Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1638

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    Yeah, I don't get why village bridge isn't more popular either. I love it when all the parts join in, and it makes it a personal favourite of mine.
    It's so peaceful. I think this song will have a good nostalgic value in the future

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    It's so peaceful. I think this song will have a good nostalgic value in the future
    I'm with you there. It's definitely something I'll look back fondly on, both as a good song and as a departure from the norm that's done right.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm with you there. It's definitely something I'll look back fondly on, both as a good song and as a departure from the norm that's done right.
    Speaking of departing from the norm, what do you think the music in BW2 was missing and/or what do you think they could have added more of to differentiate it from BW1's music?

Speaking of departing from the norm, what do you think the music in BW2 was missing and/or what do you think they could have added more of to differentiate it from BW1's music?
    These are always difficult questions to answer since the music in B/W2 is quite good as it is anyway, but I would have liked some of the pre-existing tracks in the game to received some sort of upgrade or something, or some sort of musical twist to their first appearance. Having said that, there seems to be an overall lack of new tracks to truly set it apart from the first games. Not new locations, new tracks.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    These are always difficult questions to answer since the music in B/W2 is quite good as it is anyway, but I would have liked some of the pre-existing tracks in the game to received some sort of upgrade or something, or some sort of musical twist to their first appearance. Having said that, there seems to be an overall lack of new tracks to truly set it apart from the first games. Not new locations, new tracks.
    I could agree with this. I would have liked to seen some modifications to the tracks of BW1 in BW2. Even remixed versions

I'm not sure if this has been said, but the PWT's 3rd round sounds like something that would be in a Kirby or a Smash Bros game. Not saying it's bad or anything (I think Kirby is awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by Espeondude View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been said, but the PWT's 3rd round sounds like something that would be in a Kirby or a Smash Bros game. Not saying it's bad or anything (I think Kirby is awesome).
    I never thought about this or noticed it. I absolutely agree ^^

It definitely has the same elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeondude View Post
    Kirby was the first thing that popped in to my mind when I first heard it!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Hey there! Does anybody of you know what tracks they used in the animated trailer of B2W2? Those rock tracks are pretty awesome! please PM me! thanks a ton

Quote Originally Posted by Kyajin View Post
    Hey there! Does anybody of you know what tracks they used in the animated trailer of B2W2? Those rock tracks are pretty awesome! please PM me! thanks a ton
    The track that plays from the first title to Rosa's battle is a portion of the Rival Battle theme and the track that plays from Elesa's gym to the Shadow Trio is Colress' battle theme. I'm not sure about the music that plays during Rosa's battle but I'm pretty sure that the music which plays in the very beginning and end is somewhat of an original piece. Take note that all of the music in the trailer are remixes though and they don't actually appear in the game.

EDIT: Colress' theme is only played up until the dialogue starts on the Plasma ship. The music from the Serviper/Arcanine battle to the Shadow Trio is the Team Plasma Battle theme. My mistake.
    Last edited by Poetry; 29th November 2012 at 7:40 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

The track that plays from the first title to Rosa's battle is a portion of the Rival Battle theme and the track that plays from Elesa's gym to the Shadow Trio is Colress' battle theme. I'm not sure about the music that plays during Rosa's battle but I'm pretty sure that the music which plays in the very beginning and end is somewhat of an original piece. Take note that all of the music in the trailer are remixes though and they don't actually appear in the game.
    thanks for replying! Okay, do the producers normaly add the remix also in the OST or some other albums? or are they just available at the trailer itself for ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyajin View Post
    thanks for replying! Okay, do the producers normaly add the remix also in the OST or some other albums? or are they just available at the trailer itself for ever?
    I imagine if it is part of the trailer and not within the game, they will not add it to the OST

Having glanced over the OST tracklist, I can pretty much say that it isn't there. It's actually quite a shame though because I think the rock style is most certainly something which they could experiment with in future generations. Techno is all well and good, but how about some techno-rock fusions, or maybe classical-rock fusions as heard in the trailer?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Having glanced over the OST tracklist, I can pretty much say that it isn't there. It's actually quite a shame though because I think the rock style is most certainly something which they could experiment with in future generations. Techno is all well and good, but how about some techno-rock fusions, or maybe classical-rock fusions as heard in the trailer?
    Although it would be nice to have in games, I think the quality would be too high for the standard DS.

And it wasn't in the game so I'm not surprised it isn't on the OST nor am I upset about it.

Although it would be nice to have in games, I think the quality would be too high for the standard DS.

And it wasn't in the game so I'm not surprised it isn't on the OST nor am I upset about it.
    Well, seeing as they managed to somehow format some really high quality tracks into the games like the new Title theme and some of the vocal tracks, rock music isn't a massively huge impossibility.

It is a bit of an acquired taste though, and I can understand as to why some people will dislike that style of music in Pokemon. Also I must admit that there are plenty of tracks in the game which use electric guitar, drums, bass, etc, so until GF see it fit to release Gen VI and its new style of music, I'm fine with waiting.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Yeah there's no issue getting any type of music onto any consoles now, they can all handle it just fine. If next generation goes in a rock direction I will be very, very happy.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yeah there's no issue getting any type of music onto any consoles now, they can all handle it just fine. If next generation goes in a rock direction I will be very, very happy.
    If that's the case, I'd still be impartial. Though I like the format the music in now, change wouldn't hurt either.

Is this one of those unreleased tracks? .-....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdr41...ure=plpp_video

and is this a remix that was never used? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANnJK...ure=plpp_video

I was looking through the sound track and, those seem to be the only ones I couldn't remember ever being in there...(That lilycove one is certainly not the original. lol)

If I'm late or something, excuse me...lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Is this one of those unreleased tracks? .-....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdr41...ure=plpp_video

and is this a remix that was never used? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANnJK...ure=plpp_video

I was looking through the sound track and, those seem to be the only ones I couldn't remember ever being in there...(That lilycove one is certainly not the original. lol)

I don't recall either being in the game. I do like the Lilycove one though. It's a bit festive

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post

Both are from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. They play when you interact with the music box and the radio which are purchasable in the villa you are given in the Resort Area.
    The reason why they're in the B/W2 soundtrack is because the final disc is devoted to tracks which were in previous games but were never released on OSTs. I guess Game Freak put these on here as little extras. I'm glad they did this, I've always been fond of that Lilycove remix.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Both are from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. They play when you interact with the music box and the radio which are purchasable in the villa you are given in the Resort Area.
    The reason why they're in the B/W2 soundtrack is because the final disc is devoted to tracks which were in previous games but were never released on OSTs. I guess Game Freak put these on here as little extras. I'm glad they did this, I've always been fond of that Lilycove remix.
    Speaking of that music box, BW/BW2 should of brought that back.

Speaking of that music box, BW/BW2 should of brought that back.
    In what context, exactly?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

In what context, exactly?
    We've actually discussed it a billion times in here ^^

Just something to listen to music from the game on while you're in-game

We've actually discussed it a billion times in here ^^

Just something to listen to music from the game on while you're in-game
    We have? Oh. Well I seem to have forgotten. Doesn't the NPC who plays you the Route 10 theme count as a theoretical "music box" though, as you can return to hear the track on request as many times a you like (providing that it's winter)?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

We have? Oh. Well I seem to have forgotten. Doesn't the NPC who plays you the Route 10 theme count as a theoretical "music box" though, as you can return to hear the track on request as many times a you like (providing that it's winter)?
    The idea that everyone wanted executed though was a music box that had all the tracks from the game available.

Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast