiram's ability, TurboBlaze.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Yeah, the Oath's have got me interested to.. no doubt if there is a fire and grass there will be a water i hope. And Mijumaru's Shell Blade sound awesome, although only his evolution line will probably learn it.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

The attacks this time round are pretty interesting.
    My favorites so far would have to be Complete Burn/Incinerate and Acrobat, simply because they're unique. And I really want to see Claw Sharpen in action =D

And the abilities are OK, Pidgeon/Bird Heart sounds like it's going to be a decent ability, I'm still curious about Turbo Blaze and Zekrom's equivalent, I really want to know what they do, they sound, powerful.
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

My only thought about the new attacks and abilities: they seem to really be focusing on accuracy this time around.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I really like EarthquakeSpiral for Crokonile, but i would imagine it would not be useful in one on one's. So for everything else i think it's is an awesome ability to have, and i may have to make a team built around this ability.
    FC: 4356-0274-2119
    FS: Elec - Emolga, Pikachu, Dedenne

My favorite abilities thus far have to be Overconfidence (also known as "EarthquakeSpiral" on the site) and Encourage. Both of those abilities look so incredibly useful, and I hope that Encourage negates the negative 2ndary effects of attacks, so that Hihidaruma can use Overheat without sharply lowering it's Sp. Atk, and so Wargle can use Brave Bird without recoil.

Pigeon Heart is also interesting to me.

I'm hoping that Herbivore goes to more than Shikijika (I expect it to, but anyway). It feels sort of useless on a Grass-type, because it's unlikely that anyone (save for the wild Pokemon and "dumber" Trainers) will use a Grass-type move on a part Grass-type Pokemon.

I'd like to see Herbivore on a Water-type or something.

As for the attacks, I'm really liking Claw Sharpen, Sweep Slap, Wild Bolt, Night Burst, Shell Blade, Grass Mixer, Nitro Charge, Drill Liner, Grass Oath, Fire Oath, Windstorm, and Acrobat.

I'm especially excited for:

Wild Bolt - It looks like it could be like Volt Tackle, but easier to distribute to Pokemon like Luxray!
    Sweep Slap - I just like it. I love Chillarmy.
    Grass Oath and Fire Oath - What do these moves do? Perhaps they raise Grass/Fire attacks respectively. I expect a 'Water Oath' as well.
    Acrobat - so interesting and very useful for the new Triple Battles. I think it'd be cool if it could attack the other Pokemon in Rotation Battles, but it's effects as of now are good.

The big thing I'm interested in is what TurboBlaze and TeraVoltage do. Beyond that, Encourage and EarthquakeSpiral/Overconfidence/Whatever have me interested too; they sound like they could be pretty dang useful.

And as far as attacks go, Shell Blade is probably my favorite revealed thus far, mainly because it sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I'm hoping that Herbivore goes to more than Shikijika (I expect it to, but anyway). It feels sort of useless on a Grass-type, because it's unlikely that anyone (save for the wild Pokemon and "dumber" Trainers) will use a Grass-type move on a part Grass-type Pokemon.

I'd like to see Herbivore on a Water-type or something.
    Herbivore is useful for a free attack boost if you switch out pokemon to get hit by a grass attack, Herbivore is basicly a grass type Motor Drive except attack is increased instead.

I do hope that Encourage does let you use moves like Overheat, Brave Bird, etc without the secondary effects working.

Also I wonder if Complete Burn would destroy any held item and not just berries.
    3DS FC: 2062-9321-2774

they seem preety cool and power ful but probably only 85 the most

i can't wait to see how double chop is going to look. and earthquakespiral looks sweet also
    FC:3310 4750 6449

DON'T GET THE OCTOPUSS UPSET! HE MAY EAT HIMSELF!!!!!

Earthquake Spiral could be devastating in Triple Battles if paired with Earthquake. Put Stone Edge on there for Flying-Types and watch the other team spiral downwards, lol.

EDIT: Actually, does it work if Meguroko takes out its teammates?
    Last edited by Icay4321; 29th August 2010 at 7:09 PM.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

I'm not too sure about that actually, but it say's in the abilities section that it's attack raises when it knocks out an opponent... so most probably not.

It will be devastating in any battles apart from 1v1's imo since it will be wasted lol aslong as their is another pokemon to attack after it's defeated one then it's on a rampage :P Oh how i love Crokonile.

Dust-proof is another one that i love, i really hate taking weather damage and all that extra text lol (unless with dust-proof it has the weather text as well as the 'blahblah does not effect ?????) so yay for Dust-proof.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoSteve View Post
    I'm not too sure about that actually, but it say's in the abilities section that it's attack raises when it knocks out an opponent... so most probably not.

It will be devastating in any battles apart from 1v1's imo since it will be wasted lol aslong as their is another pokemon to attack after it's defeated one then it's on a rampage :P Oh how i love Crokonile.
    I think it'll be devastating in 1 vs. 1 battles, too. I mean, we don't know if it'll be a Pokemon that could sweep an entire team. If it has decent Attack and Defense then it could easily just be sent in first and, with each enemy Pokemon defeated, the battle just gets easier.

Yeah that's pretty much what iv'e been saying (team battle wise) i have no doubt that it will be awesome in a 1v1 i was just saying his ability wouldn't be as good in them due to there being no other opponent to use its boosted attack on.

Don't really kept track of the attacks and abilities, but when a strong Pokémon gets EarthquakeSpiral the Pokémon will be OU immediately, it looks a bit overpowered, a Attack boosting attack + that ability and you have a great sweeper.
    Haven't touched a Pokémon game in over a year. Played Pokémon White and that was it.

Generation 5 hater. I'll stick with the Gen 4.

Started playing Heart Gold again - as of june 24th, 2012. Currently SRing for a starter.

Lost all saves in every pokemon game. Except for White. Countless hours of shiny-hunting; gone. Over 30 shinies; gone.

Wish me luck on my quest for shiny Pokémon!

I want to become a YT-Gamer, any tips are welcome.

For Fire Oath, I think that it will raise the power of Fire moves, but only allow for Fire moves to be used. Lasts for 2-5 turns.

"If live gives you lemons, make a kingdom."

Looking through that page I just realised I didn't know half the new abilities, but the one I'm most interested in is Telepathy.
    I hate not being able to use earthquake in double battles D:
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Wild bolt is my favorite attack and with Shell blade close behind. If Wild Bolt is not a clone of Volt Tackle I see it being more of an electric Take Down attack.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I really like the new abilities. Their showing off some creativity in these abilities, and i like the fact that they give old pokemon new abilities (vaporeon trough dreamworld etc).

My favourite is hihidaruma and the eagle's abilities, I like hihidaruma's face and the eagle looks cool, and their abilities make them even better!

Illusion is also a great ability, giving some extra fun for the competitive players, if it isnt going to be an uber (that would spoil the fun).

Herbivore sounds like a great asset, I hope that others get it too. But the only thing that bothers me is that grass attacks are rarely used in competitive battles, besides when you're battling Swampert. But I dont really think that its going to be used frequently.

I do have a question about Healing Heart, its description says: 'While the pokemon is being used, any team-mate of the pokemon cannot be affected by a status condition'. So I wonder: being used, does that mean on the team in general, only when the pokemon is in battle, or when it has been used in battle? And, it says 'any team-mate', is that the direct partner in battle, or does it also include pokemon that are in their pokeball?

sorry double post
    Last edited by KentuckyFriedTorchic; 30th August 2010 at 2:14 PM. Reason: double post

The ability I'm hyped up for by the most atm is Illusion. It seems like it'd be insanely fun to mess around with, especially considering Zoroark would most likely learn Taunt, which has good synergy with the ability, as it allows you to easily Taunt pokemon that wish to set up entry hazards/stat-up moves versus whatever your current Illusion is.

Also, I'm interested in what Grass/Fire/presumably Water Oath will end up being. Currently, I think they'll work something along the lines of giving a boost to moves of their respective types as long as that pokemon is out (like any regular stat boosts).
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyFriedTorchic View Post
    I do have a question about Healing Heart, its description says: 'While the pokemon is being used, any team-mate of the pokemon cannot be affected by a status condition'. So I wonder: being used, does that mean on the team in general, only when the pokemon is in battle, or when it has been used in battle? And, it says 'any team-mate', is that the direct partner in battle, or does it also include pokemon that are in their pokeball?
    I'm assuming it only heals the status of your partner pokemon in double/triple battles.

new attacks on old pokemon predictions:

Claw sharpen:Aaron line, Zangoose, Sneasel line, Raikou, Ursaring
    Trickery: Abra, medicham, murkrow
    Sweep slap: chansey, lickitung
    Telekinesis: abra, bronzor, grumpig, hypno, the psychic trio
    Gear saucer: bronzor, graveler
    Wild bolt: Manectric, Luxray, Pikachu, raikou
    Night Burst: i think it will be only available to zoroark
    Shell blade: cloyster, clamperl
    Grass mixer: bellosom, roserade, sunflora
    Drill liner: ryhorn, dunsparce
    Double chop: all fighting pokemon (via TM)
    Heart stamp: no idea!!
    You first: whatever pokemon can learn me first!
    Magic room: whatever pokemon can learn trick room!
    Free-fall: skarmory, aeroductyl, three legendary birds, pidgeot, staraptor. Somehow I do not see swellow learning it, though technically Ash;'s swellow was the first to use it against Harrison's donphan
    Coil: seviper, arbok, tangella, tentacool
    Nitro charge: magmar, torkoal, quilava, rapidash, victini, moltres
    Fire oath: pokabu line exclusive
    Grass oath: tsutarja line exclusive
    Soak: wooper, psyduck, shellos, lapras
    Compete burn: victini sig move
    Windstorm: available via TM on all pokemon with wings
    Bug resistance: paras, combee, weedle, venonat
    Acrobat: aipom, mankey, chimchar, tangella, hitmontop

Combination Moves Confirmed! (almost)

Water Oath, Fire Oath, Grass Oath. Select 2 of the three receive special effects.

Water+Grass appears to slow down opponents.

For use in double/triple battles.

Awaiting more confirmation.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast