Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: All For The Love of Meloetta (746)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I like the fact that Cynthia doesn't seem as invincible in BW as she was in DP. If Ash battles her later in the saga it gives more belief he could do well against her.

If a little baby Axew can knock Garchomp down, just imagine what Ash's Infenape, Sceptile, Charizard, etc. could do.
    And did nothing to him, that was just Axew guts and Garchomp being surpirsed, he probably wouldn't go down if he was expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post

Shirona was flawless as usual. And once again, Kibago pulled a move out of his @ss. Wondering if Giga Impact is gonna be another "Outrage", meaning, it will never be seen again.
    He got stronger and learned a move that should happen more, like with Satoshi pokemon...

No, Outrage was a move he used out of rage he couldn't control it, Giga Impact is controlable, he will probably use it again if he is used in the tournament.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    And did nothing to him, that was just Axew guts and Garchomp being surpirsed, he probably wouldn't go down if he was expecting it.

He got stronger and learned a move that should happen more, like with Satoshi pokemon...

No, Outrage was a move he used out of rage he couldn't control it, Giga Impact is controlable, he will probably use it again if he is used in the tournament.
    Outrage is SUPPOSED to be like that........but he wasn't out of control, he hit Gobitto everytime he intended to. What you call out of control was the confusion after-effect....

A good start to Best Wishes 2. Great to see Cynthia again (And see fangasming Iris). Seeing Oshawott fall for Meloetta was funny and Iris held her own against Cynthia and Axew learned Gigs Impact. Meloeeta follows Ash and Co with Team Rocket after. Dawn at the Villa along with Piplup too, a good episode.

And Cynthia's love for treats really made the Unova trio anime fall with grace.

I like the fact that Cynthia doesn't seem as invincible in BW as she was in DP. If Ash battles her later in the saga it gives more belief he could do well against her.

If a little baby Axew can knock Garchomp down, just imagine what Ash's Infenape, Sceptile, Charizard, etc. could do.
    Yeah. See this is what I don't like about BW. They had her unstoppable in DP where barely Paul's Pokemon could touch hers and here we have her getting hit by a small Axew? Imagine if this was back in DP with how little Iris trains him, that she would have been OK'd.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    They had her unstoppable in DP where barely Paul's Pokemon could touch hers and here we have her getting hit by a small Axew? Imagine if this was back in DP with how little Iris trains him, that she would have been OK'd.
    Except that this was an entirely different situation.

You can't possibly compare Iris with a character who had guts to believe had a chance against Sinnoh Champion. Cynthia was depicted strong in both DP and BW but in different ways. Paul couldn't even touch her because Cynthia was going all out on him. Axew could touch Garchomp because this wasn't a serious battle. The very finish of their battle revealed that Cynthia was going easy on Iris the entire time. Plus, none of Axew's hits really amounted to anything, not a single scratch was a made by his effort. So I really hope you guys stop saying Cynthia is weaker than DP since that really isn't true.

Different situation, different writing - Cynthia was going easy on Iris.

....and now, her story begins.

I think it's obvious Cynthia is being depowered so Ash can beat her.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Outrage is SUPPOSED to be like that........but he wasn't out of control, he hit Gobitto everytime he intended to. What you call out of control was the confusion after-effect....
    I know its supposed to be like that, I'm saying that he did it out of anger, he or Iris will probably not use that unless they are in a desperate situation and he was this time and he used Giga Impact instead.

He loses control, ingame its the same the pokemon uses Outrage 3 times, you can't control him for 3 turns.

No.

Yeah. See this is what I don't like about BW. They had her unstoppable in DP where barely Paul's Pokemon could touch hers and here we have her getting hit by a small Axew? Imagine if this was back in DP with how little Iris trains him, that she would have been OK'd.
    Did you not read my post?

First Shirona wasn't really going full at them, I expect most of the moves to be weaker then usual, she fougth seriously against Shinji, because she had to teach him a lesson, she didn't have to d that to Iris, Iris respectfully asked for a figth with her little Axew, the Giga Impact on Garchomp once again, was just a surprise attack, Garchomp wasn't expecting it.

Garchomp was absolutelly fine after he got back up.

If Shirona points was to OK Iris, she would have done that.

Its still awesome how more then half of the people around here and I mean adults, can't interpret a story at all.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 23rd June 2012 at 4:55 PM.

I think it's obvious that you're replacing facts with "facts" of your own simply in order to fulfill your fantasy that will never come true anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    that will never come true anyway.
    It's very likely Ash will battle Cynthia properly one day and possibly win. I'd say it's more likely that Ash will at least battle her now in BW considering Cynthia's returned (probably for this one time) again. Considering the player of the games is indeed able to battle her in B/W and B2/W2, it wouldn't be out of place for Ash to battle her either.

If he loses now so what. I fully expect to see him beat her (or any champion for that matter) at some point in the shows run.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It's very likely Ash will battle Cynthia properly one day and possibly win. I'd say it's more likely that Ash will at least battle her now in BW considering Cynthia's returned (probably for this one time) again. Considering the player of the games is indeed able to battle her in B/W and B2/W2, it wouldn't be out of place for Ash to battle her either.

If he loses now so what. I fully expect to see him beat her (or any champion for that matter) at some point in the shows run.
    Well, he can only win if he uses his old Pokémon.

But I don't really see him beating her in any other way. :/

Well, he can only win if he uses his old Pokémon.

But I don't really see him beating her in any other way. :/
    Obviously nothings impossible, but it would be very unrealistic if he won with only his Unova Team.

He'd stand a good chance with a mixture of his previous Pokemon. Personally I think Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Snorlax and if Ash was to get Samurott, would be a good line-up. Obviously he has two fire types there, but they are incredibly powerful.

Cynthia's always been a good judge of character. Knowing Iris travels with Ash would show to her easily that Iris is nothing like Paul at all. Also with Cynthia having a fully evolved dragon type in Garchomp, she sees in Axew what might've been her Gible when she first captured (if that was the case, same feelings go for Garchomp.) It wasn't going to be an official battle, but Axew would've got a lot of confidence in it, which ended with Axew learning giga impact.

Overall, I'd the say the episode was average. It's ok for a regular episode, but as a premier for a new season, it was a bit weak.

Anyway, it's not really that bad. The animation was good, Axew vs Garchomp was handled well and the story is, at least, entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    but as a premier for a new season, it was a bit weak.
    Huh?

I don't understand how it was weak.

The episode has stated that the league is three months away, has re-introduced an older character for the first time since BW001 (since TR vs TP hasn't aired), and informed us/the character's of the World Tournament which will be an arc very soon.

This started a whole bunch of new things.

This episode was ok... Giga Impact's new animation looks better than the old way that they did it. I like how Garchomp stopped its attack before really hurting Axew. Garchomp vs Axew was ok, with Axew surprisingly able to put a dent on Garchomp.

50/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_Arcanine View Post
    Cynthia's always been a good judge of character. Knowing Iris travels with Ash would show to her easily that Iris is nothing like Paul at all.
    If Cynthia is such a good judge of character, then why does she think Paul is a great trainer?

Sorry, couldn't resist. And yeah, Axew even getting close to Garchomp was just preposterous. Good writing and consistency, what's that?
    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I AM THE #1 PAUL HATER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. DEAL WITH IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_Arcanine View Post
    Cynthia's always been a good judge of character. Knowing Iris travels with Ash would show to her easily that Iris is nothing like Paul at all. Also with Cynthia having a fully evolved dragon type in Garchomp, she sees in Axew what might've been her Gible when she first captured (if that was the case, same feelings go for Garchomp.) It wasn't going to be an official battle, but Axew would've got a lot of confidence in it, which ended with Axew learning giga impact.
    I don't care about that. I care about how far'fetched the battle was all together. But you think whatever you want.

My ideal battle ever!

I don't care about that. I care about how far'fetched the battle was all together. But you think whatever you want.
    You don't care about the most logical explanation?

I don't know what's wrong with this fandom. They make opinion on things without even thinking them through.

Because the explanation was not logical at all. Cynthia's Garchomp is an unstoppable juggernaut not even Paul was able to put a dent on. Iris' Axew is a weak little dragon that lost to a newborn Pokemon.

The logical explanation is just that the writers didn't care about that and had Axew getting a hit in to hype him and Iris. That's all.
    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyTwo View Post
    Cynthia's Garchomp is an unstoppable juggernaut not even Paul was able to put a dent on. Iris' Axew is a weak little dragon that lost to a newborn Pokemon.
    Like I said, different characters, different situations.

Cynthia was never willing to defeat Iris and Iris never wanted to defeat Cynthia, she wasn't Paul, she knew she had no chance against her. It was a simple training battle which is, apparently, an unimaginable situation for some of you. That's all there is to it.

Iris haters just like finding excuses to hate her some more, that's all.

Cynthia is the same she was in DP.

Come on now. Shirona has nothing to gain from crushing a girl that clearly idolizes her, you don't have to be a genius to know she was going easy on Kibago. It was for Dragon Master reasons as stated by Iris.

I don't hate Iris, but I do feel that the writers are handing out powerups to her and Axew, without the need for her to actually work hard for those improvements.
    I know it's a simple training match, and I know Cynthia is the same she was in DP. That's exactly why I think it's absurd that Axew was able to as much as cause Garchomp to move. Axew lost to a newborn Scraggy - it's like if, in Dragon Ball Z, Yamcha was suddenly able to punch Cell in the face.
    Again, I don't hate Iris, I hate this anime's weak writing.

You don't care about the most logical explanation?

I don't know what's wrong with this fandom. They make opinion on things without even thinking them through.
    I'm not a fandom. I'm a person who just didn't enjoy the match between a little Axew verse a champion's Garchomp that we've seen battle stronger opponents before. That's what ticks me off. But believe me, I am thinking things through. I'm thinking about how messed up alot of the battles are in this series.

My ideal battle ever!

Finished watching the episode, it wasn't difficult to tell what was happening based on the pictures though so nothing really came out of watching it in terms of new info, but it was still enjoyable for me.

I like Cynthia's ice cream scenes, getting all serious then reveals it's just ice cream related.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Meloetta's song is absolutely beautiful. I want that on my iPod.

Why was Iris allowed to challenge Cynthia? Seems unfair to me. She should've waited for the league.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast