Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1638

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The idea that everyone wanted executed though was a music box that had all the tracks from the game available.
    *headdesk* That! Yes, of course we've discussed that, haven't we? God, I really am an idiot.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

The champion theme; why do I think it would sound good if it got a J-pop remix?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    You have just brought up a very good idea... That would be pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    *headdesk* That! Yes, of course we've discussed that, haven't we? God, I really am an idiot.
    It happens to the best of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I'd listen to that.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

imo, Pokemon music always sounds good remixed to me. I have not heard a bad remix yet. I don't know why that is though. There's just something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    imo, Pokemon music always sounds good remixed to me. I have not heard a bad remix yet. I don't know why that is though. There's just something about it.
    Maybe you've just always listened to remixes by talented arrangers.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Maybe you've just always listened to remixes by talented arrangers.
    I suppose. But there's something about the game music itself that makes it very mold-able(?) Just the tones and composition of it. It's great

I'm actually really disappointed in the music so far, but the game is AMAZING. I love it! Now, don't get me wrong, I still love some music! *Note how I just got the game*

Quote Originally Posted by ashs pikachu View Post
    I'm actually really disappointed in the music so far, but the game is AMAZING. I love it! Now, don't get me wrong, I still love some music! *Note how I just got the game*
    Really? That's a shame... Well, if you've played Black and White there's a secret track that a special NPC gives off in Icirrus City (Winter only)
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by ashs pikachu View Post
    It grows on you. But this is the 1st negative thing I've heard about the music.

It's not for everyone, but I hope you grow to like it ^^

I can definitely understand how someone wouldn't like it, I think the music has definitely started going in a different direction. Not doubt due to Masuda and Ichinose having reduced roles when it comes to composition and arrangement.

I really love those pokemon soundtrack because they are a relaxation music to me. So that I convert them to an mp3 format then I copy them to my music player.

I can definitely understand how someone wouldn't like it, I think the music has definitely started going in a different direction. Not doubt due to Masuda and Ichinose having reduced roles when it comes to composition and arrangement.
    I think more arrangement than composition. The melodies are still classic Pokemon-esque tunes but the instrumentation is what sets the game apart from the others.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Well, musical arrangement plays a huge factor in keeping the nostalgic feeling of classic Pokemon music. Surely if you listen carefully to the melodies there is still that classic Pokemon tune into it. But the tunes are no longer as catchy as it used to be. Keyword, "catchy".

I can still hum to most of the tunes from Gen 1-3. Gen 4 and 5 have memorable tunes too, but it's not as catchy and are not easy to hum along.

One good example is HGSS. Even if the songs are completely rearranged and given full instrumentation, you can still follow along the city and route themes, because the main melodies are simpler and more catchy compared to those of Gen 4 and 5.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I think more arrangement than composition. The melodies are still classic Pokemon-esque tunes but the instrumentation is what sets the game apart from the others.
    They are still Pokemon-esque, but I still think you can tell that it's different people doing most of the composing now. They're still aiming to follow the same direction, but different people will always have different ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Well, musical arrangement plays a huge factor in keeping the nostalgic feeling of classic Pokemon music. Surely if you listen carefully to the melodies there is still that classic Pokemon tune into it. But the tunes are no longer as catchy as it used to be. Keyword, "catchy".

I can still hum to most of the tunes from Gen 1-3. Gen 4 and 5 have memorable tunes too, but it's not as catchy and are not easy to hum along.

One good example is HGSS. Even if the songs are completely rearranged and given full instrumentation, you can still follow along the city and route themes, because the main melodies are simpler and more catchy compared to those of Gen 4 and 5.
    You've summed it up pretty well, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

You raise an interesting point with the 'catchiness' of the music from generations (if that's a word). Surely this is all just a matter of opinion, as it is an individual's musical preference which really determines the overall catchiness of a tune, I've found.

Even so, it could just be that some songs just don't have that 'spark' which makes you want to return to it again and again. I often find that I get somewhat of an 'itch' in my brain where I whistle a song all day and I can only get rid of my 'itch' by properly listening to the song again. But is it catchiness or just musical desire?

Anyway, that aside, I disagree with you on Gens IV and V not being as catchy and easy to hum along as the previous three. I actually think that some of the catchiest tunes in the series come from those games; I can rarely play my copy of Platinum without finding myself whistling the tune to Eterna City or Cynthia's Theme or Route 201 ten minutes later. The same goes to B/W, with Skyarrow Bridge, Iccirus City, Route 3, Lacunosa Town, etc being the most common.

I dunno, maybe it does boil down to personal preference. When playing HG/SS, I notice that the music is very very good, (although sometimes this is only when I activate the GB Player - when surfing is one example) but it just doesn't... get to me like some other game's soundtracks do. The catchiest tune in that game for me off the top of my head id Goldenrod, and even that is just... a good piece of music, nothing more.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I find that remixes put into the official soundtrack are able to capture the mood of wherever it plays, no matter how good or bad the remixed song itself may be. For example, I very much dislike Cynthia's PWT theme, but it still fits the mood of an epic battle against a regional champion.

Some remixes by YouTube users, on the other hand, fail to correctly capture the entirety of the mood of wherever they play. Sometimes the instrument choice is just bad; sometimes, it's the melody or beat of the remix that doesn't fit in somehow. These remixes are still good, for the most part, but their anachorism definitely makes me like them less than I otherwise would have.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I find that remixes put into the official soundtrack are able to capture the mood of wherever it plays, no matter how good or bad the remixed song itself may be. For example, I very much dislike Cynthia's PWT theme, but it still fits the mood of an epic battle against a regional champion.

Some remixes by YouTube users, on the other hand, fail to correctly capture the entirety of the mood of wherever they play. Sometimes the instrument choice is just bad; sometimes, it's the melody or beat of the remix that doesn't fit in somehow. These remixes are still good, for the most part, but their anachorism definitely makes me like them less than I otherwise would have.
    I tend to avoid common YouTube remixes. Maybe it's just me but the fact that they're fan-made remixes of the music which I'm incredibly fond of irritates me slightly, especially when they mangle the music to such an extent that the entire mood and feeling of the original is lost. Maybe I'm being a bit of a snob but I can only really handle music of a... certain quality; such as this, one of the few remixes I've encountered on YouTube which I can tolerate.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I tend to avoid common YouTube remixes. Maybe it's just me but the fact that they're fan-made remixes of the music which I'm incredibly fond of irritates me slightly, especially when they mangle the music to such an extent that the entire mood and feeling of the original is lost. Maybe I'm being a bit of a snob but I can only really handle music of a... certain quality; such as this, one of the few remixes I've encountered on YouTube which I can tolerate.
    I usually don't like YouTube remixes that involve a drastic change in instruments. For example, a techno remix of Aspertia City is, simply put, disliked by me.

If they can pull it off and I manage to like it, sure, but otherwise, eh...

I usually don't like YouTube remixes that involve a drastic change in instruments. For example, a techno remix of Aspertia City is, simply put, disliked by me.

If they can pull it off and I manage to like it, sure, but otherwise, eh...
    Yeah, I get what you mean. Remixes are rarely beneficial to one's listening experience anyway in my personal opinion. There is a certain novelty factor from hearing a re-interpretation of a familiar tune, but apart from that... I'll just stick to the original.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Yeah, I get what you mean. Remixes are rarely beneficial to one's listening experience anyway in my personal opinion. There is a certain novelty factor from hearing a re-interpretation of a familiar tune, but apart from that... I'll just stick to the original.
    To each their own, I guess. I think it's just fun to hear other peoples' interpretation of instruments used in a song, as long as they don't completely butcher it.

You guys should check out OverClocked ReMix's Pokemon: The Missingno. Tracks for how to do remixes right, really good album and completely free.

http://missingno.ocremix.org/

You guys should check out OverClocked ReMix's Pokemon: The Missingno. Tracks for how to do remixes right, really good album and completely free.
    Oh yeah, OC Remix has great remixes. OverClocked has many examples of remixes that are done right. (:

Oh yeah, OC Remix has great remixes. OverClocked has many examples of remixes that are done right. (:
    OCR occupies a very large portion of my music collection, they're just fantastic.

OCR occupies a very large portion of my music collection, they're just fantastic.
    I try not to listen to remixes of just one or two people or groups of people. If I do, I'll start to think that the remixes are the official soundtracks, and that'd be bad. o:

Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast