Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1638

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That's debatable.
    Very true.

I'm thinking they should break away from certain themes and make more variations available. Other than the example I just mentioned, things like trainer battles as well. I am aware the encounter themes differ, but a unique battle theme for ea. type of trainer would be pretty cool.

I think it'd be great to have wild Pokemon battles play the battle theme from whatever region that Pokemon was from. It'd be interesting.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think it'd be great to have wild Pokemon battles play the battle theme from whatever region that Pokemon was from. It'd be interesting.
    Especially since we have a bunch of nice remixes that came w/ the PWT. It would be nice to see what they did w/ the battle themes for wild Pokemon and Trainers

I didn't know Meloetta had a theme/battle theme/whatever until I downloaded the 'official soundtrack' of Black 2 and White 2. It sounds really great. I didn't found it on youtube to link here, unfortunately. There is a version from BW, though, but the one I have here sounds a bit different (and better).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I didn't know Meloetta had a theme/battle theme/whatever until I downloaded the 'official soundtrack' of Black 2 and White 2. It sounds really great. I didn't found it on youtube to link here, unfortunately. There is a version from BW, though, but the one I have here sounds a bit different (and better).
    Buy it, don't pirate it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Buy it, don't pirate it.
    Why don't you comment about the music instead? And no, thanks. :]

They don't sell it where I live, btw.

It's the event theme for Maloetta. You go to Castelia City and talk to a guy w/ a guitar in Café Sonata and he plays it.

It's very soothing and mischievous @ the same time. It sounds a lot like N's encounter theme. I liked it though.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    It's the event theme for Maloetta. You go to Castelia City and talk to a guy w/ a guitar in Café Sonata and he plays it.

It's very soothing and mischievous @ the same time. It sounds a lot like N's encounter theme. I liked it though.
    Oh okay, I didn't really do its event. :/
    Yeah, I agree. The song fits both forms of Meloetta, the soothing melody goes well with its Normal/Psychic singer form and the techno sounds fitting its Normal/Fighting dancer one.

It would be nice if Meloetta was battle-able in the game with the said theme playing on its battle.

Oh okay, I didn't really do its event. :/
    Yeah, I agree. The song fits both forms of Meloetta, the soothing melody goes well with its Normal/Psychic singer form and the techno sounds fitting its Normal/Fighting dancer one.

It would be nice if Meloetta was battle-able in the game with the said theme playing on its battle.
    I'm pretty sure it's not released anywhere so that's a good thing ^^

A battle w/ that song would be...different to say the least

Why don't you comment about the music instead? And no, thanks. :]
    Because I want to support the artists of the music by encouraging people to give them money.

They don't sell it where I live, btw
    They don't sell it where I live, either. That's what the internet is for, you can order things to where you live. You really should look into it, the package is totally worth it.

I've always wondered what the CD booklet would look like for a Pokemon OST CD. I've never seen one.

I've always wondered what the CD booklet would look like for a Pokemon OST CD. I've never seen one.
    They always start out with pictures and some words from the sound team, and then they go through with a bunch of screenshots from different points in the game.

VGMdb has scans of all of them if you want to have a look. Here's the page for Black 2 and White 2. http://vgmdb.net/album/33367

They always start out with pictures and some words from the sound team, and then they go through with a bunch of screenshots from different points in the game.

VGMdb has scans of all of them if you want to have a look. Here's the page for Black 2 and White 2. http://vgmdb.net/album/33367
    That is pretty slick looking. The cover is a little bland though

That is pretty slick looking. The cover is a little bland though
    I think they look pretty neat. Every set has the two cover legendaries, one on the front and one on the back. The exception being the OST for R/G since they didn't have cover legendaries. That one features the evolutionary lines of Venusaur and Charizard, with Blastoise inside the case.

I think they look pretty neat. Every set has the two cover legendaries, one on the front and one on the back. The exception being the OST for R/G since they didn't have cover legendaries. That one features the evolutionary lines of Venusaur and Charizard, with Blastoise inside the case.
    Well also I think a bland cover/booklet forces you to listen to the music and not be distracted while looking @ something elaborate. And since all of the music on the ost is great imo, I'd hate for someone to miss anything ^^

The music for Black Tower is really starting to grate on me. It was fine for about the first three areas or so but I'm at area 7 now and I'm actually putting the DS on mute except for when I'm in a battle. Which is something which I've never, ever done before with a Pokemon game.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    The music for Black Tower is really starting to grate on me. It was fine for about the first three areas or so but I'm at area 7 now and I'm actually putting the DS on mute except for when I'm in a battle. Which is something which I've never, ever done before with a Pokemon game.
    I would blame it on it's high pitch and fast pace.

I enjoy its' fusion jazz feel though

I would blame it on it's high pitch and fast pace.

I enjoy its' fusion jazz feel though
    The 'feel' of fusion jazz isn't enough, in my opinion. If they did do a totally jazzy piece but retain the tune then it would have been marginally more interesting than the generic techno track they have in place.

The 'feel' of fusion jazz isn't enough, in my opinion. If they did do a totally jazzy piece but retain the tune then it would have been marginally more interesting than the generic techno track they have in place.
    It wasn't really techno, it's just a style of jazz that is really an acquired taste. I appreciate their vastness in musical knowledge and how they use it though.

It wasn't really techno, it's just a style of jazz that is really an acquired taste. I appreciate their vastness in musical knowledge and how they use it though.
    It's just a shame all of the appreciation for the different genres doesn't extend to Village Bridge.

I like the music in Black City, but I do agree that it's rather techno. I can see how it would get on someone's nerves after a while. White Treehollow's music is much better, in my opinion - it's soothing, but it has a thick texture and isn't too quiet.

It's just a shame all of the appreciation for the different genres doesn't extend to Village Bridge.
    Do you mean as far as people liking Village Bridge's theme?

If so, personally, I am a fan of it.

I am as well, it's a very neat departure from the typical Pokemon tune.

I am as well, it's a very neat departure from the typical Pokemon tune.
    The uprising of Pokemon tunes w/ vocals has made me happy a little bit. It's a good stride in Pokemon music that they will hopefully continue to develop.

As far as Village Bridge goes, the layering of the music as you talk to the musicians is probably my favorite aspect of it.

Yeah, I don't get why village bridge isn't more popular either. I love it when all the parts join in, and it makes it a personal favourite of mine.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast