Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    YES!! I did notice that; I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    YES!! I did notice that; I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
    YES!! I am the not the only one who noticed that. Regardless, I like both themes.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

YES!! I am the not the only one who noticed that. Regardless, I like both themes.
    Of course.

I'd say that I wish his encounter theme were his actual battle theme (just so I could hear it more often), but then I remember that his battle theme is just as awesome.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Of course.

I'd say that I wish his encounter theme were his actual battle theme (just so I could hear it more often), but then I remember that his battle theme is just as awesome.
    I agree like both his encounter theme and his actual in battle theme. I can't wait to here them both when I own my copy of the games in October. My favorite theme in the entire game however is Colress' theme which is befitting of one of my more favorite charactera despite his resemblance to Wesker from the Resident Evil series of games.

I agree like both his encounter theme and his actual in battle theme. I can't wait to here them both when I own my copy of the games in October. My favorite theme in the entire game however is Colress' theme which is befitting of one of my more favorite charactera despite his resemblance to Wesker from the Resident Evil series of games.
    I've never played RE so I just enjoy Colress to the fullest; he's one of my favorites as well. And his theme is also one of my favorites. I think it's my third favorite of all Pokemon themes, after Black/White Kyurem's theme (#1) and Cyrus' theme (#2).
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I've never played RE so I just enjoy Colress to the fullest; he's one of my favorites as well. And his theme is also one of my favorites. I think it's my third favorite of all Pokemon themes, after Black/White Kyurem's theme (#1) and Cyrus' theme (#2).
    I haven't head Black/White Kyurem's theme yet as to not spoil myself too much. However, Cyrus's theme is one of my favorite boss themes from Pokemon right up their with N's and Ghetsis' themes.

I am really excited about Marlon's Gym Theme! That's some awesome gym music. even though it is not fit for the last Gym.

I was pleasantly surprised with all the different gym music. I could listen to Burgh's gym theme for hours, its so soothing. As for battle music I like the updated songs in the World Tournament, they bring back some awesome memories. However, nothing beats Iris' battle theme.

I cant wait to see roxie's theme dubbed
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Do you guys think BW has better instruments than DP? (Well you can't even argue it's better than HGSS because they just enhanced the quality/loops of the instruments so of course it's better).

I like BW instrments a lot! And they use most of the instruments HGSS/DP had too! Even the Rock organ from DP is used on one of the Medal jingles (22 Medal Box Renewal! on B2W2 Disc 2).
    Last edited by Master Emerald; 13th August 2012 at 1:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Emerald View Post
    Do you guys think BW has better instruments than DP? (Well you can't even argue it's better than HGSS because they just enhanced the quality/loops of the instruments so of course it's better).

I like BW instrments a lot! And they use most of the instruments HGSS/DP had too! Even the Rock organ from DP is used on one of the Medal jingles (22 Medal Box Renewal! on B2W2 Disc 2).
    One of the reasons why I loved the D/P/Pt soundtrack is because of the use of instruments, specifically the Organ. It sounds brilliant in themes like Route 203 and Sunyshore City, and not to mention the awesome interlude in the Credits theme (best credits theme ever, imo).
    B/W Instruments sounded a little bit too conventional for my liking and it didn't help that some of the tracks were quite bland and boring.
    But nevertheless I'm loving B/W2's soundtrack, especially Roxie's theme, Elesa's theme, most of the new route music and the Rebirth Mountain themes.

For me, the music is one of the most important aspects in a Pokemon game. I own all the soundtracks for that reason. It's funny too, because I imported the soundtrack to B2W2 a few weeks back, but have only put in an order for one of the games today.

There is so much amazing music in Gen V, I am glad they continued the awesome music in B2W2. The gyms are just amazing (except maybe Opelucid).

Exactly! Everyone else I know who plays Pokemon or any other game for that matter never pays attention to the music even though I'm always nagging them to. It enhances and adds to the gameplay so much and it pains me that some people opt to mute their games while playing it.
    I'd order the B/W2 soundtrack if I could but everywhere I look is really expensive and I'm struggling to gather funds to buy it, let alone to buy the actual game when it comes out.
    I know this has been said before but I'll say it again - rest in peace, Route 10 music.

I just love Burgh's gym theme! It's just so calming, and it just fits him perfectly. Colress's theme is really impressive, and I was amazed at the Team Plasma theme (until I heard it millions of times)
    Generic Signiture. Woopee..

Gen V currently has my favorite soundtrack. I wasn't sure if they could top BW, but they did flawlessly! The gym themes were creatively done, and Skyla's and Burgh's are some of the best in the series IMO. Along with that, they managed to remake the classic region's themes, and did so while keeping the original feel of them. Listening to the music makes me so excited for B/W 2! I want it to be October so I can finally hear these for myself
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

The remix theme of the encounter Plasma sages' theme sounds more darker and creepier than the original theme from BW1. It makes it even more epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    One of the reasons why I loved the D/P/Pt soundtrack is because of the use of instruments, specifically the Organ. It sounds brilliant in themes like Route 203 and Sunyshore City, and not to mention the awesome interlude in the Credits theme (best credits theme ever, imo).
    B/W Instruments sounded a little bit too conventional for my liking and it didn't help that some of the tracks were quite bland and boring.
    But nevertheless I'm loving B/W2's soundtrack, especially Roxie's theme, Elesa's theme, most of the new route music and the Rebirth Mountain themes.
    Oh hahah, one of the instrments I didn't like so much was that organ (very noticeable on Route 203). I like how it sounds but it doesn't scream "mountain/forest adventure" which the routes are. It fits cities, battle (and their facilities) and every other artificial stuff artificially built. BUT they reused it in B2W2! On the Disc 2 of the OST! "Track 22 - Medal Box Renewal!" I've ripped the instruments of that song just to check, exactly it. Anyway, I think B2W2 are technically better and they make the DP songs sound better too!

Oh hahah, one of the instrments I didn't like so much was that organ (very noticeable on Route 203). I like how it sounds but it doesn't scream "mountain/forest adventure" which the routes are. It fits cities, battle (and their facilities) and every other artificial stuff artificially built. BUT they reused it in B2W2! On the Disc 2 of the OST! "Track 22 - Medal Box Renewal!" I've ripped the instruments of that song just to check, exactly it. Anyway, I think B2W2 are technically better and they make the DP songs sound better too!
    When I heard they re-used the organ I got really excited and was expecting a brand-new route or city theme which I had somehow criminally overlooked, only to find that it's just a six second jingle where the organ is barely audible except for the little scale at the end.
    And yeah, I get what you mean when you say the organ doesn't exactly add a sense of adventure, but I felt that it was more than suitable for an early "training" route that appears in most games. If you've noticed the progression usually goes First Route music which is typically happy and cheerful, then Second Route music which is still whimsical but introduces more dramatic elements, and then the themes after that are typically adventure-like and epic in their own sense.
    D/P/Pt songs may sound better with a B/W soundfont but I really wish Game Freak redid the Lake trio's battle music....

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    When I heard they re-used the organ I got really excited and was expecting a brand-new route or city theme which I had somehow criminally overlooked, only to find that it's just a six second jingle where the organ is barely audible except for the little scale at the end.
    And yeah, I get what you mean when you say the organ doesn't exactly add a sense of adventure, but I felt that it was more than suitable for an early "training" route that appears in most games. If you've noticed the progression usually goes First Route music which is typically happy and cheerful, then Second Route music which is still whimsical but introduces more dramatic elements, and then the themes after that are typically adventure-like and epic in their own sense.
    D/P/Pt songs may sound better with a B/W soundfont but I really wish Game Freak redid the Lake trio's battle music....
    I didn't say the Organ didn't fit 'adventure' but It DOESN'T fit 'mountains' and forests. Anyway I thought just pasting the DP songs in BW for the Sinnoh Legend battle themes were just lazy too xD!

I really love this game's music. Everything appeals to me. Except one minor nitpick. The Hoenn remixes are lacking the instruments (trumpets?) that made them so distinctive to me. BTW I adore the Rival's theme, Colress' theme, Elesa's Gym, Cynthia's remix (always love Cynthia), Title Screen and Iris' theme.
    "I swear Bianca if you crit me I'll push you down the stairs." - The wise words of BlameTruth on Rival battles

Opponent sent out Ninetales!
    Me: I know! Fight fire with fire!
    Arcanine used Flare Blitz!
    Ninetales's Flash Fire made it useless....
    Me: 0.0
    -.-
    Stupid saying.........

Planned White 2 Team:
    Biggles Magneto Sally
    Soprana Padfoot Gatling

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Llama View Post
    I really love this game's music. Everything appeals to me. Except one minor nitpick. The Hoenn remixes are lacking the instruments (trumpets?) that made them so distinctive to me. BTW I adore the Rival's theme, Colress' theme, Elesa's Gym, Cynthia's remix (always love Cynthia), Title Screen and Iris' theme.
    Yeah I noticed the trumpets were absent in the Hoenn remixes when I was listening to the tracks on Youtube. I really hope they add them back to the *cough*unmentionable Ruby/Sapphire remakes*cough*
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I didn't say the Organ didn't fit 'adventure' but It DOESN'T fit 'mountains' and forests. Anyway I thought just pasting the DP songs in BW for the Sinnoh Legend battle themes were just lazy too xD!
    Ah, I see. I sort of agree with you but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a track in Pokemon which does fit Mountains and Forest on a universal scale (that is to say, in a way in which everyone can agree on). You have tracks like the Eterna Forest theme which may sound foresty in context, but it's also used in the Snowpoint Temple, which is just about as far from foresty as you an get.
    Yes, laziness all round - clearly Game Freak thought no-one would really care so they just put the old tracks in and hoped that no-one would notice

I know I have already said this already but Colress' theme rocks IMO.

It's almost two months since the games have been released and does no-one yet have an explanation as to why a Rustboro City inexplicably surfaced on You Tube as part of the game's soundtrack?

You know with these games their is always something that was left that fans can't explain why it was left.

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast