Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1638

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfreeze View Post
    I`ve had friends that have played games for the concept, if they didn`t like the music, they`d just turn off the and continue to play, which surprises me, I can`t do that, if I don`t like the music, I don`t play the game.
    See, and that's an error on your part. You're discrediting a game because on component is bad. Their approach is better. Music is important to a game, but you can also live without it, some games have no music at all.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So anyway, what do you guys think of the variable scoring with certain tracks in the game (Anville Town, Opelucid City, etc.)?

I think they're pretty good. Although it kind of sucks that you have to be in one particular place in the area in order to listen to them. The player should be able to toggle whether or not they want to listen to the scoring in the Options menu or something. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    So anyway, what do you guys think of the variable scoring with certain tracks in the game (Anville Town, Opelucid City, etc.)?

I think they're pretty good. Although it kind of sucks that you have to be in one particular place in the area in order to listen to them. The player should be able to toggle whether or not they want to listen to the scoring in the Options menu or something. (:
    I like that the way it is, myself. It's sort of meant to be more immersive I imagine. Gives a sort of real world feel. As you get closer to whatever it is that's making the extra music it'll get louder. It's a very nice touch.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I agree with Hydrohs. I like it as it is, although it's a bit disappointing at times because you need to be beside the person to hear that specific instrument wherein you need to be on a different area within the same city.

One more thing I find a bit disappointing are the Route music. You need to be constantly moving in order to hear the additional instruments.

I kinda wished it was similar to Accumula wherein you just need to talk to that person and the instrument volume stays the same wherever you are in the town.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I agree with Hydrohs. I like it as it is, although it's a bit disappointing at times because you need to be beside the person to hear that specific instrument wherein you need to be on a different area within the same city.
    Yeah, I don't always want to be beside the flautist when I'm in Opelucid City if I want to hear the flute or whatever play. If I wanted to listen to it for the intention of listening to it, I'd go on YouTube, but in Opelucid City I have other things to be doing, such as healing my Pokémon or going to the gym.

One more thing I find a bit disappointing are the Route music. You need to be constantly moving in order to hear the additional instruments.
    This is quite small, but it would've been nice if the added percussion played and stayed on after you beat the Pokémon League. It would still play when moving around in the route, but it would only keep playing while staying still if you've beaten the Pokémon League.

I kinda wished it was similar to Accumula wherein you just need to talk to that person and the instrument volume stays the same wherever you are in the town.
    Accumula would've been better if the instruments stayed even after leaving the city. But I guess adding variable scoring in of itself is one step forward, huh? (:

I liked most of them, and I especially liked the ones that could be toggled like Accumula Town and Village Bridge (thank Arceus the awful singing in Village Bridge can be toggled).

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I find that annoying for another reason, when I'm hunting for Audinos (which I've been doing recently since I'm going on an evolving spree), the additional drum beat gets really annoying, and sometimes I mistake it for the sound Shaking Grass makes. I'd rather it be something that doesn't variably switch on and off based on your movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I liked most of them, and I especially liked the ones that could be toggled like Accumula Town and Village Bridge (thank Arceus the awful singing in Village Bridge can be toggled).
    In my opinion, they should've made all variable scoring able to be toggled on and off to start with. But again, one step at a time, I guess.

I find that annoying for another reason, when I'm hunting for Audinos (which I've been doing recently since I'm going on an evolving spree), the additional drum beat gets really annoying, and sometimes I mistake it for the sound Shaking Grass makes. I'd rather it be something that doesn't variably switch on and off based on your movement.
    Wow... I thought everybody actually looked at each individual grass tile to see whether or not it was shaking to find Audino like that. I thought wrong! o:

I think it's interesting that through variable scoring, Game Freak are acknowledging the existence of background music in-game for the first time in the series. Even in other games, background music isn't something usually talked about or mentioned as part of the gameplay experience, it's always been an exterior component of the experience, like the controls or something similar. I'm not particularly sure if it fully counts as breaking the fourth wall but it's still an interesting little addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I think it's interesting that through variable scoring, Game Freak are acknowledging the existence of background music in-game for the first time in the series. Even in other games, background music isn't something usually talked about or mentioned as part of the gameplay experience, it's always been an exterior component of the experience, like the controls or something similar. I'm not particularly sure if it fully counts as breaking the fourth wall but it's still an interesting little addition.
    Do you think it's a step in the right direction as far as Pokémon music goes, though? (:

It's the little things, after all, that are often cited in video games. "I remember Pokémon Black 2... it was the first game I played where there was variable scoring in its music!" is a prime example.

Do you think it's a step in the right direction as far as Pokémon music goes, though? (:

It's the little things, after all, that are often cited in video games. "I remember Pokémon Black 2... it was the first game I played where there was variable scoring in its music!" is a prime example.
    Hmm... well, it's certainly something which takes the music in the games one step further from just simply being something to listen to idly in the background while you're travelling/battling, and I think anything which takes the music of games into the realms of actually being part of the gaming experience is a good thing.

It's a bit like our earlier conversation on how the music of Pokemon will evolve. Perhaps the next step will be a Zelda-esque introduction to the player making music using an in-game instrument. Sounds really unlikely (and rubbish), but you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    It's a bit like our earlier conversation on how the music of Pokemon will evolve. Perhaps the next step will be a Zelda-esque introduction to the player making music using an in-game instrument. Sounds really unlikely (and rubbish), but you know...
    You know... that could be an in-game sidequest... you talk to NPC's or battle a bunch of trainers or do something, and you unlock the ability to play an instrument and add variable scoring to pretty much any tune you want in the game. (:

Wow... I thought everybody actually looked at each individual grass tile to see whether or not it was shaking to find Audino like that. I thought wrong! o:
    I just walk around and wait for it to show up. I use both my eyes and ears to help me find them, and when the background music throws me off like that, it's really annoying.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Which routes are we talking? I've never mistaken the BGM for rustling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The only route I really found that to be true for was Route 1. I don't know why, though.

And it's coincidentally the route where I find the most Audino on, too. o:

The only route I really found that to be true for was Route 1. I don't know why, though.

And it's coincidentally the route where I find the most Audino on, too. o:
    Ah. Never done any Audino hunting there so that may explain why I've never had the issue.

Ah. Never done any Audino hunting there so that may explain why I've never had the issue.
    You should. It's one of the best places to hunt for them, since shaking spots can only appear on a tile that's on your screen. Just keep going back and forth at the very bottom of the route, between the grass and the entrance to Nuvema Town. (:

I liked the music a lot, compared to other generations. All of them were catchy and well-arranged. But i've heard the Skyarrow Bridge and Bicycle song so many times that I hate it!

Also, I enjoy the personalized Gym music. That was a nice touch.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

I was referring to Rt. 13 in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I was referring to Rt. 13 in particular.
    Now that I'm running around on that route, I know what you mean. I don't go Audino-hunting there, though.

It's the percussion that coincide with the rustling grass noise. :/

I don't go Audino-hunting there, though.
    Well I'm playing BW1 right now, so Rt. 13 makes more sense in that game.

I saved my game at the house in Iccirus City. Sometimes I open my game listen to the amazing Route 10 music. I don't want to leave that house, since it's spring now

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    I saved my game at the house in Iccirus City. Sometimes I open my game listen to the amazing Route 10 music. I don't want to leave that house, since it's spring now
    You could just change the time on your DS back to December.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    You could just change the time on your DS back to December.
    That would kill the "meaning".

I love virbank city's theme and aspertia city. Both get stuck in my head often, especially at school!
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    I never understood all the hype around Route 10's music to be honest. I thought it was decent when I first played B/W, but it got old fast in my opinion, which is why I didn't even bother going to that special house in B2/W2 where you can hear the music. I much prefer the new themes anyway, like Virbank City's. My latest obsession is Floccesy Town's music; it's like the perfect mix of sad music and upbeat music. It just sounds surreal.

Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566 LastLast