Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Taboos in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyula View Post
    Well, it depends; I wont deny that there is a certain poetic beauty in someone willingly sacrifice their life for others. Although I can't remember thinking that it was beautiful when I was contemplating these thoughts half a year ago.
    There's kind of a difference between taking a metaphorical (or literal) bullet for a person you love and being so depressed that you think you, and the world, would be happier if you ended your own life. And hell, even the former is usually nowhere near as pretty as it's portrayed in media. The latter, of course, is even uglier.

On the matter of taking your own life -- it is your life, but I believe a person should try to make a reasoned decision, considering the people they will leave behind, because you can never take it back. Also, to try to find a therapist if possible. Yeah, trite, I know.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    On the matter of taking your own life -- it is your life, but I believe a person should try to make a reasoned decision, considering the people they will leave behind, because you can never take it back. Also, to try to find a therapist if possible. Yeah, trite, I know.
    Yeah, like I mentioned how it ruined my friend’s family.
    And like I said, most (if not all) bad situations can get better if u try.
    Therapy probably could help but not everyone wants to admit that they need it…GET OVER IT.

And to agree with what was said: this is not about giving your life for someone else, it is about willingly taking your own life.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

New taboo in the US anyway. Reveling your dislike of Israel of political reasons is impossible to do without being called antisemitic. But people cheer if you hate china. Disliking a country's actions doesn't make you hate the people that live there because of thier religion. Let me know your thoughts. I think It has to with AIPAC.
    Last edited by pug6666; 25th November 2012 at 3:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pug6666 View Post
    New taboo in the US anyway. Reveling your dislike of Israel of political reasons is impossible to do without being called antisemitic. But people cheer if you hate china. Disliking a country's actions doesn't make you hate the people that live there because of thier religion. Let me know your thoughts. I think It has to with AIPAC.
    Wouldn't exactly call that a taboo but yeah it os definatly something that needs to be corrected.
    how to do that though is the tough part. Personally I don't thinflk that we should be hating on China either, but peoples hats for that country is backed with a reason that they believe in so it will be hard to dissuade them.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Anyway Someone will scream antisemitic for quoting the Geneva convention.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345