Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1638

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

  1. #251
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,201

    Default

    One thing I'm disappointed is Alder's Battle theme. They should've given him a remixed version for PWT at least. Or an altered version for Banjirou.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  2. #252
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,312

    Default

    Just wondering, will the english version of the game keep roxie's theme in? dogars is obviously the japanese name for koffing and it obviously won't work for the english version, wonder what will happen..
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Just wondering, will the english version of the game keep roxie's theme in? dogars is obviously the japanese name for koffing and it obviously won't work for the english version, wonder what will happen..
    There's a lot of ways they can handle it. Just make it instrumental, record someone saying Koffing, or keep it the same and just get around it by calling her band The Dogars

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    I gotta say, the Rival theme is really growing on me. Everything else about him is terrible, but his theme is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I'm fairly sure that the music soundtrack is unavailable for us 'Merkins, as I tried clicking on that link and got the message, "Your request could not be completed. That item is unavailable in the U.S. store."
    Too bad, as I really love all the music...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P


    Fun with SI prefixes:

    What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

    2 kilo Mockingbird

    That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Just wondering, will the english version of the game keep roxie's theme in? dogars is obviously the japanese name for koffing and it obviously won't work for the english version, wonder what will happen..
    They don't even really have to change it. They kept the Japanese-language vocals for the Village Bridge, after all.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    I love Roxie's music. And the rival music. I also like Seigaha City's music.

    I also find the toy room theme very creepy.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 5th August 2012 at 1:47 AM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,994

    Default

    Personally, I'd be happier if they just kept Dogars.

    Remember in the English B/W, there was a TV show that told you some of the Pokémon's names in Japanese? I'm sure they could work things out somehow.

    Also, a tad disappointed that they left out the Platinum Regi Battle remix, though I suppose I can live with the B2/W2 one.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dangan Island
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    I'm fairly sure that the music soundtrack is unavailable for us 'Merkins, as I tried clicking on that link and got the message, "Your request could not be completed. That item is unavailable in the U.S. store."
    Too bad, as I really love all the music...
    I'm not 100% sure but if you go on Itunes and go to the bottom of the page, you can change which region's Itunes you want to view, as in change it from North America to Japan? Sorry if it doesn't work..

    As for the DOGARS thing, I hope they keep the Japanese vocals, I love them >.<
    Omega Ruby

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    They don't even really have to change it. They kept the Japanese-language vocals for the Village Bridge, after all.
    I kind of wish they hadn't. It sounds really stupid, as if the guy can't sing or something.

    Dogars is fine, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I kind of wish they hadn't. It sounds really stupid, as if the guy can't sing or something.

    Dogars is fine, though.
    Really? I love the Village Bridge music; I find it exceedingly peaceful.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  12. #262
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,973

    Default

    It will probably be DOGARS (because they're lazy) or it will likely be changed to POISON (because it fits the same amount of letters.)

    I don't know, maybe Roxie could say she made the song while touring in Japan?

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Personally, I don't like how the vocals in Roxie's gym theme practically takes over the entire song. If there were actual lyrics other than "D-O-G-A-R-S, DOGARS!" then I guess that'd be fine, but otherwise, I'm not really feeling it.

    Oh well. :/





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Really? I love the Village Bridge music; I find it exceedingly peaceful.
    It sounds like Gregorian chanting or something. I would've preferred an English version for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In Hoenn
    Posts
    163

    Default

    1. Sinnoh Gym Leader Theme
    2. Johto Gym LEader Theme
    3. Hoenn Gym Leader Theme
    4. Kanto Gym Leader Theme
    5. Unova Gym Leader Theme

    My orden only for Gym Leader Themes.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team:
    ///

  16. #266
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It sounds like Gregorian chanting or something. I would've preferred an English version for that.
    It's called "Enka".

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  17. #267
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dangan Island
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It will probably be DOGARS (because they're lazy) or it will likely be changed to POISON (because it fits the same amount of letters.)

    I don't know, maybe Roxie could say she made the song while touring in Japan?
    Or they could change it to Koffing, as in K-O-FF-I-N-G KOFFING! idk it fits in my head

    I like the idea of touring in Japan, but do real places exist in the Pokemon Universe?
    Omega Ruby

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutaja1996 View Post
    Or they could change it to Koffing, as in K-O-FF-I-N-G KOFFING! idk it fits in my head

    I like the idea of touring in Japan, but do real places exist in the Pokemon Universe?
    Lt. Surge: "The Lightning American"
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    It's called "Enka".
    Okay, still sounds terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dangan Island
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Lt. Surge: "The Lightning American"
    Ah, I has totally forgotten about him
    Omega Ruby

  21. #271
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,973

    Default

    Mew was also discovered in South America. I beileve Surge made a reference to being a war veteran too, which may be referring to Vietnam?

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Mew was also discovered in South America. I beileve Surge made a reference to being a war veteran too, which may be referring to Vietnam?
    And then there's Arcanine's Dex entry, which mentions China.

    Of course, all of this occurred during Gen 1, which was back when they wanted us to think that Pokemon actually took place in our world, with our history. Since then though, they appear to have dropped the idea.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    And then there's Arcanine's Dex entry, which mentions China.

    Of course, all of this occurred during Gen 1, which was back when they wanted us to think that Pokemon actually took place in our world, with our history. Since then though, they appear to have dropped the idea.
    Surge has never been retconned into not being American. I believe that several other NPCs make reference to other regions (even if you decide to ignore things like the GTS for obvious reasons)
    Xatu also has mentions of South America

    until they show an actual world map it's probably safe to assume that the real countries do exist in some capacity, they're just not shown or talked about often because, well, why bother taking away from your fictional (yes yes I know based on real places) places filled with monsters

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Surge has never been retconned into not being American. I believe that several other NPCs make reference to other regions (even if you decide to ignore things like the GTS for obvious reasons)
    Xatu also has mentions of South America

    until they show an actual world map it's probably safe to assume that the real countries do exist in some capacity, they're just not shown or talked about often because, well, why bother taking away from your fictional (yes yes I know based on real places) places filled with monsters
    I didn't say they retconned him into not being American, I simply meant that they've pretty much stopped with the real-world references since then.

    I tend to think that there are countries like American and Japan, it's just that they're divided up into regions as opposed to states and such.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I didn't say they retconned him into not being American, I simply meant that they've pretty much stopped with the real-world references since then.

    I tend to think that there are countries like American and Japan, it's just that they're divided up into regions as opposed to states and such.
    Well, Guile I mean Lt. Surge being American was a decision way back when they didn't know what they wanted to do with the series. So it is safe to assume that they have other plans for the character around now. Anyways, your theory sounds plausible especially since the Pokedex entries mentions real-world places.

    Doesn't any notice that the Encounter: Rival Theme sounds similar to Ken's Theme in Street Fighter Alpha 2 ?
    Last edited by Izanagi; 6th August 2012 at 4:44 AM. Reason: Similarities


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •