Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All For The Love of Meloetta (746)

Nice start for Best Wishes Season 2. The new opening was superb, that shot with all of Ash's reserves felt so nostalgic :') little sad with no Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras and Larvitar appearances but I understand their status...

I liked Cynthia's returning, she's awesome! There were some nice interations and it was a good episode overall. ^_^ little Axew is getting stronger.

Cool to see Dawn's last seconds cameo but I don't know if I'm gonna be able to stand Piplup ;_;

wonder what TR was thinking when they saw Meloetta following Ash's group onto the plane.

Cute Iris & Axew. I liked the battle with her & Cynthia. Who knew Axew had so much power! lastly, nice to see Dawn at the end. I wonder what Iris will think of her.
    Last edited by Blessed; 22nd June 2012 at 4:53 AM.

This episode was interesting, I liked the battle between Iris and Cynthia. My favorite part is seeing Dawn at the end XD
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Perfect episode, the music everything.. minus oshawott being a screen hogg, i will give it a 9.5/10
    Pikachu, Emolga, Meloetta, and Axew got just as much screen-time as Oshawott. Stop being pressed.

Overall, I didn't think the episode was anything special. Seeing Team Rocket again was interesting; I still thought they could've been a little more proactive, but whatever. Cynthia's holier than thou attitude was expected, so I wasn't too surprised when she showed up and acted so pretentiously. I was pleased to see that Emolga and Oshawott got over their little argument and focused on the matter at hand. However, the battle between Cynthia and Iris was disapointing. I kind of understand why some people are so frustrated with Axew; that thing isn't developing fast enough.

Love how all of Paul's Pokemon faint to like 1-2 moves from Garchomp...but Iris's childish Axew manages to not only strike Garchomp a few times, it also gets to take two super effective hit's from a Champion's Pokemon. Either Garchomp got weaker from the lack of good battles or the writers just love to give Axew plot armor every time it's in a serious battle >:|
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

So the Isshu league is in 3 months..I wonder if that will correspond to real life time? Likely not, but I don't expect this season to be overly long nonetheless.

wonder what TR was thinking when they saw Meloetta following Ash's group onto the plane.
    Meowth: We should just kidnap him and wait for the Legendary Pokemon to come. :I

... but seriously they seemed mildly surprised.

I liked the episode better than I thought I would. I assumed it was going to be a pointless episode, but it had more than I assumed. It's nice to have Cynthia and Dawn return and I'm glad that Team Rocket appeared more often in this episode than they have in a non-TR plot episode. The battle between Axew and Garchomp is probably my favourite Axew fight of the saga, even if they forgot Outrage exists. Dragon Rush and definitely Giga Impact look better than last generation.

I'm excited for the World Tournament, but I'm honestly not excited for the upcoming lineup of episodes. Well, after next one, of course.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I have to know, what were Ash's initial reactions throughout the episode? Please give me details

Did the subject of Ash's travels in Sinnoh come up?

And if it did, did they once again treat the situation like Iris and Cilan already knew that?

Mijumaru's lusting never fails to entertain me. Was Meloetta so attractive that it caused Mijumaru to forget he also had a crush on Emonga?

Iris was cute in this episode, with her blushing and being nervous around Shirona until finally being able to ask her for a battle. I love the girl.

Meloetta's singing was so beautiful, it's just as soothing as it sounded to the characters. It should be noted her voice actress is also a singer.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 22nd June 2012 at 12:25 PM.

Axew should've used Outrage instead of Giga Impact...

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I agree with some people on Axew vs Garchomp.

Iris has barely done training with him, yet he learns Outrage and Giga Impact in pinches. I'm sorry what?
    Maybe this was just done to hint at iris in Black & White 2, but still it was just ugh.
    Meoletta, Oshawott, Emolga, and Cynthia were the only things that stood out to me. I like how Cynthia and Ash interacted with her indecisiveness of junk food still in effect.
    I couldn't care less for Dawn and Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Love how all of Paul's Pokemon faint to like 1-2 moves from Garchomp...but Iris's childish Axew manages to not only strike Garchomp a few times, it also gets to take two super effective hit's from a Champion's Pokemon. Either Garchomp got weaker from the lack of good battles or the writers just love to give Axew plot armor every time it's in a serious battle >:|
    Yeah, that tells you that this is definetly a different series than last time. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I get the feeling Cynthia wasn't really going all out against Axew, not even close to it. I'm sure plot also played a part, but Cynthia wasn't really into the battle much. I suppose Axew also had some motivation in it to not give up and that always means it's not going down...right away, as it is with all shows.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

The fact that Axew did damage was cool to me. I honestly think it was minimal, but still. I think the writers are trying to hint that everybody is getting more powerful. I honestly thought the way it was handled in Sinnoh (in terms of elite four, Cythina, etc.) was a bit too much of making them nearly invisible.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by srebak View Post
    I have to know, what were Ash's initial reactions throughout the episode? Please give me details

Did the subject of Ash's travels in Sinnoh come up?

When they meet Cynthia, Ash tells he had "many stories to talk about", but nothing beside it

And if it did, did they once again treat the situation like Iris and Cilan already knew that?

Apparently, no. Cilan, at least, is very surprise
    Answers in bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

I never really liked Meloetta while playing the game, but the anime has actually helped me to fall in love with the thing. It's singing is amazing, but I bet if the dub changes its voice, then they'll ruin it..

Also, as I said in an anime spoiler thread.. its clear that Axew did no damage, Garchomp was just caught off guard by the new move and quickly recovered afterwards to deliver the smack down.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Also, as I said in an anime spoiler thread.. its clear that Axew did no damage, Garchomp was just caught off guard by the new move and quickly recovered afterwards to deliver the smack down.
    It did do damage, that's why Garchomp reacted to the move and fell down. However, doing one big move to a huge truck like Garchomp isn't going to be enough. But regardless, the move did do some damage.

I like the fact that Cynthia doesn't seem as invincible in BW as she was in DP. If Ash battles her later in the saga it gives more belief he could do well against her.

If a little baby Axew can knock Garchomp down, just imagine what Ash's Infenape, Sceptile, Charizard, etc. could do.

I love Iris fandom about Cynthia !

Ah, so Cynthia most likely got Glaceon due to the games having her with one.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

23. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I like the fact that Cynthia doesn't seem as invincible in BW as she was in DP. If Ash battles her later in the saga it gives more belief he could do well against her.

If a little baby Axew can knock Garchomp down, just imagine what Ash's Infenape, Sceptile, Charizard, etc. could do.
    Not. Much.

Anyhow, this was cool episode. I enjoyed seeing Meloetta, but was surprised at just how tiny she is.

Shirona was flawless as usual. And once again, Kibago pulled a move out of his @ss. Wondering if Giga Impact is gonna be another "Outrage", meaning, it will never be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    And once again, Kibago pulled a move out of his @ss. Wondering if Giga Impact is gonna be another "Outrage", meaning, it will never be seen again.
    Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Knock Garchomp down twice before Ash ultimately gets destroyed?

At best, it would probably go down like Ash vs Agatha. Pikachu knocked Gengar around a bit, before ultimately getting hit by the Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast