Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lavender town theme

Not at all; I like it even though it sounds sad.
    フェージングのエコー

It didn't necessarily freak me out. It's more like it made me sad. That's why I usually turned the sound off whenever I had to visit Lavender Town. But I've grown to like it recently.

I really like the theme, but i was listening to it at school and i put the volume on max. One of my friends got such a shock leaving the room he forgot to open the door of the classroom!!

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I will come out in the open with the gospel truth. When I was 10 playing Lavendar Town's theme not only freaked me out, but it made me cry, but I still manage to get through the rest of the town.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Yeah, the music was saddening but I still got through.

Hello. I am resceaching about ''Creepypastas'' and this is one of them.. this theme did not freak me out when i was a kid.. but it give me a headics.. because the ''theme'' was high pitched that caus headics. thats why there was a.. lets say.. huge trauma in japan, and also there is hidin message.. if you have right program you can see ''Ghost and Unknow's'' and they spell ''Leave now''.. there is hidin message that i dont understand yet.. was that the part that drives kid a nuts?

It kinda scared me. I was listening to the Red/Green original version and it immediately gave me a headache the other day.mso I don't really like it.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2q0q5ja.png[/IMG] is my favorite Pokémon along with .
    Looking for a in SoulSilver.
    Currently experimenting with in Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by destinydude000 View Post
    Yeah!
    I've also read that the original song made japanese Children commit suicide, because of the high frequency of the song!!!
    Creeeeeeeepy!!!
    That's a made-up Creepypasta story. It's fake.

Anyway, it is a little creepy due to the high-pitch, and have given me a headache when I first listened to it. After that I didn't mind it as much as I used to.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

its been 14 years and I can still hear the tune but yeah it creeped the hell out of me at 1st because all the other songs are so happy and catchy then you come across that slow paced tune however yeah I love that tune surprised someone hasn't sampled it yet tbh however the FR/LG tunes was no where near as good as the R/B/Y lavender tunes

Thanks to PokemonRoss ^^

Currently Playing X

3DS FC. 3050-7559-6011

The music did scare me that is why in yellow before I fly to Lavender Town I turn the volume off and get outta there as soon as possible.

Everybody please calm down, it is creepy, I give it that, but... most of those rumors aren't true. No, children did not actually commit suicide, they just threw up and had earaches, because they had there volumes up and were listening threw earphones, but I admit, I was almost in tears from being creeped out with Red/Blue. But the rumors aren't true, its just freaking creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazadar View Post
    Hello. I am resceaching about ''Creepypastas'' and this is one of them.. this theme did not freak me out when i was a kid.. but it give me a headics.. because the ''theme'' was high pitched that caus headics. thats why there was a.. lets say.. huge trauma in japan, and also there is hidin message.. if you have right program you can see ''Ghost and Unknow's'' and they spell ''Leave now''.. there is hidin message that i dont understand yet.. was that the part that drives kid a nuts?
    Nope. what happened was:

The "producer" of the game put a message in, that happened with 104 copies in the game: A message would come up, like: "Come, follow me, follow me, my wife, my children, all gone" and whatever, and most of the kids committed suicide, with either shoving their entire arms down their troats, or sticking their heads in an oven, or sawing off their limbs.

Of course, it's a creepypasta. Fake.

"Go ahead, run. I'll give you a five minute head start."
    Tumblr||Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Anarchy_17 View Post
    Nope. what happened was:

The "producer" of the game put a message in, that happened with 104 copies in the game: A message would come up, like: "Come, follow me, follow me, my wife, my children, all gone" and whatever, and most of the kids committed suicide, with either shoving their entire arms down their troats, or sticking their heads in an oven, or sawing off their limbs.

Of course, it's a creepypasta. Fake.

That's one version. I have heard that quite simply there was a tone in the original Japanese Red/Green composition that was at a high frequency that caused headaches among many Japanese children. It might have even been a case where it was high enough that older people couldn't hear it, it was so high. They removed that part of the music for the American versions however.

Thats the more realistic version of the "Lavender Town Syndrome" that I heard...

The music still creeped me out now... Especially when I turned full volume on a YouTube video showing glitch city laws

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I found the original Lavender town theme to be really calming.
    I just find it kind of sad that it was given such a bad rep (for what ever reason).
    Send me a message if you want to play something with me (b^_^)b
    Pokémon BR: 4941-3516-656
    Pokémon Diamond: 1591-3923-4365
    Pokémon SoulSilver: 0002-6003-9306
    Pokémon White: 3009-7740-8948
        Spoiler:- Other Info:

Anyone talking about LTS. There's a billion versions. and theyre all fake. If you search it on youtube. People tend to edit the sound to make it more uneasy, as well as pictures. If there was any sort of death/injury from it gamefreak would have announced something, and nothing was said of this until 2010.

Personally i found it slightly creepy thats for sure. But you grow to like it eventually. I whistle it all the time.

No. Songs never creep me out, like ever.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

It never creeped me out and I actually quite like the song. I am not even sure why anyone would be scared of a tune in Pokemon, especially since this whole Lavender Town Syndrome thing is just a big hoax
    Friend Codes:

HeartGold: 0218 7650 9884 White:5157 9938 2000
    White 2 (Japanese Version): 5286 8510 6691

Never, and it plays sometimes in my head and I'm not dead.

Credit to FairyWitch for the banner.

I will not stand for this.
    I was a counting veteran, and my battlefield was nuked.
    We shall rebuild it, even if we have to drag it many miles just to do so.
    It was all for nothing.
    2DS Friend Code: 4012-5090-3224
    VM me if you add me.

Honestly, the music that plays in Pokemon Tower is the one that gives me the creeps. The town itself is mostly just catchy.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

When I was a kid I didn't really realize the theme was that scary. I knew it was supposed to be scary with all the death and stuff surrounding the town but as a kid I didn't really think of it and just played the game. I didn't get that freaked out until I started reading and listening to creepy pastas and those type of things.

Yes it did. And I L-O-V-E-D it.

I downloaded it on my phone, and tricked my friends into thinking it would make you commit suicide. Only one really took it seriously, and it's funny to watch him run away with his fingers in his ears every time I play it.
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

^Mean.

Nah, the music and the atmosphere didn't scare me.
    I had to playthrough the game to begin with.

Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Nope, I never understood why people got creeped out by it. I always loved it as a kid and thought it was so cool. I still love it.
    ACCOUNT NO LONGER ACTIVE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast