Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Results 776 to 800 of 1636

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

  1. #776
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    For me, it's:

    Original versions: Unova > Kanto GSCHGSS > Kanto RBYFRLG > Johto > Sinnoh > Hoenn

    PWT: Kanto > Hoenn > Sinnoh > Johto
    Kanto FRLG > Unova > Johto > Kanto HGSS > Sinnoh > Hoenn. Original versions. I've barely listened to the PWT music so I can't judge.

  2. #777
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No Where
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I like all the new music better than the old gens music for some reason.My second would probably be White 1 music and I don't have a third because all the rest are tied for third.



    Omega - 1/1/13


  3. #778
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    As far as PWT Leader themes go, I'd rank theme as (Unova) > Johto > Sinnoh > Hoenn > Kanto.

    Also, I LOVE the White Treehollow theme. It is amazing. White 2 players may have gotten shafted with Easy Mode, but given this theme along with their Reversal Mountain theme, I'd say that they definitely got the superior soundtrack.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  4. #779
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4

    Default

    From what I've played of the game so far I think it has the best music of any game before it. I think it gives a really cool atmosphere to the game.

  5. #780
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    As far as PWT Leader themes go, I'd rank theme as (Unova) > Johto > Sinnoh > Hoenn > Kanto.

    Also, I LOVE the White Treehollow theme. It is amazing. White 2 players may have gotten shafted with Easy Mode, but given this theme along with their Reversal Mountain theme, I'd say that they definitely got the superior soundtrack.
    I personally rank the PWT as Unova > Sinnoh > Kanto > Hoenn > Johto. Being on the topic, I thought I'd give my opinion. I love Johto and Hoenn's old themes much better than I like Sinnoh's old theme, but a remix can certainly tell a different story. Unova is my favorite regardless of that fact, though.

    Wait, Reversal Mountain gets a different theme in White 2? Man, if my brother wasn't so slow, I would've known that by now. I need to listen to it now. Of course, I do like the song for it in Black 2. As for White Treehollow, I'm keeping my game with it as soon as my brother finally gets beyond Driftveil, even if Benga isn't there anymore, because no matter how catchy the Black Tower theme was at first, it gets really annoying in a matter of minutes.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!



  6. #781
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wait, Reversal Mountain gets a different theme in White 2? Man, if my brother wasn't so slow, I would've known that by now. I need to listen to it now.
    Yeah, it's got trumpets instead of whatever instrument Black 2 uses. Although it still has the chimes, which are great.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  7. #782
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Yeah, it's got trumpets instead of whatever instrument Black 2 uses. Although it still has the chimes, which are great.
    Oh, I just heard it. Yeah, it is great too. The fact that it keep the chimes makes the Black 2 version feel quiet and almost empty, though I guess it only makes sense, since it fits the environment. The White 2 version fits the area more, though, since with the fact that Heatran appears there, you would think that putting water in the cave is unfitting, along with the volcanic atmosphere outside.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!



  8. #783

    Default

    Is the theme for Opelucid City in B2 different from W2's again?

  9. #784
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Is the theme for Opelucid City in B2 different from W2's again?
    I haven't gotten that far in B2 yet, but I don't see why they'd keep the same theme for W2 as was in White, and then change B2's theme to be the same.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I haven't gotten that far in B2 yet, but I don't see why they'd keep the same theme for W2 as was in White, and then change B2's theme to be the same.
    I'm not sure either. But I just looked it up and they are different again.

    IMO W/W2's is better anyway so maybe they decided to think the same ^^ you never know

  11. #786
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I'm not sure either. But I just looked it up and they are different again.

    IMO W/W2's is better anyway so maybe they decided to think the same ^^ you never know
    I agree with you there, I prefer the more natural sound of White. But it just wouldn't make sense to switch them at this point.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I agree with you there, I prefer the more natural sound of White. But it just wouldn't make sense to switch them at this point.
    I would like to hear a version, if they were to attempt a universal theme, if they mixed the two together between the technological and natural

  13. #788
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Is the theme for Opelucid City in B2 different from W2's again?
    Probably, why wouldn't it be? It still has the exact same differences

    I do agree W/W2's is better though.

  14. #789
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Man, now I'm the odd one out liking B/B2's theme better. But yeah, no other town, city, or route theme from B/W changed, so there's no reason Opelucid City would be any different.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!



  15. #790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Probably, why wouldn't it be? It still has the exact same differences

    I do agree W/W2's is better though.
    I broke my Pokemon tradition for BW2 and chose to get W2 over B2 first. I've always picked the dark colored games ever since GS (Gold being the choice there). But one of the reasons I chose W2 was because I liked the Opelucid City theme better. I'm still gunna get B2 eventually, but until then...

  16. #791
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Ehh, it sounds kinda choppy. Same reason why I had a problem with the old team plasma theme

  17. #792
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Ehh, it sounds kinda choppy. Same reason why I had a problem with the old team plasma theme
    Well, I've always been a fan of more "futuristic" themes in pokemon, though, I'll agree that the old plasma theme was kinda choppy. I much rather prefer their new theme, partly due to my preferences.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!



  18. #793

    Default

    Is there a specific reason why the 2 are different?

    I can understand if it was because of Black City and White Forest, but are there individual stories to those as well?

  19. #794
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    Opelucid City in White is based off of nature and the past while Opelucid City in Black is based off of the future. Why did Game Freak do that? It's beyond me.

  20. #795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Opelucid City in White is based off of nature and the past while Opelucid City in Black is based off of the future. Why did Game Freak do that? It's beyond me.
    Either way, I enjoy the whole ancient/natural/arcane feel of White better.

  21. #796
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Opelucid City in White is based off of nature and the past while Opelucid City in Black is based off of the future. Why did Game Freak do that? It's beyond me.
    The games are all about opposites that go hand-in-hand. Black and white, truth and ideals, nature and technology. I'm sure there are more.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #797
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    The White 2 version fits the area more, though, since with the fact that Heatran appears there, you would think that putting water in the cave is unfitting, along with the volcanic atmosphere outside.
    Not really, the version differences appeal to different aspects of the cave. Black 2 Reversal Mountain appeals to the fact that it's a place where Heatran goes to cool down.

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Opelucid City in White is based off of nature and the past while Opelucid City in Black is based off of the future. Why did Game Freak do that? It's beyond me.
    It fits the theme of opposing ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  23. #798
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Opelucid City in White is based off of nature and the past while Opelucid City in Black is based off of the future. Why did Game Freak do that? It's beyond me.
    As others have said, it's the conceptual dualism behind Black and White. Another example appears in Mistralton City, where in Black, vegetables are engineered in greenhouses while in White, they're grown in natural soil. Even the cover dragons get in on the fun; Reshiram's tail uses a flame which is a primitive and natural energy source, while Zekrom's tail uses an electric generator, which could only be developed with modern technology.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  24. #799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    As others have said, it's the conceptual dualism behind Black and White. Another example appears in Mistralton City, where in Black, vegetables are engineered in greenhouses while in White, they're grown in natural soil. Even the cover dragons get in on the fun; Reshiram's tail uses a flame which is a primitive and natural energy source, while Zekrom's tail uses a high-tech generator.
    Well played. I never would have pieced that together. So why is Reshiram featured in Black?

  25. #800
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    It's supposed to represent Ying and Yang guys, polar opposites

Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •